Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mattel SDCC 2018 Reveals Discussion Thread - 12" Figures & Monster High MOTU

After reading about all the QC issues folks are having with their Epic Battles 5.5" figures, I wouldn't cry if Mattel took over on that end of things with their own classic '80s-inspired MOTU line. I want figures that do more than just look good kept MOC.

Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    Commemorative She-Ra would be awesome!

So, it's confirmed...She-Ra Netflix toys are coming and they will be at retail stores! That's so exciting. I already know what I'm getting my niece for Christmas this year.

I'm really hoping Mattel reveals the new toys at Powercon Next Month.
    I have pretty good hopes about She Ra show toys. I am super excited for the new show and It is a surprise (shouldn't be I guess) that there are RETAIL Toys confirmed. Awesome!

Totally accept high action feature/playability kids toys as wonderful for children. Depending on the execution I may skip them, but if they are nice enough posable action figures, even if as simple as 5 points, and the sculpt is good enough, cool. I mean, I loved the old Batman the animated series figures and they were pretty ...well, not to standards of today, lets say.

Still awesome, something else to be excited about: SHe Ra toys in the toy aisle cross country.

After seeing more examples of the MOTU/Barbie doll combination (Catra, Netossa, Teela, Evil-Lyn in the display), I would really like to see more/buy it .
    Unfortunately I did not purchase the SDCC 2016 She-Ra doll and now I regret it. Are there any chances for Mattel to re-release the She-Ra? In case they do, I will support it this time!

Thanks.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
    Are there any chances for Mattel to re-release the She-Ra? In case they do, I will support it this time!
    If you ask me, chances are great!

A smaller packaging (since non-exclusive!) essentially based on her Filmation outfits as Adora and She-Ra (please Mattel think about our shelves !!) and that would be it.
    NEW EP "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Flee The Moon" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT8qrmaFmq0

So lost right now with the 5.5" Vintage figures. Is Mattel telling us they can make 5.5 figures? What does that mean for Super 7?

Seems like a messy way to try and start a toy line.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, ARTILLA, TUVAR, BADDHRA, SLIME PIT BONE WARRIOR,

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    So lost right now with the 5.5" Vintage figures. Is Mattel telling us they can make 5.5 figures? What does that mean for Super 7?

Seems like a messy way to try and start a toy line.
    I'm not 100% sure how it all works. But logically, I would imagine it's going to end up being one or the other. Why would one company make a product for an IP and also license out that IP to another company to make an almost identical competing product?
    Last edited by TrimmTrabb; July 24, 2018 at 05:36pm.

Heroic Warrior
    My feeling is that they made those 5.5 figures to promote the masks and when they got a reaction from everyone they just said yeah it’s all potential new products but I could be wrong

Elder Councilman
    I think Mattel should just leave MOTU at this point to Super7, and enjoy collecting licensing fees/royalties, whatever.

They don't seem to know where they're coming or going with almost anything at this point, and considering they're letting go 1/4 of their employees now, and put forth as much effort promoting the 50th Anniversary of Hot Wheels as they did Barbie's 50th, and Hasbro did GI Joe, just let a company that actually cares do it.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    I think Mattel should just leave MOTU at this point to Super7, and enjoy collecting licensing fees/royalties, whatever.

They don't seem to know where they're coming or going with almost anything at this point, and considering they're letting go 1/4 of their employees now, and put forth as much effort promoting the 50th Anniversary of Hot Wheels as they did Barbie's 50th, and Hasbro did GI Joe, just let a company that actually cares do it.
    Honestly I think with this major layoffs and the decreasing revenues and increasing losses, Mattel won't start any experiments with MotU any time soon.
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

I love the 12" figures!

I WANT Horde Slime Pit He-Man and Anti-Eternian He-Man Everone get on Twitter and start hashtagging away! #WeWantMoreMotu
    #WeWantMoreMotu
    #WeWantMoreMotu
    #WeWantMoreMotu
    #WeWantMoreMotu
    #WeWantMoreMotu
    #WeWantMoreMotu
    #WeWantMoreMotu

Well the message must have been removed... but.. I understand your frustration. The venting was probably a little more than the boards can handle, but I would say most understand. You see some warranted complaints about issues with S7 but Hopefully most can remember the HUGE COMPANY ...mattle cough..cough... doing even worse..and lets not get started with DR..

With that said. I love what S7 is doing and I think they're doing a great job. I was happy ish with classics during the Matty days and lived with the issues. The new 12in Figs look great, and if I'm able to snag them I will, assuming they're made. If it cuts into S7 in anyway after what they have done to get things rolling then I will not support it though. My 2cents..

Anyway.. this post may seem off if you didn't see the last reply.
    I Didn't Slap You! I High-Fived You In The Face!

Heroic Warrior
    Really love the sorceress not sure how I feel about the He man hoping that they look good with the mondo figures would love to display them together

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    I am not sure to understand Mattel's politic : They gave up Motu and now they are offering very nice giants and dolls and even Thundercats are back.
    Don't get me wrong I am really happy but I hope they know what they are doing here, we do not need false expectations
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

The more I look at the 12" doll line He-Man, the more I like him.

Wasn't sure about the face at first, but it's a doll...a male doll...so he had to look a bit 'dreamy'!

Plus there is a second head, so it's win win.

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    I am not sure to understand Mattel's politic : They gave up Motu and now they are offering very nice giants and dolls and even Thundercats are back.
    Don't get me wrong I am really happy but I hope they know what they are doing here, we do not need false expectations
    THIS RIGHT HERE! Swoopes in while the line is kicking butt..that's the way it seems
    I Didn't Slap You! I High-Fived You In The Face!

Heroic Warrior
    The dolls are beautiful no doubt about that it comes down to price they can’t be too much if they get the price right I can see this doing very well

I’m all for Mattel to make some more MOTU products as well as keeping Super 7 to make more MOTU products. The dolls, giants and 5.5 shown could be just one off specialty items that Mattel may produce and I really hope they do get made!

The variant He-man giants & 5.5 figures should be the easiest to make as they all use one mold per size. The dolls are each so unique that we would need to let Mattel know, a lot more, that we want them all made.

Super 7 will be making the CC and CG waves, Filmation 5.5, ReAction waves and Keshi/MOTUSCLE lines, keeping them busy with enough merch to make.

With that said, Mattel please make more MOTU/She-ra!!
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O! Catch my pics on Instagram: countjudas FOR 2018: Kayo, Lizorr, Sagitar, Negator, Hunga the Harpy, Kol Darr, Catra cat form, Leo Faker, Anti Eternia MAA and Orko, Melog, Filmation Ram Man

I want those dolls! I gave my daughter my She-Ra today. She has been begging for it since I got it and I love that she loves She-Ra. Yes, I gave my five year old daughter an expensive doll. I must be insane - LOL!
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

If the Jumbo 12 inch figures come with weapons then I will definitely get He-Man, Faker and Prince Adam if released

Regarding the prices of the 2001 commemorative 5.5" Vintage figures today on the market (He-man/Battle Cat set at $250 around, Skeletor Panthor set at $250 around, 5-Packs at more than $300/400, He-man at more than $100 like Faker, Skeletor etc) it is a good time for Mattel to relaunch a commemorative 5.5" collection, it will be a hit for sure, but this time maybe they'll just have to correct the heads to have everything perfect, like the He-Man one again.

Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    Regarding the prices of the 2001 commemorative 5.5" Vintage figures today on the market (He-man/Battle Cat set at $250 around, Skeletor Panthor set at $250 around, 5-Packs at more than $300/400, He-man at more than $100 like Faker, Skeletor etc) it is a good time for Mattel to relaunch a commemorative 5.5" collection, it will be a hit for sure, but this time maybe they'll just have to correct the heads to have everything perfect, like the He-Man one again.
    The commemorative series are among my favourite toys. Would love for them to make a comeback with more characters added obviously. The details were better than the original run from the 80’s and the improved feet means they even stand up (!).

I had two MOTU figures as a kid - Whiplash and Webstor (still got em) so being able to add He-Man, Skeletor etc was like a dream come true.

Widget

questions

ok 3 things

1st: Why can't i reply? Every time I reply it says i must reply w/ a quote. sort of annoying. If you are wondering why there is no quote on this its' because i erased it. shhhhhh!

2nd: I see that these dolls are for 'show' only and to tweet at Mattel if we really want them; But, wouldn't a better gauge of the public be to auction these off? or to put these on Kickstarter? If these went to Auction, I would definitely be bidding them up and prepared to go $100 on just about anyone of them.

3rd: FAKER. I recently sold my 1986 Faker because I was quite worried it wouldn't have much time left in my sons hands. I probably have seen 10 MOTU figures pass this past month after fishing them out of moms attick. Long story short. It would be awesome to see a 12" Faker. I saw the Anti-He-Man and i'm def thinking I will get that one. But i know he loves this character to death. Anyway. was the Faker at the show and I missed him? or am i having to goto ebay and get the 2002 MOTU version? I would get the Super 7, but i just don't think that's a smart idea for a 4 year old cause he will break it. I suppose whichever i find cheaper though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zukny View Post
    ok 3 things

1st: Why can't i reply? Every time I reply it says i must reply w/ a quote. sort of annoying. If you are wondering why there is no quote on this its' because i erased it.
    You must be logged in to have the option to either just "reply" or to "reply w/quote". If you are not logged in you can only "reply w/quote".
    Last edited by depp76; October 9, 2018 at 03:47pm.

Has Mattel made any noise since San Diego and Power Con about any of these products? I'm mainly interested in those 5.5 figures. And as mentioned above, a rerelease of commemorative series would be amazing. 40 year anniversary is coming up, maybe we can hope for that I guess.