Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PROTECTED: She-Ra and the Princesses of Power Animated Series Positivity Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    The trailer actually gives off a real epic vibe. More is at stake. There will probably be one giant narrative running through the whole series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    I am hoping for a running narrative throughout, perhaps broken up by individual victories as the Horde moves into an ultimate plan, or the Rebellion sets up for a grand battle.
    I was at the panel at NYCC and Noelle was specifically talking about serialized storytelling as an advantage they have because the show is on Netflix and they don't have to worry whether some network would show episodes in order. So, yes, it will be one narrative throughout. (I guess they might have subplots here and there, as well).

I don't know if this is technically a spoiler since it was officially announced by the showrunner but I'll err on the side of caution. In season one the story will be about:

Glimmer, Adora and Bow are trying to get all the princesses of power to unite against the Horde. There used to be an alliance of rebels in the past but it failed and all the free kingdoms of Etheria were left divided, distrustful of each other. So the three of them are trying to rebuild that, and that should mostly be the plot of season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    I was at the panel at NYCC and Noelle was specifically talking about serialized storytelling as an advantage they have because the show is on Netflix and they don't have to worry whether some network would show episodes in order. So, yes, it will be one narrative throughout. (I guess they might have subplots here and there, as well).

I don't know if this is technically a spoiler since it was officially announced by the showrunner but I'll err on the side of caution. In season one the story will be about:
    Oooh, so there's a trust issue also going on? That'll hopefully be interesting. And it does play into my problems with Token Good Guys like General Sundar. Maybe he'll get a better intro this time.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

I wonder how many one shot or two shot type characters from the original show we will see. Dylamug, Vultak, General Sundar, and some others would be cool to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I wonder how many one shot or two shot type characters from the original show we will see. Dylamug, Vultak, General Sundar, and some others would be cool to see.
    For this set-up, I could see Sundar showing up again. I detailed my feelings for him elsewhere, but done right the idea of an honorable Horde General who knows the Horde is evil but legitimately is trying to keep the terror on the common folk to a minimum might be an interesting idea.

Sadly with the apparent lack of exotic characters so far makes me think Vultak probably won't show up.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    It might depend upon what characters they're allowed to use. I could see all of them being reimagined, but I suspect we'd first see Octavia, Hunga, Leech, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Modulok, etc IF they're available to use.

The Evil Horde's ranks do seem a little thin at the moment (i.e. Hordak, Shadow Weaver, Catra and Scorpia). Especially in comparison to the larger rebellion (i.e. She-Ra, Glimmer, Bow, Sea Hawk, Entrapta, Frosta, Mermista, Spinnerella, Netossa and Perfuma).

That may be because some heroic characters will switch sides (e.g. Entrapta). Or they may be taking a slow burn approach to introducing additional Force Captains / major players in addition to the "cannon fodder" Horde Troopers. Which is probably a good idea - rather than including them all up-front and having them fail repeatedly which makes them appear incompetent and unthreatening.

I haven't yet read the whole thread, but you can count on me for POP support and enthusiasm. I don't have Netflix (yet) but I hope New POP will be released on DVD. I am a huge supporter of diversity and equality, so this new series celebrates that which is great.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Ordered netflix for this show. No remorse. It's just totally awesome. Love how characters are potrayed and their interaction. Entrapta, Mermista and Catra are pure gold and Adora is better than ever.
    Will do commissions for loose 200X Evillyn or Roboto. Guarantee: if not happy with pic, no need to send fig!

I also ordered Netflix just for New She-Ra, it just so happened that there were a few other programs on there that interest me, like 20+ seasons of Power Rangers (many I've not even seen because they didn't air here), as well as a few original DreamWorks' animated movies I've not seen, 2 spin-off WINX Club series, and a MOTU documentary.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Here's a positive take ... This is NOT my She-Ra! Not even freaking close. In fact, there were faaaaar too many liberties taken and I'm not a fan of that, in the slightest. BUT... given all that, I think this is a very well written show that will appeal to an entirely new generation of potential She-Ra fans. I actually like it. I like the animation, the voice acting and the character development.

When I watch it, I just need to remind myself of this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monikasvo View Post
    Ordered netflix for this show. No remorse. It's just totally awesome. Love how characters are potrayed and their interaction. Entrapta, Mermista and Catra are pure gold and Adora is better than ever.
    I do not like Mermista at all. But, Entraptra is possibly my favorite character and I LOVE -- L-O-V-E -- what they've done with Catra. She steals the show.