Thread: 1:1 scale Power Sword

1:1 scale Power Sword

As I'm learning 3D sculpting at the moment (specifically Freeform), I decided to do a Power Sword to start working on geometrical shapes.

Later on, when I'm happy with the result, I'll print it and have it painted to make an awesome one of a kind artifact!

For the design, I did something halfway between Classics toys sword (for the pointy end and global shape), Vintage toys sword (for the length ratio blade/handle) and the Alcala Classics sword for the somehow "blocky" middle section. I find the result well balanced and I want to further experiment some textures before I actually print it.

Here are the screenshots (measurements in mm so 74 cm long - roughly 29 inches):

Any comment/idea is welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    Very nice. Great job.
    Thanks He-Bro! That means a lot coming from you.

Soooooooo, I'm back with more!

Here is a pic to explain again how I went about the sword design:

A. I went for a blade/hilt ratio close to the Vintage toy
    B. I went for a rather thick middle section similar to Classics toy Alcala's sword design
    C. the general design is that of the Classics toy normal sword

To me it's like a "best of" all versions

I had the sword printed (we had to split the handle as it was to long to be printed in one part) and then expertly painted at my friend's collectible workshop and here is the result!:

And a cat picture, because why not... The poor animal won't transform though... I tried.

Overall I'm super pleased with the result and it's so unreal to actually hold this Power sword into your hand. A magical artifact come to life!

Now I'm probbably going to make a copy for the following reasons:
    -I was told the printed material (it's some kind of plastic) could deform badly overtime, especially when in a hot environment. A polyresin copy should last
    -I'm going to make myself a second one but in metallic purple... (Skeletor laugh!). Then I'll have both crossed Power Swords hang on a wall somewhere

That thing is awesome! and HUGE! I love the paint style you used as well. bravo!

WOW... speachless! Awesome work... a child's dream come true!
    And the picture with Cringer is TOP!

Soooooooo epic. The 3d print came out perfect and the paint work is fantastic

Thanks all! It is indeed a beautiful item :-)

I’ll probably make a Skeletor purple color version and even maybe a bi-color (silver/purple) version, to replicate the Vintage toys effect.