Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bumblebee Movie

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar

Bumblebee Movie

First trailer looks good (I think this is a soft re-boot)

And one BIG Surprise......

I was wondering when they were going to make the sequel...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

This could be fun....but I've been burned before. (Stung?)
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Transformers characters Optimus Prime, Barricade and Starscream will also appear in this film while wrestler John Cena stars as Agent Burns, the leader of Sector Seven.

Hailee Steinfeld and Cena at the filming set of Bumblebee
    Last edited by Neophron; June 8, 2018 at 10:12pm.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Heroic Warrior
    Well, this franchise has made a tradition of suckering me in with something that looks or sounds awesome and then royally disappointing me.

That in mind... This looks kind of awesome

Haven't seen enough to be sold on it yet... but the more G1-esque style robot bodies is a huge step in the right direction.

This looks good to me! Maybe because it'll focus on one character instead of multiple it can have a little more depth and still be a great action film.

No one noticed Starscream?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    No one noticed Starscream?

Yep. I noticed him... and more importantly, I RECOGNIZED him!!! Which quite frankly is a first for this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Yep. I noticed him... and more importantly, I RECOGNIZED him!!! Which quite frankly is a first for this franchise.
    Amen, Phantom.

I am optimistic, but I will still wait until it is streaming. I am not sure there is a movie that would make me enter a theater again. Drive In, maybe.

I guess alot of people don't get that this a prequel (flashback) and a more G1 version of the TF which I love!

After seeing these years ago they COULD do it like this:

They had a Starscream one too but cannot find it...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    I guess alot of people don't get that this a prequel (flashback) and a more G1 version of the TF which I love!

After seeing these years ago they COULD do it like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAX3y-HBCFk

They had a Starscream one too but cannot find it...
    Having skin and a recognizable face structure goes a LONG way. I really, REALLY hated it in the first one where Optimus and... someone got into a fight with just pipes and exposed wires flailing around madly and I didn't have a clue what I was watching. The CGI has gotten a bit better over time, but the 'designs' haven't.

The designs don't have to be IDENTICAL to the G1 years... but the face, the vehicle, the paint scheme... there are some overall consistancies that characters like Soundwave and Starscream and all the rest have had that make them look unique and recognizable for 30 years regardless of cartoon, toys, comics... that the movies just failed on. There's a lot of updating and modernizing that can be done that keeps the core robot recognizable.

This one... 'looks' pretty good so far.

Wow, very impressed by the look of that. That trailer contained more emotion than the entirety of the Bay films put together. Seriously. The animation on Bumblebee when he was cowering in the garage was top notch. I think this could be one to look out for.

And yeah, some people are saying that's not Starscream. But....the design. Why give him Starcream's design, but then give him another name? Must be Starscream. Even the sides of the helmet look spot on. See Mr. Bay, it’s really not that hard.

Very impressed so far. For the first time since 2011, I'm actually looking forward to a Transformers film.

This...

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    This could be fun....but I've been burned before. (Stung?)
    If Sting (the singer) retires does that means people going to call him Stung now?

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    If Sting (the singer) retires does that means people going to call him Stung now?
    Sting (as a name used by a singer) is a word used as a noun and not a verb, therefore he will always be referred to as Sting after he retires.

Yes, i know it's a joke, and I'm also just being hilarious but maybe failing miserably in doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Wow, very impressed by the look of that. That trailer contained more emotion than the entirety of the Bay films put together. Seriously. The animation on Bumblebee when he was cowering in the garage was top notch. I think this could be one to look out for.

And yeah, some people are saying that's not Starscream. But....the design. Why give him Starcream's design, but then give him another name? Must be Starscream. Even the sides of the helmet look spot on. See Mr. Bay, it’s really not that hard.

Very impressed so far. For the first time since 2011, I'm actually looking forward to a Transformers film.
    Same here man
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post

I agree, it took 11 years for movie Transformers to be recongnized as known Transformers:

Last edited by Rhanen; June 12, 2018 at 02:18pm.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    I might actually see this one.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Oh, I noticed "Starscream," but considering how he considers himself to be the best of the seekers, I find it hard to believe he choose to use the F-4 Phantom as his alt-mode in 1987-8 (date assumed given the release date of a certain Astley song), rather than the more advanced and modern F-15 look
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Oh, I noticed "Starscream," but considering how he considers himself to be the best of the seekers, I find it hard to believe he choose to use the F-4 Phantom as his alt-mode in 1987-8 (date assumed given the release date of a certain Astley song), rather than the more advanced and modern F-15 look
    Good point sir

I just noticed that Bumblebee has at least 2 forms in this movie. Hopefully he has the VW for most of it.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

https://youtu.be/lcwmDAYt22k I didn't think I'd say it, but for the first time I'm super excited to see a Transformers film after watching this trailer. G1 designs This is what we have been waiting for

This could not look any more perfect.

Attached Images Attached Images

And Michael Bay couldn't do this because...???
    My post count just got bigger.

This is weird. I mean those TF designs looks amazing to us fans from the 80s and it makes sense since this movie take place in that specific era. I dont know, one can only hope they have learned by their mistakes and that a gigantic blockbuster cinematic franchise does not awlays translate into quality or create some sort of legacy and affection for the property for years to come .
    Still nowadays I really cant explain where the Bayformers main goal was if not create a visual spectacle and keeping the TF brand alive to sell more toys no one purchased anyway (kids more and more interested in videogames).
    It would be interesting to get to know if there will be a Soundwave or Primus in a Bumblebee movie line, we have MP but more of the G1 in toy form the better!
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."