Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should He-Man and Skeletor be Reissued Frequently for New Collectors?

During the next CC and CG pre-order phase, buyers could have the opportunity to add as many He-Man and Skelly figs to their pre-orders as they want. Maybe Filmation and Ultimate styles could be available. Then S7 could keep a few hundred extra to stock their online store.

It would be a nice incentive. I wouldn't be surprisd to see them re-release Filmation He-Man and Skeletor at some point.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2018!!!

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

Heroic Warrior Wonderbread He-Man's Avatar
    Sure fire way to market this is sell them a la the vintage He-Man/Battlecat and Skeletor/Panthor 2-packs. Whether it be MOTUC 2-packs or CG versions with filmation styled cats, I'd pick em up in a heartbeat. Also a great opportunity to reissue a flocked version of panthor.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by DMaynor View Post
    Do you know how many they originally ordered to keep in stock? Did they sale better than the newer figures?
    These are good questions. It is hard to question the success of having those available for so long and paying for storage without knowing the answers to these questions. Also, if they were available for a couple years, did they help to bring in new collectors? If so, then it was probably worth it. The last few years of classics was rather light on heavy hitters. If He-man and Skeletor helped to keep the line viable then the costs of having them be evergreen wasn't too high.

Heroic Warrior
    If (when) we get Filmation Faker thats a He Man reissue unless S7 just gives us just the glowing eyes sculpt. If the normal head is included I imagine many of us will buy doubles of it.

I think with what these toys cost us, making them evergreen is not feasible or practical. Having a warehouse full of toys that cost over 30$ that someone MIGHT buy isn't going to happen anymore. Would it be neat? Sure but no way, If Mattel cant/wont do it S7 wont. I'm ok with that.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Heroic Warrior
    I think before super 7 even considers this, they need to improve their quality a lot! If new collecters get the same quality control issues that happened with wave 1, it will discourage them, just how i am now discouraged to get any new CC and CG waves from super 7.

Surely once Prince Adam has been made, most of the tooling would be there for He-Man? Wouldn't it just be the harness left to tool?
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

https://super7.com/collections/m-o-t-u/reaction-figures

You guys aren't talking about these are ya?

EDIT: Kidding of course, I know they also have the classics, but it would be great to play out some scenes I have dreamed about with this one.
    https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...nDetails/15900
    Last edited by Jaspercoyle; April 10, 2018 at 07:47pm.