Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you suffering from Filmation fatigue?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerBlade View Post
    That's very subjective, it's not too much if that's your preferred style. In that case you'd be lapping it up whilst it lasts....which it won't, then ppl can complain when something else takes the limelight that they don't like.
    Niki's comments weren't subjective at all - just pointing out the facts of how Filmation has influenced the CC selections thus far.

I think it's important to recognise that just because some of us want less Filmation in CC, it doesn't mean we're anti-Filmation figures. There's room for both; it's just the encroachment of one into the other that we're wary about.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    Niki's comments weren't subjective at all - just pointing out the facts of how Filmation has influenced the CC selections thus far.

I think it's important to recognise that just because some of us want less Filmation in CC, it doesn't mean we're anti-Filmation figures. There's room for both; it's just the encroachment of one into the other that we're wary about.
    But there are anti Filmation collectors who feel collectors choice should be all that’s offered as apowercon exclusives. Last year there were six CC and because this year it was all Filmation they complained over and over. I think the exclusives need to be fair and not all just CC, CG fans should get exclusives for powercon too.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seril View Post
    True, but the year before they were all mini comic and concept characters and no Filmation figures. So if you take both years into account it balances out.
    Indeed and since next year is the 30th anniversary of NA, so maybe the next powercon exclusive will be all NA ! Who knows !
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post

That's my viewpoint too, and from what I have seen, is the general opinion of most people with the Filmation fatigue.

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by Seril View Post
    True, but the year before they were all mini comic and concept characters and no Filmation figures. So if you take both years into account it balances out.
    Here is the list i made early in this thread but i have no problem reposting it. It shows all the new released or upcoming figures made by SUPER7 so far(not counting re-released Ultimates, Stridor or Snake Mountain):

19 FILMATION figures (3 waves, 5 characters as exclusives, plus 2 characters sneaked into Collectors Choice)
    3 mini comics variants
    3 never released mix and match characters
    1 NA
    1 200X based new character
    1 vintage mini comics character
    1 POP cartoon character with last minute added details to match MOTUC faction members
    1 movie inspired magazine character
    1 concept character

I wouldīt call that balanced at all.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Here is the list i made early in this thread but i have no problem reposting it. It shows all the new released or upcoming figures made by SUPER7 so far(not counting re-released Ultimates, Stridor or Snake Mountain):

19 FILMATION figures (3 waves, 5 characters as exclusives, plus 2 characters sneaked into Collectors Choice)
    3 mini comics variants
    1 NA
    1 POP cartoon character with last minute added details to match MOTUC faction members
    1 concept character

Get out of here with your "facts".

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Get out of here with your "facts".
    IKR

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

3 mini comics variants
    1 NA
    1 concept character

You're right... that isn't balanced at all! Where are the rest of the New Adventures?!?!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Totally Dyslexic
    There are facts and there are alternative facts, everyone can choose

And i agree NA as the last big HE-MAN toyline which is still not completed should be a priority. The next two waves need to have a NA character and i would love to see a NA exclusive plus the next beast slot has to be Sagitar. Period.

FILMATION fans have Club Grayskull so they donīt have to worry. They canīt be underrepresented with two waves planned each year they will have 8 characters minimum coming their way.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Warrior

3 mini comics variants
    1 NA
    1 concept character

But are the ones you listed individually not Collectors Choice? Collectors Choice has no specific representation. I see:

12 Collectors Choice, 16 if you add the upcoming wave 3 reveals

19 vs 16. not that much of a difference

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkerBoh View Post
    But are the ones you listed individually not Collectors Choice? Collectors Choice has no specific representation. I see:

12 Collectors Choice, 16 if you add the upcoming wave 3 reveals

19 vs 16. not that much of a difference
    But iīm not going for FILMATION vs Collectors Choice. BUT if i would at this point it would be still 19 vs 12 since they decided to hold back on the next Collectors Choice and only presented the FILMATION figures.
    Eventually there will be a wave 3 but for more than a year we have not seen ONE Collectors Choice figure but NINE FILMATION characters.

What iīm pointing out with my list is the styles and faction. Which shows one faction or style is represented extremely well. While others simply arenīt accounted for like POP concept characters or JETLAG characters.

And i said it numbers times if they had given Hawkes outfit more details than i would count her as Collectors Choice figure. And rightfully so. Same goes for Dylamug but they decided against it and that proves to me FILMATION style has taken over more space than itīs necessary.

I just don't buy the Club Grayskull figures and Filmation styled new vintage figures from Super7 - that's the best message I can give them that I'm not a big Filmation fan.
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Heroic Warrior
    But iīm not going for FILMATION vs Collectors Choice. BUT if i would at this point it would be still 19 vs 12 since they decided to hold back on the next Collectors Choice and only presented the FILMATION figures.
    Eventually there will be a wave 3 but for more than a year we have not seen ONE Collectors Choice figure but NINE FILMATION characters.

What iīm pointing out with my list is the styles and faction. Which shows one faction or style is represented extremely well. While others simply arenīt accounted for like POP concept characters or JETLAG characters.

And i said it numbers times if they had given Hawkes outfit more details than i would count her as Collectors Choice figure. And rightfully so. Same goes for Dylamug but they decided against it and that proves to me FILMATION style has taken over more space than itīs necessary.
    I get what you are saying, but is it really fair to compare an entire line dedicated to FILMATION to a break down by faction of another line?

Not being argumentative, its an interesting discussion.

We don't have those Club Grayskull wave three figures yet Niki, in fact they haven't held the Preorder yet and the figures are NOT in production so you shouldn't count them as we won't get them until next year.

Super7 has given us

Filmation Hordak

Filmation Tri-Klops

Filmation Man At arms

Filmation Teela

Filmation Hawke/Delora

Filmation Tung Lashor

Filmation Dylamug

Filmation Sorceress

Filmation Man E Faces

Filmation Trollan two pack

Filmation Chopper

Filmation spikor

That's 13 from Super7

Collectors Choice

Lodar

Fangor

Quake

Wrap Trap

Karg

Granita

Two Powercon three packs

that's 12 From Super7

Laughing Adam Internet Meme Figure SDCC Exclusive ( Not true Filmation Adam )

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkerBoh View Post
    I get what you are saying, but is it really fair to compare an entire line dedicated to FILMATION to a break down by faction of another line?

Not being argumentative, its an interesting discussion.

But FILMATION is more of a style and itīs own world at this point MOTUC classic tried to bring all the different styles together. Club Grayskull is a different line but still takes over.

MOTUC took the FILMATION characters and gave them a three dimensional look. Club Grayskull takes that back again and thatīs not meant as a reproach thatīs one of those facts iīm talking about.

You see 19 vs 12 Club Grayskull vs Collectors Choice. Which is fine and your prerogative. I see a style that overshadows and is crossing over into a different toy line.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    We don't have those Club Grayskull wave three figures yet Niki, in fact they haven't held the Preorder yet and the figures are NOT in production so you shouldn't count them as we won't get them until next year.

Super7 has given us

Filmation Hordak

Filmation Tri-Klops

Filmation Man At arms

Filmation Teela

Filmation Hawke/Delora

Filmation Tung Lashor

Filmation Dylamug

Filmation Sorceress

Filmation Man E Faces

Filmation Trollan two pack

Filmation Chopper

Filmation spikor

That's 13 from Super7

Collectors Choice

Lodar

Fangor

Quake

Wrap Trap

Karg

Granita

Two Powercon three packs

that's 12 From Super7

Laughing Adam Internet Meme Figure SDCC Exclusive ( Not true Filmation Adam )
    Why wouldnīt i count wave 3 ? They are revealed and we see how they most likely will look like in the end. They will come. As will Collectors Choice wave 3 and if they would have been revealed i would have counted them as well.

Laughing Prince Adam is 90% FILMATION and comes in the Club Grayskull package. He uses the FILMATION bug that makes him FILMATION donīt you think?
    Last edited by Niki; September 22, 2018 at 10:38am.

Laughing Prince Adam is 90% FILMATION and comes in the Club Grayskull package. He uses the FILMATION bug that makes him FILMATION donīt you think?
    Yes and No

Brian Flynn said Laughing adam is a mixture of parts and the Club Grayskull Prince adam that's coming will need All new parts to do him correctly.
    Laughing adams Vest is from the Powercon Mini comic Prince adam and it doesn't fit the figure good, the power sword is not even filmation. Yes it's in the Club Grayskull packaging but its different and glittery. The figure really is not meant to be Club Grayskull but more of a fun Internet Meme figure and a SDCC exclusive.

Totally Dyslexic
    Yes and No

Brian Flynn said Laughing adam is a mixture of parts and the Club Grayskull Prince adam that's coming will need All new parts to do him correctly.
    Laughing adams Vest is from the Powercon Mini comic Prince adam and it doesn't fit the figure good, the power sword is not even filmation. Yes it's in the Club Grayskull packaging but its different and glittery. The figure really is not meant to be Club Grayskull but more of a fun Internet Meme figure and a SDCC exclusive.
    What makes him FILMATION for me is the fact that he was created for FILMATION. Before the cartoon He-Man had no alter ego. That started with FILMATION and than took over for the DC comics and every other Media which followed.

And the fact that they gave him the pink sword just to make him even more laughable is an insult in itself if you ask me

What makes him FILMATION for me is the fact that he was created for FILMATION. Before the cartoon He-Man had no alter ego. That started with FILMATION and than took over for the DC comics and every other Media which followed.

And the fact that they gave him the pink sword just to make him even more laughable is an insult in itself if you ask me
    With what you are saying here I guess you did not buy one my friend

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    With what you are saying here I guess you did not buy one my friend
    You are right, i did not. The only Club Grayskull figure i own is Evil Lyn and i planned on Teela iīm still not sure if iīll buy her. Classics Adam has a gentle face variant and has the look i prefer. Plus iīm from Europe iīm not willing to pay almost three times as much for a figure and since itīs an exclusive itīs more expansive any way.

Plus i really think people are laughing at him and are using a word on him because they think itīs funny. But this word shouldīt be used like a joke anymore but i know thatīs the way they use it and it starts with a "g" and rhymes with stay.

You are right, i did not. The only Club Grayskull figure i own is Evil Lyn and i planned on Teela iīm still not sure if iīll buy her. Classics Adam has a gentle face variant and has the look i prefer. Plus iīm from Europe iīm not willing to pay almost three times as much for a figure and since itīs an exclusive itīs more expansive any way.

Plus i really think people are laughing at him and are using a word on him because they think itīs funny. But this word shouldīt be used like a joke anymore but i know thatīs the way they use it and it starts with a "g" and rhymes with stay.
    Hahaha I know what you mean.

Regarding Laughing prince Adam, I did buy one but years ago I did not buy baby skeletor for the reason you mentionned above : it is an insult.

Seriously I did not understand that joke, and as an hardcore Motu collector, 40 years old, I considered that like an insult and that did not make me laugh at all.

I am not a 3 years old kid, and for me that was like they poo on Skeletor's face to make him so ridiculous riding his restroom throne...

Hahaha I know what you mean.

Regarding Laughing prince Adam, I did buy one but years ago I did not buy baby skeletor for the reason you mentionned above : it is an insult.

Seriously I did not understand that joke, and as an hardcore Motu collector, 40 years old, I considered that like an insult and that did not make me laugh at all.

I am not a 3 years old kid, and for me that was like they poo on Skeletor's face to make him so ridiculous riding his restroom throne...

I don't see why anyone would be offended or insulted by Laughing adam. In No Way was Super7 making fun of anyone. It's based on the viral internet Meme that had gliiter and sparkles around Adam as he was singing the song. It's a Fun nod to that and Judging by the sales super7 got with this that they even took a Preorder and went back into production the figure was a smashing success.

I don't see why anyone would be offended or insulted by Laughing adam. In No Way was Super7 making fun of anyone. It's based on the viral internet Meme that had gliiter and sparkles around Adam as he was singing the song. It's a Fun nod to that and Judging by the sales super7 got with this that they even took a Preorder and went back into production the figure was a smashing success.
    I do not know why too, but I can understand, evryone is different.

But I did not like the baby skeletor at all.
    I can find molar and skeletor funny but not the restroom muppet

Totally Dyslexic
    I do not know why too, but I can understand, evryone is different.

But I did not like the baby skeletor at all.
    I can find molar and skeletor funny but not the restroom muppet
    Thatīs the point. We all feel different but passionate when it comes to MOTU/POP/NA.

Iīm not a silly person myself and i like the more serious approach but itīs important that you are able to laugh about yourself and donīt get bitter

Heroic Warrior
    So ... While I don't collect it because I think the Filmation style doesn't translate well into plastic, I don't have a problem with Club Grayskull. I also don't have a problem with the con exclusives being Club Grayskull. I'm a bit perplexed that we get two characters in CG that we didn't get in CC before, but I'm okay with it since I can still hope that they will come in CC, too.
    But then there is, for example, Dylamug. He looks like CG but he is CC. Meaning that there won't be a proper CC Dylamug. Same goes for Hawke, for example. I'm okay with her being based on Filmation Hawke, but I want to put her next to Classics Stratos without her looking like a doll compared to him. And again, a CH Hawke would be fine -but she should be in CG not in CC. The way they do it now, they don't just give Filmation fans more, they also take things away from everyone else.
    (Actually, from Filmation fans, too. As I said before, I like the Filmation style in animation. Just not in action figures.)
    Not that this problem is new. Remember Madam Razz? Well, she isn't that bad, but Broom is ...

I take the risk to explain:

On my side I receive this kind of creations as an insult, a part to me and another part to the Prince Adam concept itself.
    To take the exact word, the Youtube laughting video has a "gay" connotation, it is not a surprise for anyone to realize this fact.
    I have nothing personally against gay people but when I seen this video I personally did not laugh at all, simply because Prince Adam is not.

I feel insulted myself because today I keep all my child feelings concerning Motu, Prince Adam (He-Man...) was not gay and at my eyes the Motu universe did not revolve around sexuality at all, to me Motu was a serious world (with some funny characters as Orko, Razz etc) were good fought evil and there was no place for stupid sexuality jokes.
    Mattel 80's and their original creations are just not respected.
    + the Classics Laughing Adam's face is just horrible, I have no idea how it can be displayed in a collection among other figures.

I feel also insulted because today adult collectors can expect to have more interesting things than stupid parodic figures (at excessive prices) most of us are over 30/40 years old,
    the manufacturers should stop taking us for just stupid buyers.
    I can say exactly the same thing concerning the Baby Skeletor by Mattel or again these horrible 1/1 He-man masks shown recently by Mattel again with ugly design and multiple colors.
    Where is Gigantisaur? The rest of the 12" jumbo toyline? Why we don't have many more Classics (what is mainly asked)? Why we have to wait more than 2 years to get vintage He-Ro and Eldor? where are the vintage Giant and Laser reissues? where are the next book volumes from Power&Honor? etc etc

Sometimes I feel that many collectors are buying closed eyes anything that has a Motu logo in the packages, that's not my case because more we are buying everything without any complaints, more we'll get stupid toys and merchandising items (like most of the ones we got these last years...IMO again)
    Last edited by TOKYONEVER; September 22, 2018 at 05:28pm.