Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Snake Mountain revealed from Super7 at SDCC 2018

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Lol that picture, this playset is fantastic, cannot wait to finally have it.
    Hope they have already been planning to make Fright Zone
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Can’t wait to get more info.
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man, and SNAKE MOUNTAIN!!!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    Lol that picture, this playset is fantastic, cannot wait to finally have it.
    Hope they have already been planning to make Fright Zone
    Yes, AND the Crystal Castle! With the New She-Ra series bringing PoP to the forefront and countless new fans discovering that side of the MotUverse (with many now watching the old series thanks to their interest being piqued by the new one), getting a MotUC Crystal Castle has become more essential than ever for the line!

The problem is: we now have 3 versions of the Fright Zone and 3 versions of the Crystal Castle (vintage toy, Filmation, NuPoP). Pretty tough to reference/merge them all into a unified Classics design. Though I've always been of the opinion that the the Fright Cave (i.e., vintage-toy Fright Zone) and the Filmation Fright Zone are so incompatibly, oppositely different, that should they be treated as distinct separate locations: the former the ancient Horde stronghold on Preternia (maybe a former Snakemen location that the Horde appropriated for themselves, given that it has the same kind of sword-and-sorcery savage-world vibe as Snake Mountain and Lady Slither's lair), and the latter the "contemporaty" techno-industrial complex built on Etheria by the Horde (or rather, by enslaved Etherian people for them). So I'd go with a MotUC Fright Zone based on Filmation's (with maybe added references to the new NuPoP version, if at all possible), and then later a MotUC Fright Cave based on the vintage toy. For the Crystal Castle, for its part, it's easier to come up with a merged Filmation-plus-vintage-toy hybrid (and maybe the NuPoP version could be referenced in the interiors or doubling as a kind of mountain base below given its pyramidal shape), and Crystal Falls could be engineered as a Crystal Castle add-on.

The other playset essential for the PoP side of things would be Castle Brightmoon, which never got a playset in the old days, and which now has an alternate, completely different version in NuPoP. Oh, and the Whispering Woods, which did get a vintage prototype; but I think for the Woods a build-a-forest "furniture" set, rather than a playset, would be much more appropriate than the prototype clamshell design.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Can’t wait to get more info.
    Still crickets I'm guessing? I pop in and out every once in a while, but would love to hear something new about this.
    Creator of the New Adventures Watching Club, come join us! Click here!

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Quote Originally Posted by HordakQuack View Post
    Still crickets I'm guessing? I pop in and out every once in a while, but would love to hear something new about this.
    I think before the New York Toy Fair on February 16th there will be no news.
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    I think before the New York Toy Fair on February 16th there will be no news.
    Hahahaha

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Widget
    really hope this is the year they officially launch the pre-order or maybe even have it ready to ship to us by Christmas 2019?, if not we gotta have it for Christmas 2020!!!

waiting for snake mountain is like the one of the few things that is preventing me from giving up on life completely lol

Heroic Warrior
    Before I really found out about the classics line I saw the first images of the Snake mountain prototype and that’s what got me collecting masters . I never dreamed it would take this long to come out and there for a while I thought it was done for its my most wanted piece

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Oz View Post
    really hope this is the year they officially launch the pre-order or maybe even have it ready to ship to us by Christmas 2019?, if not we gotta have it for Christmas 2020!!!

waiting for snake mountain is like the one of the few things that is preventing me from giving up on life completely lol
    And then we get it and full of quality control issues. Then what oz?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Well hopefully it’s being done at the Mattel factory like it has been rumored and hopefully will be confirmed as fact to calm everyone down about the quality

I need to sell my golf clubs.
    And some old college textbooks.

And maybe a kidney.

I want to be ready.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor68 View Post
    Well hopefully it’s being done at the Mattel factory like it has been rumored and hopefully will be confirmed as fact to calm everyone down about the quality
    I'd like that. However if it's not an articulated figure lesser quality may not be as detrimental, hinges and rotating giant snake head not withstanding. I'm super excited to get the Filmation throne and table but am hopeful to also get the snake man portal. I really enjoyed that story ark in the 200X cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I need to sell my golf clubs.
    And some old college textbooks.

And maybe a kidney.

I want to be ready.
    It's tax return season boys and girls. Stash $500. The problem will be for me if Haslab drops another $500 gem. Then I'll be vexed.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    I'd like that. However if it's not an articulated figure lesser quality may not be as detrimental, hinges and rotating giant snake head not withstanding. I'm super excited to get the Filmation throne and table but am hopeful to also get the snake man portal. I really enjoyed that story ark in the 200X cartoon.

It's tax return season boys and girls. Stash $500. The problem will be for me if Haslab drops another $500 gem. Then I'll be vexed.
    So that converts to around....$10,000 Australian...? Not including postage?
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Vintage Attack Trak, NA Vintage completed, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, '87 Movie Variants completed, '87 Movie Skeletor Trooper.

Heroic Warrior
    Man I am so ready to get this thing rolling it’s getting to a point where it’s now or never I just feel like if they don’t have some more information on when and how much then something is going to derail this thing wether it’s weak sales of there MOTU license or Mattel wanting to take back the license and as they go it seems more and more people are losing confidence in them

I'm more concerned about the quality than anything else. If this project moves forward, I imagine it will be cheaply made just like the figures. I think people should start tamping down their expectations now. I am expecting the same quality as the figures...cheap plastic, brittle, incongruent pegs and loose hinges, like the stuff you buy in China Town. It will probably look great, but won't likely be as sturdy as as Mattel's Castle Grayskull.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    I'm more concerned about the quality than anything else. If this project moves forward, I imagine it will be cheaply made just like the figures. I think people should start tamping down their expectations now. I am expecting the same quality as the figures...cheap plastic, brittle, incongruent pegs and loose hinges, like the stuff you buy in China Town. It will probably look great, but won't likely be as sturdy as as Mattel's Castle Grayskull.
    You don't know this for sure. Super7 could easily strike a deal with the Mattel Factory to produce Snake Mountain for them just like they struck a deal with them to make stridor. Brian Flynn knows making snake mountain could tie things up at his factory. I don't know for sure but I have a strong Gut feeling The Mattel Factory will be producing Snake mountain for Super7.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    You don't know this for sure. Super7 could easily strike a deal with the Mattel Factory to produce Snake Mountain for them just like they struck a deal with them to make stridor. Brian Flynn knows making snake mountain could tie things up at his factory. I don't know for sure but I have a strong Gut feeling The Mattel Factory will be producing Snake mountain for Super7.
    It's not just the factory, it's the materials used. Super 7 clearly doesn't have the money to use the same quality materials and methods as Mattel. We've seen this from the quality of the figures we've gotten. They have cheaper, more brittle plastics, and less QC overall. I don't have high hopes for this Snake Mountain playset, the same reservations I had when Super 7 took over making the figures. I was proven right with the figures, and I imagine playsets will be no different.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    It's not just the factory, it's the materials used. Super 7 clearly doesn't have the money to use the same quality materials and methods as Mattel. We've seen this from the quality of the figures we've gotten. They have cheaper, more brittle plastics, and less QC overall. I don't have high hopes for this Snake Mountain playset, the same reservations I had when Super 7 took over making the figures. I was proven right with the figures, and I imagine playsets will be no different.
    the plastic on Stridor was the same quality as Night stalker if it’s made at Mattel factory it should be fine and I feel that it’s not that it’s cheaper plastic as much as mixture I think Mattel has a Heisenberg cooking up there plastic

Given how much Snake Mountain is inevitably going to cost, I have faith that Super7 realizes the need to deliver a true quality product. No way do they want collectors, whose pockets are now $500+ lighter, to be breaking out the torches and pitchforks when the playset arrives with cheap/shiny plastic and brittle parts. That would be a PR nightmare for the company. My gut says they'll be extra incentivized to deliver on quality.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    So that converts to around....$10,000 Australian...? Not including postage?
    Yep, & it seems our dollar is only getting worse. This thing is going to cost us a buttload.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Given how much Snake Mountain is inevitably going to cost, I have faith that Super7 realizes the need to deliver a true quality product. No way do they want collectors, whose pockets are now $500+ lighter, to be breaking out the torches and pitchforks when the playset arrives with cheap/shiny plastic and brittle parts. That would be a PR nightmare for the company. My gut says they'll be extra incentivized to deliver on quality.
    why does everyone think this is going to be $500+? Did I miss a memo?

its a plastic play set. Yuns' need to calm your ****.

there has been no mention of price from Super7, so unless i'm wrong, speculating is pointless.

sure it could be $299-$350. but not $500.

Given that everything Super 7 has made has been significantly more expensive than when Mattel was running the show, it stands to reason that Snake Mountain will be a fair bit more than the $250/$300 Grayskull cost. With the $500+ predictions, I think people are just trying to steel themselves for the worst. Hopefully, we'll all be pleasantly surprised.

Heroic Warrior
    “Two cars it costs two cars” that’s the only information we’ve been given I pretty much just always assumed it would be a minimum of 500 it’s bigger than Grayskull and less iconic and sought after I mean the sail barge was 500 and that sold close to 9,000 I don’t think that they will sell near that many
    Last edited by Skeletor68; February 11, 2019 at 08:38pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
    why does everyone think this is going to be $500+? Did I miss a memo?

its a plastic play set. Yuns' need to calm your ****.

there has been no mention of price from Super7, so unless i'm wrong, speculating is pointless.

sure it could be $299-$350. but not $500.
    At SDCC last year - they said it would be around the $500 price, I specifically asked them during preview night - now things can change but I doubt it will be less then what they were saying

Quote Originally Posted by Powersword123 View Post
    At SDCC last year - they said it would be around the $500 price, I specifically asked them during preview night - now things can change but I doubt it will be less then what they were saying
    Exactly. It can always be more, but not less than what they quoted as they were given quotes from the factory on production cost.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.