Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Snake Mountain revealed from Super7 at SDCC 2018

I think it’s AMAZING.

SOLD!
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra, Slamurai, Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Mini-Comic/Vintage Toy costume Catra, The Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, The Twiggets, Melaktha, Sagitar, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, Weapons Paks, Fuerza T figures, 200X Sorceress, King Miro.

Filmation Variants: Prince Adam, Adora, Count Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Modulok, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    I'm actually crying! That is a thing of evil beauty. Super7 - Sold!
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

I think we all just need to take a moment and applaud Super 7 here. I just watched Pixel Dan’s tour of Hordak’s Lair and my God, what a time to be alive. Snake Mountain looks like a masterpiece!!!

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Hearing the guestimate as $500. Whoo-boy. Add to shipping abroad, taxes, customs....

May not get it...

Also. Note to self. Get MOTU Castle Grayskull first.

But looks FANTASTIC! Kudos to all the people involved in making it happen!

And thanks to Dan for his videos!
    He-Man & She-Ra fan and contributor to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

That looks absolutely incredible.
    Some sort of payment installment plan or EU distribution (as long as it ships before March 2019!) would be fab!

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Financial considerations won't keep me from buying this living dream. It's my childhood hero, so many memories are infused into it. I like the fact that they've reintroduced the chains visible on the front, hopefully they can clip into the rock wall.

Same for the vintage sticker, now fully sculpted (Thanks guys!!!), I wish the molded dungeon grate had made it (NYTF 2013) but thanks to WorkingClassVillains it was made available a few years back and still is to date. Can't wait to know more about the reservation! Let's get together folks!
    NEW EP "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

MIND BLOWN!

I genuinely feel like my 6-year-old-kid-self on Christmas morning, all those years ago! I'm 200% in, whatever the cost!!! I can't wait to see the box-art on this Bad-boy!

My only suggestion/request/plea in terms of small tweaks is that we get a working dungeon included inside. Something I always felt lacking in the vintage playset. If not, I'm still in!

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    That looks absolutely incredible.
    Some sort of payment installment plan or EU distribution (as long as it ships before March 2019!) would be fab!
    I think we'll be needing our own UK distribution this time... I'd be very surprised if we're still in the EU by the time this is shipped
    Last edited by Stagnataur; July 19, 2018 at 06:10am.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Looks really nice, I want it! But have no room whatsoever
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

It looks to be almost exactly the same as the original Mattel prototype shown all those years back, albeit with some notable additions to the inside. Although a Classics Snake Mountain has been kicking around for some time (as we know), one assumes that the success of the crowdfunded Jedi Sail Barge certainly provided some impetus here, as well as a blueprint for how to go about doing these large, collector-focused sets. Although I'm a pre-Filmation fan, this would be quite the addition to a MOTUC collection - and when facing off against Grayskull, pretty darn amazing.

Although Super7's track record is questionable, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagnataur View Post
    MIND BLOWN!

I genuinely feel like my 6-year-old-kid-self on Christmas morning, all those years ago! I'm 200% in, whatever the cost!!! I can't wait to see the box-art on this Bad-boy!
    OMG!! Totally, right?!? This is fire!! Totes cute, like I cannot waaaait!?

Great job S7!

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Looks really nice, I want it! But have no room whatsoever
    It's a worry, isn't it?
    I've got the horizontal space on top of my cabinets, but I don't think I have the vertical clearance.
    If Snake Mountain is taller than Castle Grayskull with Point Dread and the Talon Fighter attached them I have a problem.

But it's a very welcome problem to have!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    It's a worry, isn't it?
    I've got the horizontal space on top of my cabinets, but I don't think I have the vertical clearance.
    If Snake Mountain is taller than Castle Grayskull with Point Dread and the Talon Fighter attached them I have a problem.

But it's a very welcome problem to have!
    Solution for those pesky limitations created by walls and ceilings....
    1200px-Sledgehammers-1.jpg

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For some reason, whenever I look at the seat of the Bone Throne, it looks like Skeletor sits on a giant He-Man wig. I can't unsee it!

Very exciting! I agree with the $500 as a minimum, which I can live with. As for space, you MAKE SPACE for something this awesome
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2018!!!

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    Great job S7!
    Yes indeed and a great surprise !
    Did not expect it at all !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrumMaster View Post
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hahahaha I think with this awesome news you probably are the happiest collector here !
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Heroic Warrior
    It’s pretty great to see Super7 putting Snake Mountain into production! I fear it will be way too expensive for me at Super7’s pricing, especially with international shipping. But, I have to give kudos to them for following through and offering it to the MOTUC fans.

$500 seems high but in line with the newer pricing. I think with this item we pay up or shut up. I hope they have a payment plan that stretches for some time. The idea of paying this much and waiting a year is no fun....though I am doing it with the sail barge....so....

The real issue..where to put this beast. An issue I like to have.

Great job super7,great job.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Oh my goodness. A must have for sure. Where am I going to put it! Would love to see how it looks, set up next to Grayskull?
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Snake Mountain revealed at the Hordak's Lair event at Super7 for SDCC 2018!
    What do you think?
    Initial thoughts:

I am so happy that there's enough clearance that Skeletor can stand up straight at the Wolf Gate. I am so happy that the ledges for the shackles and over the tunnel are wide enough to properly stand a figure upon. I am so happy it doesn't appear to have been shrunk down in order to cut costs. I am so sad that I am going to be poor forever if I end up buying this!

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    $500 seems high but in line with the newer pricing. I think with this item we pay up or shut up. I hope they have a payment plan that stretches for some time. The idea of paying this much and waiting a year is no fun....though I am doing it with the sail barge....so....

The real issue..where to put this beast. An issue I like to have.

Great job super7,great job.
    In reality, it seems there is less tooling than for castle grayskull regarding number of molded things (ok, larger ) so it may not be so expensive ...

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    At lassssst! It LivessssSssssss!!!!!

I cannot WAIT to get this! It’ll be expensive, but well-worth the investment.

The only question that remains is where the heck to display this magnificent monstrosity?!
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

*starts saving money now*

This thing is going to be pricey, and I have no room for it, but I’m in, nonethless.

Man, Super7 is really bringing out the big guns. I just hope the quality of their final product continues to improve. Is this a final production piece? It looks awesome but I would like to see some more paint apps in the snake head. That's really my only nitpick with it. What was retail on Grayskull when it came out? Was it $350?
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs