Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bronze he man from china

The chest armor is removable?

Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    Here you go. Mine arrived today. Joints pretty loose. Professional grade paint job--bit skin-toned plastic underneath. Way different tone than BKG, but thats okay. Worth 60 bucks, I think. Kind of wish they had included the axe.

Attachment 116308

Attachment 116309
    For $60 it us kinda pricey, quality is obviously below par. But stuff like this imho is worth getting , a nice token piece regardless if bootleg. Congrats on a cool acquiaition.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    For $60 it us kinda pricey, quality is obviously below par. But stuff like this imho is worth getting , a nice token piece regardless if bootleg. Congrats on a cool acquiaition.

Quality is solid on mine.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Tokyo never. Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Quality is solid on mine.

Tokyo never. Yes.

Then that make it a nicer piece.Congrats.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    The chest armor is removable?
    Yes. It was removed and painted. The paint job is factory...its clearly not a home job. The paint is as good as any mattel figure.
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

Heroic Warrior
    Then that make it a nicer piece.Congrats.

Would be nice if they went down in price though. I'd love to get another one. I wish I knew the story behind it. Was it a canceled plan? Like a traveling con figure?

It would be cool if they'd do a bronze She-Ra too so we could have the ancestor King Grayskull and the descendants of his power all in this statue form.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    It would be cool if they'd do a bronze She-Ra too so we could have the ancestor King Grayskull and the descendants of his power all in this statue form.

I'd buy one. Maybe we should message him and tell him to have them made lol.

I remember that there was a silver She-Ra right? That can complete the statue design with KG and HM since the bronze paint app of the 2 is not the the same. But She-Ra was exclusive and rare if im not mistaken, so doing it like what they did to He-Man is a good idea, it will be more practical and accessible.

I remember that there was a silver She-Ra right? That can complete the statue design with KG and HM since the bronze paint app of the 2 is not the the same. But She-Ra was exclusive and rare if im not mistaken, so doing it like what they did to He-Man is a good idea, it will be more practical and accessible.

Yeah, the Silver She-Ra was extremely limited I believe. I don't know the exact numbers but I wouldn't be surprised if there are less than 20 out there.

Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    I wish I knew the story behind it. Was it a canceled plan? Like a traveling con figure?

It was a Wonder bread promotional giveaway...

Yeah, the Silver She-Ra was extremely limited I believe. I don't know the exact numbers but I wouldn't be surprised if there are less than 20 out there.
    Actually, there are only two official Chrome She-Ra figures in existence. They were prizes in a raffle during SDCC 2010.

As for this bronze He-Man, I wouldn't be surprised if this was going to be a SDCC 2018 exclusive that got snuck out of the factory... like that first wave of single-carded Horde Troopers.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the NEW ADVENTURES lineup !!!

I thought I had heard that some Mattel employees also had some Chrome She-Ras, which is why I made the less than 20 claim. Since it was only a rumor, I don't know how true it is, but I would be pretty astonished if a factory would make only two of something given the things we've been told by Super7 and Mattel and other insiders. But since it was just a deco change and no tooling change, I suppose it's possible.

I thought I had heard that some Mattel employees also had some Chrome She-Ras, which is why I made the less than 20 claim. Since it was only a rumor, I don't know how true it is, but I would be pretty astonished if a factory would make only two of something given the things we've been told by Super7 and Mattel and other insiders. But since it was just a deco change and no tooling change, I suppose it's possible.

There was someone offering "bootleg" versions o Chrome She-Ra on ebay about 2013-2014. It may have been vac metal, but it was professional quality. My friend was able to win one, so I have seen it first hand, but I was never able to win the auctions, it typically went for 150-200. I am certain some folks here have it. The seller also sold a chrome He-Ro in the same fashion.

Heroic Warrior
    There was someone offering "bootleg" versions o Chrome She-Ra on ebay about 2013-2014. It may have been vac metal, but it was professional quality. My friend was able to win one, so I have seen it first hand, but I was never able to win the auctions, it typically went for 150-200. I am certain some folks here have it. The seller also sold a chrome He-Ro in the same fashion.
    Man I missed all that. Back then I wasn't even checking for motuc on ebay. Just got my monthly orders and just sat them aside til I was ready to open them.

I vaguely remember seeing those along while back...

The coolest thing I scored on eBay back in the day was a yellow-belt Stratos. It was a factory error where Beastman's loincloth was swapped with Stratos'...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the NEW ADVENTURES lineup !!!

Here is a thread with a guy who was making these...I am unsure if it is the same guy who was putting them on Ebay. The one my friend bought was not in a package, and the chroming didn't hinder the articulation, as I recall.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...omed)-for-sale

Nice back tracking sir.

Heroic Warrior
    After seeing that chromed she ra I'd much definitely rsther a bronze one. That thing looks like those robots from battlestar Galactica cylons or something

I received mine in the mail today and it is awesome! Like others have said the legs are a bit loose, but otherwise it's in good condition, and the paint job is just amazing.

I received mine in the mail today and it is awesome! Like others have said the legs are a bit loose, but otherwise it's in good condition, and the paint job is just amazing. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...97214a9d42.jpg

Congrats, nice piece.

Heroic Warrior
    These things are so great.

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    I'm awaiting delivery of mine. Can't wait to see it in person!

Maybe Toyguru can help to know if it is a figure from an official Mattel avorted project or not. He is still on the board?

Feels like a Book-End figure for the end of the line...

Bronze KG started it... Bronze He-Man finishes.

(Though, I too would want a bronze She-Ra)
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra, Slamurai, Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Mini-Comic/Vintage Toy costume Catra, The Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, The Twiggets, Melaktha, Sagitar, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, Weapons Paks, Fuerza T figures, 200X Sorceress, King Miro.

Filmation Variants: Prince Adam, Adora, Count Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Modulok, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form