Thread: Teela Scale Maille Armour

Widget

Teela Scale Maille Armour

Hi guys and girls,
    Just wanted to share our Teela inspired scale maille armour. Would love to hear your feedback.

Front2.jpg

Find more pictures and details on our facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/Heart-And-S...2484106454630/

Saw this on facebook the other day, very cool.
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

Widget
    Many thanks, just trying to get it in as many places as possible

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    So I guess from the pictures this is for actual people and not action figures. The mannequin kind of threw me until I got a better look at the pics. 2 questions though:

Could you guys make this in MOTUC scale? I could pick up an extra Teela loose from a certain "Bay of Evil" and make another variant figure for her. Can't have too many Teelas, now can we.

and

Do you have any pics of a real life woman modeling this gear? Would be nice to see how it looks for cosplay purposes.

Sent from my LGL56VL using Tapatalk
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties. I get comic books, novels, & ViewMaster Reels as well. If you want to discuss this stuff & other things, then PM me here on the .org. I enjoy anime, video games, & sci-fi, too. DC or Marvel, it's all good.

Widget
    Unfortunately because this piece is for sale and due to hygiene reasons we do not display on real life models as this piece is designed to have no other items of clothing on underneath.
    Due to the nature and scale of the way this piece is made we would not be able to make a MOTUC scale version of this. It would have to be made as a solid piece of armour such as the way Teela's head dress is.
    It's complexity in chain and scale maille would be too difficult to create due to the size. To cut out leather scales in that size would be completely pointless as the fibres would not hold together and the chains would just rip through it. Not to mention the jump rings, I dont believe that you can buy them that small. Each byzantine chain is approximately 7mm diameter so to do it any smaller than that the aspect ratio would not work.
    Sorry to put a downer on it as we would love to make it for the MOTUC figures too!

That's beautiful! I wished someone would get a license to make full scale replicas of helmets or weapons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Widget
    Thankyou, it took us a long time to decide on the final design for her. Although we do not have a licence we would be happy to design custom replicas.