Thread: Are MOTU ReAction Figures (Wave 2) still being produced??

Are MOTU ReAction Figures (Wave 2) still being produced??

I placed an order with BigBadToystore many, many months ago for the complete Wave 2 of the MOTU ReAction figures but the estimated arrival date keeps getting moved back every month to the following month. Honestly, I never even see any of the figures from this wave on eBay so I'm wondering what the deal is. Does anyone else have them? Were there manufacturing problems or were the scrapped and I just never heard about it? I'm pretty confused because Wave 1 and Wave 3 are pretty easy to get a hold of but Wave 2 is extremely elusive for some reason.

Entertainment Earth also has had them on Pre-Order for a long time. I got into these late and missed waves 1 and 2 initially. However I found a comic shop with Wave 1 and finally got Wave 2 on ebay. I didnt trust that those Wave 2 preorders would ever be filled, plus Super7 has removed them from their site, so I went the ebay route. I got very lucky because you are correct, they are not often listed. And there was no way I was paying the individual Wave 2 prices on Amazon. I think Skeletor is $50 and Man At Arms is up to $100 now, but maybe that was a variant. Find them on eBay and scoop them up fast before the prices go higher. With Wave 3 and 4 already released, I really doubt production is still going on Wave 2 anymore. Good luck

I'm also waiting for such pre-order from BBTS. I'm about to give up. eBay prices are so high, though

Quote Originally Posted by capitrueno View Post
    I'm also waiting for such pre-order from BBTS. I'm about to give up. eBay prices are so high, though
    Why is everybody so concerned about their preorder? They always follow through with it. At least with my experience. The entire Wave 2 is available for 89.99.

My reason for not trusting BBTS preorders: I had Star Wars 40th Anniversay Wave 2 figures on preorder with BBTS for what seemed like a year, and eventually Hasbro stopped producing them and stores even clearanced the pegwarmers. And sure enough, BBTS never fulfilled the preorder, nor sent me any message that it was cancelled, nor any updates on when they would even ship. Its still sitting in my account unfulfilled/pending. Thats my own personal experience with them and Preorders. That said, I preordered the Power con exclusives through them, since they were the only other outlet when Super7 closed the window (why is that anyway, some sort of deal with Super7?). Fingers crossed it works this time.

Are MOTU ReAction Figures (Wave 2) still being produced??

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Why is everybody so concerned about their preorder? They always follow through with it. At least with my experience. The entire Wave 2 is available for 89.99.
    Yes, I have pre-ordered it, but they have been changing the ETA for months now.

Are skeletor and he-man from wave 1 and 2 the same or is there some difference there?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyjoe View Post
    Are skeletor and he-man from wave 1 and 2 the same or is there some difference there?
    I think wave 2 He-Man and Skeletor came in toy colours.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyjoe View Post
    He-Man (wave 1) grey wrist gauntlets, grey belt, brown undies and boots
    He-Man (wave 2)(vintage toy color) flesh tone (unpainted) wrist gauntlets, orange belt, red undies and boots
    Skeletor (wave 1) green/yellow face colors, black eye sockets with red eyespots, black undies under the purple codpiece
    Skeletor (wave 2)(vintage toy color) green/yellow/pink face colors, blue eye sockets with red eyespots, purple undies under the purple codpiece

And dont forget there are 2 Man-At-Arms in Wave 2, one with mustache, one without.

i ordered trapjaw and skeletor on ebay awhile back and just got ram man and mekaneck
    trapjaw and skelly looks super small next to the newer figures especially mekaneck (i would understand being smaller than ram man)
    the newer figures also have brighter, more dynamic, and cleaner paints/coloring

Yesterday, I asked Super7 about the wave 2 pre-order on Instagram. A few hours later, BBTS cancelled the pre-order with the following e-mail:

Thank you for Pre-ordering from BigBadToyStore!

We have been informed by Super7 that they have sold out of the Masters of the Universe ReAction Figures Wave 2 Set of 6 prior to fulfilling our order. Unfortunately this means we must cancel our pre-orders for this item because we are unable to secure stock. We apologize for the inconvenience and greatly appreciate your understanding.

If you have any questions regarding this notice, please contact Customer Service for further assistance.
    A while ago, Brian Flynn replied to my comment:

Wave 2 will be available in a slightly different way very soon

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by capitrueno View Post
    Yesterday, I asked Super7 about the wave 2 pre-order on Instagram. A few hours later, BBTS cancelled the pre-order with the following e-mail:

A while ago, Brian Flynn replied to my comment:

That's pretty exciting! I'm just starting to get back into these again after getting most of the Power-con exclusives at a decent price. It kinda re-ignited my fire for these, y'know?
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

I was in on that Instagram response from Brian Flynn also and it's exciting to know they are trying to remedy the situation.