Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Collector's Choice done?

Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    No, but I don't think it has much life left to it. Flynn said they have some more reveals to come for it but it doesn't make much financial sense for them to continue this line. They charge the same amount for these as they do the Club Grayskull figures, which are supposed to be cheaper to make. They aren't doing a good job at differentiating the two lines. They threw in an obvious filmation character (Hawke) in with Collectors choice last wave (likely to save on production costs). Plus, its only the obscure characters left at this point so obviously the market is much smaller than the more popular characters. There are still a few characters I'd like to see made in the CC line, but not many.

Personally I'd rather see them discontinue the CC line and make more Ultimates. The Ultimates were a homerun. Definitely the best figures they've put out in any line quality-wise. I know they have stated they've no intentions to make more Ultimates. I just really wish they would reconsider it.
    I also very much like the ultimates. I was unable to purchase any, but I liked them quite alot. I'd be happy to see more, and particularly see the previous ones offered again. I think it would be very terrible if they were, maybe not evergreen, but offered more than that one time. They were very nice and figures people would be likely to want but only found out about too late.

I could also see at least a few Classics Ultimates I would either like to see or could imagine offering something worthy of interest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    Brian said that there are a lot more characters to be done in CC. Have no fear. Per the video there are more figures in the works.

I may be in a very small camp of collectors who really enjoys both lines. I'm a old school mini comic fan but can not turn a blind eye to the Filmation awesomeness coming from the GS line. I think The Grayskull line may be domineering the con simply because they still have some popular characters still to roll out. Personally I'd have loved a Masks of the Power Demons CC 2 pack but I understand that A or B list characters may have more mass appeal to casual con goers that may not be part of our die hard coven here. More CC figures are coming. In the meantime start saving for SM.
    I think it shows a lack of perspective for those who do not understand why Grayskull has been a bit in the forefront; Those figures started much later and so have many more figures of "A" popularity to release. I myself cannot afford to purchase both lines, but I would have once I saw how big it was getting.

I do endevour to get the ones that I feel have a place in my Classics collection as it is, so in my own small way I do support it. Even when I often cannot or will not purchase any of them, I love to see them presented and glad for those that can and do get them.

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    I dont feel someone like hunga or king Miro are necessarily z listers,more like c listers, twigged were main characters in the pop series and we dont have them yet
    I did say mostly z-listers. Aside from solid C-listers like those, there are also some A-list variants that have yet to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by king.of.grayskull View Post
    I really miss collectors choice! For my it's the real MOTUC. I was really hoping to see some new characters.
    I agree that Collectors Choice is the "real" MOTUC in that it is the direct continuation of the line. It's the "real deal" to me whereas the Grayskull figs are variants. Frankly they're all "Classics" in my eyes, in that they are the sculpt and buck system, so I'm good with everything. Certainlyl however I am much more interested in more MOTUC by way of CC characters we have yet to get in any form.

Quote Originally Posted by ero View Post
    I dont think its done. I assume theyll show something at PowerCon. That said, I collect both lines, but Im frustrated at how overbearing the Filmation side has become. I truly think any and all Filmation belongs in the CG sub. CC is obviously second fiddle now. We need those precious few slots for the many other factions. And to those who say CG is only for Filmation variants, will you say the same thing when CC goes away?

No doubt. As a hardcore Sunbow G.I. Joe fan, I cant begrudge Filmation fans having accurate figures. Id love to have a full line up of cartoon Joes. Its the dream!
    Man how sweet would a Sunbow Joe line be?!

Quote Originally Posted by pilamribs View Post
    My man. I too camp with thee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Deal, any time any place!

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I also very much like the ultimates. I was unable to purchase any, but I liked them quite alot. I'd be happy to see more, and particularly see the previous ones offered again. I think it would be very terrible if they were, maybe not evergreen, but offered more than that one time. They were very nice and figures people would be likely to want but only found out about too late.

I could also see at least a few Classics Ultimates I would either like to see or could imagine offering something worthy of interest.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it shows a lack of perspective for those who do not understand why Grayskull has been a bit in the forefront; Those figures started much later and so have many more figures of "A" popularity to release. I myself cannot afford to purchase both lines, but I would have once I saw how big it was getting.

I do endevour to get the ones that I feel have a place in my Classics collection as it is, so in my own small way I do support it. Even when I often cannot or will not purchase any of them, I love to see them presented and glad for those that can and do get them.

I have no problem mixing the lines myself. Im happy to add the Filmation Evil Seed to my shelf. We would not have him otherwise. Club Grayskull frees Collectors Choice from doing A list Filmation characters and open slots for more obscure Filmation figures, more NA, Mini comic or 200X figures. Keep me coming I say.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I agree that Collectors Choice is the "real" MOTUC in that it is the direct continuation of the line. It's the "real deal" to me whereas the Grayskull figs are variants. Frankly they're all "Classics" in my eyes, in that they are the sculpt and buck system, so I'm good with everything. Certainlyl however I am much more interested in more MOTUC by way of CC characters we have yet to get in any form.
    I see it as CC is the "real" MOTUC in an exclusive sense. CG is not (and cannot ever be) "Classics" to me, not in any way, shape or form by virtue of what CG explicitly sets out to be, as against what Classics always has been, and CC still is (or should be), if you ask me.

"Classics" implies (by way of historical demonstration) a certain aesthetic to the sculpt and execution of the figures which is, by explicitly stated intent, utterly lacking in CG (for it pursues another aesthetic, one which is rather at odds with the CC qua "Classics" aesthetic).

And so, if we reach a point where we get no more CC/Classics-styled figures, for instance one in which we get nothing but CG, then at that point, as I see it, CC is done and thereby so is Classics.
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    so glad to hear that there will be reveals at toyfair!!
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    so glad to hear that there will be reveals at toyfair!!
    Me too! And if they are the 1987 movie figures that are rumoured, I'm sure it'll bring back people who may have left the line and boost the sales a bit! Here's hoping!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Me too! And if they are the 1987 movie figures that are rumoured, I'm sure it'll bring back people who may have left the line and boost the sales a bit! Here's hoping!
    I hadn't heard this rumour! That would be amazing if true.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I hadn't heard this rumour! That would be amazing if true.
    When I say rumour, I should probably say fan speculation!

But yeah, fingers crossed!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

I'd be very surprised to learn that whoever/whatever entity is issuing merchandising licenses from the MoTU movie would be fond of the little stunt Super 7 pulled to get us our beloved Karg figure. But I've been wrong before (God knows!!), maybe they saw the fantastic Karg figure, and said: "Can You imagine a He-Man and Skeletor figure to go with THAT??". :^)
    Last edited by Snake_Man; January 3, 2019 at 04:26pm. Reason: closed the quote :^)
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

Quote Originally Posted by Snake_Man View Post
    I'd be very surprised to learn that whoever/whatever entity is issuing merchandising licenses from the MoTU movie would be fond of the little stunt Super 7 pulled to get us our beloved Karg figure. But I've been wrong before (God knows!!), maybe they saw the fantastic Karg figure, and said: "Can You imagine a He-Man and Skeletor figure to go with THAT??.. :^)
    Karg was not a little stunt he was based on a comic book look which was available. They just couldn't do him in Movie colors without the Lic and the Comic look and movie look had different hook hands. So I don't know where you are going with this.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

I hope it's not movie figures, but I fear that's what the next wave is going to be. Why else would there be a delay? For me, that makes for the most meh Classics wave to date, and I'll be looking more forward to the next Grayskull wave as a result.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    When I say rumour, I should probably say fan speculation!

But yeah, fingers crossed!
    fingers crossed indeed, I'd love to finally get a movie accurate Skeletor, He-Man, Beastman, Teela and Evil-Lyn!
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

I’m glad we’ve got CC reveals coming. I’ll continue to cherry pick CG for the characters that fit in and who we might not get in the “Classic-ized” style.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Maybe the delay is due to Lady Slither. She is way above the average figure with the snake tail. I could see that being why they delayed it.
    I hope its not movie figures either.
    MYP SKELETOR , Kay-la, ABC GIANTS, MYP Evil-lyn, MYP Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Queen Andreeno ,MYP King Randor, MYP or Dc Tri-Klops, MYP Squeeeze, General Rattlor, MYP Roboto

I'd be very surprised to learn that whoever/whatever entity is issuing merchandising licenses from the MoTU movie would be fond of the little stunt Super 7 pulled to get us our beloved Karg figure. But I've been wrong before (God knows!!), maybe they saw the fantastic Karg figure, and said: "Can You imagine a He-Man and Skeletor figure to go with THAT??.. :^)
    I agree I would very much love to see the movie figures but Karg fell under a little different type of licensing rights since he did appear in the 82 UK Motu Annuals first. Im assuming thats why he was allowed to be made. Although from the movie as well, hes actually a bit more comic accurate in the figure form. We can keep hoping though!! I know Ive got my fingers crossed!!

Totally Dyslexic
    Im not interested in another variant line. I have several He-Mans, Teelas, Skeletors by now and the movie versions are not that spectacular except Golden God Skeletor i love him simply because he is golden and i love shiny things. He would be the only variant i can except at this point. Once the FILMATION line is done they could change it to a variant line in general and there i would mind to see movie variants, 200X, NA variants, mini comics variants, Vintage POP variants there are a lot of variants i would like to see.

BUT NOT FOR COLLECTORS CHOICE AT THIS MOMENT!

I so hope for Sagitar, the female Rock warrior from the mini comic(thanks to Granitas rock pieces), King Miro in his 200X look, Melaktha and the Mask of Power Demons.

If there is only one mini comic item i think the Demons deserve to be made more so i would give the female spot to Lady Slither with a inter-chanceable full articulated snake tail.
    Last edited by Niki; January 3, 2019 at 12:07pm. Reason: autocorrect this time....aaaaaargh
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Im not interested in another variant line. I have several He-Mans, Teelas, Skeletons by now and the movie versions are not that spectacular except Golden God Skeletor i love him simply because he is golden and i love shiny things. He would be the only variant i can except at this point. Once the FILMATION line is done they could change it to a variant line in general and there i would mind to see movie variants, 200X, NA variants, mini comics variants, Vintage POP variants there are a lot of variants i would like to see.

BUT NOT FOR COLLECTORS CHOICE AT THIS MOMENT!

I so hope for Sagitar, the female Rock warrior from the mini comic(thanks to Granitas rock pieces), King Miro in his 200X look, Melaktha and the Mask of Power Demons.
    Although I wouldnt mind the movie figures at all I agree with your point on the variant situation. There are several NA figures Id love to see as well as a lot of stuff from the minis... MASKS OF POWER DEMONS WOULD BE A DREAM COME TRUE!!!

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by pilamribs View Post
    Although I wouldnt mind the movie figures at all I agree with your point on the variant situation. There are several NA figures Id love to see as well as a lot of stuff from the minis... MASKS OF POWER DEMONS WOULD BE A DREAM COME TRUE!!!

To be honest, i dont really need the demons but even I remember them from mini comics from way Way WAY back when i was a child. They simply deserve to be made. I would love to see them packed in with the their little goblins versions and the masks...all tough since the heads are removable you can always use the demons heads as the masks hanging on a wall...a little creepy but hey.

I know im the only one who wants to see the two additional mini comics Rock Warriors made into figures but like the demons i remember seeing them and wanting them the moment i saw them. I simply loved the mini comics and still do.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by T-man View Post
    Maybe the delay is due to Lady Slither. She is way above the average figure with the snake tail. I could see that being why they delayed it.
    I hope its not movie figures either.
    My thoughts exactly
    Danielsan52

HELP! The Devil's in my Car!!
    The B-52's

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Karg was not a little stunt he was based on a comic book look which was available. They just couldn't do him in Movie colors without the Lic and the Comic look and movie look had different hook hands. So I don't know where you are going with this.
    The US MOTU Magazine take on Karg was already in the works at Mattel in 2016 before Super7 took over the license, as were the rest of the characters in that wave if I'm not mistaken. Brandon was pushing hard to get the magazine version of Karg into the line, and I believe he succeeded in getting it approved not long before the license went over to Super7. Mattel had also named the Horde mummy Wrap Trap before Super7 got the license. Several of the characters in CC waves 1 and 2 were already being talked about for 2017 lineups toward the end of Mattel era.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    The US MOTU Magazine take on Karg was already in the works at Mattel in 2016 before Super7 took over the license, as were the rest of the characters in that wave if I'm not mistaken. Brandon was pushing hard to get the magazine version of Karg into the line, and I believe he succeeded in getting it approved not long before the license went over to Super7. Mattel had also named the Horde mummy Wrap Trap before Super7 got the license. Several of the characters in CC waves 1 and 2 were already being talked about for 2017 lineups toward the end of Mattel era.
    And that what scares me a bit in this statement... I mean, if these characters were already in the works,
    what's the real potential of S7 in terms of innovation?
    We know (which is understandable) that they depend on Mattel's bank of toolings, at least, what's still available to date.
    I'd kill to find out how venturous they'd be, how far they could go otherwise.
    NEW EP "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    And that what scares me a bit in this statement... I mean, if these characters were already in the works,
    what's the real potential of S7 in terms of innovation?
    We know (which is understandable) that they depend on Mattel's bank of toolings, at least, what's still available to date.
    I'd kill to find out how venturous they'd be, how far they could go otherwise.
    Well, I did say "several," not ALL. I'm pretty sure that at least Quakke and Fang-Or were chosen by Super7 and the Four Horsemen after Mattel passed the torch.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Totally Dyslexic
    Well, I did say "several," not ALL. I'm pretty sure that at least Quakke and Fang-Or were chosen by Super7 and the Four Horsemen after Mattel passed the torch.
    As long as the FOUR HORSEMEN design the figures and have something to say im not that worried.

Plus it seems they have Axel Gimenez on board when it comes to design as well. Or am i wrong?

Heroic Warrior
    And they were good choices, and I say that as someone with no interest in NA. Quakke was a well-designed figure. Fang-Or was superb. That's where the focus of Classics needs to be. As we've seen in the 100+ thread, the potential for truly great pieces of art is enormous.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk