Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you suffering from Filmation fatigue?

I am also filmation fatigued. Gimme some masks of power demons!

Quote Originally Posted by suckator View Post
    I am also filmation fatigued. Gimme some masks of power demons!
    Be careful... you may get these two!

From the episode "Masks of Power."
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I wouldn't say I'm burnt out on Filmation because they do trigger a certain nostalgia that was never available to us as kids, but I'm resentful of the fact that through line-splitting, we now only get 4 CC figures a year instead of 8 as before. I'm eagerly awaiting unique characters we haven't had before and it's taking forever, mainly due to Filmation variant creep.

Filmation fatigue? That's a big Yes from me. I love Filmation characters, but I do not care for cartoony figures. Particularly not in the main Collector's Choice line. Filmation characters are always welcome with proper Classics detailing.

I also hope to see mostly new unreleased vintage style figures and less straight up Filmation releases. Bring on Goat man, Karg, Icer, Marlena, Lady Valtira, the 88 wave, and just about anything else that didn't have a vintage toy!
    "..."

No frikkiní way. BRING EM ON!!!

I don't know about Filmation Fatigue, per se, but I am still staying awayy from the CG/Toon Line. (I ordered a Teela because I think she's a great character and I might use her as my Queen Teela eventually) (She's in my Pile of Loot to ship when my BBTS Wave 2 order does.), and I also ordered the Sorceress because the first (Classics) release is not as beautiful as I think she should be. That said, the definitive versions of any character have been done in the actuall Classics line, as far as I'm concerned.

I still maintain that new characters from the Filmation cartoons should be introduced in Classics (CC), but with the aesthetic and details common to taht collection. I wish Dylamug and Granita were getting a bit more in that department, really. I hope the same for characters I'd still love to see, such as Melaktha, Montork (beard should look like actual hair, not the flat "fur" seen on CG loincloths), and more.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    I wouldn't say I'm burnt out on Filmation because they do trigger a certain nostalgia that was never available to us as kids, but I'm resentful of the fact that through line-splitting, we now only get 4 CC figures a year instead of 8 as before. I'm eagerly awaiting unique characters we haven't had before and it's taking forever, mainly due to Filmation variant creep.
    And, the other issue is that many of these unique characters like, Hawke and Granita, are basically Club Grayskull figures in different packages.

I'm sure a lot of people would love to get Dragoon, Negator, Anghast, Melaktha, etc.. BUT, with CC aesthetics, not pure Filmation styles.
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

No fatigue here, at all. I love both lines and want both to continue as Mattel originally intended. I am as equally excited for my CC Kayo, Tuvar, Baddhra, MOP Demons, Dragoon and Melaktha as I am for my CG Grizzlor, Mantenna, Leech, Ram Man and Prince Adam.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I don't know about Filmation Fatigue, per se, but I am still staying awayy from the CG/Toon Line. (I ordered a Teela because I think she's a great character and I might use her as my Queen Teela eventually) (She's in my Pile of Loot to ship when my BBTS Wave 2 order does.), and I also ordered the Sorceress because the first (Classics) release is not as beautiful as I think she should be. That said, the definitive versions of any character have been done in the actuall Classics line, as far as I'm concerned.

I still maintain that new characters from the Filmation cartoons should be introduced in Classics (CC), but with the aesthetic and details common to taht collection. I wish Dylamug and Granita were getting a bit more in that department, really. I hope the same for characters I'd still love to see, such as Melaktha, Montork (beard should look like actual hair, not the flat "fur" seen on CG loincloths), and more.
    I agree with everything you said. For me, Classics is the definitive version of any MOTU character that is released. I don't like the fact that some Filmation characters are being introduced into Collector's Choice with simplistic designs. I think those designs should be isolated to only Club Grayskull figures. I don't mind having a separate line, I just want Super & to keep the details of the two lines different and distinct. It would also be nice to get more 2000x characters. (I'd like DC Comics versions too, but I know that is a longshot. )

No fatigue here, but like some others have mentioned, I'm not personally interested in the 5.5" vintage-style filmation figures. 'Unmade' and 'new' is the appeal for me with that line.

I think Super7 may have to revisit filmation He-Man and Skeletor to assist in selling CG, drawing in new customers who may be turned off by the after-market prices for those two essential characters. My love of the filmation aesthetic in plastic really only extends to the more memorable characters. I am definitely not one who wants to see the filmationization of everything! It's funny, I can see an Adam and smooth Cringer (with articulation ?) coming, and I would welcome them, but for some reason, the idea of a simplified battle-cat is something I can't envision! I refuse to get my head around it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Be careful... you may get these two!

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20111027195347 https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20111027195523

From the episode "Masks of Power."

I would love a simplified battle cat. I was not a fan of the one Mattel did and sold it off.
    Those who can master the kairu can become all-powerful Redakai

I haven't been collecting the Classics scale Filmation series. They never hit the right note with me, so I'm not "fatigued". I am interested in the 5.75" Filmation figures - somehow that strikes me as a better form for Filmation-style figures to take. Plus they'll no doubt combine well with vintage vehicles and playsets.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    I would love a simplified battle cat. I was not a fan of the one Mattel did and sold it off.
    Despite my not being able to picture it, by all means bring it on! I doubt though I could like it more than Mattel's classics version. I love that thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Zodac View Post
    Despite my not being able to picture it, by all means bring it on! I doubt though I could like it more than Mattel's classics version. I love that thing!
    I thought it had useless articulation. He really could only stand there, just like the vintage one, lol. So there were ugly line breaks that weren't even necessary. Also, hated the wind blown fur on the legs. Lastly, he would not stay looking up. His head would always fall down. And again, I considered the neck articulation useless and a problem that didn't need to exist.
    Those who can master the kairu can become all-powerful Redakai

I say

GIMMEE GIMME MORE! GIMMEE MORE! GIMMEE GIMME MORE!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    I thought it had useless articulation. He really could only stand there, just like the vintage one, lol. So there were ugly line breaks that weren't even necessary. Also, hated the wind blown fur on the legs. Lastly, he would not stay looking up. His head would always fall down. And again, I considered the neck articulation useless and a problem that didn't need to exist.
    Bah! Go and get some of that pledge future floor finish and pour it down his throat, or at least his ankles. That will stiffen him up so he can hang loose! Chin up! Those clear elastic bands! That'll raise his gaze to the heavens! ... Oh...I forgot... you sold him. How could you?!?!

You've inspired me to take the armor off mine so I can admire his ugly line breaks!

I'm still awe at how Classics are done/being done and actually completed a set of my personal preferences. But the CG filmation style which pale in comparison in Classics detail wise has its own unique appeal to me that if i am starting now I might just go with the CG line.And to answer the question, I am not having any filmation fatigue, in fact I really love it. And since my Classics collection is complete, I am now in the hunt for CG. Of the current 11 figures, I have 3 now of my preferred 9 filmation version.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

As a kid, it bugged me that He-Manís armor had those red dots, because he didnít on the cartoon. Iíd use a nail clipper to cut off the hard guard on the power sword, because the carton didnít have it.

Filmation burned bright when I was little. My family moved from Minnesota to New York in 1984 I think...and I never saw the cartoon again. It just didnít air where we moved to. Never saw She-Ra. I returned to the other stuff I had, namely the picture books. That stuff had all sorts of awesome pre-Filmation art... so that became MOTU to me.

Flash forward to the late 80s and the USA cartoon express. They showed MOTU in the evenings... I watched it, but I felt some sort of weird proxy embarrassment over it. I didnít want my parents to see me watch it, especially when Orko was on the screen. He was for babies. (This is the mind of a 9-year-old here, cut me some slack).

I never regained interest in Filmation. I think that the Filmation line is awesome for those who like it, and I think the vintage style Filmation line is pretty awesome (youíre crazy if you think new characters would be more successful than the cartoon cast). I personally do not have interest in Filmation styled figures and I donít buy them. I get my knickers in a twist when Filmation style figures get ramrodded into Collectors Choice. Thereís a whole other line for that style. Iím sweating Dylamug and Granita... I hope they fit the line theyíre being sold in.

HECK NO!!!! These ARE the figures I've always wanted and I subbed for Classics since the start, but am now only subbing for Filmation, cherry picking VERY few of the Collector's Choice figures. I'll keep buying Filmation Classics for as long as they make them!
    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Apart from one or two Filmation-origin characters that have made their way into Classics figures (for instance: Shokoti, Huntara, etc), I have next to zero interest in Filmation as a source material, and am very skeptical and cherry-picking over Classic-ized Filmation-origin figures that come out.

I watched the show as a kid like many others of my generation, but even then it didn't really do anything for me. Sure, certain highlights resonate nostalgic to this day (the transformation sequence), but on the whole the show was just too loose and kiddy... which I thought even as a kid. In particular, I reject Orko outright -- and the whole of his species/world, Trolla(n). What a farce, in my opinion .. a blight upon the MOTU lore. Sincerely: no disrespect to those who like Orko and/or Filmation, by the way. Oh, and I really objected to the depiction of Skeletor and his evil warriors, even as a kid. I mean? Really? These idiots are supposed to be a challenge for the likes of He-Man? I don't think so. All that aside, as translates into action figures, I have next to zero interest apart from a few stand-out Classic-ized concepts/characters along the way. I have absolute zero interest in CG, and I resent its aesthetic creeping into CC.

So you could say I've had Filmation fatigue since the 80s.

*shrug*

edit: I suppose the partial exception goes to She-Ra's Filmation series, at least at the start. The early designs and depictions of the Horde were far more compelling, the backstory pitched far more dark and dramatic. I thought it was far cooler as a kid, and I still do. A "girl's" show or not, never mattered to me. (For instance, I laud Jem & the Holograms, for the most part). Of course, like He-Man, She-Ra went all corny and goofy and totally dropped the darker source material, so, meh.
    Last edited by The Timeless One; March 14, 2018 at 06:06pm.
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I am not tired of Filmation. I just wish they would keep the aethetic guideline more strict between CG and CC. Either way, there were a lot of He-Man fans that grew up in "fly-over" country that NEVER saw the Filmation cartoons as kids. I had 3 channels until I went to college in 1998. Unless you had a full on satellite dish the nearest cable was in a town 60 miles away. I grew up on Mini-comics, story books, and the magazine. When I finally saw the filmtion cartoon---when i bought a VHS tape from a flea market in 1994, I was amazed at how different it was. That being said, I am fine with the CG line...its making a lot of people really happy, so I can't see how it is a "bad" thing, even if its not my cup of tea.
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

I'm not fatigued, but I can't say I have an interest in the filmation line. But if people like it and buy it I'm not sure why I'd care. It's not like we're currently facing a choice to have cc or cg.

I do think that characters should appear in cc first and with more detail than a cg release would be. In my mind they should be able to release a cc and cg charcter at the same time and have them appear distinct from one another.not that they would, just could.

I'm not sure that's always achieved, but I like the figures anyhow.

The only fatigue I experienced was loose ankle fatigue, followed by reversed shoulder fatigue, and then bobble head fatigue.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

No but I am getting tired of the anti-Filmation propaganda.

It makes me wonder if people even listen to the words "collector's choice". To me that says that it can be anything. Any character from any era and in any style. It doesn't say it has to be in any particular style. I mean it's weird that people hate the Filmation lack of detail but never complain about characters like Gwildor who are overly detailed and also don't fit in with the average classics styled figure.

At any rate, the complaining gets old. Personally, I've been tired of classics characters I've never heard of for years. Is there a thread on that?