Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Injustice VS. The Master of The Universe comic book discussion

Injustice VS. The Master of The Universe comic book discussion

Updated November 22, 2018:

SyfyWire has posted a five page preview of Injustice VS The Master of The Universe issue 5 from DC Comics, available on Wednesday, November 28th.

Click here to learn more on SyFy.com

--------------------
    Updated June 27, 2018:

Injustice VS the Masters of the Universe #3 coming in August
    written by TIM SEELEY
    art and cover by FREDDIE E. WILLIAMS II
    Batman recruited He-Man to join the battle against Superman's dictatorship, so why is Prince Adam battling him in the Oracle's lair? Has Skeletor's influence helped Superman breach new territory? Things seem dire on Earth, but Eternia is also facing a major threat -- from Darkseid!
    ON SALE 09.19.18
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | 3 of 6 | RATED T

--------------------
    Updated May 22, 2018:

Injustice VS the Masters of the Universe #2 coming in August
    written by TIM SEELEY
    He-Man has come to his mother's home-world to save it from a despotic ruler: Superman! As Batman plans an invasion of the Oracle to stop their suicide squads from terrorizing the populace, He-Man wanders an Earth city (in disguise) hoping to understand more of the difficulty they'll face. Meanwhile, back on Eternia, Zatanna and Swamp Thing are horrified to discover that someone else from their universe has crossed over!
    ON SALE 08.15.18
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | 2 of 6 | RATED T

--------------------
    More MOTU from Freddie Williams II!!!

freddieart: Cats outta the bag, here's my new project with @timseeley - Injustice VS. He-Man and The Master of The Universe. A 6 issues mini series that hits shelves in July. #Heman #MOTU #Injustice #Superman #Batman #HarleyQuinn #DCComics #Mattel

Heroic Warrior
    Yes finaly!!!!! He-Man comics are back!!! He-Man is back to the DC Multiverse!!!!

Tim Seeley is the best choice for writing the Masters of the Universe!!!! He is a great MOTU fan!!! Also Freddie E Williams is returning to do the art!!!! Hopefully the crossover with Injustice could open the way to have the MOTU characters in the Injustice video game! He-Man vs Evil Superman!!! Prepare yourselves!!

Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    Yes finaly!!!!! He-Man comics are back!!! He-Man is back to the DC Multiverse!!!!

Tim Seeley is the best choice for writing the Masters of the Universe!!!! He is a great MOTU fan!!! Also Freddie E Williams is returning to do the art!!!! Hopefully the crossover with Injustice could open the way to have the MOTU characters in the Injustice video game! He-Man vs Evil Superman!!! Prepare yourselves!!
    I would imagine that's the plan. Why do a video game crossover if you aren't planning on putting at least some of the mOTU characters into the game.

This is ok I guess. It's nice to have *something* He-Man in comic book form, but I'd rather the stand-alone series start up again vs all of these team ups with other properties.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Stratos, 4) Prince Adam, 5) Leech, 6) Kobra Khan, 7) Moss Man, 8) Shadow Weaver, 9) Bow, 10) Buzz Off

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    This is ok I guess. It's nice to have *something* He-Man in comic book form, but I'd rather the stand-alone series start up again vs all of these team ups with other properties.
    I'd love to see that too, but I think for the "bigger picture", crossovers that will draw in a way larger audience is MUCH better for the franchise at this point.

Heroic Warrior
    This is the announcement from the DC's site:

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/0...l-in-injustice

Six-Issue Miniseries Brings Together Characters from the Popular Digital First Comic with the Fantastic Heroes and Villains from the Classic Mattel Toy Line

DC Entertainment and Mattel are joining forces to bring fans of the INJUSTICE Digital First comics and anyone who’s ever screamed “I Have the Power!” at the top of their lungs—an epic quest for the fate of a world in INJUSTICE VS. HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE.

This six-issue miniseries will be written by Tim Seeley, who’s no stranger to writing high-octane adventure stories at DC as the writer for DC titles such as GRAYSON, NIGHTWING and GREEN LANTERNS. Seeley teams up with fan-favorite artist Freddie E. Williams II, himself no stranger to the action and dangers of Eternia, having provided the art for 2016’s HE-MAN/THUNDERCATS miniseries. Williams’ distinctive art style has also thrilled fans on other crossovers like the smash-hit BATMAN/TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES in 2015 and its follow-up sequel in 2017.

Believing He-Man and the Masters of the Universe defeated, a robotic impostor has seized control of Eternia—but not for long! After freeing his kingdom from this strongman’s rule, He-Man learns not everyone is pleased to see the pretender deposed—but Adam knows the value of freedom. When heroes from another dimension ask his aid in deposing a superhero turned dictator, he agrees. Teaming up with Batman against the Superman of the Injustice Universe, He-Man and his new allies face dangerous and familiar enemies in a battle where no world is safe! "

FAKER CONFIRMED!!!

Also Tim Seeley has more additional info on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/HackinTimSeeley/...22705781346304

And a picture of Lt. Andra. Hmmm. Could she be in the crossover???

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I'd love to see that too, but I think for the "bigger picture", crossovers that will draw in a way larger audience is MUCH better for the franchise at this point.
    If that's the case and the MOTU characters appear in the Injustice video game, this will be an important advertisement for the franchise!
    Last edited by granamyr80; April 16, 2018 at 03:09pm.

OK I've never heard of Injustice, can someone school me please?
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Injustice is DC fighting game franchise from the creators of legendary Mortal Kombat series ( Netherrealm studios ). Injustice 2 is amazing and recently they added Ninja Turtles to the roster. Sadly, they are the last announced DLC fighters for the game, because studio is working hard on another project that will probably be Mortal Kombat 11. I'd be amazing if they'd announce Skeletor or He-Man as exclusive DLC fighter now that this crossover was announced

But wait....BATMAN can beat anybody. He wouldn't need HE-MAN's help. Lol!

Seriously though, it's good to see more MOTU comics. I agree that a stand-alone MOTU series would be more enjoyable, but I understand the appeal of this crossover.

The art and the old school look for the MOTU characters will always draw me in.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; April 16, 2018 at 03:55pm.
    Odd Man Out

Last Defender of Trolla Wandering Star's Avatar
    Halfway between Trolla and Eorzea (Salem, MA)
    Surprised I haven't gotten a ping from Silver Moon about this yet (they know what I like!)...

I'll have them put me down for a copy of the inevitable trade paperback.

Hmmm. Forget about a video game crossover or cameo appearance for just a moment; I wonder if Boon and NetherRealm would ever consider procuring the license and just making a straight-up MotU fighting game?

I'd play it.
    Last edited by Wandering Star; April 16, 2018 at 04:10pm. Reason: Capitalization
    • IF HARMONY IS THE KEY, THEN WHAT THE FRICK IS THE LOCK?
    • Mo-Larr is canon. Montork is not. Seriously, just WHAT.
    • (This User is Powered By Sarcasm, Autism, Trollan Magic and Just Plain Stubbornness)

This is great news.

I have enjoyed the modern DC comics, both the crossovers and the standalone.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    But wait....BATMAN can beat anybody. He wouldn't need HE-MAN's help. Lol!

Seriously though, it's good to see more MOTU comics. I agree that a stand-alone MOTU series would be more enjoyable, but I understand the appeal of this crossover.

The art and the old school look for the MOTU characters will always draw me in.
    He-Man saved once Batman from Scareglow, in the DC vs MOTU crossover.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Star View Post
    Surprised I haven't gotten a ping from Silver Moon about this yet (they know what I like!)...

I'll have them put me down for a copy of the inevitable trade paperback.

Hmmm. Forget about a video game crossover or cameo appearance for just a moment; I wonder if Boon and Netherrealm would ever consider procuring the license and just making a straight-up MotU fighting game?

I'd play it.
    A MOTU fighting game would be great! This is fantastic news, can't wait! Nice to see DC and Mattel still have some faith in MOTU comics.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Still can't deal with the art, no disrespect intended, so i'll focus exclusively on the script,
    hoping for pleasant surprises.
    NEW EP "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    He-Man saved once Batman from Scareglow, in the DC vs MOTU crossover.
    Cool.

I was just joking, anyway. I've been a lifelong BATMAN fan, but I've gotten so tired of him being depicted as an unstoppable, mortal man who can defeat any and all super beings and Gods.

I'd really love to see MOTU cross over with TMNT.
    Odd Man Out

I'm super excited about this!

Amazing . MOTU still going strong and kickin butt, hopefully this will sell out and convince to make a second mini series (just like happened with TMNT). Love that art and the last Thundercats cross over. I can totally see some MOTU characters in future Injustice DLC, this is promising
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."

Heroic Warrior
    Here is the solicitation of the Injustice vs He-Man and the Masters of the Universe #1:

Link:
    https://www.newsarama.com/39527-dc-c...citations.html

"INJUSTICE VS. HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #1
    written by TIM SEELEY
    variant cover by TIM SEELEY
    Believing He-man and the Masters of the Universe defeated, a robotic impostor has seized control of Eternia-but not for long! After freeing his kingdom from this strongman's rule, Prince Adam learns not everyone is pleased to see the pretender deposed-but Adam knows the value of freedom. So when heroes from another dimension ask his aid in deposing a super-hero turned dictator, he agrees. Teaming up with Batman against the Superman of the Injustice Universe, He-man and his new allies face dangerous and familiar enemies in a battle where no world is safe!
    ON SALE 07.18.18
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES

This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details."

We will have two covers. One made by Fredde E Williams, and the other by Tim Seeley himself. I have to say that i really like the premise. Somehow Faker took over the throne of Eternia, but when He-Man succeeded to defeat him, the people of Eternia were not very happy about it. Very interesting.

The first issue will be on sale July 18, 2018.
    Last edited by granamyr80; April 16, 2018 at 07:31pm.

Hmmn. Weird. Tie in with the Videogame version of DC? Sure, whatever, as long as it means some He-Man & Friends, I dont even care if it's good, frankly.

At least it should look cool. I'm down. And Surprised.

Frankly I'm still burned about not being able to finish the Thundercats crossover (as my local shop ordered WAY too few and I missed the last...3? maybe) and since I have some I cannot buy the trade...still trying to track down the last half of the run.

Still, hopefully this comic will be in stock when I am able to find the time to go to the shop...sigh.

Umm... Sure, why not? But if I buy enough of these, will it get Dark Horse interested in some more hardcover books?

Finally. I'm excited.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Rad!

Hoping this leads to a new stand alone MOTU monthly title... fingers crossed.
    Editor of DWAS publication Cosmic Masque - www.dwasonline.co.uk

Heroic Warrior
    Tim said that the Injustice/He-Man and the Masters of the Universe is a sorts of a sequel of the He-Man/Thundercats crossover. So basically the two crossovers could be conisdered part of the same continuity. Could this be a chance for a Thundercats cameo to the Injustice universe? Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    AS ShangTs said it started as a Fighting game from Netherrealm but has also been two DC comic series.

The backstory to INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US is that Joker used kryptonite laced Scarecrow's fear toxin on Superman; Superman sees Lois as Doomsday and kills her which triggers a nuclear bomb to destroy Metropolis. Superman kills joker and takes over earth as High Chancellor of The Regime with some like minded heroes and villains (like Wonder Woman, Flash, Lex Luthor). Batman leads an opposition to try and overthrow Superman and liberate the earth.

In the first game, Superman's take over was five years ago and with various plans foiled to unseat him and a number of heroes and villains dead, Batman turns to uncorrupted versions of the Justice League from an alternate earth to help liberate the planet. My guess based on the limited information that this mini-series is going to substitute He-Man and the MOTU for the "Good Justice League" from an alternate dimension from the first game and roll from there into its own story.
    Last edited by Amentep; April 17, 2018 at 09:36am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Amentep View Post
    AS ShangTs said it started as a Fighting game from Netherrealm but has also been two DC comic series.

The backstory to INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US is that Joker used kryptonite laced Scarecrow's fear toxin on Superman; Superman sees Lois as Doomsday and kills her which triggers a nuclear bomb to destroy Metropolis. Superman kills joker and takes over earth as High Chancellor of The Regime with some like minded heroes and villains (like Wonder Woman, Flash, Lex Luthor). Batman leads an opposition to try and overthrow Superman and liberate the earth.

In the first game, Superman's take over was five years ago and with various plans foiled to unseat him and a number of heroes and villains dead, Batman turns to uncorrupted versions of the Justice League from an alternate earth to help liberate the planet. My guess based on the limited information that this mini-series is going to substitute He-Man and the MOTU for the "Good Justice League" from an alternate dimension from the first game and roll from there into its own story.
    Tim Seeley said on twitter, that the Injustice/He-Man crossover is taking place after the Injustice 2 video game. Could be that the creators of video game decide to include the Masters of the Universe characters in a possible new Injustice game? Perhaps Thundercats too, considering that the upcoming crossover is part of the same continuity with the previous one?