Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official DC Aquaman movie thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    My sister and I have made the same plans, and I'm already anticipating buying the movie on DVD next year.
    Likewise with the DVD.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Apparently, a few advance screenings are predicting a SMASH HIT for Aquaman's success at the box office according to this article! I just know it will be a colossal success and I can't wait to see it in two weeks time - then we have the average four month wait for the DVD release.

https://www.thewrap.com/aquaman-earl...-film-to-date/

*Early viewers say it’s as good as — or maybe better than — “Wonder Woman”

Just over a year since the mixed critical and audience reception for “Justice League,” fans of the Warner Bros.’ DC-verse are looking for James Wan’s “Aquaman” to get the series back on track. And based on the first round of social media reactions on Monday, their wish might be granted.

“Aquaman” received its first screening at a Warner Bros. press event Nov. 14, and critics and reporters who attended have been at high tide since the social media embargo lifted earlier Monday. Many are even hailing the film as equal to — or possibly better than — last year’s “Wonder Woman,” which was one of the top films of summer 2017 with $821 million grossed worldwide.

“‘Aquaman’ is the most ambitious DC film to date,” tweeted Fandango managing editor Erik Davis. “A big, sprawling visual spectacle that is gorgeous, crazy, stuffed with terrific action, and a lot of fun to watch. James Wan, in my opinion, is the true star – he elevates the material, makes it entertaining and conquers it.”*

Read the article for more!

Cheers, Mikey
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Yes, looking forward to it..

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    I can't wait for the Aquaman movie but it will not be my first movie of that weekend since Alita Battle Angel comes out as well.
    Hey, I know this is an old quote, and you've probably already heard, but the Alita release date was pushed back to February.
    'By the power of Grayskull, I (kind of) have the power!"

Hey Aqua-Fans

I found some interesting merchandise, some of which is about the forthcoming Aquaman movie (two colouring/activity/sticker books), and the other is an animated Aquaman DVD. The DVD is actually a compilation of classic features like Aqua-centric Super Friends episodes, and/or Filmation's The Adventures of Aquaman series.

COLORING/ACTIVITY & STICKER BOOKS:

Aquaman Colour Activity.jpg

Aquaman Sticker.jpg

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-Aqua...k/173628919679

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-Aqua...k/173628919632

AQUAMAN & FRIENDS DVD:

Aquaman Friends.jpg

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Aquaman-...d/382606398895

As a member of The Aquaman Shrine & Friends Of Aquaman (FOAM) fan clubs, I'll keep searching for more Aquaman merchandise and report my findings.

Cheers, Mikey
    Last edited by Mikey; December 6, 2018 at 05:39am.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

Good News Aqua-Fans! Aquaman is doing very well indeed in foreign markets, like in China where the movie made $93.6,000,000 in its opening weekend, making it #1 from that market alone. Just wait until it is released worldwide. We have an aquatic smash hit on our hands!

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4464

*The domestic weekend was, for the most part, as light as was expected. While it wasn't the lowest grossing weekend of the year so far, it was the second lowest with the top twelve delivering a combined $77.8 million. This is all in advance of what should be a profitable holiday season to come and we got a hint as to just how profitable it could be with the launch of WB's Aquaman in China this weekend where the film delivered a massive $93.6 million, becoming the #1 film globally from one market alone.*

Cheers, Mikey

Just saw Aquaman with my daughter last night. I gotta say It was impressive.

Apparently, Aquaman is doing really well in international markets, I know I can't wait to see it myself on Friday. So far it has made $152 Million!

*Warner Bros.’ tentpole “Aquaman” has taken in $152 million overseas in 36 markets, with $135 million of that from China, where it opened on Dec. 7.

The Jason Momoa vehicle has become the highest China grosser in the DC Universe and surpassed the lifetime grosses of “Spider-Man: Homecoming” and “Black Panther” in the Middle Kingdom. Mexico debuted with $1.4 million on Thursday on 3,517 screens while Russia and Brazil each took in $1.3 million.

Indonesia has taken in $2.2 million in two days and the U.K. generated $1.8 million in two days of previews. Taiwan’s two-day total is $1.4 million and the Philippines generated $1.1 million. In the U.S., Amazon Prime is holding advance screenings of “Aquaman” on Dec. 15 amid expectations of a $65 million opening weekend in North America on Dec.*

In another article, Aquaman has generated around $200 Million and rising!

https://www.imdb.com/news/ni62313625?ref_=tt_nwr1

*Saturday Update: Riding a wave into seven more markets on Friday, Warner Bros/DC’s Aquaman fished out another $27M from overseas turnstiles, lifting the international box office cume to $179.1M. There are 43 offshore hubs now in release, ahead of a further 28 next session which open alongside North America.

The Trident of Neptune is claiming No. 1 in each market on Friday. Play is led by China which had a record bow last frame and, with yesterday’s grosses, hit the Rmb 1B mark, or $147.4M. Early estimates out of the Middle Kingdom for Saturday add another $24M (not included in the cumes above) which already propels Aquaman across $200M internationally today.

The China Friday was a terrific 45% drop from the first full day of play last weekend. Aquaman is now WB’s No. 2 biggest grosser in the market which has fallen hook, line and sinker for the Jason Momoa-starrer.*
    Last edited by Mikey; December 16, 2018 at 05:36am.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Much as I loved Wonder Woman, I have to say that James Wan's Aquaman tops it in all ways. A visual feast for the eyes, (ironic that ILM is the special effects house for the movie, particularly since they are owned by the House of Mouse, who of course owns DC's rival Marvel). The story is coherent, fast paced without leaving you wondering what the heck is going on, and stands completely on it's own.

It makes a passing reference to Justice League and that's it. It may very well be that DCEU might be able to right their cinematic ship if they stay away from the dark emo garbage that Zack Snyder tried to shove down our throats. Guess we'll see if they stay the course when SHAZAM! comes out.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Much as I loved Wonder Woman, I have to say that James Wan's Aquaman tops it in all ways. A visual feast for the eyes, (ironic that ILM is the special effects house for the movie, particularly since they are owned by the House of Mouse, who of course owns DC's rival Marvel). The story is coherent, fast paced without leaving you wondering what the heck is going on, and stands completely on it's own.

It makes a passing reference to Justice League and that's it. It may very well be that DCEU might be able to right their cinematic ship if they stay away from the dark emo garbage that Zack Snyder tried to shove down our throats. Guess we'll see if they stay the course when SHAZAM! comes out.
    Do you think Snyder took the wrong lessons from The Dark Knight trilogy as much as much as some 90s comics took the wrong lessons from Alan Moore, Frank Miller, Katushiro Otomo and more?
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Personally, I've loved every DC Comics related movie, even those that are dubbed as "unpopular" by certain fans or the critics. There's always something redeemable about every movie, and in my opinion, they are brilliant.

Heroic Warrior
    HAquaman[/I][/B] DVD. The DVD is actually a compilation of classic features like Aqua-centric Super Friends episodes, and/or Filmation's The Adventures of Aquaman series.
    Yeah, I saw that over at Walmart the other day. I actually had to laugh when I saw it. I almost feel sorry for anyone who's becoming a fan of the character because of the Jason Mamoa version and then sees THAT as a cross promotion...

there... will be disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Yeah, I saw that over at Walmart the other day. I actually had to laugh when I saw it. I almost feel sorry for anyone who's becoming a fan of the character because of the Jason Mamoa version and then sees THAT as a cross promotion...

there... will be disappointment.
    I don't think it's a disappointment at all, I think Jason Momoa's Aquaman is brilliant and amazing, but I still love all the animated versions of Aquaman, they're what got me hooked on the character in the first place.

Its exactly what DC needed. Its big and dumb and super fun and full of color and energy.

Its much closer to a Marvel film than the Nolan/Snyder dreck they've been putting out for years and years. It embraces being a "comic book movie" instead of being embarrassed by it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: There is absolutely room for dark, heavy Superhero stuff like WATCHMEN, CHRONICLE, and The BOYS, but that's not what the general public wants to see with mainstream Marvel or DC. Most people do not go to Superhero movies to see characters wallowing in misery, depression, and angst. This movie is exactly what DC needed.

Pretty much any Civilian I talk to really loved WONDER WOMAN, some liked SUICIDE SQUAD, but pretty much no other newer DC Movie has struck their fancy. And sadly, most of the people I know aren't even aware of the CW shows. Again, this movie was really needed.
    Odd Man Out

Personally, I've loved every DC Comics related movie, even those that are dubbed as "unpopular" by certain fans or the critics. There's always something redeemable about every movie, and in my opinion, they are brilliant.
    You and me both @Mikey

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: There is absolutely room for dark, heavy Superhero stuff like WATCHMEN, CHRONICLE, and The BOYS, but that's not what the general public wants to see with mainstream Marvel or DC. Most people do not go to Superhero movies to see characters wallowing in misery, depression, and angst. This movie is exactly what DC needed.

Pretty much any Civilian I talk to really loved WONDER WOMAN, some liked SUICIDE SQUAD, but pretty much no other newer DC Movie has struck their fancy. And sadly, most of the people I know aren't even aware of the CW shows. Again, this movie was really needed.
    I love the DCTV shows, especially Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Black Lightning, and Legends Of Tomorrow, and the annual crossovers.

I had a few issues with Constantine and Gotham, some episodes I loved while others were simply too gory and disturbing for me. I am looking forward to Batwoman next year though. I also loved the animated movies, Vixen and Freedom Fighters: The Ray, although Constantine: City Of Demons was disappointing, it was simply too gory for me, and I did not appreciate the unnecessary F-Bomb.

In regard to the movies, I LOVE Aquaman, I've loved the quartet of Christopher Reeves' Superman movies, Helen Slater's Supergirl, as well as Superman Returns, Man Of Steel, and Superman Versus Batman: Dawn Of Justice. I've loved Green Lantern, Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman, Jonah Hex, Shaquille O'Neal's Steel, Halle Berry's Catwoman, and Justice League. I've loved Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, and Batman & Robin. I've loved Suicide Squad, the two Swamp Thing movies, the Dark Knight Trilogy, and LEGO Batman. I can't wait to see Shazam and any future DC movies.

I also love DC's live action, animated and CGI movies/TV shows, and the LEGO movie franchise rocks.

I've never particularly been a Marvel fan, and I'm not that keen on movies/shows based on Vertigo properties.

Cheers, Mikey
    Last edited by Mikey; December 21, 2018 at 09:34pm.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post

But do you think dark and gritty works for Batman, Spawn, Punisher, Daredevil, Watchmen and more? and do you remember some comics in the 90s who took the wrong lessons from Frank Miller, Alan Moore and others?

And not everything is Frank Miller right?

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    But do you think dark and gritty works for Batman, Spawn, Punisher, Daredevil, Watchmen and more? and do you remember some comics in the 90s who took the wrong lessons from Frank Miller, Alan Moore and others?

And not everything is Frank Miller right?
    Mark Waid's and Alex Ross' Kingdom Come was a classic allegory of what is wrong with the world today and what went wrong with comics in the 90's, it was a warning to comic writers and artists that "dark" isn't necessarily the right way to go.

And what do you think of Frank Miller and Alan Moore?

I liked the two part animated movie The Dark Knight Returns and the graphic novel it was based on, and I thought the 80's Swamp Thing movies were weird but amusing, so I appreciate what Miller and Moore have worked on, but I DO NOT like Watchmen and stuff like that. I don't watch R-Rated movies, even comic book movies that are R-Rated. I'm not advocating censorship, but I personally choose to stay away from contentious programs and films.

Got my tickets for tomorrow morning!

Super excited for this one!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

I absolutely think that darkness works for those types of characters. But I really hate to see all gloom and doom all the time. Some people love that, but it's not really my thing. The WATCHMEN on it's own is great, but I wouldn't want to see JUSTICE LEAGUE or FANTASTIC FOUR done all dark and heavy. It just doesn't fit.

As for the 90s? That's one of my least favorite eras of comics.

- - - Updated - - -

If you were asking me, there is some Alan Moore stuff that I definitely like, for example SUPERMAN Annual # 11. I really like Frank Miller's SIN CITY and 300, but I don't like him doing superhero stuff. I don't think he cares for Superheroes at all, and I think he likes to put them in a bad light, and make them look ridiculous.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; December 22, 2018 at 01:53am.
    Odd Man Out

I'm seeing Aquaman this coming Wednesday (up until now I've only watched all the trailers - repeatedly) and I know I will love the movie. I've even started collecting the merchandise already. I am also looking forward to seeing Shazam next April, I like the trailer and Jack Dylan Grazer's performance as Freddy Freeman especially.

I also can't wait to see Aladdin, Wonder Woman 1984, Frozen 2, Cyborg, Maleficent 2, and Green Lantern Corps.

I would also love to see the following - confirmed (C) and rumoured (R) movies based on DC and other properties:

Masters Of The Universe (R)
    Booster Gold (R)
    Suicide Squad 2 (R)
    The Batman (R)
    Flashpoint (R)
    Blackhawks (R)
    Ninja Turtles 3 (R)
    Power Rangers 2 (R)
    Justice League Dark (C)
    Birds Of Prey (C)
    Plastic Man (C)
    Nightwing (C)
    Batgirl (C)
    New Gods (R)
    Thundercats (R)
    Blue Beetle (C)

I don't think I'll be seeing the R-Rated Joker movie with Joaquin Phoenix though.

Cheers, Mikey