Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Answers to Fan Q&A 3.6

Answers to Fan Q&A 3.6

Super7 has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out their answers to your Round 6 questions!

This round of questions were selected by mjw41.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!

1. King Tamusk: In an interview with Pixel Dan at SDCC 2017, Brian Flynn said that he obtained some tooled factory templates for toy pieces that were never used but intended for the 80s MOTU line. When will these be revealed to fans?

Yes, we do have some samples and test parts from the 80s line that were ultimately not developed. We are working on the cartoon accurate vintage style line now, and will be introducing these pieces at some point when that line is established. We don't have a time-frame to announce just yet, but please stay tuned!

2. jzachery: Will there be a MOTUC Collector's Choice or Club Grayskull SDCC exclusive this year?

We can't let the cat out of the bag just yet, but look for an announcement as we get closer to SDCC!

3. Niki: In Supercast episode 9, Brian Flynn said the production on Wave 3 isn't far enough along to reveal samples. So since you will wait to show them, would you tell us the names of what characters we can expect?

We are going to hold off on an announcement at present, the idea being for us to be closer to delivering your Wave 2 figures (as well as being further along on Wave 3) before we start talking about future items. But we're very glad that you're excited, and we'll have a reveal to announce in the next couple months!

4. marndt8448: The Wave 1 female figures turned out to be shorter than the prototypes. Was this an intentional decision, or was this an accidental byproduct of something that occurred during production that will be corrected for future female figures?

Typically in making molds from prototype there is a slight shrinkage in the process. The figures are slightly shorter than the original because of this. Additionally, because the resin prototypes shown are very fragile and moved around during travel and set-up, they often break and have to be repaired on site, resulting in the figure shown being not exactly the true proportions.

5. mjw41: There has been a heavier-than-usual number of reports of QC issues with the Wave 1 figures including things like worker fingerprints in paint apps, loose joints, joints that are stuck in place, heads that break off at the neck peg, two of the same appendages instead of opposing appendages (eg: two left feet), etc. Is Super7 going to address these issues with the factory so they are drastically reduced or even eliminated for Wave 2 and beyond?

Yes, we are addressing all the customer service and QC issues that come to us, and we will of course work with the production team to ensure such issues are corrected.

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 7!
    Click here for a master list of all previous Q&A sessions with Super7.
    Click here for a master list of all previous Q&A sessions with Mattycollector.
    And, have fun discussing Super7's answers to your questions!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Heroic Warrior
    Oh wow disappointing about not getting wave three reveals anytime soon due to all the complaining on wave 1

please release accurate Filmation of-- Fisto, roboto, kobra khan, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, , moss man, icer , buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, mekaneck, stratos ram man, frosta, bow, shadow weaver, catra, catra frosta, panther form ,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Well that's some good news about the SDCC exclusive. Hopefully 2 packs and oversized/beasts are back on the table.
    Vintage New Adventures deserves to be finished!
    MOTUC Top Ten Super 7 wants: KAYO, Hoove, Drissi, Crystoll, Chef Allen, any Catra variant, Nocturna, Red Knight, Clawdeen (flocked), Spinwit
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon, Skystalker, Shecky

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordaiquiri View Post
    Well that's some good news about the SDCC exclusive. Hopefully 2 packs and oversized/beasts are back on the table.
    Are S7 sdcc exclusives easy to obtain? Non attendees can order them much like power con?

Maybe clue as to it with cat out of the bag. Maybe prince Adam with cringer. Or catra with panther form for CG
    Last edited by degra; April 2, 2018 at 09:03pm.

please release accurate Filmation of-- Fisto, roboto, kobra khan, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, , moss man, icer , buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, mekaneck, stratos ram man, frosta, bow, shadow weaver, catra, catra frosta, panther form ,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Halfway between Trolla and Eorzea (Salem, MA)
    Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Maybe clue as to it with cat out of the bag. Maybe prince Adam with cringer. Or catra with panther form for CG
    Or CC Kittrina. Hey, "the rules" have already been bent, sooooo...
    <--- CRAZY OLD TROLLAN LADY

Heroic Warrior

Answers to Fan Q&amp;A 3.6

I don’t understand the answer to the female figures being shorter. I can follow the logic but aren’t the male characters TALLER than the rest of the line?

Shades of classic Mattel Q&A's with all the vague answers!

I can always hope for a Tuvar & Badrah and Two Bad 3 figure SDCC set. Now that would be classic!!!

The answer about the females doesn’t seem to make too much sense. Why do only the female figures shrink during production but the males don’t?
    Awesome sticker included!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Well, the questions weren't exactly inspired either. I think we need to steer people away from questions that can be answered with yes or no.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Oh wow disappointing about not getting wave three reveals anytime soon due to all the complaining on wave 1
    Maybe they decided to invoke Skeletor's Love Child, getting for all answer her well-known advice: "Transparancy"!
    NEW EP "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Flee The Moon" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT8qrmaFmq0

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    It's almost as if it's inherent to the toy business, and it doesn't matter which company is running the line.

What do people expect?

"When are the wave 3 reveals coming?"

"Oh,we weren't planning on doing those for a few months yet, but since you asked so nicely, here they are!"

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    4. marndt8448: The Wave 1 female figures turned out to be shorter than the prototypes. Was this an intentional decision, or was this an accidental byproduct of something that occurred during production that will be corrected for future female figures?

Typically in making molds from prototype there is a slight shrinkage in the process. The figures are slightly shorter than the original because of this. Additionally, because the resin prototypes shown are very fragile and moved around during travel and set-up, they often break and have to be repaired on site, resulting in the figure shown being not exactly the true proportions.

)
    So only Teela and Hawke shrunk?

These PR-type answers are frustrating.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    I don’t understand the answer to the female figures being shorter. I can follow the logic but aren’t the male characters TALLER than the rest of the line?
    Yes, exactly. I'm glad so many others in this thread caught that.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Totally Dyslexic
    Most of male figures are. Trap Jaw seems to be the same height as the MOTUC figures.

But SUPER 7 just explained that the prototype were ruined and fixed and therefore the figures shrunk. But they didnīt answer if that change of size will effect future figures like the Sorceress, Granita and every other female character.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfHeMan View Post
    It's almost as if it's inherent to the toy business, and it doesn't matter which company is running the line.

What do people expect?

"When are the wave 3 reveals coming?"

"Oh,we weren't planning on doing those for a few months yet, but since you asked so nicely, here they are!"
    I asked that question and iīm happy my question was chosen. The only thing i expected was an answer. Sure i was hoping we get a list but now we know we will have to wait months before we get some new reveals.

Even if i donīt like that answer at least now we know and are not kept in the dark.
    Last edited by Niki; April 3, 2018 at 12:37pm. Reason: typos and i forgot to clarify a little detail.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

No no no to sdcc exclusive unless we non attendees can order. I'm a completest. When you say sdcc exclusive, might as well say marked up ebay price.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Mattel didn't want to spill the beans and S7 doesn't want to let the cat out the bag. We need a new "keep reading the bios!" as well.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    So only Teela and Hawke shrunk?

These PR-type answers are frustrating.
    What's there to be frustrated about? It's a pretty clear answer to me. The Four Horsemen sculpted them at regular size, but something got messed up in the process of actually making them into a toy, either the mold was made too small and/or the the inherent shrinkage of the plastic wasn't factored in and they came out smaller, or the resin prototypes broke in transport and the factory just winged it, and it wasn't caught. They person answering the question doesn't know the exact reason, likely Super 7 hasn't investigated it and they might not be aware. The person answering the question is postulating as to why. Seems pretty clear to me.

What's there to be frustrated about? It's a pretty clear answer to me. The Four Horsemen sculpted them at regular size, but something got messed up in the process of actually making them into a toy, either the mold was made too small and/or the the inherent shrinkage of the plastic wasn't factored in and they came out smaller, or the resin prototypes broke in transport and the factory just winged it, and it wasn't caught. They person answering the question doesn't know the exact reason, likely Super 7 hasn't investigated it and they might not be aware. The person answering the question is postulating as to why. Seems pretty clear to me.
    First, the shrinkage for the female figures isn't slight. It's considerable. It's so considerable, that I doubt it's accidental shrinkage. Also this "process shrinking" only seems to have happened to Super7 figures. Did Mattel's female figures ever shrink this much relative to the prototype? The second part of the answer is even more absurd. How could the resin prototype breaking during transport explain why Super7, and only Super7, female, and only female, figures ended up considerably shorter than their male counterparts and all the figures that came before them?

Saying "molds shrink during the process" is either nonsense or misleading. It may or may not be true, but it's clearly not what happened here.

So it's a frustrating answer.
    Last edited by jscott991; April 3, 2018 at 05:21pm.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

All there is to understand is that they either don't know what they are talking about when it comes to the issue of the figures being too small, or they are trying to pass off a mistake as a usual production issue that action figures go through.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    The answer about the females doesn’t seem to make too much sense. Why do only the female figures shrink during production but the males don’t?
    According to their answer, there was a problem with prototypes, and it was resolved. Clearly the prototypes were too tall, and they "fixed" it.

Something was messed up in the process of them being made into a toy? How about almost everything. Let's see. There were the sculpted prototypes that the 4 horsemen did... And then everything that came next was messed up. I suppose most of the paint apps were clean. No derp eyes. That went well. Everything else fits the description of "messed up".

Sounds like good news about Comic Con!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I don't think it's because of complaining. I think they want to avoid all the noise and static that comes from revealing the figures early. I think Super 7 wants more creative control over production of the figures and professional choices.

First, the shrinkage for the female figures isn't slight. It's considerable. It's so considerable, that I doubt it's accidental shrinkage. Also this "process shrinking" only seems to have happened to Super7 figures. Did Mattel's female figures ever shrink this much relative to the prototype? The second part of the answer is even more absurd. How could the resin prototype breaking during transport explain why Super7, and only Super7, female, and only female, figures ended up considerably shorter than their male counterparts and all the figures that came before them?

Saying "molds shrink during the process" is either nonsense or misleading. It may or may not be true, but it's clearly not what happened here.

So it's a frustrating answer.
    Plastic shrinks when you take it out of the mold, this is a fact. When they make a mold, they have to make it slightly larger to compensate. This is well known, surprised you've never heard it before.

The female figures ended up shorter because the factory screwed up, and Super 7 didn't catch it, it's as simple as that. The exact reasons are not clear, but they are admitting that it wasn't intentional for them to be shorter.

The female figures ended up shorter because the factory screwed up, and Super 7 didn't catch it, it's as simple as that. The exact reasons are not clear, but they are admitting that it wasn't intentional for them to be shorter.
    They didn't admit that all. They didn't say a single thing in your answer in their answer.

Had they said that, the answer would have made sense.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

They didn't admit that all. They didn't say a single thing in your answer in their answer.

Had they said that, the answer would have made sense.
    This is why my newest Question expands on their answer and I go deeper asking for reassurance this won't happen to Sorceress & Granita and I even asked they stop using the legs with sculpted butt cheeks but start using leg swivel like the males have. I even stated Mattel never had the female figures shorter than their 4Horsement Prototype and their females had leg swivel
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    This is why my newest Question expands on their answer and I go deeper asking for reassurance this won't happen to Sorceress & Granita and I even asked they stop using the legs with sculpted butt cheeks but start using leg swivel like the males have. I even stated Mattel never had the female figures shorter than their 4Horsement Prototype and their females had leg swivel
    Yes, I like your 3.7 question.

We still don't know what their intent was and whether all females will be that size going forward.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko