Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 42 of 42

Thread: Bumblebee Movie

  1. #26
    Heroic Warrior He-Kal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,865
    Quote Originally Posted by mkpat View Post
    And Michael Bay couldn't do this because...???
    My guess is when the 1st Transformers came out (2007) we were still in that stupid phase when comic book characters were adapted to movies their look had to be made to not look so "silly" or whatever. X-Men is the perfect example of this with the stupid black leather suits that unfortunately caused us to never see Logan in Blue and Yellow. Now, with Iron-Man, Avengers etc, studios seem to have realized the general public are fine with these characters looking more like their original iterations. Hopefully, this movie will do very well and we will see more of this. Just imagine if that He-Man movie actually comes out and it looks more like the cartoon too!

    Update:
    WOW--Just saw there's an international trailer out too and it's even better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QCLe-LBgKI

    Well played Hasbro: You have just sold me on seeing my First Transformers Movie in a theater.
    Last edited by He-Kal; September 25, 2018 at 08:18pm.

  2. #27
    Guardian of Grayskull zodak74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Point Dread
    Posts
    13,866
    I wrote the Transformers movies off after the second one, and almost didn't watch this trailer... but - human element aside- it looks like a ton of fun! It's nice to see them look like their familiar selves... if only because I thought the designs were an incomprehensible mess in the Bay movies I saw. Their robot forms look like they have some "ooomph" to them now.

  3. #28
    Life is good Dice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,959
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    My guess is when the 1st Transformers came out (2007) we were still in that stupid phase when comic book characters were adapted to movies their look had to be made to not look so "silly" or whatever. X-Men is the perfect example of this with the stupid black leather suits that unfortunately caused us to never see Logan in Blue and Yellow. Now, with Iron-Man, Avengers etc, studios seem to have realized the general public are fine with these characters looking more like their original iterations. Hopefully, this movie will do very well and we will see more of this. Just imagine if that He-Man movie actually comes out and it looks more like the cartoon too!

    Update:
    WOW--Just saw there's an international trailer out too and it's even better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QCLe-LBgKI

    Well played Hasbro: You have just sold me on seeing my First Transformers Movie in a theater.
    This is looking better and better!

  4. #29
    Master of Physics VZX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,091
    Yes, this is definitely my number one most anticipated movie, more than Avengers or Star Wars. I'm really jazzed about Transformers done right! The G1 designs are just perfect. I think that they look more scary and intimidating than the Bay designs, which looked like a crappy Bionicle.

    I also love the Iron Giant-like story. That part when Bee fixes Charlie's hair on the beach is so darn charming and heart warming, it just oozes with Speilberg-like feels. Also, the fact that Bumblebee will be a main character in his own movie is another plus. The Transformers were always side characters in their own movie in the Bay versions. Last, I can tell, even in the quick cuts of the Bumblebee trailer, what was happening during the action. In the Bay versions, all the action looked like a bunch of metal parts being smacked together.

    All in all this looks like a step in the right direction for Transformers. My one fear is that it will be smothered by all the other movies coming out in December and might not turn a profit. If that happens, Paramount might blame the G1 designs and feel-good story and never do them again. Here's hoping that doesn't happen.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

  5. #30
    Heroic Warrior Krueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    3,568
    I think they're going to go down the X-Men: First Class route with this one. It is a prequel to the existing films, but it’s going to act as its own (hopefully) franchise. If it’s a success I expect it to gradually move further and further away from the Bay series. Already, just by the visual look of it, its night and day. The word is, via people in the know on Twitter, that its actually getting quite good buzz and is a pretty good film. Wouldn't it be amazing to have a Transformers film that isn't just commercially successful, but also critically? Never had that before. My worry is, that if it’s a success, Paramount may give Bay another shot at directing a Transformers film. I hope and pray that never happens. Travis Knight is clearly a fan (or at least has serious affection for it), whereas Bay, from day one, didn't seem to have anything but contempt for the brand.

  6. #31
    Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Posts
    2,924
    I have a problem with this film in that fact that the Cybertron scenes barely look as good as the animation from the High Moon video games, Transformers: War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron. Also, is this a reboot of the Bayformers, because it's well established that the Autobots and Decepticons did NOT have G1 inspired bodies on Cybertron.

    Believe me, I'm glad they've made the bots look completely identifiable to who they are supposed to be, the Masterpiece toyline has shown that there was no reason they couldn't have made them look the way they should and have awesome robot forms.

    These trailers edited by Grimbot the 3rd with G1 voices and soundtrack are the epitome of awesomeness. And no stupid human element messing up a TRANSFORMERS story




    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

  7. #32
    Cheap Repaint FAKER II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,221
    I pretty much wrote off the movie continuity. But I have to admit that the trailer makes this look like an enjoyable movie. Seeing the robot designs makes me hope for an eventual straight up reboot.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

    "The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

  8. #33
    Human Mutant Power! carlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    10,116
    no no no thanks
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

    Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

  9. #34
    Heroic Warrior He-Kal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,865
    The one thing that has me concerned that I have noticed watching the trailers: the Decepticons and Bumblebee seem more Bay-esque like on Earth but more G-1 esque (past events?) on Cyberton. Could we see a situation where the bots come to earth and take on a more Bay-verse appearance?

  10. #35
    Life is good Dice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,959
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    The one thing that has me concerned that I have noticed watching the trailers: the Decepticons and Bumblebee seem more Bay-esque like on Earth but more G-1 esque (past events?) on Cyberton. Could we see a situation where the bots come to earth and take on a more Bay-verse appearance?
    If you look at the Bay-verse design vs. what we're seeing in trailers I think they've done a good job toning him down without over doing it. That will probably be the case with all the bots.

  11. #36
    Court Magician Palazzolor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    65
    I just wonder if what we see in the trailer won't be his final form. I have a hunch he will eventually look like he looked in the Michael Bay films. Many people really liked Michael Bay's version of Bumblebee in design and the role he played and I just wonder if this toned down look is just a beginning phase.

  12. #37
    "I like Santa!" Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    12,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Palazzolor View Post
    I just wonder if what we see in the trailer won't be his final form. I have a hunch he will eventually look like he looked in the Michael Bay films. Many people really liked Michael Bay's version of Bumblebee in design and the role he played and I just wonder if this toned down look is just a beginning phase.
    He started out in roughly this design at the beginning of the first Bay movie, and then when Shia Lebouf made some comment about the car style, Bumblebee went and copies a more sporty car that was new at the time and used as a cross promotion.

    So unless they plan to change him back to this again by the end of the film, he will likely be this way the whole time, I would imagine.
    ____________________________________________

  13. #38
    Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Posts
    2,924
    Bay's version of Bumblebee was a 1976 Chevy Camaro when he was first bought by Sam. Later, when Megan Fox's character asked why a super advanced robot changed into a "piece of crap Camaro" Bumblebee took offense and scanned a 2009 Camaro conveniently driving by in the same color scheme.

    Seems out of character for BB to choose another junk form by the end of this new movie.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

  14. #39
    Heroic Warrior Neophron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,503
    After watching the trailer I realized that the designs of Optimus Prime and Shockwave are somewhat similar to their cartoon versions.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

  15. #40
    Life is good Dice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,959
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Bay's version of Bumblebee was a 1976 Chevy Camaro when he was first bought by Sam. Later, when Megan Fox's character asked why a super advanced robot changed into a "piece of crap Camaro" Bumblebee took offense and scanned a 2009 Camaro conveniently driving by in the same color scheme.

    Seems out of character for BB to choose another junk form by the end of this new movie.
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying but isn't that what Prime did between part 3 and part 4?

    Plus this new relationship with the female lead seems to be much more supportive and caring. I'm doubting she'll criticize his form and may be perfectly happy with it. Maybe there's a chance though that after seeing him go to "battle mode" in the trailer, that he has an alternative transformation mode as well?

  16. #41
    Heroic Warrior IceyCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Castle Chill
    Posts
    939
    My family is super excited about it, so I will end up watching it. Well when it comes out streaming. It takes an act of God to get me into a theater these days.
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

  17. #42
    "I like Santa!" Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    12,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Bay's version of Bumblebee was a 1976 Chevy Camaro when he was first bought by Sam. Later, when Megan Fox's character asked why a super advanced robot changed into a "piece of crap Camaro" Bumblebee took offense and scanned a 2009 Camaro conveniently driving by in the same color scheme.

    Seems out of character for BB to choose another junk form by the end of this new movie.
    It all depends on what direction they are going with this. There are rumors of this being something of a soft reboot to take things in a new direction (hence the more traditional designs), and if that is the case, then not everything will necessarily line up with the previous films going foward (not that they were all that great with continuity anyway). Bumblebee is already similar to the Bay version in most respects (same face, still doesn't talk, etc.) I'm not saying that definitely won't have him change the kind of vehicle that he is, but I wouldn't be surprised if they left it alone either.
    ____________________________________________

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •