Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: SDCC 2018 exclusive CG Prince Adam from Super7

The idea of this is great. The execution seems ok at best. How far back can he actually tilt his head? The sculpt is good, but isn't exactly a spitting image of the animation model. His tunic is so high, he is showing both belts, which is not accurate to the character or very specific source material this special figure is meant to evoke.

All of that aside, this is the first "classics" item that has the potential to be VERY hard to obtain if you are a completist. I myself can not see paying over $70 for something like this (especially if it is SUPER 7 quality, and not Mattel quality) just to see it happen again every year or more they have the license to do such a thing. The bottom line is, if these are produced in super small numbers, and there will be other figures like this every year, I will stop buying things like Powercon exclusives that I was only really buying to keep up with being a completist for. Those Powercon figures are not quite really worth what we are paying for already, since they have no accessories etc. (at least to me, as I don't think they are terrible, but not really something I need in my collection other than that they exist)

So if this is the case, and Super-7 does decide to make a few super rare and hard to get "classics" figures, they will receive less and less of my business, as I decide to only buy figures from them that are characters that I like that are executed with proper proportions, design, and quality control. Currently, they are only hitting all 3 of those criteria with less than 10% of what they are putting out. If I can't be a completeist, they will be getting at least 90% less of the money they would have gotten from me, which was up until now at least, everything they made with a few doubles here and there. I can't be the only collector who will feel this way if they are unable to keep a complete collection due to ultra rare figures.

But I think that Super-7 would rather make super rare figures than make more money, as that seems to be what they enjoy doing, so more power to them. The world needs more people deciding to do what hey want regardless of the $ dollar signs. It just means it will push me away from buying any more of what I consider sub-par looking/quality figures from them simply for completist reasons. If I knew that these super rare figures wouldn't fall apart as soon as I tried to pose them as intended, maybe I would be more inclined to pay super rare prices. But I can't justify that cost for figures made by a company with such a questionable track record.
    Last edited by darkmoon766; June 26, 2018 at 02:32am.

Heroic Warrior
    Brian was online earlier here so he has to know the irritation the lack of info is creating. Be nice if he took three minutes to give all the details on Adam and whether he will be available to fans who can’t attend.

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, roboto, shadow weaver, entrapta , adora, moss man, stratos, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Heroic Warrior
    I enjoy con exclusives. I will pay money to fly out there, to stay in a hotel, and Iíll spend my time waiting in line to get this figure. I have no problems with them offering it later in different packaging with the same or different head shown in the pose or both heads and same accessories. I donít care whatís in the box but keep the packaging different.

Heroic Warrior
    I wonder if he has a sword sheath on back of his vest. Woulda been nice to provide multiple angles of the figure in pics

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, roboto, shadow weaver, entrapta , adora, moss man, stratos, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Exclusives are fun....for the people who can get them.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I don't know if anyone has already ask this question, but...
    Is there a possibility to buy this exclusive after the SDCC maybe on Super7 shop?
    Follow me and my creations on Facebook:
    search Orsogranito GraniteBear !

Unfair SDCC Laughing Prince Adam Exclusive

This is unfair to collectors who can not make the Con. Every year there's some kind of exclusive and every year the scalpers reap the rewards while the TRUE collectors suffer. It wouldn't be so bad if the Con moved around every year from state to state so other people could have a shot at going to the Con. But since it's always there in San Diego, the same scalpers gobble everything up and charge 5X or more than what the item originally cost. It sucks my wife and I can't ever go simply because of distance, and I can't afford to take off from work to drive or fly out there. Yet, the scalpers that are there will be showing up in hordes. Is it just me, or does anyone else think it's unfair? Here's an eBay auction to show what I'm talking about.

Pretty sure Iíll just end up paying over the odds to get this (Iím in the UK). But I will, because this is an AWESOME reveal. AWESOME.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    OMG I don't know weather to laugh or cry

Well No way Super7 can say that they can't reissue Filmation He-Man now. They have his complete buck minus his head and harness.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure a Regular CG prince adam release will show up as one of the four figures in a wave.
    Just what I was thinking. Anyone place bets he's in Wave 3? Would appease the majority that can't get there to get this who don't want him laughing lol

Also ppl need to lighten up and stop being so serious. This is a hilarious nod, take it for what it is.
    Last edited by TigerBlade; June 26, 2018 at 03:52am.

Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    Pretty sure Iíll just end up paying over the odds to get this (Iím in the UK). But I will, because this is an AWESOME reveal. AWESOME.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah same here. I am now kicking myself for not grabbing that first one that went up on EBay for $78 when I first saw it.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Yeah same here. I am now kicking myself for not grabbing that first one that went up on EBay for $78 when I first saw it.
    I don’t know why people who will be going from here can’t pick up extras at cost plus shipping for fellow fans wanting them. If you’re picking up one it’s just as easy to grab four at the same time

Heroic Warrior
    Agreed. I hate sdcc exclusives. They’re overpriced and scalped. They should be available to fans who support the line throughout the year rather than once a year ridiculous

I don’t have a problem with the PowrCon exclusives because Val gets it. He understands the majority want them but for various reasons can’t attend so he is thoughtful enough to make the exact same figures available to fans who can’t attend

And until Brian comes out definitively and says he will be available to non attendees or Adam will have a regular release and WILL included the laughing head I’m put off with him and S7

It’s already bad enough that a con exclusive figure can go for more even from the retailer when its no more expensive to produce than a regularly priced figure but then to be scalped on top of that is outrageous
    Last edited by degra; June 26, 2018 at 04:17am.

I agree. They need to cater more towards the TRUE fans and not the scalpers. Collecting is supposed to be fun and relaxing, but when I see people do this, it doesn't feel fun and it angers me.

This is normal for ppl who don't live in the states. Add on extortionate postage and customs fees and I have to laugh at ppl who complain that there's a minor price increase from Matty to Super7. My heart bleeds for them.

So say they subsequently release Prince Adam with a normal head, normal packaging and the laughing head as a pack-in. Would that satisfy people?

Heroic Warrior
    Yes yes yes yes

I think this is the perfect exclusive. As with any exclusive from any collectible line there will always be the scalper problem. There's not much Super7 can do about that other than not releasing exclusives which would annoy people in the opposite direction.

Quote Originally Posted by frankorobo View Post
    This is unfair to collectors who can not make the Con. Every year there's some kind of exclusive and every year the scalpers reap the rewards while the TRUE collectors suffer. It wouldn't be so bad if the Con moved around every year from state to state so other people could have a shot at going to the Con. But since it's always there in San Diego, the same scalpers gobble everything up and charge 5X or more than what the item originally cost. It sucks my wife and I can't ever go simply because of distance, and I can't afford to take off from work to drive or fly out there. Yet, the scalpers that are there will be showing up in hordes. Is it just me, or does anyone else think it's unfair? Here's an eBay auction to show what I'm talking about.
    FWIW - I live in San Diego and I don't see a point of attending Comic Con anymore. I'll pay a decent mark-up on the convention exclusives I want. I don't have the time or money to invest in going to the show--even though I'm in town.

Unless the laughing prince adam is a really rare exclusive, I think there will be a lot more people offering it up for sale and the price will go down a lot.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Nice enough exclusive. I may try to get it.

They need to release a regular Adam down the road too.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Soothe777 View Post
    I think this is the perfect exclusive. As with any exclusive from any collectible line there will always be the scalper problem. There's not much Super7 can do about that other than not releasing exclusives which would annoy people in the opposite direction.
    No the perfect exclusive is no exclusive or do like PowerCon does by offering up the identical figure(s) to non attendees

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    No the perfect exclusive is no exclusive or do like PowerCon does by offering up the identical figure(s) to non attendees
    Well then it's not exclusive by definition.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    Well then it's not exclusive by definition.

Exactly. Exclusives are obsolete these days. No reason for them. Move on. Chase figures, one per three case figures etc aren’t needed to support today’s adult lines Maybe 20 years ago but not anymore

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Exactly. Exclusives are obsolete these days. No reason for them. Move on. Chase figures, one per three case figures etc arenít needed to support todayís adult lines Maybe 20 years ago but not anymore
    Obsolete? Says who? Funko doesn't think so. Mattel doesn't think so. Hasbro, Sideshow, Entertainment Earth, Bandai, *cough* POWER-CON *cough*

It's simply another marketing tool to create buzz and drive traffic to these events. From the company's and con organizer's perspective, there is every reason for them.

So you are upset because you don't have the money or "privilege" of spending $1500 for airfare, hotel, and passes (nevermind food and drink) just for the opportunity to stand in endless lines for hours upon hours for the *chance* of getting one of these. I guess you'll have to "settle" for spending $100 or whatever for an Ebay auction for the item in hand and guaranteed.

Manage your expectations better and you won't be so disappointed. Or don't. It doesn't affect me either way. They aren't going anywhere. I'll be there getting my Adam.

Still waiting on my Cringer!!

Quote Originally Posted by orsogranito View Post
    I don't know if anyone has already ask this question, but...
    Is there a possibility to buy this exclusive after the SDCC maybe on Super7 shop?
    Nope, you are the first person 81 posts in to ask that

Just kidding with you I couldn't resist.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    Obsolete? Says who? Funko doesn't think so. Mattel doesn't think so. Hasbro, Sideshow, Entertainment Earth, Bandai, *cough* POWER-CON *cough*

It's simply another marketing tool to create buzz and drive traffic to these events. From the company's and con organizer's perspective, there is every reason for them.

So you are upset because you don't have the money or "privilege" of spending $1500 for airfare, hotel, and passes (nevermind food and drink) just for the opportunity to stand in endless lines for hours upon hours for the *chance* of getting one of these. I guess you'll have to "settle" for spending $100 or whatever for an Ebay auction for the item in hand and guaranteed.

Manage your expectations better and you won't be so disappointed. Or don't. It doesn't affect me either way. They aren't going anywhere. I'll be there getting my Adam.

Still waiting on my Cringer!!

That’s quite an assumption. I can afford to go but that’s not my thing. I don’t care to spend four days or whatever it is in a crowded city in an even more crowded convention center in long lines that don’t move to end up missing a panel assuming you can even in get into see a panel. It’s a cluster**** and frankly don’t see how it can be any fun with what SDCC has turned into. Doesn’t sound like a satisfying experience to me. I’d rather experience the good parts like figure reveals like marvel legends from afar thanks to extensive online reporting that gets the information and pics much more efficiently.

But if you want to pay 1500 and waste a few days to be part of that hot mess be my guest. And I wouldn’t count my chickens before they hatch. Just being there doesn’t guarantee you’ll be getting an Adam Plenty of people walk away enpty habded each year from sdcc. Just sayin’
    Last edited by degra; June 26, 2018 at 08:47am.