Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Snake Mountain revealed from Super7 at SDCC 2018

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    What I don't get are the complaints about the scale. How big of a playset do we need?? Making it bigger only increases the cost and the space needed for it, and lots of people are already saying they don't have room for it.
    I noticed only two "complaints" about scale. There was one saying that the bridge should be bigger. And mine, of course, somewhere among the first ten posts. And I actually said I want a smaller one.

After all these years in limbo, I can’t believe it’s actually going to get released. Snake Mountain looks absolutely amazing.

It’s gonna stick out a little on the shelf, but it’ll fit!!

Attachment 116912

Bittersweet.

I sold off my collection after the disastrous QC Wave 1 issues from Super 7.

It would have been great to get this, but I have no faith in their QC. Sad, cause had S7 paid more attention to detail, I would still be an All-In Collector.

I would have loved displaying this playset. It sure does look amazing in prototype form.

And to add insult to injury, Super 7's lack of attention to Collector's Choice continues. So it appears I definitely got out at the right time. I refuse to pay $40+ each for Filmation quality figures. Especially if they are of the same quality as Waves 1.

And the lack of attention to detail and consistency from S7, shown with the Laughing Prince Adam Filmation figure being produced with the Classics sword and not the Filmation is just another cautionary tale for this line going forward.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, ARTILLA, TUVAR, BADDHRA, SLIME PIT BONE WARRIOR,

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    This looks awesome, but I am still a bit concerned that this will get to production. I am definitely in for one, possibly two depending on the price. I just don't know how many they will need to sell vs. how many people will be interested once they announce the price. I'm planning for the worst considering Hasbro was charging $500 for the Sail Barge and had to sell 5000 of those to make it worth their time. I don't know how the size compares since it's a different scale, but I would imagine it's equally as complex.
    I feel exactly the same way. But so far, Super 7 has released everything they said they would, albeit with some QC issues along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    So I noticed no trap door at the top gate? Did the previous prototype have the trap door? It's not a deal breaker for me or anything. Just curious if what we are seeing has deviated from the initial showing. I don't recall the trap door previously but thought I recalled seeing the net.
    I believe Dan's video walkthrough showed the trap door behind the gate.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Wasn't Grayskull $250? I think if this is anything above $400 then I wish them luck getting enough buyers!

Besides doesn't Grayskull have a lot more separate and functioning parts? Snake Mountain probably only has the bridge and table and throne being the only other separate tools? Then again it has a more detailed interior which won't help cost... Still I think $350-$400 should be their aim, otherwise a lot of people just won't bother.
    I thought Castle Grayskull originally came out for like $350, no? It felt like that much, anyway. I imagine this playset, which appears larger, and seems to have about as much going on inside, would/should be about $500 shipped (look at Hasbro's Jabba's Sail Barge) - maybe more if they plan on doing a Kickstarter where the more people who order, the more add-ins S7 can supply.

I think I can handle about $500. I showed my six-year-old daughter this morning as soon as she woke up, and she literally squealed with delight. We love our Castle Grayskull, but the villains always have to hole up on an empty shelf in our adventures.

I wonder if there will be a net into which the figures can fall from the trap door?
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by GoldBlade6 View Post
    I thought Castle Grayskull originally came out for like $350, no? It felt like that much, anyway. I imagine this playset, which appears larger, and seems to have about as much going on inside, would/should be about $500 shipped (look at Hasbro's Jabba's Sail Barge) - maybe more if they plan on doing a Kickstarter where the more people who order, the more add-ins S7 can supply.
    I have kept all my old Matty emails, and I bought one Castle Grayskull on 10/16/2012 for $250 with $36.85 shipping, for a total of $286.85, and another Castle, that I ended up selling, on 11/03/2012 with the shipping price of $19.65 (I think they had problems calculating shipping at first), for a total of $269.65. I do remember Scott saying they were heavily discounting the shipping on this thing.

So, almost 6 years ago, pre-order customers got it for just under $300. I think the starting price was $300 when it was put up on Matty, not including shipping. So, for something that is much bigger, being made by a much smaller company, in likely much smaller quantities, with shipping and plastic prices likely higher now than then, a price tag of $400-$500 seems in the right range.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Stratos, 4) Prince Adam, 5) Leech, 6) Kobra Khan, 7) Moss Man, 8) Shadow Weaver, 9) Bow, 10) Buzz Off

I wonder if they plan on making this at the Mattel Factory or the new Super7 factory. I would feel much more confident dropping $500+ on this if they use the old Mattel Factory.
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

So, the wolf tower (former microphone) looks to have a door in it. Does anyone else think that maybe that's where Skeletor keeps the Havoc Staff? Other ideas?
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    So, the wolf tower (former microphone) looks to have a door in it. Does anyone else think that maybe that's where Skeletor keeps the Havoc Staff? Other ideas?
    Its where he keeps his evil snacks. The Pantry of the Damned.
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

Totally Dyslexic
    hahahaha

Skeletors own closet
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

The face on the right side looks like a fan custom unfortunately. I miss the super professional look of the original ... the rest is great but that face. Looks like it was sculpted from Super Sculpey

Court Magician
    I have a big question, what happen whith collector choise line, no reveals, last news 1 year ago, the snake mountain so good, but many people want to see new figures, Toy Fair no news, at the moment no news, any idea what happen.

Ugh I want this so bad but I just don't have the space and if it really is going to be $500 I just can't justify putting forth that much money.

Quote Originally Posted by Karatzis View Post
    I have a big question, what happen whith collector choise line, no reveals, last news 1 year ago, the snake mountain so good, but many people want to see new figures, Toy Fair no news, at the moment no news, any idea what happen.
    Quoting myself from another thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne-klops
    Super7 stated a while back that their goal was to do 1 wave a quarter once they got up an running, alternating between Club Grayskull and Collector's Choice wave. This appears to be an indication that they are ready to start that release strategy, and no surprise that the more popular and higher-selling of the two lines is shown first at SDCC. I would expect that once the pre-order for this Club Grayskull Wave 3 is done, we will then see the Collector's Choice Wave 3, perhaps either at Power Con, or maybe a little later at NYCC.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Stratos, 4) Prince Adam, 5) Leech, 6) Kobra Khan, 7) Moss Man, 8) Shadow Weaver, 9) Bow, 10) Buzz Off

Quote Originally Posted by Karatzis View Post
    They might be waiting for power-con.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

I think it’s also plausible that this could conceivably take the place of a CC wave. My credit card debt would appreciate that.

As others have said, there might not even be a CC wave right now. You can only release so much stuff at any given time before you shoot yourself in the foot. This isn't the Matty model where they could show all of this stuff because it was spread out and you didn't have to pay for it 100% upfront.

I don't think that they have plans to show off stuff that isn't on the verge of going live via Pre-Orders. You've already got people 100% paid and all in waiting on Wave 2. They just launched the Adam Pre-Order. Now they've shown off W3 Filmation and SM. That's a good deal of stuff hanging over people's heads right now and I'm not even counting the PC exclusives which is another added expense.

This could be it for a bit, although I'd be shocked not to see any thing at all at PC.

OH MOTHER GLORY! It is real! They're gonna make it! Sold! I definitely hope there is a payment plan for this one!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    For some reason, whenever I look at the seat of the Bone Throne, it looks like Skeletor sits on a giant He-Man wig. I can't unsee it!
    I had exactly that thought. It looks very odd. But everything else looks promising. It needs some more shading though to give it some texture.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    Above the Throne you can see a picture. I see Hordak on the left and Adora on the right, like facing each other. But in the middle I also see a Hordak and Adora as figures. Any idea about that "painting hanging on the wall"?

untitled.jpg
    Last edited by Lex_Alfa; July 19, 2018 at 07:10pm.
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

cant believe my eyes!
    what a joy!! not so much for my bank account lol I really hope for a payment plan

and that Icon heroes statues will be easily forgotten, shame on you guys for not reissuing, now this is the big thing, the interior looks great, I love the throne bones and look out at so many accessories.
    Looking for more pics !
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex_Alfa View Post
    Above the Throne you can see a picture. I see Hordak on the left and Adora on the right, like facing each other. But in the middle I also see a Hordak and Adora as figures. Any idea about that "painting hanging on the wall"?

untitled.jpg
    It is the two pack of their re-Action Exclusive She-Ra vs Hordak which seems to reflect in the glas.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I am new to this site and before joining recently hadn't followed MATU since the mid 80's, but I'm going to guess the demand for Snake Mnt is going to be less then Castle Grayskull. Thinking this might keep the price in the 300 range. Yes? No?