Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: SDCC 2018 (19 Jul. 2018 – 22 Jul. 2018) Reveals Speculation and Discussion

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by InspectorZartan View Post
    I'm not sure how much information Mattel gives to Super7 about these things. Obviously Super7 has to clear their MOTU products past Mattel but I'm not sure if Mattel reaches out at all when it's the other way around--that said if Super7 knew Mattel was going to make this set of 4 masks it would have been a nice bit of brand synergy if they offered Classics Slime Pit He-Man as one of the SDCC exclusives at their booth/store. This would be a relatively cheap variant (perfect for a con item), fitting with the Hordak's Lair theme this year, and complete the missing figure from this set of Mattel Masks. Maybe that's something still yet to be revealed.

They could also do it as a reaction figure (which would also be cool but I'd much rather have it in Classics).
    Quoted for truth! Too much slime going on these days right?
    May them not be missing another opportunity to do things right.
    NEW EP "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Flee The Moon" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT8qrmaFmq0

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by InspectorZartan View Post
    I'm not sure how much information Mattel gives to Super7 about these things. Obviously Super7 has to clear their MOTU products past Mattel but I'm not sure if Mattel reaches out at all when it's the other way around--that said if Super7 knew Mattel was going to make this set of 4 masks it would have been a nice bit of brand synergy if they offered Classics Slime Pit He-Man as one of the SDCC exclusives at their booth/store. This would be a relatively cheap variant (perfect for a con item), fitting with the Hordak's Lair theme this year, and complete the missing figure from this set of Mattel Masks. Maybe that's something still yet to be revealed.

They could also do it as a reaction figure (which would also be cool but I'd much rather have it in Classics).
    Agree 100%! Talk about dropping the ball!

I'll gladly eat my own words if Super 7 reveals a MOTUC Slime Pit He-Man though!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Vintage Attack Trak, POP Vintage Variants completed, NA Vintage completed, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Ice Armor He-Man, Skeleteen

Heroic Warrior
    I'm loving these reveals from Mattel hope that Super7 matches it with some exclusives of there own

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor68 View Post
    I'm loving these reveals from Mattel hope that Super7 matches it with some exclusives of there own
    Does Super 7 have a master mold for the He-Man buck? If so, we might still see a translucent green He-Man...

Or, was the Ultimate version made in the old Mattel factory?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the NEW ADVENTURES lineup !!!

Hollywood Warrior InspectorZartan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Does Super 7 have a master mold for the He-Man buck? If so, we might still see a translucent green He-Man...

Or, was the Ultimate version made in the old Mattel factory?
    I could be totally wrong about everything or anything I'm about to say so anyone who knows better should feel free to correct me, but if memory/ my understanding serves I believe Super7 has access to any previous tooling that hasn't been lost, damaged, or misplaced thus regardless of which factory the Ultimate was made at (I believe that was the old Mattel factory) they should still be able to get that tooling because it obviously wasn't lost, damaged, or misplaced since they just used it for the Ultimate figure.
    TOP WANTS
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Malektha/Twiggets/RedKnight
    200X:Miro/Hawke/Illumina/BoneWarrior/ABCGiants
    NA:Nocturna/Sagitar/Kayo/Lizzor/Hoove/Vizar/
    Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    JETLAG:Sebrian/Andros/Drissi/Gleep/UR
    MISC:Delora/MOPDemons/LtAndre/EvilRobot/Damon
    BEASTS:Clawdeen/Storm/Bionotops/Mantisaur/
    TyrantisaurousRex/Moonbeam/Sundancer

The more I think about a Classics Slime Pit, the more I realise how realistic it could be for Super7 to produce. The vintage playset consists of only six major pieces:

• Pit
    • Claw
    • Wall
    • Jaw
    • Face
    • Skull Cap

Plus the slime, naturally!

Admittedly, the jaw piece has some extra pieces involved within the hinge at the base of the skull, but still, from what little I have learned in the forum regarding tooling processes, less parts means less cost. Surely this would cost less than tooling a new figure?

Maybe someone with a greater knowledge of the process could correct me, but this seems like a no-brainer to me? Come on Super7, we need a CC Slime Pit for Hordak's Lair!!!

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stagnataur View Post
    The more I think about a Classics Slime Pit, the more I realise how realistic it could be for Super7 to produce. The vintage playset consists of only six major pieces:

• Pit
    • Claw
    • Wall
    • Jaw
    • Face
    • Skull Cap

Admittedly, the jaw piece has some extra pieces involved within the hinge at the base of the skull, but still, from what little I have learned in the forum regarding tooling processes, less parts means less cost. Surely this would cost less than tooling a new figure?

Maybe someone with a greater knowledge of the process could correct me, but this seems like a no-brainer to me? Come on Super7, we need a CC Slime Pit for Hordak's Lair!!!
    I totally agree with you ! It would be a nice waiting thing for Snake Mountain

• Pit
    • Claw
    • Wall
    • Jaw
    • Face
    • Skull Cap

What about a Build-A-Figure type system where 3 Club Grayskull and 3 Classics figures come with a piece of the Slime Pit?

What about a Build-A-Figure type system where 3 Club Grayskull and 3 Classics figures come with a piece of the Slime Pit?
    Don’t give them any ideas. Not all of us collect both lines. Moreover, the parts of a Classics Slime Pit shouldn’t come with Club Grayskull figures as these are two different lines with different aesthetics.
    Awesome sticker included!

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar

• Pit
    • Claw
    • Wall
    • Jaw
    • Face
    • Skull Cap

It is very true! First, the appealing S7 seems to cultivate towards the slime; second (and as you said yourself), the few parts necessary for the making of this diorama.

I'd even be tempted to boldy speculate by saying that the Horde Mummy concept (well ranked or not!), was a no brainer to them anyway, if one take in account S7's logo for instance. I mean, seriously, mascots speak for themselves.
    Last edited by OnlyOneSkeletor; June 24, 2018 at 07:20am.
    NEW EP "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Flee The Moon" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT8qrmaFmq0

Quote Originally Posted by DrumMaster View Post
    I totally agree with you ! It would be a nice waiting thing for Snake Mountain
    My thoughts exactly - the perfect sweetener for us fans; more time and experience to master Snake Mountain for S7; potentially a great profit maker for S7! Winners as far as the eye can see! (Except for the Great Rebellion perhaps - )

- - - Updated - - -

I like the idea... but, I fear it would be a missed sales opportunity. I'm sure a CC update of such an iconic and instantly recognisable vintage playset, that oozes more nostalgia than it does slime would be a huge draw to those customers who ended their collections with Matty's final releases. It would be a must-have for many non-regular or former collectors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    Don’t give them any ideas. Not all of us collect both lines. Moreover, the parts of a Classics Slime Pit shouldn’t come with Club Grayskull figures as these are two different lines with different aesthetics.
    Fair point, well presented!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    I'd even be tempted to boldy speculate by saying that the Horde Mummy concept (well ranked or not!), was a no brainer to them anyway, if one take in account S7's logo for instance. I mean, seriously, mascots speak for themselves.
    I hadn't made the connection between Wrap Trap and Mummy Boy, but I see your train of thought!

I like the idea... but, I fear it would be a missed sales opportunity. I'm sure a CC update of such an iconic and instantly recognisable vintage playset, that oozes more nostalgia than it does slime would be a huge draw to those customers who ended their collections with Matty's final releases. It would be a must-have for many non-regular or former collectors.
    Agreed.

Even though CC and CG are supposed to be separate lines, S7 has apparently lost that memo... besides, the uber-cool Slime Pit transcends separated lines and would just be cool to have no matter which line you collect.

Also, if this was the only way for it to happen, I'd be fine with it... it's certainly better than not getting it, no?

Agreed.

Even though CC and CG are supposed to be separate lines, S7 has apparently lost that memo... besides, the uber-cool Slime Pit transcends separated lines and would just be cool to have no matter which line you collect.
    CC + CG + Blurred lines = a tired debate I want no part of... but yes, I'd agree Slime Pit could transcend both lines, although I'm sure many CG purists would disagree passionately. Collecting both, either would work for me.

Also, if this was the only way for it to happen, I'd be fine with it... it's certainly better than not getting it, no?
    No arguments here!

Professor SkeleTorbeck Streamside's Avatar
    I'm sure a CC update of such an iconic and instantly recognisable vintage playset, that oozes more nostalgia than it does slime would be a huge draw to those customers who ended their collections with Matty's final releases.
    Man, even a MUSCLE sized version of this would be sweet - and the muscle figures are easy to clean!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

Heroic Warrior

• Pit
    • Claw
    • Wall
    • Jaw
    • Face
    • Skull Cap

I seem to recall that back when it was first announced that Super 7 was taking over, they talked about having access to some of the original tooling for the original line as well. If that was the case, and the original tooling was available, then upscaling the Slime Pit could be as simple as a taller wall and longer claw.

Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    I seem to recall that back when it was first announced that Super 7 was taking over, they talked about having access to some of the original tooling for the original line as well. If that was the case, and the original tooling was available, then upscaling the Slime Pit could be as simple as a taller wall and longer claw.
    You may be right, but I would still love to see a CC upgrade...

Quote Originally Posted by Clay man View Post
    This thing is actually a bit taller then grayskull, all made of high quality resin, hope you like it.
    Attachment 107469
    Attachment 107470
    Attachment 107471
    Attachment 107472
    Attachment 107473
    Attachment 107474
    Attachment 107475
    Attachment 107476
    ... Like this, for example. This custom is mind-blowing!