Thread: Who is your favorite character in the MOTU universe and why?

Master of New Adventures!

Who is your favorite character in the MOTU universe and why?

It's a deceptively simple question that, upon examination and self-reflection, is not so simple at all.

Yeah, yeah. At first blush He-man and Skeleton immediately leap to mind. But when you start thinking about it, it's not quite so cut-and-dry, is it? I mean, He-man on the surface, okay, he's heroic. But when you come right down to it, imo, he's a pretty two dimensional character. Can you really imagine kicking back with him on a week-long Mexican Riviera cruise and enjoying Coronas and Margs together? And the same goes for Skelly...that is until someone had the cajones to make him complicated and added a dose of humor to his personality...if ya gets my drift.

So who is your favorite character in the MOTU universe and why?

I'll start it off with my own personal favorite, which should come as no surprise to anyone who has read my posts over the years. Hands down, Crita from NA. She's complex, devious, borderline -- or maybe not so borderline -- a dom (oh that whip!), headed to Number One on the charts with a bullet, decidedly hot and manipulative. I loved how she played Skelly and Flogg against each other, biding her time. Plus I have a thing for self-confident, hot women. Hey, those are a couple of reasons -- among many others -- why I married a confident, blue-eyed, crimson-haired, drop-dead gorgeous Irish gal who, in the bargain, ended up becoming a President & CEO.

Over to you guys. Let's have some fun.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; May 5, 2018 at 08:35pm.

Mara, she's kind, smart and she can kick some serious arse!

Closely followed by Catra and Frosta!

Spinnerella & Faker (equality).

Spinnerella because she is so strong and its toy design is just so great (colors, fashion & hair style etc, everything is perfect at my eyes).

Faker I can't really explain, when I seen him as child I focused directly.
    When I was playing with all my Motu toys Faker was stronger than Skeletor and all the others villains, at the end he was allways the only one surviving

Master of New Adventures!
    You've got expensive taste.

Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    Spinnerella & Faker (equality).

Spinnerella because she is so strong and its toy design is just so great (colors, fashion & hair style etc, everything is perfect at my eyes).

Faker I can't really explain, when I seen him as child I focused directly.
    When I was playing with all my Motu toys Faker was stronger than Skeletor and all the others villains, at the end he was allways the only one surviving

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    With all due respect, I cannot answer this. Forgive me. This was a hard question. I might have a different answer at different times, so that's why I cannot settle on one.

Mer-Man, Spikor, Blade, Mosquitor, Beast-Man, Skeletor, He-Man, Frosta, etc... are all close for me up top. I just love Masters of the Universe! If I had to rate Masters of the Universe characters on a 10 scale, most of the vintage characters would be in the 9-10 range for me. That's how much I love the property. Maybe it's the reason I love it so.

I've always gravitated to Mer-Man. He's the king of his own undersea domain. Always loved his look(s).

I'll have to go with King Grayskull. He's the original wielder of The Power everyone is fighting for and all around exemplary human being.
    I have seen what others have not seen!

Court Magician
    Roboto

I’m always attracted to non-human characters. Especially those perceived by themselves and others as lesser and who, in their efforts to be recognized as equal, prove themselves to be greater.

Plus, he’s an awesome-looking robot whose see-through chest hides his heart in clockwork wheels.

All-time fave.

Halfway between Trolla and Eorzea (Salem, MA)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    It's a deceptively simple question that, upon examination and self-reflection, is not so simple at all.

So who is your favorite character in the MOTU universe and why?
    TRUE CONFESSION TIME.

{Post has been heavily edited for brevity and readability, and will be subject to deletion without warning}

I've been wrestling with whether or not to respond to this thread. But since you asked, I'll humor you. Orko is, was, and ever will be my favorite. I just don't expect anyone to understand why.

Let me just say this: Adam wasn't the only child whose life was saved by the timely appearance of a Trollan... If not for Orko, I would not be alive today.

Without going into detail, as a child, my brother and I were abused and neglected. It took a toll on us both, mentally, emotionally, and physically. He turned first to smoking, then later to drinking and eventually to drugs to ease his pain. I didn't want to ease my pain. I wanted to end it. I had a plan. I would be dead. By my own hand. At the age of ten.

I certainly wasn't expecting an intervention by a very unlikely savior.

For whatever reason, the family TV had been left on a certain channel one September afternoon. I was already familiar with Filmation, and knew of He-Man, but had little interest.

And that's when I saw him. I was immediately smitten, by the cuteness and by the enigma both. And I wanted to know more. I started watching. Drawing. Writing. Searching for merch. Searching for other fans. Living.

I never saw Orko as the Clown/Idiot/Child/Everyman. I saw him as the alien Other, the one who would never really fit in, no matter how hard they tried. Much like me.

I admired him for being able to take whatever Eternia could dish out and still stay the optimist, despite his situation (and his own flaws). I survived to flee my situation as soon as I could. As I grew older, I fell out of the fandom, but never completely forgot, rejoining only after my roommate nearly beaned me with a Dark Horse book ("Hey! Didn't you watch this as a kid?!"). And it all. Came. Flooding. Back. But now, as then, I am still an outsider. Still alien. Some things never change.

So there you have it. Call me crazy or a liar, shun me, hate me if you (general you) must, but know that every word I type is the gods' honest truth.
    <--- CRAZY OLD TROLLAN LADY
    Mo-Larr is canon. Montork is not. Seriously, just WHAT.

My favorite character has always been the original Barbarian He-Man from the first four mini-comics. I always preferred those stories over anything that came after. That He-Man has always been my favorite and is definitely my favorite character.

My favorite figure has always been Trap-Jaw. That guy has so much play value and was always my go to villain.

There are so many great characters, I thought that was going to be a lot harder. Once I started giving it some thought, the answers were obvious.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Tie between Flogg( was just may favorite figure as a kid... something about his look i just loved... and He-RO

was the 1st Classics figure i bought..and started all the madness..
    GIMME TOYS!-

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Star View Post
    TRUE CONFESSION TIME.

{Post has been heavily edited for brevity and readability, and will be subject to deletion without warning}

I've been wrestling with whether or not to respond to this thread. But since you asked, I'll humor you. Orko is, was, and ever will be my favorite. I just don't expect anyone to understand why.

Let me just say this: Adam wasn't the only child whose life was saved by the timely appearance of a Trollan... If not for Orko, I would not be alive today.

Without going into detail, as a child, my brother and I were abused and neglected. It took a toll on us both, mentally, emotionally, and physically. He turned first to smoking, then later to drinking and eventually to drugs to ease his pain. I didn't want to ease my pain. I wanted to end it. I had a plan. I would be dead. By my own hand. At the age of ten.

I certainly wasn't expecting an intervention by a very unlikely savior.

For whatever reason, the family TV had been left on a certain channel one September afternoon. I was already familiar with Filmation, and knew of He-Man, but had little interest.

And that's when I saw him. I was immediately smitten, by the cuteness and by the enigma both. And I wanted to know more. I started watching. Drawing. Writing. Searching for merch. Searching for other fans. Living.

I never saw Orko as the Clown/Idiot/Child/Everyman. I saw him as the alien Other, the one who would never really fit in, no matter how hard they tried. Much like me.

I admired him for being able to take whatever Eternia could dish out and still stay the optimist, despite his situation (and his own flaws). I survived to flee my situation as soon as I could. As I grew older, I fell out of the fandom, but never completely forgot, rejoining only after my roommate nearly beaned me with a Dark Horse book ("Hey! Didn't you watch this as a kid?!"). And it all. Came. Flooding. Back. But now, as then, I am still an outsider. Still alien. Some things never change.

So there you have it. Call me crazy or a liar, shun me, hate me if you (general you) must, but know that every word I type is the gods' honest truth.
    Thank you for sharing. ❤️