Thread: New usage of the bird mold/falcon figure!

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar

New usage of the bird mold/falcon figure!

The bird mold Mattel has used many times is getting used again!

There is a new DC Vixen figure that is getting released with a really cool transparent purple-blue bird! I might have to get that figure and sell off Vixen.

Am I missing any other birds?

1) Teela Zoar - orangey
    2) Screech - classic Screech
    3) Sorceress Zoar - classic/Filmation Zoar colors
    4) Star Sisters bird - pinky
    5) Beast Boy - green
    7) Wonder Twins - bald eagle colors
    8) Weapons Pak ToD Sorceress - white/gray
    Last edited by Grayskull Guardsman; July 21, 2018 at 12:23am.

Did we ever get a Zoar or Screech MOTUC that were full sized and scaled to the MOTUC figures similarly to how the originals were scaled to the original figures?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    Did we ever get a Zoar or Screech MOTUC that were full sized and scaled to the MOTUC figures similarly to how the originals were scaled to the original figures?

No, we just got them in the scale they should have been in in the first place. The only reason the vintage ones were so big compared to the figures is because Mattel just reused the molds for the eagle from the Big Jim line, which were 12" figures.
    Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    ... I might have to get that figure and sell off Vixen. ...
    I might do the same. I really love that mold!

Quote Originally Posted by DrPAYNE View Post
    No, we just got them in the scale they should have been in in the first place. The only reason the vintage ones were so big compared to the figures is because Mattel just reused the molds for the eagle from the Big Jim line, which were 12" figures.
    Actually the Original toy predated the Sorceress. Zoar was conceived as a massive warrior bird prior to Filmation.
    Danielsan52

HELP! The Devil's in my Car!!
    The B-52's

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Actually the Original toy predated the Sorceress. Zoar was conceived as a massive warrior bird prior to Filmation.
    Yep I can recall seeing Zoar in pre-FILMation media being depicted as large. Reuse or not, I preferred them that way. It seemed more fitting for a fantasy line to have fantasy sized animals.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Yes, they were less a falcon or eagle sized and more like a condor in sized compared to the figures. I wonder if they could just make a body and reuse the wings from Swiftwind somehow.

Last edited by manowar; July 21, 2018 at 03:31pm.

Yes, they were less a falcon or eagle sized and more like a condor in sized compared to the figures. I wonder if they could just make a body and reuse the wings from Swiftwind somehow.

My thoughts exactly. I wish we would have gotten a decent falcon mold for the birds in Classics!

As for TOD Sorceress, her falcon should have been translucent cyan!
    Danielsan52

HELP! The Devil's in my Car!!
    The B-52's

Yep... I’ll need to buy a Vixen. I still want to track down a WT eagle, too.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

However perfect scale for the Mega construx figs ( if you like the original toy scale )

Quote Originally Posted by DrPAYNE View Post
    Matter of opinion! I like the original size. I like the idea that they could swoop down and rescue a warrior. Pick one up and transport them. The smaller version is useless in a battle in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

If you compare swiftwinds wing to the original birds, the feather layout is exactly the same.

I could see them making a body with 2 sets of wings, the swift wind wings for flight, and a 2nd pair of folded closed wings to attach when sitting on a perch.