Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mattel SDCC 2018 Reveals Discussion Thread - 12" Figures & Monster High MOTU

Heroic Warrior
    Don't quote me on this but I don't think that is how that hashtag thing works.

(I want that slime pit he-man and anti he-man)

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit View Post
    #WEWANTANTIETERNIAHEMAN5.5"
    #WEWANTSLIMEPITHEMAN5.5"
    #WEWANTSLIMEPITHEMAN5.5"
    #WEWANTSLIMEPITHEMAN5.5"
    #WEWANTSLIMEPITHEMAN5.5"
    #WEWANTSLIMEPITHEMAN5.5"
    #WEWANTSLIMEPITHEMAN5.5"
    #WEWANTSLIMEPITHEMAN5.5"
    #WEWANTSLIMEPITHEMAN5.5"
    #WEWANTSLIMEPITHEMAN5.5"
    #WEWANTSLIMEPITHEMAN5.5"
    #WEWANTSLIMEPITHEMAN5.5"
    #WEWANTSLIMEPITHEMAN5.5"

@TOKYONEVER
    Sorry, i had to copy your Hashtags

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I don't like that Slime Pit He-Man harness with the Horde symbol. It doesn't make any sense to me lol. So He-Man get slime pored on him which turns him in to Hordak's slave, and then Hordak gives him a new harness? I rather him just have the regular harness like in the Escape from the Slime Pit min-comic. But thats just me over thinking it

Great to finally see Dyalamug with the toy/Classics style Horde symbol. Thats definitely the symbol I'll be displaying him with.
    Attachment 116922
    Agreed! The detail-less one looks pretty cheesy by comparison.
    "..."

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    Those 12" dolls! As they say on Futurama, "Shut up and take my money!"

Love those dolls, but I gotta say that I loathe vintage figure-colored Evil-Lyn. I prefer Filmation or 200x coloring. Basically, I WANT PURPLE, NOT NAVY BLUE!!! PURPLE! PURPLE! PURPLE! (hey, they said to let them know what we wanted.)
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!" - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

WANT: Twiggets, Hunga, Josh, Joya/Bubblerina, King Ahgo, Wise Old Wizardess,
    Crimson Fury, Melog, Kowla, Red Eye, Staghorn, ALL New Adventures, Sharella,
    Gray, Kittrina, Melaktha, Miranda, Lt. Andra, Illumina, Lady Slither, MYP Evil-Lyn,
    MYP Sorceress, King Miro, Songster, Scrollos, Kayla, Skeleteen

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Love those dolls, but I gotta say that I loathe vintage figure-colored Evil-Lyn. I prefer Filmation or 200x coloring. Basically, I WANT PURPLE, NOT NAVY BLUE!!! PURPLE! PURPLE! PURPLE! (hey, they said to let them know what we wanted.)
    I agree. Purple.

I'd love to see a male buck introduced. Imagine the size of that thing (hehe ). Seriously though, these dolls are so gorgeous (and playable) I wonder if there is any way Mattel could get them into retail alongside the new She-Ra cartoon stuff. Maybe that would compromise their quality too much tho.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Darren Garret with Mattel revealed 12" figures of Teela, Evil-Lyn, and Catra and even a Monster High Evil-Lyn!

From what he posted, it looks like the 12" figures are not confirmed for production yet. Fans are being encouraged to contact Mattel to show their support for them.
    I think you mean "Darren Sander". Garrett is Darrens twin brother. They created Monster High and the 2016 She-Ra.
    Garret has since left Mattel.

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    So according to this, Mattel and Super 7 are both able to make vintage style figures at the same time....... ? ?
    Kinda has me worried that Mattel might take MOTU back from Super7 at the end of 2018
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Heroic Warrior
    I really want these and don't like everybody calling them dolls so let's refer to them as 12 inch articulated action figures

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor68 View Post
    I really want these and don't like everybody calling them dolls so let's refer to them as 12 inch articulated action figures
    How about we call them what we want to? I collect Barbies as well so I have no problem calling them dolls. I collect He-Man so I have no problem calling them action figures. Just don't speak for everybody...we are all going to see them and call them whatever we want but in the end they are awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    How about we call them what we want to? I collect Barbies as well so I have no problem calling them dolls. I collect He-Man so I have no problem calling them action figures. Just don't speak for everybody...we are all going to see them and call them whatever we want but in the end they are awesome!!!
    WOW!

I’m pretty sure he was just kidding.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    WOW!

I’m pretty sure he was just kidding.
    Then that's great! Like I said in the end these figures are awesome!

Heroic Warrior
    Apparently some dolls are now being referred to as "action dolls", when they have properties of both action figures and fashion dolls. I think Mattel actually calls their DC Super Hero Girls dolls "action dolls".

I guess some of these dolls really do blur the line, which I think is very cool. I've long since abandoned restricting myself to "action figures", I have a few DCSHGs and Monster High, of course I have 12" She-Ra--and really everything but the Monster High have some of the best qualities of both action figures and dolls, which I think is great. Especially for the ladies of PoP, I think these action dolls are the perfect format, because it allows that glorious flowing hair of theirs to really shine, and not be an annoying block of plastic that restricts their head movement.

Heroic Warrior
    Was just trying to be funny about the fact apparently I'm really excited about a doll line I don't really care what people call them I like them and am going to get them if there made the She- Ra exclusive from Sdcc is one of my favorite pieces in my collection I love the packaging the details everything it's awesome!

Was just trying to be funny about the fact apparently I'm really excited about a doll line I don't really care what people call them I like them and am going to get them if there made the She- Ra exclusive from Sdcc is one of my favorite pieces in my collection I love the packaging the details everything it's awesome!
    Oh Lord I'm so sorry I did not mean to read into what you were saying. Sometimes it's hard to tell who's kidding and who's not around here lol. Anyways I hope they make all of them for sure!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Oh I know I wasn't criticizing anything you said, just took it as an opportunity to blab a little about action dolls which I find rather interesting. I guess it's as much about marketing as anything. Like, how many potential male customers might they loose if they market that 12" Teela as an "action doll" vs an "action figure", or conversely how many women might they put off by labeling it an "action figure". Seems subtle but no doubt important.

Would love to see a Rerelease/retail version of the 12 inch She-ra, with others in the line. Love the Slime Pit He-Man too.

I'd love to see Mattel do some vintage inspired figures again, although those 2 He-Mans don't necessarily trip my trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    A Teela figure with rooted hair. I´m totally blown away! They little kid in me is jumping up and down for joy and excitement.

All their faces look amazing and even Monsters High Evil Lyn looks great, her heels are super fun.

Slim Pit He-Man and his Horde harness are ingenuous, I´m very excited right now.

As Elsa Schneider says: He is giddy as a schoolboy
    +500000 cool points for the Indy reference
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/
    This one goes up to 11... When Cannons Fade

I am all for Mattel doing the MOTU/POP dolls, but it would be really poor form for them to make 5.5" figures to directly compete with Super7. They should partner with them on those endeavors, and if they'd allow Super7 to use their factory and give them their plastic formula to help curb the QC issues we've been seeing with Super7, I would be all for it.
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Court Magician
    ill stay with Super7, not really fan of Mattel customer service. Also i think its a nasty move now Super7 is working so hard on MOTU.

Widget
    Was reading this article and they stated the 5.5" figures were from Super7. Not sure if it is a trust worthy source.

http://www.toyhypeusa.com/2018/07/19...es-on-display/

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Kinda has me worried that Mattel might take MOTU back from Super7 at the end of 2018
    I agree with this. Mattel has my support but only if Super7 is allowed to continue working on the lines they have put so much into. Mattel has lost a lot of trust with me over the years and any tampering with Super7 would be the final straw. I believe there's already a line called Thundercats that Mattel can feel free to work on though
    Thundercats Hooooooooooo!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm all for this line continuing and don't see why it's so risky to just open a preorder on one of the three girls and see what happens. Could they really just start Thundercats back up if they wanted?

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quick16tt View Post
    Was reading this article and they stated the 5.5" figures were from Super7. Not sure if it is a trust worthy source.

http://www.toyhypeusa.com/2018/07/19...es-on-display/
    ToyHypeUSA is a trustwortjy source. They go to most of the cons and interview the brand representatives.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    ToyHypeUSA is a trustwortjy source. They go to most of the cons and interview the brand representatives.
    Oh good was hoping that was in fact Super7 figures. The comment Brandon made about possible She-Ra classic figures being made along side the new figures was concerning. Hopefully they let Super7 make the classic side and Mattel focus on new animated figures. Feel like I was left with more questions then answers from the interview.