Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: SDCC 2018 (19 Jul. 2018 – 22 Jul. 2018) Reveals Speculation and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    I do believe S7 wants to offer the best product possible, but the problem with that way of working (not showing the process to customers) is that some flaws won't be pointed out in time to be fixed. At the end, we will see just the final product and we will have to take it or leave it as is. If each figure was offered individually I would say it's a fair deal, but since the sales model is committing to the whole wave, this may be a concern.

I'm sure some of the improvements of the wave we just got were because customers here pointed them out. To be hones, despite their good intentions, I'm not sure S7 alone have a critic eye to spot all the flaws that the collector eye can. Just look above the reaction figures, they're cute because of nostalgia, but to be honest they're not so aesthetically correct (look their faces), but for that product it works that way. It does not work so for CC/CG. So, to sum it up, I think objective constructive criticism from customers/fans add value. I know how bad and vicious turn out criticism sometimes (always?) here, but I think that could be handled and mitigated if the vendor knows how to engage the fans in the process. For example: if the progress is shown at some point were fixes are still possible, that could work as a QA round where we can spot some flaws knowing that we're on-time to fix many of them and that the product is being shown in early stage precisely to receive critic but constructive reviews.
    All points taken, and are valid.

But really, citing wave 1 as example, what big issues that can be really credited to the fans pointing it out? All i can remember is the wide hips that S7 did narrow but eventually failed in the end. Did we see triklops none spinning head? Teela pegs? Hawke and Teela height? Hawke bow leg? Quake heavy meteor staff? Even that ugly leg text?

IMHO what is more needed to be put in place on Super7 factory operations is a more effective quality control system with workers commitment rather than early reveal of prototype. Prototype will always be revealed but that prototype will be made sure to be as closest to the eventual final product, yet with enough time to alter if a major issue is to be pointed out.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

People are so busy arguing over QC in this thread they haven't noticed we've received another teaser: Skeletor.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    People are so busy arguing over QC in this thread they haven't noticed we've received another teaser: Skeletor.jpg
    Well that was revealed 2 days ago thats old news now lol.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    All points taken, and are valid.

But really, citing wave 1 as example, what big issues that can be really credited to the fans pointing it out? All i can remember is the wide hips that S7 did narrow but eventually failed in the end. Did we see triklops none spinning head? Teela pegs? Hawke and Teela height? Hawke bow leg? Quake heavy meteor staff? Even that ugly leg text?

IMHO what is more needed to be put in place on Super7 factory operations is a more effective quality control system with workers commitment rather than early reveal of prototype. Prototype will always be revealed but that prototype will be made sure to be as closest to the eventual final product, yet with enough time to alter if a major issue is to be pointed out.
    I agree, additional QC procedures would be needed, but it is not a matter of good will from workers and the production team, if the QC was planned but is not working, then S7 needs to revisit the process, but if new/additional QC procedures are needed, those have a cost that if added to the process would translate to higher cost to customers. Certainly we could not spot the defects related to the moving parts and internal structure of the figures, but fans could at least spot the shiny plastic, excessive paint apps on Teela's face, the ab crotch for Tri-Klops, the green of TK's accessories and the wide crotch piece for hips, regardless of the ones that were fixed or not. Maybe I'm even leaving other aspects out that I can't remember. Also this fandom has a good record for detecting reversed limbs, heheheh. And that's QC for free! Not thorough but at least what one can spot from low res and very few pics.
    Last edited by man-at-work; June 17, 2018 at 09:36pm.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    That's just the 5.5 TV version of Skelly that we've known about.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

I can't wait to see what sort of hilariously inept new decisions Super7 has made for MOTUC. In 2018, waiting excitedly for SDCC to see new MOTUC reveals has taken on a whole new meaning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    http://super7hq.com/uploads/10/11/MO...4_STORE-13.png

This was posted today.

Wave 4 is going to be released but this has nothing to do with SDCC 2018 or MOTUC.
    The Reaction figures aren't really my thing, but boy that Scareglow is tempting. I do love me some GITD figures.

Halfway between Trolla and Eorzea (Salem, MA)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    The Reaction figures aren't really my thing, but boy that Scareglow is tempting. I do love me some GITD figures.
    As do I. At least there's less to screw up on Scare Glow. He's a GitD skeledude. Awesome. Not like slapping an extra digit on a four-fingered hand and then just whistling innocent.

Numerous people kvetched for weeks straight about Tri-Klops' harness color being off shade. This is a bit more glaring, imo. But naturally, I'm the only one who notices or cares.
    <--- CRAZY OLD TROLLAN LADY
    Mo-Larr is canon. Montork is not. Seriously, just WHAT.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    I do believe S7 wants to offer the best product possible, but the problem with that way of working (not showing the process to customers) is that some flaws won't be pointed out in time to be fixed. At the end, we will see just the final product and we will have to take it or leave it as is. If each figure was offered individually I would say it's a fair deal, but since the sales model is committing to the whole wave, this may be a concern.

I'm sure some of the improvements of the wave we just got were because customers here pointed them out. To be hones, despite their good intentions, I'm not sure S7 alone have a critic eye to spot all the flaws that the collector eye can. Just look above the reaction figures, they're cute because of nostalgia, but to be honest they're not so aesthetically correct (look their faces), but for that product it works that way. It does not work so for CC/CG. So, to sum it up, I think objective constructive criticism from customers/fans add value. I know how bad and vicious turn out criticism sometimes (always?) here, but I think that could be handled and mitigated if the vendor knows how to engage the fans in the process. For example: if the progress is shown at some point were fixes are still possible, that could work as a QA round where we can spot some flaws knowing that we're on-time to fix many of them and that the product is being shown in early stage precisely to receive critic but constructive reviews.
    Well said......but, I do not think the fanbase in general is capable of delivering criticism in a constructive manner.

Look at a few of the posts just above this one for example, we do not even have any SDCC or Classics reveals and people have already started bashing (granted it's the same people that ALWAYS complain). S7 put up reaction figures (nothing to do with SDCC reveals) and they get bashed, they sneak peak Vintage Skeletor and get bashed because its not Classics.

This Forum is tame compared to other boards so you can understand why S7 are keeping quiet. I kinda like the 'Here is your figure, take it or leave it" approach. It will drive away those that moan the most and make the boards much more pleasant places to visit.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkerBoh View Post
    Well said......but, I do not think the fanbase in general is capable of delivering criticism in a constructive manner.

Look at a few of the posts just above this one for example, we do not even have any SDCC or Classics reveals and people have already started bashing (granted it's the same people that ALWAYS complain). S7 put up reaction figures (nothing to do with SDCC reveals) and they get bashed, they sneak peak Vintage Skeletor and get bashed because its not Classics.

This Forum is tame compared to other boards so you can understand why S7 are keeping quiet. I kinda like the 'Here is your figure, take it or leave it" approach. It will drive away those that moan the most and make the boards much more pleasant places to visit.
    Yes, you're right, criticism is not constructive most of the times. So, I really hope S7 team can put hawk eyes into QC for next waves learning from Wave 1 and Power-Con Exclusives from last year... without an additional cost to us!
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    Is it? That'd be a weird to reveal something that had already been revealed, wouldn't it?

What if...what if it's a new Ultimate figure of Filmation Skeletor?

(Probably not though, now that I compare it to the other Ultimates...the scale of the blister is off)

I suspect we will ALL be hearing something VERY soon
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Super7 just confirmed they’re doing a Hordak’s Lair this year, as I suspected

Can’t wait to see what’s on offer.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.lukespicer.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    Super7 just confirmed they’re doing a Hordak’s Lair this year, as I suspected

Can’t wait to see what’s on offer.
    Whaaaaaaat....
    Just saw the teaser video from the email. Kinda doubting playset unless it's a slime pit.
    Last edited by Lipster; June 18, 2018 at 09:43pm.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    Oh

Hollywood Warrior InspectorZartan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipster View Post
    Whaaaaaaat....
    Just saw the teaser video from the email. Kinda doubting playset unless it's a slime pit.
    It’s not a playset. It’s their event/off-site location theme for SDCC this year. It’s something they do every year at SDCC except they usually call it Skeletor’s Lair instead of Hordak’s
    TOP WANTS
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Malektha/Twiggets/RedKnight
    200X:Miro/Hawke/Illumina/BoneWarrior/ABCGiants
    NA:Nocturna/Sagitar/Kayo/Lizzor/Hoove/Vizar/
    Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    JETLAG:Sebrian/Andros/Drissi/Gleep/UR
    MISC:Delora/MOPDemons/LtAndre/EvilRobot/Damon
    BEASTS:Clawdeen/Storm/Bionotops/Mantisaur/
    TyrantisaurousRex/Moonbeam/Sundancer