Page 25 of 66 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Snake Mountain revealed from Super7 at SDCC 2018 - Pre-Order is live

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    I'd rather some leds in the eyes and they are cheap especially in china.

And these pics.. I can forsee the paint scraping off it as I type this lol. Sadly what we see in the pic will no where's look or be what we receive and pay for. That is unless it's made at a better factory. S7 uses very cheap material. Super 7 making this at their factory is not 600 dollars worthy.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    LEDS eyes would be very, very cool. And yeah, they should be very, very inexpensive.

What makes you think the paint would scrape off of this, though? Just curious as that wasn't something that jumped out at me.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    LEDS eyes would be very, very cool. And yeah, they should be very, very inexpensive.

What makes you think the paint would scrape off of this, though? Just curious as that wasn't something that jumped out at me.
    Just like the weapons in the figure lines. Everything is just lower quality of material all around. That worries me as this ain't no chump change.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    I'd rather some leds in the eyes and they are cheap especially in china.
    That's a cool idea! I could go for that.

And these pics.. I can forsee the paint scraping off it as I type this lol. Sadly what we see in the pic will no where's look or be what we receive and pay for. That is unless it's made at a better factory. S7 uses very cheap material. Super 7 making this at their factory is not 600 dollars worthy.
    Hmmm...

Nah.

It's gonna be ****in' sweet.

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

So we need to hit 1000? Ok. Any guesses on how many may go to instatutional sales? Any one get to check how many Sail Barges BBTS had when the y started taking orders?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    That's a cool idea! I could go for that.

Hmmm...

Nah.

It's gonna be ****in' sweet.

Someone with pull should pitch it to them. *Hint *hint

Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    So we need to hit 1000? Ok. Any guesses on how many may go to instatutional sales? Any one get to check how many Sail Barges BBTS had when the y started taking orders?
    That's a great question. Does anyone other than BBTS do MOTUC preorders anymore?

Hopefully we can at least knock out 5 percent of the preorders through BBTS alone. Considering that a MOTU is looming ever closer I imagine folks will want to pick these up and sell them off for profit when the movie hits. Despite whether the movie is a hit or not those sorts of events usually see an upswing in folks purchasing nostalgia infused items like this.

"We have a Ram-Man!"

That's a great question. Does anyone other than BBTS do MOTUC preorders anymore?

Hopefully we can at least knock out 5 percent of the preorders through BBTS alone. Considering that a MOTU is looming ever closer I imagine folks will want to pick these up and sell them off for profit when the movie hits. Despite whether the movie is a hit or not those sorts of events usually see an upswing in folks purchasing nostalgia infused items like this.
    If Super7 is charging $600.00 What do you think BBTS will charge? More like $800.00 and you won't get $4.00 shipping on that
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

They were charging $1200 for Jabba the Hutt's sale barge with $4 shipping (it's over four feet long) but they're now sold out. I could see Snake Mountain reselling for closer to $1000.

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Heroic Warrior
    I don't want to be this guy, but I guess I'm gonna. I want this so bad it almost hurts, but, and it's a really big but, I just don't have the faith in Super 7 at the moment to entrust them to put out a quality product of this size and magnitude. If I am wrong, and I really hope I am, I will have no problem paying double for it if it truly is what it's supposed to be. But ponying up that kind of money right now with what we've been receiving is kind of ludicrous to me. I know they keep making improvements and good on them to keep it up but some of us still are willing to pay for quality, and I for one am willing to pay for it.
    That being said, the pictures we've seen so look amazing! If Flynn came out and told us that all the issues they ever had have been worked out and they are working directly with Mattel to produce Snake Mountain with the highest quality plastics, paint apps, and quality control and they guarantee that it will look as good if not better than we've seen already, I would order 3 in a heartbeat. (C'mon Super 7, give me a reason to give you my money.) Until then, I wish everyone who orders one the best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by TAAO View Post
    I don't want to be this guy, but I guess I'm gonna. I want this so bad it almost hurts, but, and it's a really big but, I just don't have the faith in Super 7 at the moment to entrust them to put out a quality product of this size and magnitude. If I am wrong, and I really hope I am, I will have no problem paying double for it if it truly is what it's supposed to be. But ponying up that kind of money right now with what we've been receiving is kind of ludicrous to me. I know they keep making improvements and good on them to keep it up but some of us still are willing to pay for quality, and I for one am willing to pay for it.
    That being said, the pictures we've seen so look amazing! If Flynn came out and told us that all the issues they ever had have been worked out and they are working directly with Mattel to produce Snake Mountain with the highest quality plastics, paint apps, and quality control and they guarantee that it will look as good if not better than we've seen already, I would order 3 in a heartbeat. (C'mon Super 7, give me a reason to give you my money.) Until then, I wish everyone who orders one the best of luck.
    I'm in the same boat as I'm also very concerned when it comes to the QC on this thing especially when come to tracking S7's history with their figures thus far. And I'd hope at least they'd use the same factory which Mattel was using for the Castle Grayskull.
    That said, you always can sell the playset afterwards if you're not happy with its quality control when the market is hot, and who knows, you might be able to make some money off of it too.
    I'm sure they'll be a few reviews, videos and posts about how it turned out before opening it if you're too worried not keeping it in MINT condition.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

I'm not going to disagree with you here as there are definitely some areas where Super7 is very inconsistent. One of the first things that bothered me was that the inconsistency of their M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, which scared me a bit because of how simple those should be to produce (they still can't get the formula down). On the other hand, their ReAction figures are pretty consistent and Stridor turned out quite well. It might sound odd but I think releasing a playset might turn out to be easier. It's a bit more technical and less a judgment call on face shape, paint choices, and such. I too hope they're going to go with one of the Mattel factories as I could see this being an item that Mattel assists with in some way. If Snake Mountain turned out poorly it could really damage Super7 and possibly even reflect poorly on Mattel, even if they had nothing to do with it. I imagine both companies would be invested in seeing it turn out right.

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Heroic Warrior
    I'm going to order one, but its the concern you mention above stopping me from getting another 1 or 2 more. Brian's "if you imagine an issue with your figure then just send it back and we'll swap it over" mentality is not going to apply to sending these Internationally I bet!!!

Bring on MYP Sorceress! MasterCollector's Avatar
    The only thing that REALLY bothers me about this set is wasted space opposite of Skeletor's Bone Throne.

I'd rather go without the ghoulish faces and extend the floor so that there is more floor area to either stand more figures or place the table on it.
    MYP Sorceress is a MUST HAVE figure for MOTUC!

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    I’ve been saving for this for a while, I was aiming at $1,000 but $600+ shipping should be covered by now!
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

Quote Originally Posted by gaidin View Post
    I'm going to order one, but its the concern you mention above stopping me from getting another 1 or 2 more. Brian's "if you imagine an issue with your figure then just send it back and we'll swap it over" mentality is not going to apply to sending these Internationally I bet!!!
    Exactly, this thing needs to be damn well near perfect. The people buying this are your core die-hard audience. You can not afford to burn that bridge. QC needs to be on point on this thing.

It’s one thing getting an imperfect $35,- figure, it’s a whole other ballpark when we’re talking a $600+ playset.

But I’m sure S7 are aware of the fact that this needs to be a home-run, and I think they’ll do everything in their power to make it so.
    Interested in the following loose Classics figures: Keldor, 200x Zodak, Ram Man, Griffin, Mekaneck, Tung Lashor, 200x King Hisss and figure stands (prefer Snake Mountain stands)!

Contact me per PM or my razzerian@gmail.com

Looking to pre-order Snake Mountain? Check out this thread to see where you can do so! Found a new retailer selling it, drop a line in said thread to add it to the list.

They were charging $1200 for Jabba the Hutt's sale barge with $4 shipping (it's over four feet long) but they're now sold out. I could see Snake Mountain reselling for closer to $1000.
    Oh they sold out of those barges pretty quickly once orders went live.

I completely understand how you feel. Waiting for the product to hit homes, get reviews, then try to grab one on the secondary market however might be an expensive move.

And Hasbro Pulse site had extra barges sitting around for weeks...at $500...

They did? I wish I had known. I never heard anything about that. The ebay prices on it skyrocketed like crazy!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    And Hasbro Pulse site had extra barges sitting around for weeks...at $500...
    what are you talking about? Hasbro Pulse never had the barges for sale. You must be mistaking the skiff
    Most Wanted:

Snake Mountain and Eternia Playsets!

Yeah, I checked into this. It looked like they did for a few days but I believe that ended up being them getting things set up for international distribution which was mentioned as an option coming at a later date. They never went on sale after the pre-sale/ pre-order last year. Hasbro did have it written that they do have the right to sell these again in the future if they choose to do so, though.

Some of these were shown arriving at Celebration from Hasbro, but they might be giveaways or prizes for something yet unannounced.

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Court Magician
    Yeah, I checked into this. It looked like they did for a few days but I believe that ended up being them getting things set up for international distribution which was mentioned as an option coming at a later date. They never went on sale after the pre-sale/ pre-order last year. Hasbro did have it written that they do have the right to sell these again in the future if they choose to do so, though.

Some of these were shown arriving at Celebration from Hasbro, but they might be giveaways or prizes for something yet unannounced.
    "UPDATE: We’re hearing from people on the floor that there are no Jabba’s Sail Barge vehicles for sale at SWCC. There are different products inside of these boxes."

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/20...ebration-2019/

The only place I've seen the Sail Barge for sale officially from Hasbro (besides the initial preorder) was the eBay listings for international customers. Those sold out in about an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by ChgoMarc View Post
    Wife and I have started fighting about it.
    We need new windows in the house. Thatís going to require a line of credit anyway.
    My argument is I get up at 1:30 am and sometimes work 13-14 hours a day. I deserve it. There shouldnít be a question about it if all the other bills are paid. If it takes 2-3 months to pay off Snake Mountain, I feel Iím worth it.
    For the sake of argument, what is She worth? You're both in it together I mean, so you have your figures, what does she have in her life and spends the money on?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by imonmywayup View Post
    The prototype definitely looks amazing! As did Teela, the Sorceress, and She-Ra...
    Well said, the reality unfortunately left much to be desired. Ppl are /were complaining about non painted faces, weapons looking 'cheap', She-Ra face looking nothing like the prototype, He-Man robot face oversprayed, incorrectly glued He-Man sword sheath, woman being shorter then Mattel counterparts, women hips being too wide then prototypes, gummy or shiny plastic and on and on... It madness to expect suddenly the Snake Mountain will magically end up perfect. I mean if they cannot produce a figure to their Customers' standards imagine the possibilities of screwing up a toy of this size! Donít get me wrong I wish they succeed I know they have best intentions at heart but as time shown over and over again they just canít swing it! They try to join the big league but the shoes are simply too big to fill especially when all they do is to look for ways to cut corners and have bigger margins.
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robaczek View Post
    They try to join the big league but the shoes are simply too big to fill especially when all they do is to look for ways to cut corners and have bigger margins.
    I don't think that the reason for their quality issues is cutting corners to have bigger margins. My personal impression is that they simply don't pay as much attention as we do. In several videos, Brian Flynn sounds like complainers annoy him because he just doesn't see most of the faults. In the mind of Super7, the figures might be fine without any problems at all, and they might see us as just being nitpicky.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    I don't think that the reason for their quality issues is cutting corners to have bigger margins. My personal impression is that they simply don't pay as much attention as we do. In several videos, Brian Flynn sounds like complainers annoy him because he just doesn't see most of the faults. In the mind of Super7, the figures might be fine without any problems at all, and they might see us as just being nitpicky.
    Well you have to admit there are quite a few nitpicky fans in these forums, part of it comes down to personal expectations of product and when that's not met they find fault in it even if its not a QC issue. The fandom did this with Mattel too so its not just with Super7. When Pixel Dan first interviewed Brian Flynn when the news broke that Mattel Gave Super7 the Lic to Produce MOTUC figures Brian mentioned how the higher ups at Mattel told him how terrible the fanbase was and gave examples of the really bad comments in the Mattel forums.

Me personally I see Super7 improving with each new wave. The plastic Quality is a lot better there are a lot less QC issues with each new wave. I know members keep saying why can't Super7 get the plastic right like Mattel? Well Mattels factory has their own blend of plastic recipe and they aren't sharing that with super7. Another asked question is why did Super7 leave mattels factory, that was stated long ago that the Mattel Factory was not making the figures Super7 was to produce a priority they bumped Super7 to the back of the line and Super7 wouldn't be able to get product out in a timely manner( the first set of ultimates were very late and fans complained ) so Super7 started making the figures at their own factory and the problem was They Never made figure like MOTUC before so it was all a very new experience for Super7's factory and yes there were issues but as I stated The figures are improving with each new wave.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

I like (and own) a great deal of what Super7 has produced for MOTU and some of their items rank up their with the best of what Mattel produced.

Super7 has typically produced retro styled toys and art house style items. Their packaging and presentation is second to none as their products always have incredible packaging and art.

They definitely have problems with consistency in some of their brands, however. M.U.S.C.L.E. is one of those brands. Every single series released has a different plastic feel, different sculpting aesthetic, and different level of quality. That's definitely not been very well received by the minifigure collecting community as a minifigure seems like the easiest thing to get right. It's stuff like this that is baffling. How do they still not get it right or remain consistent now that M.U.S.C.L.E. has been running for nearly 4 or 5 years now? They've released some of the best minis in recent memory (The Worst, Street Fighter 2, Iron Maiden) and some of the least impressive (Shogun Warriors, Mega Man). When you get the rights to use premiere name in minifigures, you're setting yourself up for comparisons.

The same with MOTU. There was criticism of some of Mattel's decisions with MattyCollector(a very unique and bold idea) but the line was obviously successful as it ran for nearly 10 years and was consistently one of the most talked about and reviewed toylines out there. That's a pretty successful toyline. There's obviously a line where criticism becomes toxic but to expect no criticism or no comparison to other lines is ignorant. When you start selling action figures of a major brand online directly to collectors and charging $35 dollars each, you've stepped into a bigger game and inevitably you're now going to have your product compared to what's released by Hasbro, NECA, Mezco, Four Horsemen Studios, Mezco, and even some of the import brands. That's just the way it works.

I'm still very optimistic that they'll pull Snake Mountain off. It's a huge chunk of change for it and has the potential to elevate Super7 to another level in terms of exposure. To attempt a massive playset of the sort currently means inevitable being compared with Mattel's Grayskull and Hasbro's Sail Barge. Super7 is playing with the big boys now. I believe they got this. This is the toyline equivalent of the big blockbuster summer tentpole film. All eyes are on them and while there will be criticism, the potential for reward is huge.

I'm ready for some concrete details on this thing now! I'm working out ideas in my mine for displaying it. It's going to be incredible!

"We have a Ram-Man!"