Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Is Collector's Choice done?

Heroic Warrior
    As per the latest Q&A:

5. WalkerBoh: It has been theorized that the William Stout collection is the last attempt to keep the Collector's Choice line alive. If this pre-order wave does not meet your sales goals, will Collector's Choice continue?

While the Collector's Choice line has certainly run a long time and covered the majority of characters in the MOTU Universe, the William Stout collection was more an effort to create figures of some of the most often requested characters in a way that works for everyone. Our follow up to this wave is the Collector's Choice Snake Mountain playset. Beyond that, who knows?!

Not a fan of the 'Beyond that, who knows?!' part...hopefully they're just playing coy and have another wave planned after that.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    As per the latest Q&A:

5. WalkerBoh: It has been theorized that the William Stout collection is the last attempt to keep the Collector's Choice line alive. If this pre-order wave does not meet your sales goals, will Collector's Choice continue?

While the Collector's Choice line has certainly run a long time and covered the majority of characters in the MOTU Universe, the William Stout collection was more an effort to create figures of some of the most often requested characters in a way that works for everyone. Our follow up to this wave is the Collector's Choice Snake Mountain playset. Beyond that, who knows?!

Not a fan of the 'Beyond that, who knows?!' part...hopefully they're just playing coy and have another wave planned after that.
    I wouldn't bet on it. I thought they were being coy about NA a few Q&A's back and look at it now.
    "..."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I wouldn't bet on it. I thought they were being coy about NA a few Q&A's back and look at it now.
    Yeah...I suppose at this stage in the game having Snake Mountain as the final MOTUC piece would be a good way to wrap it all up.

Eh! Who am I kidding?? I don't want it to end!!!!!!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Heroic Warrior
    My speculation - for that's all it is - is that Snake Mountain has taken so much effort that the Classics figures have been put on hold. I reckon the Stout figures were selected and arranged long ago. I don't think it's over yet, but we need some better character selection - such as these and these - to invigorate the line and inspire buyers.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not sure too much should be read into the "Who knows?" comment. All of the recent interviews with Mondo and with Super7 make it pretty clear that these smaller licensees are holding out waiting for what Mattel does with the movie. They could decide to pull the license. They could not. Really it seems as if these companies don't know what the future holds.

So, neither a death knell for the line or "we're going to keep going." At least not yet.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Heroic Warrior
    It's great Super7 is making Snake Mountain and I understand it takes a lot of resources. However, for me, since I am not getting Snake Mountain but am a fan of the Classics figures, it would be nice to get some reassurance that the line will continue after the movie wave. I guess we may need to wait until SDCC to get our answer.

After the current info, I think it’s safe to say that it’s not looking good. Hopefully Mattel will take it back and continue the line with better quality figures that don’t break straight out of the package.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    After the current info, I think it’s safe to say that it’s not looking good. Hopefully Mattel will take it back and continue the line with better quality figures that don’t break straight out of the package.
    hear, hear! fragile collectables from a small business might be what some people are looking for but i've always preferred my motu in hunky, chunky, sturdy toy form!