Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Injustice VS. The Master of The Universe comic book discussion

The day gets better and better with motu news.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Glad to see that this art is continuing. I think it fits MOTU like a glove. Hopefully, one day, we can have another solo He-Man series.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    This is ok I guess. It's nice to have *something* He-Man in comic book form, but I'd rather the stand-alone series start up again vs all of these team ups with other properties.
    I completely agree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I would imagine that's the plan. Why do a video game crossover if you aren't planning on putting at least some of the mOTU characters into the game.
    I'm under the impression that Injustice is done adding characters. If that's the case, this only exists to hold on to the MOTU license, which...kinda sucks. I'd love to play as He-Man in a fighting game, but I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen, and makes me feel this storyline is a complete waste. I guess we'll have to see.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________
    Drak: Snake Mountain. It sounds so glamorous. Tell me about it.
    Skeletor: Well, it's, it's a dark and dismal.
    Trap Jaw: W-w-with slimey walls. Ugh!
    Whiplash: And strange, ugly creatures scurrying around.
    Skeletor: Just like any home, really.

‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    Tim Seeley said on twitter, that the Injustice/He-Man crossover is taking place after the Injustice 2 video game. Could be that the creators of video game decide to include the Masters of the Universe characters in a possible new Injustice game? Perhaps Thundercats too, considering that the upcoming crossover is part of the same continuity with the previous one?
    I would love that!

Tim said that the Injustice/He-Man and the Masters of the Universe is a sorts of a sequel of the He-Man/Thundercats crossover. So basically the two crossovers could be conisdered part of the same continuity. Could this be a chance for a Thundercats cameo to the Injustice universe? Who knows?
    That perspective made me reread the 2004 Superman Thundercats crossover. I love that it it keep circling back to MOTU, Superman and Thundercats.

Love that in metropolis there is a Lion O and He-Man hydrid action figure that made a cameo for 2 panels. Looks like designed by 4H too.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Tim Seeley said on twitter, that the Injustice/He-Man crossover is taking place after the Injustice 2 video game. Could be that the creators of video game decide to include the Masters of the Universe characters in a possible new Injustice game? Perhaps Thundercats too, considering that the upcoming crossover is part of the same continuity with the previous one?
    Well there goes my theory.

I'd bet that this won't have any direct bearing on the game. But I could be wrong on that too...

Quote Originally Posted by Amentep View Post

I'd bet that this won't have any direct bearing on the game. But I could be wrong on that too...
    Instead of creating new fighters, they could always re-skin an existing fighter as a new character. I could easily see a Moss Man skin for Swamp Thing, for example. Skeletor could be a skin for Aquaman, a Triklops skin for Robin, I am just not sure how He-man could be a skin for an existing fighter.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Heroic Warrior
    Taking place after Injustice 2 would explain Supermanís eyes and purple glyphs that he has likely assimilated Braniacís tech and ship. Which was shown in some of the gameís endings.

Hoping for better dialogue than He-Man/ThunderCats.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Amentep View Post

I believe that if the crossover takes place after Injustice 2, the more obvious reason, about the existence of the crossover itself, is the introduction of He-Man and the MOTU characters, to the next chapter of the Injustice video game's storyline. At least this is the only reason, that personally i can think about it. Unless they have plans for a new standalone MOTU series.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Interesting. Specially if this new set will lead to masters move in to the injustice video game series.

Not really close to a cross over that I would pick for MOTU, but I'll still probably get it.

Heroic Warrior
    Excited for this!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by hhhelmsley View Post
    Interesting. Specially if this new set will lead to masters move in to the injustice video game series.
    Completely surprised me with a ďHuh!?Ē. April Fools?? Completely out of left field for what I was expecting the next MOTU comic to be.

Itís low on my hype meter compared with the other past series announcements and on par excitement-wise with DCU/MOTU crossover comic. But absolutely will be buying it and supporting it!! Any He-Man is better than no He-Man. I also did enjoy the Injustice gamesí stories but havenít felt the desire to read the prequel story ongoing comic series that fill in the gaps prior to the games.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesmai View Post
    Completely surprised me with a “Huh!?”. April Fools?? Completely out of left field for what I was expecting the next MOTU comic to be.

It’s low on my hype meter compared with the other past series announcements and on par excitement-wise with DCU/MOTU crossover comic. But absolutely will be buying it and supporting it!! Any He-Man is better than no He-Man. I also did enjoy the Injustice games’ stories but haven’t felt the desire to read the prequel story ongoing comic series that fill in the gaps prior to the games.
    The premise of the plot, or at least from what was revealed, it's actually interesting. The choice of a villain that is not one of the big three (Skeletor, Hordak, King Hsss), in this case Faker, it's intriguing, and at the same time a very valid one, considering that Faker is basically an evil impostor. The nature of such kind of villain, and the mess that he could create, can actually justify He-Man's decision to answer at Batman's call to help him depose an alternative evil version of a great hero and protector, since He-Man has already came face to face with such kind of situation.

Heroic Warrior
    The premise of the plot, or at least from what was revealed, it's actually interesting. The choice of a villain that is not one of the big three (Skeletor, Hordak, King Hsss), in this case Faker, it's intriguing, and at the same time a very valid one, considering that Faker is basically an evil impostor. The nature of such kind of villain, and the mess that he could create, can actually justify He-Man's decision to answer at Batman's call to help him depose an alternative evil version of a great hero and protector, since He-Man has already came face to face with such kind of situation.
    Agreed! I do wonder how Batman of Injustice timeline/universe knows of He-Man, though?

- - - Updated - - -

And who will the “familiar enemies” be? Hordak perhaps wanting Brainiac’s technology for himself?

Heroic Warrior
    Agreed! I do wonder how Batman of Injustice timeline/universe knows of He-Man, though?
    I have a theory about this. We know that Injustice Batman was searching through the DC Multiverse to find alternative versions of Superman, that they could deal with the Injustice Superman. My guess is that during this quest, Injustice Batman arrived to the DC Earth that He-Man visited during the DC vs MOTU crossover, and he came to know that there is hero from a planet called Eternia, that saved this Earth's Batman, defeated an evil clone of Superman, and he got the real Superman free, saving this DC Earth from total destruction. So this revelation, could make Injustice Batman think, that it's worth the chance to search this He-Man and seek his help.

Heroic Warrior
    Injustice 2 comic series started with 24K sales and dropped down to 12K by month 6 and now steady at 10K. I’m predicting it won’t perform as well as He-Man/ThunderCats and DCU vs MOTU but it will still do well enough. Sales spike additional interest guarantee if they add He-Man to Injustice 2 game via DLC.

Heroic Warrior
    Injustice 2 comic series started with 24K sales and dropped down to 12K by month 6 and now steady at 10K. I’m predicting it won’t perform as well as He-Man/ThunderCats and DCU vs MOTU but it will still do well enough. Sales spike additional interest guarantee if they add He-Man to Injustice 2 game via DLC.
    Yes probably you are right. I only hope that at least the crossover can make DC to reconsider, and give the chance for a new MOTU ongoing. Tim Seeley is a huge MOTU fan, and co-writer of two MOTU books from DH. He knows very well the franchise. I would love to see DC, give him a new He-Man standalone series.

In the meantime CBR had pubblished an article about the possibilities to have the MOTU characters in the Injustice game:

https://www.cbr.com/could-he-man-join-injustice-games/
    Last edited by granamyr80; April 18, 2018 at 11:08am.

Heroic Warrior
    Tim Seeley has confirmed Rob David’s involvement on Twitter. Whether he gets official credit we will probably have to wait to see the offical in-issue credits.

- - - Updated - - -

4B617DA6-7537-4A26-BFE2-1230598691F0.jpg

Anyway, just a few of the awesome match ups you'll see in this series, as drawn by the amazing Freddy, include He-Man vs. Faker, Swamp Thing chilling with Moss Man, and Teela vs Harley Quinn. You'll also get an "Injustified" He-Man design.

Orko vs Bane?
    Last edited by Kesmai; April 18, 2018 at 12:14pm.

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I'll definitely pick this comic series up.

It's too bad they couldn't have made He-Man a DLC character in Injustice 2 (especially before the Legendary Edition came out) to tie in with this.

With the TMNT being in there, it would be awesome to have He-Man in there as well and have some of my favorite childhood heroes from different franchises be able to battle each other.

One aspect of the Injustice 2 game, which gets a bit excessive, but is still cool, is the armor feature. Basically as you go, you keep unlocking different outfits/armors, etc. for the various characters in the game, that can change both their appearance and strength. And once fully leveled up, you can have 5 different load outs for each character (armor combinations that you can choose between on the character select screen after you've established them in the character customization menu). He-Man is ripe with potential for that. They could give him his classic look, Battle Armor, Thunder Punch, Snake Armor, etc. They could even have more minor variations like parts to make "regular" He-Man from the original toyline, Filmation series, 200X, etc.

Heroic Warrior
    Tim Seeley has confirmed Rob David’s involvement on Twitter. Whether he gets official credit we will probably have to wait to see the offical in-issue credits.

- - - Updated - - -

4B617DA6-7537-4A26-BFE2-1230598691F0.jpg

Anyway, just a few of the awesome match ups you'll see in this series, as drawn by the amazing Freddy, include He-Man vs. Faker, Swamp Thing chilling with Moss Man, and Teela vs Harley Quinn. You'll also get an "Injustified" He-Man design.

Orko vs Bane?
    I didn't know that Rob is still on board. It's long time that we haven't any news. Good to know, that he is working with Tim. Having people that love, know and worked with the MOTU franchise, is an advantage. Thanks for the info, Kesmai.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Sales spike additional interest guarantee if they add He-Man to Injustice 2 game via DLC.
    I completely agree.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    He is a is a good writer, Anyone remember Colt Noble and the Mega Lords?That was a reall fun parody comic I wish we got more of. I am sure he will do a good job. However, can I express a bit of a disappointment and not be tarred and feathered, blocked or ignored?

INJUSTICE? "So dark. You sure your not from the DC universe" Deadpool says to Jonah Hex!

Injustice. That universe in which Superman put his fist through Joker's chest for Killing Lois and Jimmy then proceeded to take over his earth with a fascist Regime. Why can't MOTU just cross over with the 80's Justice League? Remember that time our heroes DIDN'T rip their enemies' hearts out? 1985, was the height of Crisis on Infinite earths. DC published MOTU in 1982/1983. He-Man's First appearance wildly different form the later version was introduced in DC comics presents. MOTU and Super Powers BOTH PEAKED IN 1985 during THE CRISIS!

Super Powers vs MOTU that's what we ALL WANT isn't it?
    Elevator pitch: Darksied and Hordak working together to find the Anti Life equation twix Earth and Eternia. Skeletor having to work with He-Man & She-Ra, all realizing this "Darksied" is too much for the them to handle. They might be "masters of the universe" but the lord of Apokolips is a NEW GOD! Remembering their brief interaction with Superman, they He-man and Skeletor summon him, and we get all of the action figures between 1982-1985 teaming up, fighting, an doing all kinds of hijinks and high adventure. This also expands on WHY DARKEID and jack Kirby's fourth world, and the "Super Friends" did not participate in The Great CRISIS! They where too busy on Eternia to worry about The Anitimonitor destroying the infinite multiverse. The Super friends world destroyed in the Crisis, (thier TV show having ended in the mid 80's) they had no home to go to...Maybe it's just coincident that Post crisis Mattel ended MOTU in 1988...Happenstance He-man's New Adventures ends while on Post-Crisis NEW EARTH Armageddon 2001 was taking place 1991...When would He-man next bee seen at retail

[SIZE=4][B]2001!

Harley Quinn vs Orko seam like a worse idea then pickled peanut butter. Harley Quinn wasn't invented in the 80's and Orko hasn't really been relevant since then. I know, I'm stuck on dates of characters introductions, continuity, (in so much as there can be...) and my own idea of what I want to see. I'm thinking about this too much and from your POV I don't think ANYONE is thinking about this ENOUGH! I get it. The "injustified He-man deaign". This is some 3rd dimensional chess to get people to want MOTU as DLC for Injustice 2. I'm certainly for THAT! I do LOVE the first game and would probably devour the sequel if I had a PS4. But why can't a comic just be a freaking comic and not some cross promotional tie in from the to get people to download the app for micro transaction on their smart devices.

I will concede, that the interdimensionality of crossing over between DC's earth #2765 with Eternia #7862 could be fun.
    Had a slight Cosmic Key malfunction, but everything's perfectly alright now. We're fine, we're all fine, here, now, thank you. How are you?”
    Any He-Man is better than no He-Man.
    well then explain this!

Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; April 20, 2018 at 07:59am.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Last Defender of Trolla Wandering Star's Avatar
    Halfway between Trolla and Eorzea (Salem, MA)
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    Harley Quinn vs Orko seems like a worse idea then pickled peanut butter. Harley Quinn wasn't invented in the 80's and Orko hasn't really been relevant since then.
    *raises finger to type, then lowers it* Nope. Not gonna touch that. *Hammerdances out*
    For what it's worth, my roomie ironically ships them one-sided.
    • HARMONY IS THE KEY LOVE IS THE LAW
    • Who weeps for Trolla? I DO.
    • (This User is Powered By Sarcasm, Autism, Trollan Magic and Just Plain Stubbornness)

Heroic Warrior
    Harley Quinn is up against Teela. Orko against Bane. According to the writer Tim Seeley on Twitter.