Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Snake Mountain revealed from Super7 at SDCC 2018

MOTUC Snake Mountain revealed from Super7 at SDCC 2018

Snake Mountain revealed at the Hordak's Lair event at Super7 for SDCC 2018!
    What do you think?

Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Heroic Warrior
    YES!!!!

When I moved into my new house 3 summers ago I built shelving specifically for Snake Mountain-- back before it was canceled. That space has filled up since, so it looks like I'll have to make more room!

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Am I dreamimg!?!?

That's still the Sculpt by the Four Horsemen right?
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    That's still the Sculpt by the Four Horsemen right?
    Looks like it. The snake seems different but it is probably paint that made the difference.

I can't help but feel leery considering it's Super7 and all. But, I am pleasantly surprised. I wish S7 hadn't driven me off of MOTUC with their poor decisions this past year - I would have purchased this in a heartbeat. It's cool that they are apparently putting it out there though.
    Last edited by Donimo; July 19, 2018 at 06:57am.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    it comes with the table and throne!!!! and sweet monster pit.

Wow! Curious for the actual dimensions!
    ILLUMINA TIME! !

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    I will definitely buy/pre-order this. Can't wait. So excited.

Ready to drop $1000 on this. :P This is gonna be a marriage killer.

Fantastic!!!!

Widget
    Amazing!!!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Jor-El View Post
    Ready to drop $1000 on this. :P This is gonna be a marriage killer.
    Don't give them any ideas! (fully expecting and will gladly pay this)

Finally it's happening!!! The interior details on this thing are simply fantastic!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

that is rad

Court Magician
    I think I'm going to have to start planning a space to put this monster. I believe one of the couches out of my den are going to have to be sacrificed to make room for another shelving unit. Worth it.

Widget
    Posted in another thread that appears to have been deleted. This look absolutely amaaaaaaazing ... but I honestly don't know how many collectors will be able to afford this. Guessing it will be at least $500? I hope it's no more than that so I can justify getting one! Looks incredible!!

Heroic Warrior
    OMG. Whatever the price for this is...I'm in.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Vintage Attack Trak, POP Vintage Variants completed, NA Vintage completed, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Ice Armor He-Man, Skeleteen

Wow, this is amaze balls!

Heroic Warrior
    My wife and I have been thinking about a second home.....

Don't have the display space for this, but wow. Impressed with S7.

Heroic Warrior
    I love the design, but my problem is the same I always have with playsets: The scale is all over the place.
    I mean, the stairs, the doors, the furniture, it all fits the Classics scale. But that would mean that Snake Mountain is tiny. Not much of a mountain, not much of a lair, not much of a snake god. Of course, if you want it as a playset, that's kinda unavoidable.
    So, they did the best they could and it looks amazing.
    But I would love to have a Snake Mountain Model that is not in scale with Classics but looks more realistically sized. Maybe it could be a model In Universe. Not instead of this, I understand the value of a playset, but additionally.
    And I would love for some parts to be sold seaparately. The gate, the piece with the tentacles and lizards, the throne, the table ... because I won't by this. Neither have the room, nor the money.

This is a scaled down version and not the same exact one that was originally shown by Matty correct? If so, other then size are there any other differences? Accessories, details etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Capeträger View Post
    I love the design, but my problem is the same I always have with playsets: The scale is all over the place.
    I mean, the stairs, the doors, the furniture, it all fits the Classics scale. But that would mean that Snake Mountain is tiny. Not much of a mountain, not much of a lair, not much of a snake god. Of course, if you want it as a playset, that's kinda unavoidable.
    So, they did the best they could and it looks amazing.
    But I would love to have a Snake Mountain Model that is not in scale with Classics but looks more realistically sized. Maybe it could be a model In Universe. Not instead of this, I understand the value of a playset, but additionally.
    And I would love for some parts to be sold seaparately. The gate, the piece with the tentacles and lizards, the throne, the table ... because I won't by this. Neither have the room, nor the money.

I'm confused, you want a version that's more "in scale" but then state that you don't have the room, nor the money?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    I'm confused, you want a version that's more "in scale" but then state that you don't have the room, nor the money?
    Maybe I did not make that fully clear, yeah.
    What I meant is, I would love to have a version that actually looks like it is a giant mountain with a giant snake god. But small. So, not in scale with the classics figures but in scale with itself. As said, it could be a model in universe, something some character owns to plan an attack on Snake Mountain or something like that.
    For an actual Playset, I would like to have separate "rooms" of Snake Mountain with furniture actually in scale with Classics.

Edit:
    Don't get me wrong, this one looks great as a playset and I would buy it if I had that kind of many to spare. But it can never be the actual canonical Classics Snake Mountain. Because if it was, the evil warriors would have to sleep in stacks and He-Man would defeat Serpos in two or three rounds.
    Last edited by Capeträger; July 19, 2018 at 03:12pm.

Yes! The best! I really hope the trapdoor works like one! Honestly don't care how far my 'adult collectors figures' have to fall, or how many of their ankles are loosened. They wander up there, they get what they deserve. Can the centre of the table please be translucent?? Or is it all one mold? The bridge seems much too small, don't know how else it could be done though without dramatically increasing SM's already enormous dimensions. I might have to send a slew of 3 3/4 figs up the front of the mountain to explore it. The props and inside of the playset are utterly beautiful! Those faces! The lizards with tentacles! What a toy. Can't wait!