Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should He-Man and Skeletor be Reissued Frequently for New Collectors?

Quote Originally Posted by Amentep View Post
    This is just a random thought, perhaps Super7 would be willing down the line to perhaps set a special wave where previously released figures are given a pre-order limit to be made and seeing if the fans are actually interested in buying more?

Seems like that'd be one way to have a "kind of" evergreen product in a made to order system. I think the limitation would be what Super7 had the tooling for that there wouldn't be a new expense to make (ie anything made in Mattel's factories - Ultimate Skeletor, Teela, Faker, Ram Man and He-Man, the CG releases under Mattel - might not be able to be made without, essentially, recreating them at this point)
    I don't see why they couldn't go ahead and offer up a pre-order either yearly or whenever they put a new wave up for pre order to get He-Man and Skeletor at least. While they wouldn't be "evergreen" exactly there would be more encouragement to pick up new releases for newer customers if they know that the main figures in the line would come around again.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeofEternia View Post
    I don't see why they couldn't go ahead and offer up a pre-order either yearly or whenever they put a new wave up for pre order to get He-Man and Skeletor at least. While they wouldn't be "evergreen" exactly there would be more encouragement to pick up new releases for newer customers if they know that the main figures in the line would come around again.
    I think this would be a great route to go. Since it would be made to order, there wouldn't be a lot of extras lying around. In fact, I think they should do this with the top four heroes and top four villains. Call it MOTU essentials or something. I think that would go a long way towards keeping this line alive for awhile.

I will tone this down,last time this came up I had an infraction.

The darth Vader arguement does not fly. He is no where right now. The probe droid set is long gone from most stores. Darth Vader is also 1 billion times more known than heman.

Super7 storing reaction figures is nothing,they cost nothing to make next to classics and they take up a very tiny foot print.

I also don't want a redone figure taking the slot of a new one.

I don't think enough people would preorder,it would need to be needed.

That said. Yes a very simple filmation he man and skeletor would be great I retail. I doubt it will happen.

An expressions pack like D.C. Collectibles does for the animated batman figures would be a great idea. Offer a figure, several heads different armors much like the ultimate but bigger. But super7 needs to up their game. Any re issue of Mattel figures by super7 at this point would be inferior.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

I really thought Super7 would do a Filmation HM/Skellie 2-pack that comic shops could stock.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    I will tone this down,last time this came up I had an infraction.

The darth Vader arguement does not fly. He is no where right now. The probe droid set is long gone from most stores. Darth Vader is also 1 billion times more known than heman.

Super7 storing reaction figures is nothing,they cost nothing to make next to classics and they take up a very tiny foot print.

I also don't want a redone figure taking the slot of a new one.

I don't think enough people would preorder,it would need to be needed.

That said. Yes a very simple filmation he man and skeletor would be great I retail. I doubt it will happen.

An expressions pack like D.C. Collectibles does for the animated batman figures would be a great idea. Offer a figure, several heads different armors much like the ultimate but bigger. But super7 needs to up their game. Any re issue of Mattel figures by super7 at this point would be inferior.
    Even if Darth Vader isn't immediately available in the 3 3/4 scale, he just came out during Rogue One as a regular release. Also, even though the Probe Droid and Vader 2 pack isn't crowding shelves, it is a recent release. In the sense that Vader is frequently available, it applies. It is true that Darth Vader is much more popular than He-man. However, if someone is wanting to come into collector's choice or club grayskull, He-man and Skeletor are probably going to be the first figures they seek. And I would think that we do want new people coming into these lines if we want them to continue.

I really like the idea of releasing these figures with multiple expressions like the Batman animated figure. I think this would especially work with Filmation He-man and Skeletor.
    Last edited by zeiss; April 5, 2018 at 11:33pm.

Expressions packs would bring new and established customers that is the way to go. That is the only way D.C. Collectibles can go forward on the animated batman stuff.

With darth Vader, I can not find one in any store right now,the fact is Star Wars is a retail brick and mortar toy line. Motuc never was....outside of those toysrus sets that collected dust at one point. Super7 is just to small to take a chance on unsold stock of expensive figures that take a lot of space.

But I do believe some sort of idea could work. It just seems really unlikely that any store will take on $40 action figures of a 30 year old property that has no new media forth coming.

Fact is,we are running out the clock here. New fans isn't happening. Keeping what we can of the old ones is the only thing moving this brand forward. There are not thousands of untapped heman fans out there.

I hope someone can prove me wrong,and I would love to be. But I am a realist. This is the endgame. In my opinion. I just hope we get stridor and snake mountain....I don't expect them.

Quote Originally Posted by zeiss View Post
    However, if someone is wanting to come into collector's choice or club grayskull, He-man and Skeletor are probably going to be the first figures they seek. And I would think that we do want new people coming into these lines if we want them to continue.

I really like the idea of releasing these figures with multiple expressions like the Batman animated figure. I think this would especially work with Filmation He-man and Skeletor.
    Multiple expressions would be a great idea! Say, three heads each. He-man could have a faker head for instance, a concentrated or determined face, and a smiling one? Skeletor could have his head-thrown-back-mouth-open in laughter face, a standard general expression, and perhaps a bewildered comical questioning or defeated look? I don't know. But I love the idea! I keep thinking of a He-man two pack ( now featuring extra heads ) with a couple of filmation accessories thrown in too. Perfect chance to fix those He-Man boots too. With all the CG stuff coming, I really think it would be a wise thing to do, though I have the barest notion of the logistics which could make it a reality.
    Last edited by Zodac; April 7, 2018 at 02:48am.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodac View Post
    Multiple expressions would be a great idea! Say, three heads each. He-man could have a faker head for instance, a concentrated or determined face, and a smiling one? Skeletor could have his head-thrown-back-mouth-open in laughter face, a standard general expression, and perhaps a bewildered comical questioning or defeated look? I don't know. But I love the idea! I keep thinking of a He-man two pack ( now featuring extra heads ) with a couple of filmation accessories thrown in too. Perfect chance to fix those He-Man boots too. Will all the CG stuff coming, I really think it would be a wise thing to do, though I have the barest notion of the logistics which could make it a reality.
    I would love the ability to switch boots out. They have the cut there anyway. If super7 can perfect the swapping issues then this could be a huge item.

I remember the company Jun Planning released a Jack Skellington with.....I think....10 or 12 heads.....I have it in storage so I can't remember.....but the expressions were awesome and so fun to change out. This would be really fun for filmation.

Absolutely. Rerelease CG He-Man and Skeletor with new ankles. Maybe change a shade of paint. Do it as a pre order.
    Don't turn nothing down but your collar.

This is a wonderful idea. If we’re being told that the line is being led for the most part by sales and that CG is dominating, then surely He Man and Bone Head are no brainers. I paid $80 for my CG He Man, these days he’s going for twice that. It’s ridiculous.

Hollywood Warrior InspectorZartan's Avatar
    I know there are downsides to sitting on inventory but I always thought they should make those 2 figures available evergreen so that any new fan can kickstart their collection at any time. I know that comes with cost but I would expect it to be a cost that pays off by drawing in new customers, a certain percentage of who will become returning customers after making that first purchase. That was part of what I presumed Mattel was going to do when they introduced Club Grayskull wave 1–but how disappointing to see that CG He-Man and Skeletor were made in so low quantities that they sold out immediately. What a missed opportunity.
    TOP WANTS
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Malektha/Twiggets/RedKnight
    200X:Miro/Hawke/Illumina/BoneWarrior/ABCGiants
    NA:Nocturna/Sagitar/Kayo/Lizzor/Hoove/Vizar/
    Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    JETLAG:Sebrian/Andros/Drissi/Gleep/UR
    MISC:Delora/MOPDemons/LtAndre/EvilRobot/Damon
    BEASTS:Clawdeen/Storm/Bionotops/Mantisaur/
    TyrantisaurousRex/Moonbeam/Sundancer

I posted this same question in the Fan Q&A so hopefully it gets answered. I would love to have them reissued even with "The Original" added to the box. I still need Skeletor but I would definitely buy another He-Man as well. I just wonder since they are releasing the 5.5" figures that the price will drop on CG Skeletor and He-Man. Just in case they don't reissue them.
    Help me finish my MOTU Classics collection:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...gure-Want-List

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordak View Post
    I posted this same question in the Fan Q&A so hopefully it gets answered. I would love to have them reissued even with "The Original" added to the box. I still need Skeletor but I would definitely buy another He-Man as well. I just wonder since they are releasing the 5.5" figures that the price will drop on CG Skeletor and He-Man. Just in case they don't reissue them.

I doubt the price will drop for the CG figures once the 5.5 versions are released. If anything, I suspect the prices will increase as these vintage style figures would whet the appetite of new collectors, Who would then seek higher quality versions of these characters.

Quote Originally Posted by zeiss View Post
    I doubt the price will drop for the CG figures once the 5.5 versions are released. If anything, I suspect the prices will increase as these vintage style figures would whet the appetite of new collectors, Who would then seek higher quality versions of these characters.
    This.

That will just make the CG figures shoot through the roof.

We are early enough into CG to re issue figures and get new collectors,by that I mean the ones lost during the great dropping off period of 2012-2015. But,super7 has to get their quality at 100%. No one wants an inferior CG heman or skelly or anyone. They need to make those of us that have those already,NEED their versions.

I would honestly reissue all CG figures,once quality is assured,on smaller more basic cards and few accessories. That may work in retail and keep prices down and have a smaller footprint for storage.

I would also like to see these deluxe"expressions" sets for the core characters. That would be a great way to get teela out again as well. I can just see he man with 10 different heads all the smirks and different moods.

I'd love to see CG He-Man and Skeletor re-released. Not interested in starting the Filmation line if I have to pay $200 +, for each of those characters otherwise. I strongly feel that many other collectors would follow the line.

Correct me if I am wrong, not counting CG or Power-con (Which had a prince Adam) but didn't we just get a new CC (Yes it was under the Ultimate Banner) He-man Less than 5 figures / 1 CC Wave ago? Me Personally? I would Like more than 8 figures to be released before we start talking about re-releasing he-man once again... which we all know will happen. And I am pretty sure this same conversation will come up a year after hes shipped...

Im not trying to come off as a jerk, I just mean that in terms of figures released, He-man was re-released again 1 wave ago, for "newcomers" coming to this line, their entire purchase to fill out the line is going to have to be from secondary with the potential for 8 figures a year to add to their collection and for existing buyers that re-release of another he-man and skeletor might very well drop us from 8 figures a year to 6 (4 if they re-release in both CC and CG). I just don't see with super7's current production schedule of them trying to figure everything out, produce it, and ship it, as them being able to do this concurrently with the current 2 lines.

If they could that would be great. I just don't see it happening.
    Last edited by jackstatic; April 6, 2018 at 02:28pm.
    It always takes me 10 minutes to figure out how to edit this signature

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I wonder how many "new fans" there are or just old fans rebuying Filmation(I fall within the latter).

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Amentep View Post
    Wasn't it said here that Super7's license for CC/CG doesn't really include the ability to do a large retail deal (ie they couldn't really sell them retail outside of their own two store locations)?

I could have swore I read that somewhere here...
    You are correct. They are only allowed to do them as a direct to consumer line.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjjer View Post
    I wonder how many "new fans" there are or just old fans rebuying Filmation(I fall within the latter).
    Probably not a lot of new fans currently getting into the line, especially since these lines are not heavily marketed outside of he-man centric sites. However, there is probably an opportunity for new fans, especially with CG. A high profile SDCC exclusive (i.e., She-ra) released at the same time as the wave 3 announcement, a reissue of CG He-man and Skeletor, and a retail plan for the 5.5 figures could all help bring in new fans.

Even without brining in completely new fans, it would probably make a difference to bring in old fans that stopped collecting classics after the line was only left with C and D listers. The first wave of Mattel's CG kind of brought me back into the fold and Super 7's first wave has brought me in completely since I see how cool a filmation collection could be. And it also has reignited my interest in CC as I am reminded how cool many of these obscure characters are. So if Super 7 makes the right moves, the lives of these lines can be extended a bit.

Heroic Warrior
    He-Man and Skeletor should be evergreen figures.

Quote Originally Posted by DMaynor View Post
    He-Man and Skeletor should be evergreen figures.
    They were under Mattel and they sat there for almost two years before selling out. Mattel paid for storage of those figures. Super7 is a much Smaller company they can't afford to make any MOTUC's Or Club Grayskull figures evergreen.

It's so easy for fans to say this because it's not their company and they are not paying for the storage of said figures. We are at a point now where the figures are now made to order only.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Any excuse for the 4H to tackle that Filmation Power Sword once again! A bunch of complaints about that one.

I wouldn't make Filmation He-Man or Skeletor evergreen, but I wouldn't be opposed to coming out with a new version every few years. A new Filmation He-Man/Skeletor two-pack could come with different expressions (look at the BTAS expression packs for Batman, the Joker and Harley) or a better head in Skeletor's case. He-Man could use improved ankles. Maybe the two pack could come with different MAA inventions that He-Man pulled out of his belt.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Any excuse for the 4H to tackle that Filmation Power Sword once again! A bunch of complaints about that one.

I wouldn't make Filmation He-Man or Skeletor evergreen, but I wouldn't be opposed to coming out with a new version every few years. A new Filmation He-Man/Skeletor two-pack could come with different expressions (look at the BTAS expression packs for Batman, the Joker and Harley) or a better head in Skeletor's case. He-Man could use improved ankles. Maybe the two pack could come with different MAA inventions that He-Man pulled out of his belt.
    I think a reissue of Filmation He-Man & Filmation Skeletor would be great since they both would now get the new styled boots they should have had from the beginning
    Man At arms has the Skeletor boots and now the Powercon Spikor will have the new He-Man boots.

Honestly A reissue of these two as a SDCC Exclusive would be great. He-Man could come with a more accurate Filmation Power Sword and a new sword sheath on his back that's NOT glued in place that lets the sword fit fully into the sheeth. Skeletor a more accurate Filmation Havok Staff that's not so long.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

yeah, an expression pack would be so necessary and totally worth it, maybe skeletor is the one more interesting; it could be the smiling face from the opening theme or the "ugh" one when the xmas special dog is kissing him or maybe just another iconic one
    anyway just hope to see copies left on the mattel shop someday (how many produced of them?) because cant believe there's none of them anymore....
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    They were under Mattel and they sat there for almost two years before selling out. Mattel paid for storage of those figures. Super7 is a much Smaller company they can't afford to make any MOTUC's Or Club Grayskull figures evergreen.

It's so easy for fans to say this because it's not their company and they are not paying for the storage of said figures. We are at a point now where the figures are now made to order only.
    Do you know how many they originally ordered to keep in stock? Did they sale better than the newer figures? It's still not hard to evergreen the figure if they don't the room to stock them. If you order a set, give them the option of ordering a fifth figure (he-man or skeletor). Then it's made to order. Or let someone like BBTS order a bunch so they can sell them. There's several ways to do it.