Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mattel SDCC 2018 Reveals Discussion Thread - 12" Figures & Monster High MOTU

Mattel SDCC 2018 Reveals Discussion Thread - 12" Figures & Monster High MOTU

Pixel Dan is back with a Q&A walk-through with Mattel's Brandon Sopinsky about all their SDCC 2018 reveals and more.
    NOTICE: the episode contains some adult language.

----------------------------
    Mattel unveiled a number of MOTU and POP concepts at SDCC 2018. But here's the catch: none of them are being produced.

Mattel revealed these concepts to gauge fan interest in seeing Mattel make more MOTU and POP collector items. So do YOU want to see these and more? Then it's very important that you share these photos online, and use ALL the hashtags:
    #TELLMATTEL
    #WEWANTMOREMOTU
    #WEWANTMORESHERA

It's up to us fans to share and use the hashtags. Because if we don't, then who will? The future of MOTU and POP collector product from Mattel is up to US! Don't leave it up to someone else to spread. All of us need to share this info and use these hashtags.

WHHHHHHAAAAAATTT?! You don't have more info than just that? LOL! She's awesome! Is that a SDCC Exclusive?!

- - - Updated - - -

And what's Mattel doing there with a classic style '80s Anti-Eternia He-Man?!

- - - Updated - - -

I get it... I walked into this thread just as you were uploading pics...

SLIME PIT HE-MAN?!

12" Catra, Teela, and Evil-Lyn, to go with that She-Ra from a couple years back?! Make it happen, Mattel!

PS- You think they're going to compete with Super7 with their own classic toyline continuation, or what's the deal here?

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    WHHHHHHAAAAAATTT?! You don't have more info than just that? LOL! She's awesome! Is that a SDCC Exclusive?!

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention the Slime Pit He-Man with new harness!

I'm excited that Mattel is exhibiting at Power-Con this year!

Wow! they are just great!
    No Netossa?

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I get it... I walked into this thread just as you were uploading pics...

SLIME PIT HE-MAN?!

12" Catra, Teela, and Evil-Lyn, to go with that She-Ra from a couple years back?! Make it happen, Mattel!

PS- You think they're going to compete with Super7 with their own classic toyline continuation, or what's the deal here?
    Dude not just AE He-Man, they also have a vintage style Horde Slime Pit He-Man! It is in the last pic of the original post.

Sent from my LGL56VL using Tapatalk
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties. I get comic books, novels, & ViewMaster Reels as well. If you want to discuss this stuff & other things, then PM me here on the .org. I enjoy anime, video games, & sci-fi, too. DC or Marvel, it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    Dude not just AE He-Man, they also have a vintage style Horde Slime Pit He-Man! It is in the last pic of the original post.

Sent from my LGL56VL using Tapatalk
    There's also a Skeletor with his back turned.

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Those 12" dolls are gorgeous!!!!!

Holy crow! I am not a huge fan of "dolls", but these look absolutely awesome! Wow!!!! Evil Lyn looks amazingly beautiful and evil!

From what he posted, it looks like the 12" figures are not confirmed for production yet. Fans are being encouraged to contact Mattel to show their support for them.

#WEWANTANTIETERNIAHEMAN5.5"
    #WEWANTSLIMEPITHEMAN5.5"

Also working? lol

Wow, I am digging those vintage style Slime Pit He-Man and Anti Eternia He-Man. We need more info on them and is there anything special about that Skeletor that you can only see from the rear?
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Quote Originally Posted by Greenskull View Post
    Wow, I am digging those vintage style Slime Pit He-Man and Anti Eternia He-Man. We need more info on them and is there anything special about that Skeletor that you can only see from the rear?
    I've heard rumor a couple of times that they are simply customs to promote their SDCC masks.

Alright some snake mtn pic on power and honor foundation Facebook page looks like a shortened down version, check it out

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Alright some snake mtn pic on power and honor foundation Facebook page looks like a shortened down version, check it out
    Since that's not a Mattel product, look for discussion on Snake Mountain in the Super7 reveals thread when Hordak's Lair officially opens.

Anybody else notice the Slime Pit He-Man and Anti Eternia He-Man vintage style figures in the background....?

Wow!! These all look great, I hope they get released!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

They are not something that I collect, but they are impressive. I really like them I need that Slime Pit He-man

These dolls are sweet! I really hope the crossover MOTU/MH will be greenlighted, it'd be the perfect swansong for the line (even though, thanks to the reboot, it's already pretty dead)
    Also, in the upper left corner of the third pic you can see She-ra's back!
    Last edited by nanoFatato; July 19, 2018 at 05:30am. Reason: added info

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Catra and Evil-Lyn look amazing
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

These dolls need to be made, they are amazing.
    Love my She-Ra dolls, and would love to put all of them next to her, even the Monster High one, so adorable

Heroic Warrior
    The dolls all look pretty nice. I would have preferred for Mattel to focus on releasing something a little more economical and affordable, especially in terms of international distribution, but they are all lovely.

I wonder if these get produced if they won't necessarily carry that $80 price tag that the previously-released She-Ra went for. I mean, that figure had all the different outfits and deluxe packaging. If the other 12" gals only came with one outfit (though obviously there's potential to have a 200X outfit for Evil-Lyn and classic toy version outfits for Catra) and a slimmer box, maybe the cost would come down a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Not to mention the Slime Pit He-Man with new harness!

I'm excited that Mattel is exhibiting at Power-Con this year!
    Yes, Darren teased on his instagram that they'd have more to show at Power Con. It would be great if this doll line got rebooted, especially with the new She-Ra cartoon dropping in November. Perfect time to get these off the ground.
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Last Defender of Trolla Wandering Star's Avatar
    Halfway between Trolla and Eorzea (Salem, MA)
    Fourteen-year-old me would have been chomping at the bit to get her grubby little paws on a Filmation Catra doll...!

These days, though... forty-five-year-old me can't quite jusstify the purrchase... oh, dammit!

She'd also be a good fit for the whole MH aesthetic... just sayin'.
    • IF HARMONY IS THE KEY, THEN WHAT THE FRICK IS THE LOCK?
    • Mo-Larr is canon. Montork is not. Seriously, just WHAT.
    • (This User is Powered By Sarcasm, Autism, Trollan Magic and Just Plain Stubbornness)

I want those for my daughter if opportunity permits. The past SDCC She-Ra was almost in the hands of my daughter but the only locally offered was a whopping 160usd and was sold already when I got back to the store after a couple of weeks. I guess it was not meant to be.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!