Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: SDCC 2018 exclusive CG Prince Adam from Super7

SDCC 2018 exclusive CG Prince Adam from Super7

Updated August 22, 2018

Pixel Dan is back with a new review! This time he takes a look at the CG Filmation Laughing Prince Adam SDCC 2018 exclusive from Super7. Check it out:

-------------------------------
    Updated July 9, 2018

From Super7:
    "As previously announced, the Laughing Prince Adam 8-inch figure will be available at our Hordak's Lair pop-up event during Comic-Con International. However, in response to the avalanche of interest we received, for those who cannot attend Comic-Con a pre-order for Laughing Prince Adam is open now until Sunday, July 22nd. The price is $35 per figure which is the same as it will be in San Diego.

IMPORTANT NOTE: There will NOT be a pick up option for pre-orders at Comic-Con or Hordak's Lair. The figures that are pre-ordered online will be received in October when they are shipped from our factory. The pre-orders will be made to order and the existing Laughing Prince Adam stock will only be available during San Diego Comic-Con for in-person purchases only.

By doing this we hope that everyone who wants to bring Laughing Prince Adam into their lives can do so.

By the Power of Grayskull!
    Team Super7"

Click here to pre-order Prince Adam.

Updated July 2, 2018:

From Super7:

"HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA! When we announced the Laughing Prince Adam 5.5-inch Figure as part of our San Diego Comic-Con exclusives we honestly were not prepared for the avalanche of interest and coverage it received! Because of all the advance love for Laughing Prince Adam we've adjusted his arrival a bit.

As previously announced, Laughing Prince Adam will be available at our Hordak's Lair pop-up event during San Diego Comi-Con. However, for those who cannot attend Comic-Con we are launching a pre-order for Laughing Prince Adam on Monday, July 9th that will close on Sunday, July 22nd. The price is $35 per figure which is the same as it will be in San Diego. A link to the pre-order site will be posted and shared next Monday.

IMPORTANT NOTE: There will NOT be a pick up option for pre-orders at Comic-Con or the Hordak's Lair Pop-Up Event. The figures that are pre-ordered online will be received in October when they are shipped from our factory. The pre-orders will be made to order and the existing Laughing Prince Adam stock will only be available during San Diego Comic-Con for in-person purchases only.

By doing this we hope that everyone who wants to bring Laughing Prince Adam into their lives can do so.

Thanks,
    Team Super7"

From Super7:

"Happy MOTU Monday! Super7 is feeling a little peculiar...

What's going on?

Laughing Prince Adam figure! Exclusively at the Hordak's Lair pop-up event during San Diego Comic Con!

Features include:
    • New Laughing head sculpt inspired by the viral video
    • new pink power sword
    • rainbow glitter packaging

Wake up in the morning and step outside on July 18th-19th and stop by Hordak's lair (located at 701 8th Avenue) to pick up this elusive figure! Inspired by this popular YouTube video."

Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

Heroic Warrior sandrockgundam04's Avatar
    Whew, this Adam is going to be a nightmare to get, being exclusive to the Hordak's Lair pop up shop. Looks pretty solid though, I assume a regular Adam can't be far behind at this point.

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    I hope it comes with an alternative normal looking head. Or maybe we are getting a normal Adam soon?

Last edited by KelvAcos; June 25, 2018 at 06:14pm.
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

I'm sure there will be a regular Adam release as well, but I will definitely want to try to get this exclusive too!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Heroic Warrior sandrockgundam04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KelvAcos View Post
    I hope it comes with an alternative normal looking head. Or maybe we are getting a normal Adam soon?
    Doesn't appear to. And honestly they're asking for trouble if the only way to get Filmation Adam is via this extremely limited pop up shop event.

Quote Originally Posted by sandrockgundam04 View Post
    Doesn't appear to. And honestly they're asking for trouble if the only way to get Filmation Adam is via this extremely limited pop up shop event.
    I'm sure there will be a standard version of Adam coming in wave 3. Otherwise they would've included the standard head here. It's an excellent way to have an exclusive of this character that's not too different than the standard one.(again, only speculating but now we know they have an Adam mold)

He is gonna be hard to get, I need one
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

No, no, totally a lame idea
    to have a filmation adam? yeah, I'm down for it would be cool but this?
    my gosh in a time when the Mamoa's Aquaman movie still need to win audiences over past laughable internet jokes and restore credibility, here we have He-Man still attached to the same old thing [facepalm]. Plus What heck is laughin at?
    give me a CC songster before this
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."

I dig this one.. id love to get my hands on this guy..
    GIMME TOYS!-

"I like Santa!" Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I hope there will be some way to get this outside of the convention (without paying absurd prices on ebay).

Huh. Great if another regular Adam is coming, perfect exclusive.
    I personally have no interest in this but happy for those that like him!

But if this is the only Adam we get I’ll be peeved.

OMG I don't know weather to laugh or cry

Well No way Super7 can say that they can't reissue Filmation He-Man now. They have his complete buck minus his head and harness.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    Huh. Great if another regular Adam is coming, perfect exclusive.
    I personally have no interest in this but happy for those that like him!

But if this is the only Adam we get I’ll be peeved.
    I'm sure a Regular CG prince adam release will show up as one of the four figures in a wave.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

Oh my God.

It’s so incredible.

I want this so, so, SOOOO bad. I’m not going to SDCC, but I’m desperate to get this. I have to get it.

Wasn't this something that was apparently talked about a while back? I think it looks pretty cool and while its something I wouldn't mind having its not something I desperately need, especially as I don't appear to have any way of getting it.
    Last edited by felgekarp; June 25, 2018 at 07:05pm.

Heroic Warrior
    That wig ..and that short vest...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I can only imagine seeing these on eBay....starting at about 1000 bucks a pop.
    Odd Man Out

Man, these rumors going around are dead on of late. I also thought this was a dropped con item by Mattel when Matty went bust? As long is the normal face is coming which is all but certain...this is looking like a great time for motu.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Interesting, it's the firts time that an official motu media take this parody on an official way.(Forgive the redundancy)

On the one hand it's a good thing, motu will get a great exposure because it's a very viral video, on the other hand motu is officially a joke.

Howewer the figure is brilliant.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't like that a Masters of the Universe Classics figure is so limited to get !

Nice idea for an exclusive. Still would like some Collectors Choice stuff though... Filmation is not my thing.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    Interesting, it's the firts time that an official motu media take this parody on an official way.(Forgive the redundancy)

On the one hand it's a good thing, motu will get a great exposure because it's a very viral video, on the other hand motu is officially a joke.

Howewer the figure is brilliant.
    This was done way back in 2010 with the Mo-Larr vs Skeletor set and again in 2014 with Bany Skeletor. This isn't the first time we've had joke MOTU items.

Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Quote Originally Posted by king.of.grayskull View Post
    I don't like that a Masters of the Universe Classics figure is so limited to get !
    Super7 has put leftovers of their exclusives online after SDCC in the past, so we don't know yet it non-attendees will be able to get it or not.

Heroic Warrior
    LOVE THIS and the packaging? SHUT UP! Totally blindsided with this! And the teaser in time for Pride month? OUTSTANDING! Thank you so much Super7!

Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    LOVE THIS and the packaging? SHUT UP! Totally blindsided with this! And the teaser in time for Pride month? OUTSTANDING! Thank you so much Super7!
    I didn't think about a Pride month tie-in! Now this is an even cooler idea.

I love when MOTU embraces the jokes like this, and how did with Mo-Larr a few years back.