Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: SDCC 2018 exclusive CG Prince Adam from Super7

I'm on the fence with exclusives now. On one hand it creates buzz and MAYBE new customers. It also allows companies to offer items retail would and or could never take. The Neca turtles set was worst than Matty sale days but the only way they can offer that is at a convention. With this figure,buzz will be very high....will new customers come from this....probably not....but they might pick up some that they have lost over the years. I am hearing a regular version will happen but not with the laughing head.....is that correct?

Well,enough with my rambling....as long as he gets a normal release,I have no issue with not owning this version.

Also,I just watched that video on YouTube for the first time. Kind of feels like it's making fun of Adam. But I guess there is no such thing as bad press.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Prince Adam, this exclusives or the eventual regular Adam, i just hope i can get one.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Thatís quite an assumption. I can afford to go but thatís not my thing. I donít care to spend four days or whatever it is in a crowded city in an even more crowded convention center in long lines that donít move to end up missing a panel assuming you can even in get into see a panel. Itís a cluster**** and frankly donít see how it can be any fun with what SDCC has turned into. Doesnít sound like a satisfying experience to me. Iíd rather experience the good parts like figure reveals like marvel legends from afar thanks to extensive online reporting that gets the information and pics much more efficiently.

But if you want to pay 1500 and waste a few days to be part of that hot mess be my guest. And I wouldnít count my chickens before they hatch. Just being there doesnít guarantee youíll be getting an Adam Plenty of people walk away enpty habded each year from sdcc. Just sayiní
    So you made the decision not to go which in turn will send you to scalpers if you want the figure. You made your choice, but still feel entitled. Gimme gimme gimme.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Personally I don't like this figure, because more than a joke, it's derision at the main character of MOTU. However, it complies to the exclusive concept as someone said.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Thatís quite an assumption. I can afford to go but thatís not my thing. I donít care to spend four days or whatever it is in a crowded city in an even more crowded convention center in long lines that donít move to end up missing a panel assuming you can even in get into see a panel. Itís a cluster**** and frankly donít see how it can be any fun with what SDCC has turned into. Doesnít sound like a satisfying experience to me. Iíd rather experience the good parts like figure reveals like marvel legends from afar thanks to extensive online reporting that gets the information and pics much more efficiently.

But if you want to pay 1500 and waste a few days to be part of that hot mess be my guest. And I wouldnít count my chickens before they hatch. Just being there doesnít guarantee youíll be getting an Adam Plenty of people walk away enpty habded each year from sdcc. Just sayiní
    Jun-Yor is correct IMO.
    So in a nutshell you basically want this figure to be as easily obtainable as anything else for your own convenience. This is an agree to disagree situation. You want the rewards of attending a Con without actually going to the Con because it's not a pleasant experience for you. "Waste"?
    If you don't want to go to the Con and spend "$1500" then spend the extra $20 on eBay in a couple months or have someone grab it for you. But no, you literally want Super7 to deliver it to your door like it's a figure of the month from 2010. Whaaaaaaaat? LOL
    Thundercats Hooooooooooo!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by AntiEternia He-Man View Post
    So you made the decision not to go which in turn will send you to scalpers if you want the figure. You made your choice, but still feel entitled. Gimme gimme gimme.
    Yeah I do feel entitled. I supported the Filmation line since Super7 took it over. As a fan you’d think they’d reward that by offering him to people like me online who can’t or don’t want to attend

Who says I’m going to pay scalper prices? I’ve always gotten what I wanted via determination and networking. Found the rare 1701 tapestry Star Trek Picard out of a case at toy r us for retail. Got yar at a Spencer’s gifts. Retail too. Phasing orko and wonder twins with gleek, starro spores, swamp thing with unmen via networking for cost. I’ll get this somehow for cost. These figures are already too pricey at retail anyway not about to pay exorbitant prices

I just don’t like having to go to all the extra effort in a day and age where ordering online is so efficient Place an order for a wave of figures. No fuss no headaches. Why shouldn’t it be that easy? Maybe you guys want to make things harder than they need to be.?!?!? Lol

Frankly it’d be nice �� f Brian got with it and explain what’s going on. How is the exclusive going to work. Instead all I hear are crickets.
    Last edited by degra; June 26, 2018 at 09:33am.

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, roboto, shadow weaver, entrapta , adora, moss man, stratos, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Heroic Warrior

In your fondest dreams. It's become a community of friends and fans and we help each other. It's a family reunion every year. Even if I never got any toys, I'd never feel empty handed.

But I always get my toy.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ha! Nice!

Regular Adam is on the way, and maybe a perfected filmation he-man too?

Heroic Warrior
    Hope there is a standard Adam release by S7 one day. I do not care for the head. but I love the animation accurate coloring of his clothes. Pass until a standard version [if ever] is released.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

I have 4 Non Blondes playing and now I kind of want him.
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

Court Magician
    Would be nice if they were to limit these to 1 per person and then sell any leftover online.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah I do feel entitled. I supported the Filmation line since Super7 took it over. As a fan youíd think theyíd reward that by offering him to people like me online who canít or donít want to attend.

...Iíve always gotten what I wanted via determination and networking. Found the rare 1701 tapestry Star Trek Picard out of a case at toy r us for retail. Got yar at a Spencerís gifts. Retail too. Phasing orko and wonder twins with gleek, starro spores, swamp thing with unmen via networking for cost. Iíll get this somehow for cost
    They reward your support by providing you the toys you bought. That's the business relationship.

And if you have this plan to get it for cost and/or you can network to get him for cost, what is your point? That's rhetorical by the way.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jun-Yor; June 26, 2018 at 10:08am.

Totally Dyslexic
    Meh.

As a gay person i feel like this figures is used as a joke to my expanse. I feel laughed at... don't know why. And he doesīt look like Adam. Iīm not interested.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Warrior
    First time I have seen the video - it's ok But when I see the figure, I see this as how we would see at the end of an episode - where Orko does something funny and everyone is laughing - I think we need a man-at-arms and Randor laughing head sculpt to help make the scene

ISijRv9.jpg

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    This exclusive is not my cup of tea. If Man-E-Faces, Spikor, and Chopper didn't stop me from buying more Filmation, this would. I am not really a fan of comedy figures or toys with their mouth open/expressions. It's really more of a scene than a toy.

I just hope we get more MOTUC like Stridor.

Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    Wow I’m impressed they pulled off a laughing head very well. I’d have thought it would have been a disaster.

Pretty good idea for a limited exclusive. Can’t image everyone will want this and it’s a sure thing a less fab Prince Adam is on it’s way. I just hope we get a laughing head included with whatever head they plan on using. That laughing head really works well.
    Cheers brother! Still planning on sending those pictures, but they aren't that cool, and I am a procrastinator / busy person!

I really hope the normal head isn't a re-issue of He-Man. I hope it's a smirking / smiling face, the way he appears in the intro, and countless times in the show.

Professor SkeleTorbeck Streamside's Avatar
    Frankly itíd be nice �� if Brian got with it and explain whatís going on.
    YASS! I need the sparkly backdrop too!
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

Heroic Warrior
    Nice to finally see a laughing head getting made, but it's too bad this is so exclusive. Like everyone else, I hope this means we get a regular Filmation Adam in the near future.

Hey! Super7! How about a laughing head pack so we can pose various characters laughing?
    CyberV... FOR VICTORY!

Currently on a quest to find the legendary and mythical collaborative comic artist

Heroic Warrior
    It will not be good if S7 does not make this figure available in some way to people who cannot attend SDCC.

MOTUC has a long history of making exclusives available to everyone. Sometimes there is a slight variation in the figure (clear Orko) or packaging (Queen Marlena), but everyone could get the figure.

I imagine they will release a Prince Adam figure under the Filmation banner with the standard Filmation packaging. That's all I would want as someone who can't come to SDCC. If they do that, they should include the laughing head as well.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." ó .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    I never liked the song to begin with. And I don't like the video at all, as it's used far too often to make bad "gay" jokes at the expense of the fandom. Plus, some parts of the figure seem "off" (hair looks wrong somehow, and the vest is too short for the body).
    Hence, I don't care about the exclusive. Which is totally fine, as I prefer an exclusive being this kind of variant instead of a character you never get otherwise.

And come on folks! There's no way that this will be the only Filmation Prince Adam we will ever see! I'm sure we will get a regular version sooner than later.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    The punch line of the video is: He's gay.
    Or let me put it like this: Would you laugh at a black man just because he's black?

Think about that for a second.
    Think really hard.
    I see where you are coming from, but I don't feel the same. As a gay man, I've never felt offended by the video. I love it. One could just as easily accuse Will & Grace of treating gay lives as comedy material. I don't want to live in a world where we can't laugh at ourselves, no matter our backgrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    As a gay person i feel like this figures is used as a joke to my expanse.
    I get that too. It could have been circumvented if Super 7 has included a message of support in their press release. Make this about pride month! It's not enough to imply it or leave it open to interpretation. I know many fans like to imagine that Prince Adam is gay in their own cannon. Why not acknowledge and embrace that? I honestly feel like that's what his figure is doing in some regard, while also celebrating the campiness of the Filmation cartoon. I can also see why some people would feel the opposite.

Personally I hope to get this figure. If not, I sure hope we get a Filmation Adam (and Cringer please!) in the next wave of figures. That would be awesome!
    A boy and his cat versus the world...
    http://www.jaybellbooks.com/the-cat-in-the-cradle/

I'm just not a fan of novelty or "joke" figures like this, just like I wasn't into the Molarr set.

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    Jun-Yor is correct IMO.
    So in a nutshell you basically want this figure to be as easily obtainable as anything else for your own convenience. This is an agree to disagree situation. You want the rewards of attending a Con without actually going to the Con because it's not a pleasant experience for you. "Waste"?
    If you don't want to go to the Con and spend "$1500" then spend the extra $20 on eBay in a couple months or have someone grab it for you. But no, you literally want Super7 to deliver it to your door like it's a figure of the month from 2010. Whaaaaaaaat? LOL
    Quoted for truth
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

As a collector, I have a few prized pieces. I will admit that acquiring something rare can be thrilling in a way. I know it's been exciting when I finally got a few of the rare MOTUC figures. There's also this disdain I feel when items are made so limited that they basically become scalper fodder and held hostage on Ebay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Ok Super7 just commented in their post about the Prince Adam exclusive, that it is for SDCC and anything left over will be offered on line.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.