Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions that s7 need to address before the sales window closes for the next wave

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar

Questions that s7 need to address before the sales window closes for the next wave

Now that my figures have arrived and I can assess them myself, Im actually impressed with most .....but I really think we all need some solid answers from Brian and S7.

1) what guarantee can customers get that The Sorceress and Granita will not have incorrect hip pegs, warped shins, over dremmeled heads, warped chins, and height reductions from the prototypes that we've been shown?

2) will there be better quality control in place to ensure that the paint slop, missing accessories and lack of care when packaging the first wave and their inserts will not happen again?

3) will a stronger neck peg be implemented?

4) are better quality plastics (non waxy/shiny) being explored?

5) why was Hawke sent out to customers when you were fully aware that the dremelling had pushed out and warped the head, ruining her face and making her head sit too low on the peg? This was obviously faulty, why was the issue not fixed and the head recast rather than sending it out anyway and expecting customers to just suck it up?

6) what is the definitive delivery date for the next wave?

7) knowing that a lot of Teela figures were sent out to customers with the wrong pegs why were the factory not ordered to compensate the situation by replacing the error stock with correct stock/or further figures put into production to provide you with customer service stock for replacements? Again why is it down to the customers to pay for the error?

8.) what is the procedure for returning faulty items? Will you provide a prepaid return label? If faults are the manufacturers fault why is it down to the customer to swallow expensive return costs (especially for international customers) to return an item that your company sent out faulty?

9) many customers are finding issues that are only discoverable once they have removed the figure from the packaging (locked limbs, immovable parts, paint splash, scrapes and scuffing in the plastic, snapping neck pegs, snapping limb pegs, missing accessories etc) yet your CS staff says it will only refund or replace unopened items? Faulty is faulty, unopened or not, please can you address this issue?

10) the preorder for the next wave shows the Sorceress and Granita as the expected height, however Teela and Hawke were also shown at this height and both suffered a huge reduction in height to a ridiculous level, will the Sorceress and Granita be the same height we've been shown or will they too be shrunk?

11) Both Dylamug and Man-e-faces have rotating faces, what measures will you implement to ensure that these rotating elements donít suffer the same problem that Triklops has?

ka
    Drowning in a Sea of Plastic.

This'll be good to see. I bailed on Super7 after the Ultimates, but from what I've seen since, they're running the licence into the ground with horrendously faulty products. I feel for collectors who are being outright shafted by this company.

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Now that my figures have arrived and I can assess them myself, Im actually impressed with most .....but I really think we all need some solid answers from Brian and S7.

1) what guarantee can customers get that The Sorceress and Granita will not have incorrect hip pegs, warped shins, over dremmeled heads, warped chins, and height reductions from the prototypes that we've been shown?

2) will there be better quality control in place to ensure that the paint slop, missing accessories and lack of care when packaging the first wave and their inserts will not happen again?

5) why was Hawke sent out to customers when you were fully aware that the dremelling had pushed out and warped the head, ruining her face and making her head sit too low on the peg? This was obviously faulty, why was the issue not fixed and the head recast rather than sending it out anyway and expecting customers to just suck it up?

7) knowing that a lot of Teela figures were sent out to customers with the wrong pegs why were the factory not ordered to compensate the situation by replacing the error stock with correct stock/or further figures put into production to provide you with customer service stock for replacements? Again why is it down to the customers to pay for the error?

8.) what is the procedure for returning faulty items? Will you provide a prepaid return label? If faults are the manufacturers fault why is it down to the customer to swallow expensive return costs (especially for international customers) to return an item that your company sent out faulty?

9) many customers are finding issues that are only discoverable once they have removed the figure from the packaging (locked limbs, immovable parts, paint splash, scrapes and scuffing in the plastic, snapping neck pegs, snapping limb pegs, missing accessories etc) yet your CS staff says it will only refund or replace unopened items? Faulty is faulty, unopened or not, please can you address this issue?

10) the preorder for the next wave shows the Sorceress and Granita as the expected height, however Teela and Hawke were also shown at this height and both suffered a huge reduction in height to a ridiculous level, will the Sorceress and Granita be the same height we've been shown or will they too be shrunk?

11) Both Dylamug and Man-e-faces have rotating faces, what measures will you implement to ensure that these rotating elements don’t suffer the same problem that Triklops has?

ka
    These are exactly the points that need to be addressed. Some of the figures are great (quality and texture of plastic aside) but Hawke is a mess and should never have been sent to customers and Teela is substandard compared to the other Filmation figures with lower legs that are almost half an inch too short, a shrunken torso, uneven leg pegs and a weird waxy face topped off with crude face apps.

The quality of some of the other figures give me faith that Super7 have the ability to continue Classics and the Filmation line in a way that does them justice, but these issues need to be dealt with before they move forward with future waves.
    Last edited by Tribal Spaceman; March 10, 2018 at 09:16am.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    These are excellent questions and I'd like to hear what S7 has to say on this. Let me say I'm not commenting to complain because I'm very grateful that S7 is standing in the gap and continuing to produce Masters of the Universe product for us. Having said that, the quality is below that of Mattel's quality. To be fare, transitions are difficult. However, there are real concerns with this line as it goes forward. The paint slop, waxy plastic, quality of the plastic, fittings, pegs, joints etc are all concerns for me. The Power Con exclusives were the first time I noticed it. Those figures were figures I really anticipated and as I'm looking at them, I'm thinking, what has happened to the plastic? With this recent wave, I'm seeing some similar issues. With the increase in cost and my graduate school tuition, It's becoming more difficult for me to continue this line. I've purchased two of everything since 2008 until this wave due to the economic factors. I'm still planning to get this next wave, but improvements need to take place that reflect the above concerns for this line to continue to get all the support I want to give it. I love this property to the point of obsession that warrants referral to counseling. But I can't spend this kind of money on this quality indefinitely. I believe that S7 will get this shored up and we'll have great product going forward.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

I’d like to see the added details to the CC figures. I don’t fully trust Super7 design choices at the moment.

Heroic Warrior
    I’d like them to consider going back to the Mattel factory, which is the guise under which we bought this stuff to begin with. I can live with delays due to queue placement (as long as there is good communication). It’s not like there haven’t been gobs of delays already.

These are all great questions. I don't believe however that Super-7 is the type of company to answer them. I believe they would rather just give over arching statements of how they will improve quality as best they can, without getting into specifics that might reassure customer confidence, but would also hold them more liable if they were not able to follow through with any direct answers to these questions.

The simple answer is that we have seen their track record, and to not expect anything better than we have seen previously, other than a possible incremental improvement, or slight drop off in quality.

You pay your money and you take your chances. Hopefully, when production pieces surface, you will be able to decide whether or not to cancel your pre-orders based on what you see in the final product.

Quote Originally Posted by staff of ka View Post
    now that my figures have arrived and i can assess them myself, im actually impressed with most .....but i really think we all need some solid answers from brian and s7.

1) what guarantee can customers get that the sorceress and granita will not have incorrect hip pegs, warped shins, over dremmeled heads, warped chins, and height reductions from the prototypes that we've been shown?

5) why was hawke sent out to customers when you were fully aware that the dremelling had pushed out and warped the head, ruining her face and making her head sit too low on the peg? This was obviously faulty, why was the issue not fixed and the head recast rather than sending it out anyway and expecting customers to just suck it up?

7) knowing that a lot of teela figures were sent out to customers with the wrong pegs why were the factory not ordered to compensate the situation by replacing the error stock with correct stock/or further figures put into production to provide you with customer service stock for replacements? Again why is it down to the customers to pay for the error?

9) many customers are finding issues that are only discoverable once they have removed the figure from the packaging (locked limbs, immovable parts, paint splash, scrapes and scuffing in the plastic, snapping neck pegs, snapping limb pegs, missing accessories etc) yet your cs staff says it will only refund or replace unopened items? Faulty is faulty, unopened or not, please can you address this issue?

10) the preorder for the next wave shows the sorceress and granita as the expected height, however teela and hawke were also shown at this height and both suffered a huge reduction in height to a ridiculous level, will the sorceress and granita be the same height we've been shown or will they too be shrunk?

11) both dylamug and man-e-faces have rotating faces, what measures will you implement to ensure that these rotating elements donít suffer the same problem that triklops has?

Ka
    all of that.

Fantastic questions, every single one of which needs to be specifically addressed in detail.

However, I would add the reversed shins, since even though it is an easy fix for people who open their figures, it does effect MOC collectors.

Quote Originally Posted by ero View Post
    I’d like them to consider going back to the Mattel factory, which is the guise under which we bought this stuff to begin with. I can live with delays due to queue placement (as long as there is good communication). It’s not like there haven’t been gobs of delays already.
    Most factories in China that make toys are very similar, the difference is in the plastics and money for Quality Control. People are going to have to accept the fact that Super 7 is not Mattel. This is a company that produces small scale, low articulation, low detail novelty toys and figurines.

Super 7 is getting it's first stab at producing highly articulated, large scale figures. They probably don't have the money that Mattel had, and so they have to use cheaper, more brittle plastics, lesser quality paints, and overall cheaper production methods. The result is figures that are slightly lower in quality from Mattel.

Heroic Warrior
    Very well worded and thought out questions. Hopefully their communication will improve along with the quality of the products.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd really like to know when my figures are going to arrive before I think about the next wave

11) Both Dylamug and Man-e-faces have rotating faces, what measures will you implement to ensure that these rotating elements don’t suffer the same problem that Triklops has?

ka
    You my friend have some detailed well thought out questions that many here would like to know the answers to, What i suggest you do is Email them at this link https://super7store.com/pages/customer-service And when you receive your answers post them here for all too see.

I would also like to see exactly where the final figures are at in the production phase before plopping down money for Wave 2. If there's been tweaks or changes to anything, I want to know about it right now. All I see when I go to the pre-order page are photos that don't appear to be current.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    These are all great questions. I don't believe however that Super-7 is the type of company to answer them. I believe they would rather just give over arching statements of how they will improve quality as best they can, without getting into specifics that might reassure customer confidence, but would also hold them more liable if they were not able to follow through with any direct answers to these questions.

The simple answer is that we have seen their track record, and to not expect anything better than we have seen previously, other than a possible incremental improvement, or slight drop off in quality.

You pay your money and you take your chances. Hopefully, when production pieces surface, you will be able to decide whether or not to cancel your pre-orders based on what you see in the final product.
    This is exactly right.

They aren't going to really answer any questions. And even when they do, like at Toyfair, they later act as though they didn't say that (like on the Supercast).

You pay your money and hope for the best. I really feel for people going all-in on these waves.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

I'd also like the shins of the Filmation figures to be looked at.

The males have skinny lower legs from the bootcut down. The calves are largely the same scale as Classics figures but then they taper quite dramatically to a slimmer shin and ankle, and it looks almost comical. It's especially apparent on Duncan and Hordak. These guys are meant to be wearing boots and armour. Their legs must be TINY under all that. As for the females, Teela's lower legs are the correct thickness for the scale, but almost half an inch too short. This isn't a uniquely Super7 issue, as Mattel figures like He-Man and Evil-Lyn had similar issues, but they do have the power to do something about it going forward.
    Last edited by Tribal Spaceman; March 10, 2018 at 05:48pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Spaceman View Post
    I'd also like the shins of the Filmation figures to be looked at.

The males have skinny lower legs from the bootcut down. The calves are largely the same scale as Classics figures but then they taper quite dramatically to a slimmer shin and ankle, and it looks almost comical. It's especially apparent on Duncan and Hordak. These guys are meant to be wearing boots and armour. Their legs must be TINY under all that. As for the females, Teela's lower legs are the correct thickness for the scale, but almost half an inch too short. This isn't a uniquely Super7 issue, as Mattel figures like He-Man and Evil-Lyn had similar issues, but they do have the power to do something about it going forward.
    That’s how it looked in the Filmation cartoon. Are you questioning the Horsemen on how they sculpt the animated figures look?
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    That’s how it looked in the Filmation cartoon. Are you questioning the Horsemen on how they sculpt the animated figures look?
    The prototypes don't have skinny ankles and neither do the characters in the cartoon. These parts have shrunk during the production process. The figures are not meant to have the exact proportions of the Filmation series anyway, that would have meant entirely new bucks. They are a close approximation of that look, modified to work in the Classics scale.

The 4H have done brilliant things with translating 2D designs into 3D, hopefully S7 will look into ways of preserving more of their handiwork during the translation to a poseable action figure, and skinny legs and bloated heads will be a thing of the past.

11) Both Dylamug and Man-e-faces have rotating faces, what measures will you implement to ensure that these rotating elements donít suffer the same problem that Triklops has?

ka
    Chances of getting Super7 to answer any of these questions at all, let alone in such a short time frame, is nil. Also, why in the world would they close the preorders on a Thursday at midnight when a great many people get paid on a Friday?

I'd like the armor to be removable, on the cc figures at the very least.

As a future potential customer I would very much like to see Super 7 answer these questions. I would see it as a sign of respect for their customers as the concerns have been raised by a number of their customers and those concerns should be addressed in a positive way.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

That may be why we have not yet seen the next wave of figures. Because they plan to give answers to these questions before we see new product.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    Chances of getting Super7 to answer any of these questions at all, let alone in such a short time frame, is nil. Also, why in the world would they close the preorders on a Thursday at midnight when a great many people get paid on a Friday?
    Beware the Ides of March.

Ka, the answers to all of these questions and more has already been given: "Grab him by the chin and the hair... then, twist." - Voila!!
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Beware the Ides of March.
    Haha, yeah - didn't even think about that. That may be the writing on the wall indicating MOTUC's demise. If so, it's a shame.

In all seriousness, it was a rather silly choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Ka, the answers to all of these questions and more has already been given: "Grab him by the chin and the hair... then, twist." - Voila!!
    Don't forget - he used some "hoss" in there somewhere too.