Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your wave #3 predictions post-Power-Con 2018 reveals?

What are your wave #3 predictions post-Power-Con 2018 reveals?

I'm sure that each of us have watched closely as the Power-Con exclusives for 2018 have been revealed.

I for one am very happy with the character selections, but, with such an eclectic fan base, I'm sure that many have alternative views.

As these discussions bubble away in other threads, I thought it would be interesting to see how these latest reveals have influenced your predictions for the four figures of CC and the four figures of CG when Super7 reveals wave #3 in the (hopefully) near future?

I know my predictions have definitely changed, since the reveal of our first "Straight-to-CG" figures Montork and Dree-Elle. Not only because I had them nestled firmly in my CC predictions, but also because we now have to consider that some of the original Filmation characters will debut in CG, although I genuinely don't believe that this will be every Filmation character's destiny. I'd hazard a guess that this "rite of passage" is reserved for the more caricatured/cartoon-like characters such as the Trollans (as we've seen), the Twiggets, and the Widgets amongst others. But hey, I could be wrong.

Also, with Spikor's appearance as a Con exclusive, it may suggest that the CG wave releases will most likely be the more "usual suspects" in order to support larger sales, and therefore the longevity of both CC and CGs continuation. Something I'm sure we can all support.

So, kicking things off, my wave #3 predictions are:

NB. My "Predictions" list doesn't necessarily represent my "Most Wanted" list.

CC
    • King Miro
    • Hunga the Harpy
    • Slamurai
    • Scrollos

CG
    • She-ra
    • Prince Adam
    • Stratos
    • Mantenna

The above lists are subject to change, naturally!
    Last edited by Stagnataur; March 31, 2018 at 08:56am.

CC
    Hunga
    Lady Slither
    Lizorr
    200x Miro

CG
    Prince Adam
    She-Ra
    Fisto
    Roboto (or Stratos)

Quote Originally Posted by Stagnataur View Post
    I'm sure that each of us have watched closely as the Power-Con exclusives for 2018 have been revealed.

I for one am very happy with the character selections, but, with such an eclectic fan base, I'm sure that many have alternative views.

As these discussions bubble away in other threads, I thought it would be interesting to see how these latest reveals have influenced your predictions for the four figures of CC and the four figures of CG when Super7 reveals wave #3 in the (hopefully) near future?

I know my predictions have definitely changed, since the reveal of our first "Straight-to-CG" figures Montork and Dree-Elle. Not only because I had them nestled firmly in my CC predictions, but also because we now have to consider that some of the original Filmation characters will debut in CG, although I genuinely don't believe that this will be every Filmation character's destiny. I'd hazard a guess that this "rite of passage" is reserved for the more caricatured/cartoon-like characters such as the Trollans (as we've seen), the Twiggets, and the Widgets amongst others. But hey, I could be wrong.

Also, with Spikor's appearance as a Con exclusive, it may suggest that the CG wave releases will most likely be the more "usual suspects" in order to support larger sales, and therefore the longevity of both CC and CGs continuation. Something I'm sure we can all support.

So, kicking things off, my wave #3 predictions are:

CC
    • King Miro
    • Hunga the Harpy
    • Slamurai
    • Scrollos

CG
    • She-ra
    • Prince Adam
    • Stratos
    • Mantenna

The above lists are subject to change, naturally!
    I would swap out Mantenna for Grizzlor simply because Mantenna will require a lot of brand new tooling. (new crotch piece designed for four legs. two sets of new legs, new torso, new arms, hands,Head etc.)
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I would swap out Mantenna for Grizzlor simply because Mantenna will require a lot of brand new tooling. (new crotch piece designed for four legs. two sets of new legs, new torso, new arms, hands,Head etc.)
    I considered that too, but as Super7 seemed to overcome this factor when they revealed Dylamug and Granita, I thought it may be the same for at least, one of the eight figures (two if we include Hunga in the same bracket). That said, you could be right.

I'm just in for CG:

Ram-man
    Stratos
    Leech
    Catra or Webstor

...would be awesome. Start fleshing out He-man's main crew and give Hordak some more friends to stand with. I really want Filmation Buzz Off and Mekaneck too but they can come in wave 4 for me....with the other of Webstor/Catra and Mantenna.
    Last edited by TigerBlade; March 31, 2018 at 09:45am.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagnataur View Post
    I considered that too, but as Super7 seemed to overcome this factor when they revealed Dylamug and Granita, I thought it may be the same for at least, one of the eight figures (two if we include Hunga in the same bracket). That said, you could be right.
    I'm not saying that they wouldn't do it with Mantenna, but It gets expensive with more than one unique new tooled sculpt in a wave. Say for CC it's Hunga, Then CG Mantenna. that's a lot of tooling cost for Super7. They might want to spread out the tooling cost per year.
    Last edited by mjw41; March 31, 2018 at 09:44am.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by TigerBlade View Post
    I'm just in for CG:

Ram-man
    Stratos
    Leech
    Catra or Webstor

...would be awesome. Start fleshing out He-man's main crew and give Hordak some friends to stand with.
    I agree on the Heroic warriors front and also a Hordesman/woman now that we have Hordak, but I'm pretty sure the Great Rebellion will be represented this time around too. I would be very surprised to see another Evil warrior after the villain-heavy Power-Con reveals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I'm not saying that they wouldn't do it with Mantenna, but It gets expensive with more than one unique new tooled sculpt in a wave. Say for CC it's Hunga, Then CG Mantenna. that's a lot of tooling cost for Super7. They might want to spread out the tooling cost per year.
    Faultless reasoning there, and I don't disagree. I just have a feeling in my waters on Mantenna, and I'm sure we'll be seeing Hunga too.

One thing I am certain of - I have been pleasantly surprised by each wave reveal since Super7 took over (something I felt Matty lost in the last few years as the selections all became a little predictable), and I have no doubt they'll do the same again.

Biggest shocks of the previous waves for me? Nobody expected Karg to pop-up due to ownership issues! Wrap Trap, Dylamug and Granita brought a lot of Etherian lovin' in the same wave! Quakke and Fangor in Super7's debut wave (I didn't see that coming)? And don't even get me started on Tongue Lashor and Chopper's appearances - who would have guessed?

All fantastic surprises for me, personally. Fault Super7's recent QC issues all you want, but I would find it very hard to criticise their character selections up to now! Although I'm sure there are many who would disagree.
    Last edited by Stagnataur; March 31, 2018 at 10:29am.

MOTUC:

Lizorr
    King Miro
    Hunga the Harpy
    Son of Skeletor

HM&TMOTU:

Shadow Weaver w/ Styrax
    Buzz-Off
    Ram Man
    Grizzlor
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

CC:
    Hunga, Kayo, Miro, Lady Slither

CG:
    Stratos, Fisto, Webstor, Leech
    Biggest MOTUC wants - Hunga the Harpy! Dree-Elle & Yukkers, Colonel Blast, Evil Robot, the Twiggets and Admiral Scurvy! Very disappointed the Thundercats line was cancelled!

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    MOTUC:

Lizorr
    King Miro
    Hunga the Harpy
    Son of Skeletor

HM&TMOTU:

Shadow Weaver w/ Styrax
    Buzz-Off
    Ram Man
    Grizzlor
    That would be awesome!!!!
    Yet, I expect something along those lines:

Collectors Choice:
    Lady Slither
    Kayo
    King Miro
    Great Black Wizard

Club Grayskull
    Stratos
    Zodac
    She-ra
    Mantenna

BTW do we have any idea of the new reveals date?
    10 Most needed items for MOTUC...

Heroic: King Miro / Prince Dakon
    Evil: Skeleteen
    POP: King Micah / Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Hunga the Harpy
    POG: Oracle
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Sebrian / Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post

BTW do we have any idea of the new reveals date?
    None yet. But we knew it would be after the Power-Con reveals. It could even be after the pre-order for Power-Con ends, which I believe is May 13th.

Totally Dyslexic
    I´m not interested in the CLUB GRAYSKULL line. So what ever character they are putting in that line i most likely will not buy anyway.

Lady Slither
    Zilora
    Lizorr
    Drissi

and first oversized figure from SUPER 7:
    SAGITAR
    Last edited by Niki; March 31, 2018 at 12:55pm. Reason: Clarification why i only chose one set of characters.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

CC
    Lady Slither
    King Miro (MYP)
    Kittrina
    Lizzor

Club Grayskull
    Fisto
    Stratos
    Mantenna
    Whiplash
    MYP SKELETOR , Kay-la, ABC GIANTS, MYP Evil-lyn, MYP Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Queen Andreeno ,MYP King Randor, MYP or Dc Tri-Klops, MYP Squeeeze, General Rattlor, MYP Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    Club Grayskull:

Ram Man
    Mantenna
    Shadow Weaver
    Grizzlor

Ram Man is a really different character in Filmation and would make a great complement with Filmation He-Man Man-At-Arms and Teela.
    I would love to have Stratos Buzz Off Fisto and Mekaneck but I can wait!
    Last edited by EmaHalJordan; March 31, 2018 at 01:23pm.

Idk what will come next, but I am.most wanting Lizorr and King Miro in CC, and Stratos and Ram Man in the CG line.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Heroic Warrior
    CG

Fisto
    Ram man
    Whiplash
    Grizzlor

please release accurate Filmation of-- Fisto, roboto, kobra khan, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, , moss man, icer , buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, mekaneck, stratos ram man, frosta, bow, shadow weaver, catra, catra frosta, panther form ,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Collector’s Choice
    Hunga
    Lizorr
    King Miro
    Kittrina

Club Grayskull
    Fisto
    She-Ra
    Whiplash
    Count Marzo

SDCC
    Masks of Power Demons
    Zodac and his Cosmic Chair
    Chef Allen (10th Anniversary)

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Am I the only one that would love a Filmation CG Kobra Khan? I always loved his head design better in the cartoon... the open mouth version of the toy was goofy to me. He would have to come with two heads again. Unhooded and hooded...

What I want next:

CG
    Kobra Khan
    Fisto
    She-Ra
    Moss Man (flocked)

CC
    Kittrina
    King Miro (MYP)
    Slamurai
    Queen Andreeno

I think we'll continue to see a trend where a character can double for 2 people.

CC
    Lady Slither
    King Miro (MYP)
    Spinwit
    General Tataran

CG
    Stratos
    Count Marzo
    Grizzlor
    Faker (With He-Man head)
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Lizorr, T-Rex, Great Black Wizard, rest of New Adventures, Lodar, MOP Demons, Dream Mistress.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Ileena, Granita, Teela, Hordak head, Dylamug, Twiggets, Trollans, Widgets, Dark Dream, Lady Valtira, Count Marzo, Chimera.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

CG:
    Fisto
    Mossman(sculpted fur/moss)
    Grizzlor
    Modulok

CC:
    Kittrina
    Staghorn
    Garn(minicomic)
    General Tataran

Exclusive/oversized: Dragoon
    Welcome to my Shapeways shop (Filmation inspired heads and accessories)
    http://www.shapeways.com/shops/eternalcustoms
    My facebook page:
    https://m.facebook.com/eternalcustoms
    Most Wanted MOTUC: Melaktha, Kittrina, King Helios, Colossor, Zilora, Dragoon

I think the Power Con exclusives were part of wave 3.
    Don't turn nothing down but your collar.

For the next wave I hope Super 7 will add one character from a different era/media in CC:

1) Kayo (NA)
    2) Hunga (Filmation)
    3) Lady Slither (motuc mini-comic)
    4) Miro (200x)

For CG:
    1) Prince Adam
    2) Fisto
    3) Whiplash
    4) Ram Man
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O! Catch my pics on Instagram: countjudas FOR 2018: Kayo, Lizorr, Sagitar, Negator, Hunga the Harpy, Kol Darr, Catra cat form, Leo Faker, Anti Eternia MAA and Orko, Melog, Filmation Ram Man

My guesses are

CC:

King Miro (200x design)
    Hunga
    Vypor
    Mask of Power Demon Red

CG:

Stratos
    Grizzlor
    Rattlor
    Webstor
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Collector's Choice:

200X Sorceress
    Sagitar
    Lady Slither
    Hunga The Harpy

Club Grayskull:

Count Marzo
    Ram Man
    Moss Man
    Stratos

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Cc:
    Lady Slither
    Spinwit
    Hunga The Harpy
    Scrollos

Cg
    She-Ra
    Stratos
    Webstor
    Grizzlor
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.