Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Collector's Choice done?

Is Collector's Choice done?

Not trying to create panic, but unfortunately I see a trend here...

Powercon exclusives ---> Club Grayskull only

SDCC exclusive ---> Club Grayskull only

SDCC reveals ---> Club Grayskull only

And yes, I know there's Snake Mountain, but that's kust a kickstarter project and we are not even sure we are actually getting it..

I hope I am just seeing things and that someone at the Con will provide us with some (good) fresh news on the future of the original MOTUC.

In the most recent Pixel Dan video from San Diego with Flynn he addresses this. Plenty more classics in the works and on the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    I'd say no.

You can close the thread now. :-)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=pilamribs;3790579]In the most recent Pixel Dan video from San Diego with Flynn he addresses this. Plenty more classics in the works and on the way

Wow, I must have missed it and didn't see it mentioned in the threads.
    Thanks for the good news!

Here ya go boss!! Good news indeed!!

https://youtu.be/ujbYlMzhTJY

[QUOTE=tumalu;3790583]
    Quote Originally Posted by pilamribs View Post
    In the most recent Pixel Dan video from San Diego with Flynn he addresses this. Plenty more classics in the works and on the way

Wow, I must have missed it and didn't see it mentioned in the threads.
    Thanks for the good news!
    What’s wrong with Filmation taking the spotlight this year?
    Last year powercon exclusives were all collectors choice characters...6 of them to be exact.
    I think it’s nice when the playing field gets evened out each year.
    Next year it will probably be a little of each.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

I like what Bryan said...less stuff at one time and smaller windows for each....much better...

No, but I don't think it has much life left to it. Flynn said they have some more reveals to come for it but it doesn't make much financial sense for them to continue this line. They charge the same amount for these as they do the Club Grayskull figures, which are supposed to be cheaper to make. They aren't doing a good job at differentiating the two lines. They threw in an obvious filmation character (Hawke) in with Collectors choice last wave (likely to save on production costs). Plus, its only the obscure characters left at this point so obviously the market is much smaller than the more popular characters. There are still a few characters I'd like to see made in the CC line, but not many.

Personally I'd rather see them discontinue the CC line and make more Ultimates. The Ultimates were a homerun. Definitely the best figures they've put out in any line quality-wise. I know they have stated they've no intentions to make more Ultimates. I just really wish they would reconsider it.
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    I don't think it's done, but the lack of reveals is definitely disappointing. Those Club Grayskull figures don't hold a candle to MOTUC to me, so it's been a boring SDCC outside the Mattel dolls tease and great Snake Mountain update.

A Snake Mountain will be coming and Brian Flynn said more MOTUC is on the way, so the real MOTUC should still be around for the foreseeable future. If it isn't, my interest will wane incredibly.

No, it's not done, as has been pointed out in the interview Dan had with Brian. Also, we just had Stridor, Collector's Choice beast. We're about to have Wave 2 Collector's Choice in our hands in a few weeks. The Montork and Dree Elle 2 pack is technically Collector's Choice despite being in the Filmation package. Plus Snake Mountain! The Wave 3 Collector's Choice will be revelaed a little down the road. I think there is still a lot of life to that line, personally. As long as they are making their financial targets on that line, of course it makes sense to keep producing it. If they just rush out all the Club Grayskull figures in lieu of making any more Collector's Choice, they would probalby be done with the line completely by 2020. I imagine they are planning on making the 7" figures for longer than that, as long as enough people keep buying them.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Snake Mountain is Collector's Choice, so, no, it's not done.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Brian said that there are a lot more characters to be done in CC. Have no fear. Per the video there are more figures in the works.

I may be in a very small camp of collectors who really enjoys both lines. I'm a old school mini comic fan but can not turn a blind eye to the Filmation awesomeness coming from the GS line. I think The Grayskull line may be domineering the con simply because they still have some popular characters still to roll out. Personally I'd have loved a Masks of the Power Demons CC 2 pack but I understand that A or B list characters may have more mass appeal to casual con goers that may not be part of our die hard coven here. More CC figures are coming. In the meantime start saving for SM.

Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    Brian said that there are a lot more characters to be done in CC. Have no fear. Per the video there are more figures in the works.

I may be in a very small camp of collectors who really enjoys both lines. I think The Grayskull line may be domineering the con simply because they still have some popular characters still to roll out. Personally I'd have loved a Masks of the Power Demons CC 2 pack but I understand that A or B list characters may have more mass appeal to casual con goers that may not be part of our die hard coven here. More CC figures are coming. In the meantime start saving for SM.
    I definitely enjoy both lines and want both to keep continuing for many years!
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Heroic Warrior
    I don’t think it’s done. I assume they’ll show something at PowerCon. That said, I collect both lines, but I’m frustrated at how overbearing the Filmation side has become. I truly think any and all Filmation belongs in the CG sub. CC is obviously second fiddle now. We need those precious few slots for the many other factions. And to those who say CG is only for Filmation variants, will you say the same thing when CC goes away?

I'm a old school mini comic fan but can not turn a blind eye to the Filmation awesomeness
    No doubt. As a hardcore Sunbow G.I. Joe fan, I can’t begrudge Filmation fans having accurate figures. I’d love to have a full line up of cartoon Joes. It’s the dream!
    Last edited by ero; July 20, 2018 at 02:23pm.

Quote Originally Posted by ero View Post
    I don’t think it’s done. I assume they’ll show something at PowerCon. That said, I collect both lines, but I’m frustrated at how overbearing the Filmation side has become. I truly think any and all Filmation belongs in the CG sub. CC is obviously second fiddle now. We need those precious few slots for the many other factions. And to those who say CG is only for Filmation variants, will you say the same thing when CC goes away?
    It's obvious to why Filmation has dominated though. There's just so many more desirable figures to do and S7 has the sales to prove it as they've stated as such.

In the video, Brian's WAYYYY off on his timelines though. Just call it how it is. By the time people get Wave 2 it will be a FULL YEAR since the Pre-Order opened and people paid, not that 5-7 month crap stated there.

I would think Collector's Choice would take a while just to decide on the next wave of characters.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I don't think it's done, but the lack of reveals is definitely disappointing. Those Club Grayskull figures don't hold a candle to MOTUC to me, so it's been a boring SDCC outside the Mattel dolls tease and great Snake Mountain update.

A Snake Mountain will be coming and Brian Flynn said more MOTUC is on the way, so the real MOTUC should still be around for the foreseeable future. If it isn't, my interest will wane incredibly.

There is a reason Club Grayskull was Shown first and why it will go up for Preorder first. Super7's theme this year was HORDAK's LAIR Super7 advertised The Horde are invading and there is Filmation Grizzlor , Filmation Mantenna and She-Ra in Club Grayskull.

Don't Forget Super7 doesn't want to Run both Club Grayskull and Collectors Choice in the same Preorder window. They want to do one for Collectors Choice and a separate one for Club Grayskull. It just happens that Club Grayskull is going first.

Don't worry Collectors Choice will be shown maybe at Powercon and then later on after the Club Grayskull preorder ios over they will open up the Collectors Choice Preorder.

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

I may be in a very small camp of collectors who really enjoys both lines. I'm a old school mini comic fan but can not turn a blind eye to the Filmation awesomeness coming from the GS line. I think The Grayskull line may be domineering the con simply because they still have some popular characters still to roll out. Personally I'd have loved a Masks of the Power Demons CC 2 pack but I understand that A or B list characters may have more mass appeal to casual con goers that may not be part of our die hard coven here. More CC figures are coming. In the meantime start saving for SM.
    My man. I too camp with thee.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    It's obvious to why Filmation has dominated though. There's just so many more desirable figures to do and S7 has the sales to prove it as they've stated as such.

In the video, Brian's WAYYYY off on his timelines though. Just call it how it is. By the time people get Wave 2 it will be a FULL YEAR since the Pre-Order opened and people paid, not that 5-7 month crap stated there.
    A full year? No that's incorrect Wave one started shipping in February of this year and Brian kept the wave two preorder window open until customers received their wave one figures.

So basicly the wave two preorder window was open for several monthes and once it closed Then Brian sent the order to the factory and he himself went to china to oversee things.
    From production time to shipping time is about 4 to 5 monthes for wave two.

Done? There are many more years left in it. They have so many MOTU irons in the fire at the moment that I'm glad we're not getting all the info in one shot. Hopefully new Classics will be unveiled at Power-Con. Otherwise, what else would they show there on that front?
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2019!!!

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

Heroic Warrior
    I really miss collectors choice! For my it's the real MOTUC. I was really hoping to see some new characters.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    A full year? No that's incorrect Wave one started shipping in February of this year and Brian kept the wave two preorder window open until customers received their wave one figures.

So basicly the wave two preorder window was open for several monthes and once it closed Then Brian sent the order to the factory and he himself went to china to oversee things.
    From production time to shipping time is about 4 to 5 monthes for wave two.
    No....The Pre-Order opened in September of 2017 and if you placed an order at that time you were charged at that time. I'm not talking about when it went in to production. That's irrelevant.

The premise of the argument was in regard to people paying for something up front until the time they receive it. That comes out to literally a year or more in this case since it's a fact that people won't get them until this September at the earliest. AND I'm betting that won't even happen. October at the earliest in all likelihood since nothing runs according to plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    No....The Pre-Order opened in September of 2017 and if you placed an order at that time you were charged at that time. I'm not talking about when it went in to production. That's irrelevant.

The premise of the argument was in regard to people paying for something up front until the time they receive it. That comes out to literally a year or more in this case since it's a fact that people won't get them until this September at the earliest. AND I'm betting that won't even happen. October at the earliest in all likelihood since nothing runs according to plan.
    You sound angry. I think Super7 did the right thing keeping the wave two Preorder open until wave one shipped to customers. This was an unusual instance since no preorder stays open that long. So again it really is only 4 to 5 monthes maybe 6 tops and If you want to compare what about the 4H their ML Advent Of Decay Kickctarter was a year ago and nothing on that has even shipped from their factory.

Things happen but in this instance it was because Super7 was being extreamly nice extending the wave 2 preorder window so that people wouldn't feel they keep shelling out money but have nothing to show for it.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    You sound angry. I think Super7 did the right thing keeping the wave two Preorder open until wave one shipped to customers. This was an unusual instance since no preorder stays open that long. So again it really is only 4 to 5 monthes maybe 6 tops and If you want to compare what about the 4H their ML Advent Of Decay Kickctarter was a year ago and nothing on that has even shipped from their factory.

Things happen but in this instance it was because Super7 was being extreamly nice extending the wave 2 preorder window so that people wouldn't feel they keep shelling out money but have nothing to show for it.
    If that's what angry sounds like to you, perhaps get out more. Or, you're here to just try and stir things up. So who's angry?

You're the one who "attempted" to correct me when the exact quote word for word can be cited from the video. Watch it again, I'm not going to go in length about it any more then I have, but it's there. He talks about the window of the Pre-Order to the delivery taking only 5-7 months. It's obviously been longer then that. The window is ALL inclusive, not just the last day. Fine, whatever just something that I pointed out.

It doesn't start from the END of the Pre-Order period, it's the whole process. In all honesty, the figures are supposed to be done for the most part once the period opens. The Pre-Order period is "supposed" to just be a window for people to buy and tally numbers for production. To say that 6 months or whatever of that doesn't count towards the waiting period is ludicrous.

When it opens and people pay it starts.

Please don't bring in other instances like how nice it was to extend it, what the 4H do etc. it's all irrelevant. I made a specific point about a specific instance. Case closed.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    According to S7, CC is not dead, but it's obvious that their champion line is CG, not CC. I suppose it's a simple matter of profits, that line sells more...

I don't agree to those saying that CC fans had Snake Mountain, so we should be happy. The point is that something that massive is not for everyone's wallet. And it is not as fun as seeing new characters made in plastic.

I'm collecting from both lines actually, trying to have a single collection I pick those Filmation characters that I could not get in Classics (or as it happened with Sorceress and She-Ra, those for which I never liked the Classics version), but the thing is that Filmation is a "catch-up" line for me, while CC brings the excitement of totally new characters finally made in plastic, so this SDCC was kind of boring for me.

In the past, the coverage for MOTUC was way better, with more excitement, I remember we were full of pictures of figures from different angles while the Con was still in progress, but now we just have a bunch of pics, a single one for every character. I haven't seen any picture of the Wave 2 CC figures that were shown at this Con, nobody seems to be interested. Toyark didn't cover it, nor CG figures for that matter... boring!
    Last edited by man-at-work; July 20, 2018 at 08:15pm.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar