Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 166

Thread: SDCC 2018 (19 Jul. 2018 – 22 Jul. 2018) Reveals Speculation and Discussion

  1. #1
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hellbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,575

    SDCC 2018 (19 Jul. 2018 – 22 Jul. 2018) Reveals Speculation and Discussion

    What are you hoping for? Do you think it will be Club Grayskull related, Collectors' Choice or something else...?
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Vintage Attack Trak, POP Vintage Variants completed, NA Vintage completed, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Ice Armor He-Man, Skeleteen

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,073
    Honestly I hope theres not a sdcc exclusive. The figures are pretty pricey and Id rather they stick with the regular waves and not do sdcc exclusives because exclusives just mean higher prices and the regular wave prices are hitting my ceiling frankly.
    _____________________

    please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, roboto, shadow weaver, entrapta , adora, moss man, stratos, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior King Tamusk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,906
    Id love to see an exclusive for both lines; Club Grayskull and Collectors Choice.

    I personally hope its the Masks of Power Demons in a 2-pack for CC and Zodac with his Cosmic Throne for CG.

    It would be great if they had a third exclusive that celebrated the 10th Anniversary of MOTUC and the 35th Anniversary of the MOTU Filmation series; like Chef Allen or a Twiggets 3-pack!

    Id also love to see an exclusive for their vintage 5-inch line, like Lodar and Geldor.

    Besides those, I hope they have a Reaction exclusive, another art portfolio, another Beastman and Skeletor vinyl, and something else completely wacky and unexpected.

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hellbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,575
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I’d love to see an exclusive for both lines; Club Grayskull and Collectors Choice.

    I personally hope it’s the Masks of Power Demons in a 2-pack for CC and Zodac with his Cosmic Throne for CG.

    It would be great if they had a third exclusive that celebrated the 10th Anniversary of MOTUC and the 35th Anniversary of the MOTU Filmation series; like Chef Allen or a Twiggets 3-pack!

    Id also love to see an exclusive for their vintage 5-inch line, like Lodar and Geldor.

    Besides those, I hope they have a Reaction exclusive, another art portfolio, another Beastman and Skeletor vinyl, and something else completely wacky and unexpected.
    Awesome ideas! Especially the Masks of Power Demons and Zodac w/chair!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Vintage Attack Trak, POP Vintage Variants completed, NA Vintage completed, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Ice Armor He-Man, Skeleteen

  5. #5
    Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,304
    I wonder if that he-man factory painted the same as Bronze King Grayskull that is selling on Ebay might be a clue??
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hellbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,575
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    I wonder if that he-man factory painted the same as Bronze King Grayskull that is selling on Ebay might be a clue??
    Hey, good point!!

    Although Super 7 have been pretty diligent when it comes to factory leaks, first shots, etc.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Vintage Attack Trak, POP Vintage Variants completed, NA Vintage completed, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Ice Armor He-Man, Skeleteen

  7. #7
    Last Defender of Trolla Wandering Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Halfway between Trolla and Eorzea (Salem, MA)
    Posts
    209
    Standing by my guess of Kittrina as the SDCC exclusive.

    I really don't think that S7's/4H's repeated use of the phrase "let the cat out of the bag" when asked about SDCC in multiple posts/videos is any coincidence, especially when other phrases exist that convey the same thing (eg "it's a secret", "can't reveal that", "not at liberty to say"). Couple that with her top-5 Fan Poll placement and I'm certainly convinced.

    The real question is, CC with full detail and MotUC canon bio? Or CG, with sparse detail and non-canon TV bio?
    • IF HARMONY IS THE KEY, THEN WHAT THE FRICK IS THE LOCK?
    • Mo-Larr is canon. Montork is not. Seriously, just WHAT.
    • (This User is Powered By Sarcasm, Autism, Trollan Magic and Just Plain Stubbornness)

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,073
    Or it could be Cringer and Prince Adam. Or Filmation catra with her panther form
    _____________________

    please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, roboto, shadow weaver, entrapta , adora, moss man, stratos, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hellbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,575
    Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Or it could be Cringer and Prince Adam. Or Filmation catra with her panther form
    The second option would be a nice surprise!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Star View Post
    Standing by my guess of Kittrina as the SDCC exclusive.

    I really don't think that S7's/4H's repeated use of the phrase "let the cat out of the bag" when asked about SDCC in multiple posts/videos is any coincidence, especially when other phrases exist that convey the same thing (eg "it's a secret", "can't reveal that", "not at liberty to say"). Couple that with her top-5 Fan Poll placement and I'm certainly convinced.

    The real question is, CC with full detail and MotUC canon bio? Or CG, with sparse detail and non-canon TV bio?
    Hmmmm....I'm guessing they'll got with Club Grayskull for this character. I don't mind either way with this particular character, personally.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Vintage Attack Trak, POP Vintage Variants completed, NA Vintage completed, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Ice Armor He-Man, Skeleteen

  10. #10
    Heroic Warrior melkor23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bavaria, Germany
    Posts
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I’d love to see an exclusive for both lines; Club Grayskull and Collectors Choice.

    I personally hope it’s the Masks of Power Demons in a 2-pack for CC and Zodac with his Cosmic Throne for CG.

    It would be great if they had a third exclusive that celebrated the 10th Anniversary of MOTUC and the 35th Anniversary of the MOTU Filmation series; like Chef Allen or a Twiggets 3-pack!

    Id also love to see an exclusive for their vintage 5-inch line, like Lodar and Geldor.

    Besides those, I hope they have a Reaction exclusive, another art portfolio, another Beastman and Skeletor vinyl, and something else completely wacky and unexpected.
    The Masks of Power demons are way to popular and demanded for an exclusive treatment of the figures. They will be both part of the next regular Collector's Choice wave to boost the sales.
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hellbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,575
    Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    The Masks of Power demons are way to popular and demanded for an exclusive treatment of the figures. They will be both part of the next regular Collector's Choice wave to boost the sales.
    Are any of these characters REALLY that popular and demanded enough to boost the sales of a wave at this point in the line..? I love the Masks of Power Demons (they're on my most wanted list), but they're D-listers at best.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Vintage Attack Trak, POP Vintage Variants completed, NA Vintage completed, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Ice Armor He-Man, Skeleteen

  12. #12
    Last Defender of Trolla Wandering Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Halfway between Trolla and Eorzea (Salem, MA)
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Are any of these characters REALLY that popular and demanded enough to boost the sales of a wave at this point in the line..? I love the Masks of Power Demons (they're on my most wanted list), but they're D-listers at best.
    Well, you know what they say, about "one man's trash"...
    • IF HARMONY IS THE KEY, THEN WHAT THE FRICK IS THE LOCK?
    • Mo-Larr is canon. Montork is not. Seriously, just WHAT.
    • (This User is Powered By Sarcasm, Autism, Trollan Magic and Just Plain Stubbornness)

  13. #13
    Heroic Warrior melkor23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bavaria, Germany
    Posts
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Are any of these characters REALLY that popular and demanded enough to boost the sales of a wave at this point in the line..? I love the Masks of Power Demons (they're on my most wanted list), but they're D-listers at best.
    Maybe they are D-listers, but since every A- to C-lister is already there as Classics figure, they are now on the top spot.
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

  14. #14
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hellbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,575
    Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    Maybe they are D-listers, but since every A- to C-lister is already there as Classics figure, they are now on the top spot.
    True, but I could still see them as SDCC exclusives. We've had popular characters like Stone-dar & Rokkon before
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Vintage Attack Trak, POP Vintage Variants completed, NA Vintage completed, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Ice Armor He-Man, Skeleteen

  15. #15
    Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A thousand dimensions
    Posts
    1,343
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Id love to see an exclusive for both lines; Club Grayskull and Collectors Choice.

    I personally hope its the Masks of Power Demons in a 2-pack for CC and Zodac with his Cosmic Throne for CG.

    It would be great if they had a third exclusive that celebrated the 10th Anniversary of MOTUC and the 35th Anniversary of the MOTU Filmation series; like Chef Allen or a Twiggets 3-pack!

    Id also love to see an exclusive for their vintage 5-inch line, like Lodar and Geldor.

    Besides those, I hope they have a Reaction exclusive, another art portfolio, another Beastman and Skeletor vinyl, and something else completely wacky and unexpected.
    Well, another christmas well before its time suggested by our friend. (^^)
    Mask Of Power Demons would be so welcome,
    and even more so because a possible apparition as a Collector's Choice offering
    would lead them to be sold separated which is unacceptable in their case.
    NEW EP "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

  16. #16
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hellbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,575
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    Well, another christmas well before its time suggested by our friend. (^^)
    Mask Of Power Demons would be so welcome,
    and even more so because a possible apparition as a Collector's Choice offering
    would lead them to be sold separated which is unacceptable in their case.
    Especially if only ONE of them ended up being made! Yikes!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Vintage Attack Trak, POP Vintage Variants completed, NA Vintage completed, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Ice Armor He-Man, Skeleteen

  17. #17
    Heroic Warrior enoch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    1,019
    I hope there are no exclusives. Just higher prices to track down on eBay

  18. #18
    Heroic Warrior Triklops 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eternos
    Posts
    4,040
    Well the Stridor reveal its just a great start, right?

    I think that counts as an exclsuive already. But sincerely I'm more worried to get wave 2 figures safely first rather than speculating on how spend my money next
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."

  19. #19
    Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dark Hemisphere - Texas Region
    Posts
    4,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Triklops 1 View Post
    Well the Stridor reveal its just a great start, right?

    I think that counts as an exclsuive already. But sincerely I'm more worried to get wave 2 figures safely first rather than speculating on how spend my money next
    Agreed, I thought that Stridor was THE SDCC exclusive....

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Honestly I hope there’s not a sdcc exclusive. The figures are pretty pricey and I’d rather they stick with the regular waves and not do sdcc exclusives because exclusives just mean higher prices and the regular wave prices are hitting my ceiling frankly.
    Ditto.
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack, "new" characters as designed by Axor (Axel)

  20. #20
    Royal Guard chuc98's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    8,129
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I’d love to see an exclusive for both lines; Club Grayskull and Collectors Choice.

    I personally hope it’s the Masks of Power Demons in a 2-pack for CC and Zodac with his Cosmic Throne for CG.

    It would be great if they had a third exclusive that celebrated the 10th Anniversary of MOTUC and the 35th Anniversary of the MOTU Filmation series; like Chef Allen or a Twiggets 3-pack!

    Id also love to see an exclusive for their vintage 5-inch line, like Lodar and Geldor.

    Besides those, I hope they have a Reaction exclusive, another art portfolio, another Beastman and Skeletor vinyl, and something else completely wacky and unexpected.
    I like the way you think!

    Thankfully, if anything like this is ever done, exclusives have for the most part always been easy to obtain.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

  21. #21
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    73
    What about a Club Grayskull Prince Adam and Cringer 2pk with added accessories to make He-man and Battle cat? That way those who missed out on the initial CG He-man can have a figure, those that do have him would have an exclusive 2pk with him, and those that don't want him wouldn't have to get him. We do already have a Classics Battlecat, so one in CG would be kinda cool for those that want it.

  22. #22
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hellbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,575
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    I like the way you think!

    Thankfully, if anything like this is ever done, exclusives have for the most part always been easy to obtain.
    Yeah, exactly! I haven't had an issue with any exclusives over the years....oh, except the Rotar Twistoid 2-pack, but they were available in abundance later on.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Vintage Attack Trak, POP Vintage Variants completed, NA Vintage completed, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Ice Armor He-Man, Skeleteen

  23. #23
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    5,961
    Quote Originally Posted by TAAO View Post
    What about a Club Grayskull Prince Adam and Cringer 2pk with added accessories to make He-man and Battle cat? That way those who missed out on the initial CG He-man can have a figure, those that do have him would have an exclusive 2pk with him, and those that don't want him wouldn't have to get him. We do already have a Classics Battlecat, so one in CG would be kinda cool for those that want it.
    No it wouldn't look right. He-Man & Prince adam need to be separate figures in Filmation club grayskull and same for Battlecat & Cringer
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

    Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.


    Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

    Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

  24. #24
    Heroic Warrior wayne-klops's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    4,506
    Quote Originally Posted by TAAO View Post
    What about a Club Grayskull Prince Adam and Cringer 2pk with added accessories to make He-man and Battle cat? That way those who missed out on the initial CG He-man can have a figure, those that do have him would have an exclusive 2pk with him, and those that don't want him wouldn't have to get him. We do already have a Classics Battlecat, so one in CG would be kinda cool for those that want it.
    Yeah, I don't know how you do that without finding some real Power of Grayskull magic! Adam would need color changing abilities to change from pale skin, white shirt, purple shorts/legs/boots to tan skin (the pink jacket and He-Man's harness are really the only interchangeable items). With Cringer you have to actually find a way to make him double or more in size.

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

  25. #25
    Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    501
    I am caught between the masks of power deamons idea and no exclusive for prices reasons.
    Another idea would be a weapons pack ...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •