Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Snake Mountain revealed from Super7 at SDCC 2018

So excited for this!! I was able to view this in person and was amazed by the sheer size, details and paint job on this. My concern would be the cost of it and if it goes the crowd funding way, we all need to pull this off.
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O! Catch my pics on Instagram: countjudas FOR 2018: Kayo, Lizorr, Sagitar, Negator, Hunga the Harpy, Kol Darr, Catra cat form, Leo Faker, Anti Eternia MAA and Orko, Melog, Filmation Ram Man

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNSC7 View Post
    I am new to this site and before joining recently hadn't followed MATU since the mid 80's, but I'm going to guess the demand for Snake Mnt is going to be less then Castle Grayskull. Thinking this might keep the price in the 300 range. Yes? No?
    It’s a bit larger than CGS and being produced by a smaller company with shallower pockets. I’d wager 500 is closer to the mark.

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    It is the two pack of their re-Action Exclusive She-Ra vs Hordak which seems to reflect in the glas.
    http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...ack-1_full.jpg
    Thank you! It's true.
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

I wonder how much kidneys go for on the black market…
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it and cannot wait!

Thanks to Brian and the 4H, it’s a dream come true!!!
    Hey Super 7, Snake Mountain rocks! Let's Kickstart it!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I believe Dan's video walkthrough showed the trap door behind the gate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post

I wonder if there will be a net into which the figures can fall from the trap door?
    Ok yeah I can see the trap door sticking up a bit from the behind shot. I was thinking of the old one with the smaller platform and the trap door was right under the gate. They really made that platform a nice size and I prefer how they put the trap behind the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    So, the wolf tower (former microphone) looks to have a door in it. Does anyone else think that maybe that's where Skeletor keeps the Havoc Staff? Other ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    Its where he keeps his evil snacks. The Pantry of the Damned.
    Lol. I’m so glad they kept the wolf head from the old microphone. The base looks cool too. Good catch on the hinges. Love to know what it’s for. Havok staff recharging station does sound like a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by bango1 View Post
    The face on the right side looks like a fan custom unfortunately. I miss the super professional look of the original ... the rest is great but that face. Looks like it was sculpted from Super Sculpey
    The original face was just as muppet-ish. I actually like how it looks. It’s got a cool texture. I wonder if this is a sculpt or a near finish production piece. If it’s a sculpt it may loose that rough clay sculpt look in the process. I just hope the eyes are painted and not a decal.

So now that I’m off from work I had time to really look at this and I am even more impressed than earlier. I wouldn’t mind the right face section being a bit bigger but I’m happy as is. Many seem to thing it’s too big so I understand bigger may put offf many fans. The details are amazing! My criticism of the vintage one was that the inside didn’t have much play value besides the net to catch figures from the trap door and the PA system. They really gave us a bit more here and made it more than just a hollow shell display piece. Well done.

I sold off my vintage SM when this was teased a while back. You can imagine how crushed I was when I figured we’d never get this. Now I feel vindicated! Pure win.
    Last edited by MJOLNIR; July 19, 2018 at 08:36pm.

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    How much same as Grayskull?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Capeträger View Post
    I love the design, but my problem is the same I always have with playsets: The scale is all over the place.
    I mean, the stairs, the doors, the furniture, it all fits the Classics scale. But that would mean that Snake Mountain is tiny. Not much of a mountain, not much of a lair, not much of a snake god. Of course, if you want it as a playset, that's kinda unavoidable.
    So, they did the best they could and it looks amazing.
    But I would love to have a Snake Mountain Model that is not in scale with Classics but looks more realistically sized. Maybe it could be a model In Universe. Not instead of this, I understand the value of a playset, but additionally.
    And I would love for some parts to be sold seaparately. The gate, the piece with the tentacles and lizards, the throne, the table ... because I won't by this. Neither have the room, nor the money.

Scale is always the issue with Snake mountain. I remember in the cartoon where He-man and Skeletor were battling inside the mouth of the snake... So as a kid that always bugged me. But yeah, the original stairs, the bridge, the doors... everything was too tiny. What I would love is a playset THIS size... but with figures that were 3 3/4. Castle Grayskull looks better with the original figures than it does the MOTUC figures.. and if you throw some GI Joes or Marvel Universe figures in front of it... it's looks massively epic :P

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    I'm really hoping we either get plenty of head way to save funds to purchase this or get to make payments. I kinda hope that Snake Mountain replaces the Collector's Choice figures this round, just to save on funds. As much as I enjoy the Club Grayskull figures (one & all) I would put my money into Snake Mountain if push came to shove.... I really want all.
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack, "new" characters as designed by Axor (Axel)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    Bittersweet.

I sold off my collection after the disastrous QC Wave 1 issues from Super 7.
    Could have kept the first few figures as a complete Matty set. With S7 I'm not buying everything they put out.

Teela: legs issue
    Tri-Klops: color issue
    Hordak: not my thing
    Man-at-arms: winner

Last edited by ToyCulture; July 19, 2018 at 09:24pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Holy crap ! Just when I thought they couldn't do anything dumber they do something like this and totally redeem themselves! If they can pull this off they'll have a customer for life

And..... All is right in the world

Heroic Warrior
    For the people thinking that if they did a kickstarter or crowdsource type of thing they wouldnt make their goal; Jabba’s sail barge had a goal of 5K units that leople were not certain theyd meet as it hovered around 3K for a long while; As it drew near the deadline, they blew past their goal by over 3K units.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Quote Originally Posted by ToyCulture View Post
    Could have kept the first few figures as a complete Matty set. With S7 I'm not buying everything they put out.

Teela: legs issue
    Tri-Klops: color issue
    Hordak: not my thing
    Man-at-arms: winner

I kept about 30 figures. Sold the rest. I had an epically complete collection with tons of 3rd party stuff. Only have a bit of it left now. I gotta admit, the space thing was a big issue, cuz I have other collections I display. Not sure what I would have done with all of it, plus Snake Mountain. That thing will be friggin' huge.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, ARTILLA, TUVAR, BADDHRA, SLIME PIT BONE WARRIOR,

Whatever the cost, I'm was always in for Snake Mountain. It looks great. Definite purchase for me.

I think this gives everyone plenty of time to start saving their pennies. It's July and from what Brian said it looks like we'll get more details about a Pre-Order around Sept.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

http://give.transplants.org/goto/justintrease

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Wasn't Grayskull $250? I think if this is anything above $400 then I wish them luck getting enough buyers!
    As noted above, the Jedi Sail Barge was a success, notwithstanding the larger fan base for Star Wars. That was $500.

But, if anything, the fate of this Classics Snake Mountain will provide a handy barometer to gauge just how 'healthy' the MOTU(C) license is circa 2018 (and how deep fan pockets are at this late stage). If it fails to be 'Kickstarted', or doesn't receive enough pre-orders, that could seriously undermine the confidence of Super7 going forward, and would certainly hurt the fan community (or, at least, the Classics wing of that community). Worse, if the set did get released but was seriously compromised by quality control issues, that would certainly be the end of (already wavering) consumer confidence in Super7 MOTUC and, by extension, the end of the line...

EDIT: The following video (just uploaded) explains a lot, at 8:50 for Snake Mountain. Pixel Dan really is doing some amazing work getting these videos out so quickly.

Last edited by alcala66; July 20, 2018 at 03:50am.

I looked back through my old emails.
    Castle Grayskull was indeed $250 when I pre-ordered it
    Shipping to the UK was $94, which sounded a lot at the time... but I'd be happy if it was anywhere near approaching that now!

Personally, I'd rather that Snake Mountain wasn't as much as $500.
    Just looking at the US inflation rate alone $250 in 2012 is about $275 in today's money.
    Snake Mountain is bigger than Grayskull, plastic may have increased in price faster than the average inflation rate, and it's likely to have a smaller production run.
    So it's obviously going to be more than $275, I just hope it's not that much more.

That said Castle Grayskull went up in price after the pre-order period didn't it?
    If you wanted to buy it from Mattrycollector on release it was $300, I think.
    So I guess we should be prepared for a steep price on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I looked back through my old emails.
    Castle Grayskull was indeed $250 when I pre-ordered it
    Shipping to the UK was $94, which sounded a lot at the time... but I'd be happy if it was anywhere near approaching that now!

Personally, I'd rather that Snake Mountain wasn't as much as $500.
    Just looking at the US inflation rate alone $250 in 2012 is about $275 in today's money.
    Snake Mountain is bigger than Grayskull, plastic may have increased in price faster than the average inflation rate, and it's likely to have a smaller production run.
    So it's obviously going to be more than $275, I just hope it's not that much more.

That said Castle Grayskull went up in price after the pre-order period didn't it?
    If you wanted to buy it from Mattrycollector on release it was $300, I think.
    So I guess we should be prepared for a steep price on this one.
    Given they will sell fewer Snake Mountain than Grayskull at this point in the line,
    and that it requires larger tooling than Grayskull,
    and since Super7 has to pay royalties,
    I'd say to expect upwards of $600.00+ on the price, plus s/h.

The lower quantity ordered is the biggest factor. If they could sell 9000 of Jaba's barge, and that's Star Wars which is WAY bigger in terms of quantity of collectors/fans than MOTU, I'd say we're looking at around 2000 Snake Mountain.
    A small quantity is going to make the price skyrocket when the break-even at the factory is probably around 5000 units. Once you dip below the break-even, the price has to be averaged across the total expense, which means a HUGE bump in price. And there's nothing anyone can do about that.

So start saving those dollar and pennies now if you want this!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Euros and cents are already saved here <3

Awesome interview Dan and Brian. And well done Super7! You guys have been puttin' in some serious work.
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

It looks amazing and I'd love to get it but I'm just not sure if I can justify spending that much. My Grayskull has been out it's box once when I first got and in storage ever since as I just don't have room for it. It's a lot of money to spend for something to just sit in storage, heck it's a lot of money full stop.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    That's still the Sculpt by the Four Horsemen right?
    HA! I missread your post as "Sculpy" thinking you ment the blue tac holding things on. For some reason that just tickled me.

She-Ra looks really beautiful!!!

As RuPaul would say, "don't **** it up!"

IF the movie gets released, will that help sales and production of MOTU?