Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: SDCC 2018 exclusive CG Prince Adam from Super7

I ****ing love it. Let me say officially that all the bad blood that built up for me about those 2 packs they just released has been wiped away. Thank you, Super 7. This is hands down, the best MOTU classics figure to date. And thank you for the pride colors. You guys are awesome, and I'm glad the line is in your hands.

Also, I don't get the negative comments. MOTU, and especially filmation, have always been pretty gay. There have even been threads on here about it. You don't like it? That's cool. But it's no gayer than 80% of MOTU.

Heroic Warrior
    Can't wait for a fully-articulated Cringer!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    I’ve been a huge supporter for S7 but if this isn’t offered to non attendees Brian and S7 will drop seriously in my support and defense of them. Laughing Adam is as or more iconic than regular Adam in the cartoon

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, roboto, shadow weaver, entrapta , adora, moss man, stratos, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

I hope we get a regular version of Prince Adam at some point. I remember the rumors a couple years back about this being a SDCC exclusive. I know the original show had a certain amount of campiness to it, but I'm not a big fan of the youtube video.

Heroic Warrior
    Even if we get a regular release odds are he won’t come with laughing head which is just as necessary as his regular head. Super7 needs to address this. If it will be available to non attendees? If another Adam will be released? Will he come with the laughing head? How much will it be? Etc. Super7 is bad at keeping fans in the loop by throwing things just out there with no details

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, roboto, shadow weaver, entrapta , adora, moss man, stratos, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

I really hope this shows up on their web store. I've had this as my ring tone for the last 8 years and am so stoked it's getting a figure.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by lovable-bill View Post
    I really hope this shows up on their web store. I've had this as my ring tone for the last 8 years and am so stoked it's getting a figure.
    4 non-blondes and he man = pop culture nirvana lol

And S7 hinted they couldn’t let the cat out of the bag with regards to their sdcc item —more like out of the closet lol. It’s a joke and I’m bi so don’t start breaking out pitchforks

The Adam is EXCELLENT! Also loving the Reaction exclusive! Wow! HOMERUN! ALL CAPS! YAY!
    Thundercats Hooooooooooo!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Hoping this gets an online release for non-attendees.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    Good, correct ankles, but WRONG loincloth.
    I hope they fix it in the regular version of Adam and He-Man if they eventually re-release it.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...2&d=1529971330
    I was forget it, with the correct sword and correct vest too.

Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Will non attendees be able to order this from super 7
    That's the question that we are all asking.

I might be done if I miss out on this one. Hope they have enough to sell online.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Looks as though this will be exclusive to the Horde Lair at SDCC.
    If Super7 do it right, the exclusive part will be the packaging and laughing head whilst the regular release would be packed with regular Adam head on its buck and the lauging head in the blister.
    However if its already produced for sale at SDCC, then i dont see S7 doing a preorder for a second run of an Adam figure. His regular version quantities may be limited.

Disappointing as living in Australia, im not prepared to spend thousands of dollars to attend SDCC or hundreds of dollars to get it on ebay.

Best solution would be to make this available on their website for everyone.

Come on Super7. Give us more details and make the right choices for availability for a worldwide, dedicated collector fanbase.

Heroic Warrior
    I can't imagine Super7 would do this and then NOT do a basic Adam, so I have to assume one's coming sooner rather than later.

This is a great idea for an exclusive, assuming regular Adam's en route. And one on which I can pass.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    If it doesn't, S7 should expect a lot of ****** off fans. Not good for business. A Con-exclusive can be an item specially made to celebrate the event, but it doesn't need to and shouldn't exclude others who would otherwise buy it were they able to go to the Con. I know this is a debatable issue, but that's the side of it that I'm on.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldBlade6 View Post
    If it doesn't, S7 should expect a lot of ****** off fans. Not good for business. A Con-exclusive can be an item specially made to celebrate the event, but it doesn't need to and shouldn't exclude others who would otherwise buy it were they able to go to the Con. I know this is a debatable issue, but that's the side of it that I'm on.
    Agreed 1000%. My days of defending Brian and S7 will be over if this isn’t available to non attendees which are the bulk of MOTU purchasers

The punch line of the video is: He's gay.
    Or let me put it like this: Would you laugh at a black man just because he's black?

Think about that for a second.
    Think really hard.
    Brings doom to MOTUC with cel accuracy.

Hope this is for non attendees too

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    If not, I'll still be happy, as long as Adam is released later, WITH this alternate head. Just have the packaging as the unique part of it. This laughing face is extremely common in the cartoon, so I'd really like to have it. But, if they release Adam later without this head, I will be pretty annoyed.

Wow I’m impressed they pulled off a laughing head very well. I’d have thought it would have been a disaster.

Pretty good idea for a limited exclusive. Can’t image everyone will want this and it’s a sure thing a less fab Prince Adam is on it’s way. I just hope we get a laughing head included with whatever head they plan on using. That laughing head really works well.

Heroic Warrior
    I have to think if S7 produced this filmation Adam that they also produced a regular release Adam. I don’t see them producing this st the factory then going into production again down the line for another run for Adam given a small company like S7 would probably choose to maximize the paints, colored plastic etc.

S7 is foolish to not clarify ASAP details on Adam. Be it price? If will be available to non attendees? Will there be another Adam in different packaging? If so what will it come and not come with?

By remaining silent just engendering bad press

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    If not, I'll still be happy, as long as Adam is released later, WITH this alternate head. Just have the packaging as the unique part of it. This laughing face is extremely common in the cartoon, so I'd really like to have it. But, if they release Adam later without this head, I will be pretty annoyed.
    Cheers bro

Had no idea the demand for Prince Adam was so great! Really? This toy looks fantastic, too bad I probably will never be able to own it.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Had no idea the demand for Prince Adam was so great! Really? This toy looks fantastic, too bad I probably will never be able to own it.
    He’s as much of an A list character as he man Teela or skeletor. He was in every episode. He appeared in the intro. And he had a vintage figure. Plus his look is as different to his vintage counterpart as clawful, tongue lashor or evil Lyn

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer82 View Post
    While I do like that this exclusive is something you could both enjoy having, or live without, I will be a bit irritated if it isn't offered beyond Hordaks Lair at SDCC.

Usually with Comic Con exclusives, I'm happy either way. if it's offered to Non Attendees great, if not, fine. After all, it is a SDCC exclusive.

But with MOTUC's, this line only exists, and has only made it as far as at has, from die hard fans who have gone above and beyond to support it. And I know fans support each and every line with their purchase even if it's something you find easily at retail. But again, MOTUC is very different.

We as fans spent Hundreds or even thousands of dollars per year, having to sub to an entire years subscription to help keep the line alive and going during the Matty years. And now with Super 7 you have to buy ALL 4 figures, even if you just want one or 2 characters of both CG and CC. And you give all that money upfront, long before you get your figures.

I got at least 4 subs a year every year from Matty, and I buy a set of 4 of each CG and CC now from Super 7, along with Multiple extras of each character. And there are many on here who have gone way beyond even that with Matty and Super 7

I have a complete collection, and have done a lot to support this line and keep it alive. So I would at least like an opportunity at the exclusive beyond going to SDCC. It's not exactly easy for me, or any of us to go to SDCC. And like I said, SDCC is a very special event, and I am overall cool with any exclusive being either offered to non attendees or not.

But with MOTUC, it has been a labor of love, time and money with us fans making a real effort to keep it alive, and have faith in either Mattel or Super 7 to do right by us after pledging so much of our money towards them.

I feel like come Comic Con time, that faith needs to be rewarded, with the opportunity to buy the SDCC exclusive figure, even if you cant attend. And Matty always made that possible. Whether it was a goof exclusive like Mo Larr, or something really cool and must need like Rokkon and Stondedar, Prince Adam and Orko, or Vykron.

I wish Super 7 would do the same.
    Well said!
    ILLUMINA TIME! !