Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Wakko's MOTUC Unofficial Collection Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    a) Vykron - the alternative outfits had their own names as separate characters: Top Tank and Space Ace.
    Thank you for that info!

Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    Should be a space between “glow” and “in”
    Fixed!

“A NEW MILENNIUM” section should be spelled with another ‘L’ as in MILLENNIUM
    Fixed!

Thanks for the corrections, guys! Keep 'em coming!
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Heroic Warrior
    Hey love the thread and slowly making my way through it. Two questions: (and you might have answered these in the old thread... )

1. Haven’t encountered her yet... do you have an entry or a side note on Silver She-Ra? She wasn’t carded, just like Spirit of King Grayskull (blue translucent version), but you had him on the first King Grayskull card. Was expecting to see Silver She-Ra on the first She-Ra entry...

2. I noticed you have the official bios for each figure from Mattel (from the backs of the packaging). Did you type those in yourself and “fix” grammar/spelling mistakes as you found them? Or did you type them as written?

Keep up the good work!

Hey love the thread and slowly making my way through it. Two questions: (and you might have answered these in the old thread... )

1. Haven’t encountered her yet... do you have an entry or a side note on Silver She-Ra? She wasn’t carded, just like Spirit of King Grayskull (blue translucent version), but you had him on the first King Grayskull card. Was expecting to see Silver She-Ra on the first She-Ra entry...
    I don't have an entry for her. The copy on He-Man.org in the figure database dissuaded me from including her for two reasons: 1) the statement that she is not considered an official part of the MOTUC line, and 2) Scott Neitlich's statement that she was mounted to a trophy and was "not a figure." I did include the original blue Spirit of King Grayskull because he was a figure and was later followed up by an official Spirit of King Grayskull release. What do you think? Should I go back and put the silver She-Ra on one of the She-Ra spreads? I could probably make room for it.

2. I noticed you have the official bios for each figure from Mattel (from the backs of the packaging). Did you type those in yourself and “fix” grammar/spelling mistakes as you found them? Or did you type them as written?
    I did make some minor tweaks here and there where the grammar or punctuation was particularly egregious, but for the most part I left them alone in order for them to match the "official" versions. I have been tempted at times to go back and rewrite all of them (without changing any of the information) just to make them read better. But that would be a whole new endeavor and I'm not sure I want to tackle it.

Keep up the good work!
    Thank you! And thank you for reading it!
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Just added the newly-released bio for the Eldritch Book of Spells to the entry for Shadow Weaver. You can see it here.

Meanwhile we wait the new waves from Super7, why you don’t work also to a MotU Vintage guide?
    Follow me and my creations on Facebook:
    search Orsogranito GraniteBear !

Wakko's MOTUC Unofficial Collection Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I don't have an entry for her. The copy on He-Man.org in the figure database dissuaded me from including her for two reasons: 1) the statement that she is not considered an official part of the MOTUC line, and 2) Scott Neitlich's statement that she was mounted to a trophy and was "not a figure." I did include the original blue Spirit of King Grayskull because he was a figure and was later followed up by an official Spirit of King Grayskull release. What do you think? Should I go back and put the silver She-Ra on one of the She-Ra spreads? I could probably make room for it.
    I would love silver she-ra to be included, just to be complete.
    Last edited by motogp_fanatic; April 4, 2019 at 08:27am.
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    I would love silver she-ra to be included, just to be complete.
    But she is not an official release.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST

-SONGSTER -SCROLLOS -EVIL ROBOT -STRIDOR -METEORBS

NA: -GLEANONS -GALACTYMITES -WEAPONSTRONIC -SAGITAR -STAGHORN
    MYP: -QUEEN ANDREENO -GNOME MARZO -ORACLE -ODIPHUS -BONE MUTANT
    POG: -GRAY -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR

Heroic Warrior

You’re right, she wasn’t. I had just mentioned her because Wakko had a small section added for the Spirit of King Grayskull (two of which were made for SDCC - one auctioned off and one raffled and then a small amount given to Mattel employees) which isn’t considered an official release either. I just thought it was cool Wakko included it in the KG character guide page. I asked about silver She-Ra and was surprised she wasn’t mentioned somewhere on She-Ra’s page because only two were made (according to pics I’ve seen two were made for SDCC but he-man.org collection guide claims 3) which were auctioned or raffled.

I have never seen this “statuette” in person. I don’t know if anyone on the site has one. I’ve seen it described as an articulated figure w/a cake stand, some say it was mounted and wasn’t articulated, and I’ve seen some say it was mounted and articulated.

She wasn’t an official release and wouldn’t get her own page. I just thought it was cool trivia. Maybe add to her trivia section?

*shrugs*
    Last edited by yeahthatsme1973; April 6, 2019 at 08:06am.

Does it matter? We even got DC in MOTUC buck in this project, why can't this She-Ra be included?

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior

Under Gygor’s “PROTOTYPICAL” section:

“...Battle Cat and Panthor, and the eagle
    figure was used for for Zoar and Screeech.”

Remove one “for” in the sentence.

——————————-

Grizzlor’s “Hair Today” section:

“These were likely added as there were no bare, furry arms in the MO- TUC parts library at the time of the figure’s relase.”

“Release” is misspelled

———————————

Mer-Man vs Aquaman

“FROM PAGE TO PLASTIC This blue-skinned version of Mer-Man was repainted to match his color scheme in early the Mattel MOTU mini-comics.”

I think “early” and “the” are swapped.

should read:

was repainted to match his color scheme in the early Mattel MOTU mini-comics.

——————————————-
    Stratos vs Hawkman

“VINTAGE NOD In the vintage Masters of the Universe line, most Statos figures had red wings and a blue jetpack...”

“Stratos” misspelled
    ——————————————-

Vikor

“PROTO-TYPICAL” section spelled with a hyphen on Vikor’s card but without a hyphen on Gygor’s card.
    Last edited by yeahthatsme1973; April 7, 2019 at 10:41pm.

Quote Originally Posted by orsogranito View Post
    Meanwhile we wait the new waves from Super7, why you don’t work also to a MotU Vintage guide?
    I have considered it. But I don't know... the MOTUC guide has been a TON of work, and I'm not sure I want to bite off another such sizeable project. Plus I don't own any of the vintage toys (I stupidly sold them all off at a thrift store when I was 12), so I'd have to rely completely on internet images to do such a project since I couldn't take any pictures of my own.

[Silver She-Ra] wasn’t an official release and wouldn’t get her own page. I just thought it was cool trivia. Maybe add to her trivia section?
    I may consider adding her as a trivia item in a future update. We'll see.

[tons of corrections]
    Thank you for pointing these out! I will fix them all.

Updated the entry for Sy-Klone to include the newly-released bio for Battle Armor Sy-Klone. You can view it here.

Updated the entry for Sy-Klone to include the newly-released bio for Battle Armor Sy-Klone. You can view it here.
    Kinda like the trivia on the rumored plan for sy-klone TRU exclusive 2 pack on the last page version.

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Kinda like the trivia on the rumored plan for sy-klone TRU exclusive 2 pack on the last page version.

I did too, but some things have to get nixed/moved in order to fit these extra bios.

However, the good news in this case is that the info on the Sy-Klone TRU 2-pack still appears on the entry for She-Ra/Supergirl.

I did too, but some things have to get nixed/moved in order to fit these extra bios.

However, the good news in this case is that the info on the Sy-Klone TRU 2-pack still appears on the entry for She-Ra/Supergirl.
    Cool... slip my mind, have to check it out now. Thanks

Updated the spread for Orko to include the newly-revealed bio for Vanishing Orko. You can view it here.

Updated the spread for Orko to include the newly-revealed bio for Vanishing Orko. You can view it here.
    Thank you!

Did you fix also the last corrections suggested by yeahthatsme1973 ?
    Last edited by orsogranito; April 17, 2019 at 09:36am.
    Follow me and my creations on Facebook:
    search Orsogranito GraniteBear !

Quote Originally Posted by orsogranito View Post
    Thank you!

Did you fix also the last corrections suggested by yeathatsme1973 ?
    They are corrected in the high-res pdf files, yes. I haven't gone back and updated the thumbnails throughout this thread, though.

Heroic Warrior

I’m sure you know this but just wanted to mention it.

Icarius trivia section:

“This character’s name is actually “Flipshot,” but for copyright reasons, Mattel could not use this name on the front of the packaging. Instead they went with the character’s “real” name Icarius, but made reference to his nickname Flipshot in the character bio.”

Although true, most of the NA characters were known as something else internationally during the release of the original NA toyline.

Icarius overseas, Flipshot here. Naming him Icarius wasn’t too big of a leap as that’s what he was known as elsewhere.

Fact-checking is not my forte btw.

————————
    Tallstar trivia section:

“The MOTUC figure eschewed this feature in favor of swappable extention pieces...”

Extension misspelled

—————————
    Fisto

“WELL ARMED Fisto’s large sword was first seen on the cover of an issue from the the 2002 Masters of the Universe comic...”

Remove one “the”

—————————
    Fearless Photog

Broken Promises section:

“Out of all the entries, five finalists were chosen, and the public was then allowed to vote for their favorite design.”

Public can be singular or plural but it’s used both ways in this sentence.

Either

the public were then allowed to vote for their favorite design

Or

the public was then allowed to vote for its favorite design

——————————-

TP He-Man

“SHIELD ME TP He-Man’s chrome shield was designed to store both his Power Sword and a single (non-funcitoning) blast cap”

Functioning misspelled

——————————-
    Last edited by yeahthatsme1973; April 17, 2019 at 11:08pm.

Heroic Warrior

The Mighty Spector

I think his whole name includes the word “The.” so I would capitalize it whenever referring to his whole name. The only place where his whole name is referred to where it isn’t at the beginning of a sentence, and already capitalized, is in the Trivia Section.

——————————

Snake Mountain Stands

“DISPLAY The most obvious use of the stands was for display purposes, even though most MOTUC figure had no issue standing on their own.”

MOTUC figures should be plural

————————-
    Spikor

“VINTAGE VAULT The vintage Spikor figure was released as part of the original MOTU toyline’s fourth wave in 1985. The figure featured a retractible trident in its left arm and came equipped with an orange spiked mace.”

Retractable is misspelled.
    Last edited by yeahthatsme1973; April 18, 2019 at 12:14am.

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    The She-Ra included with Supergirl in the MOTUC vs DC two-pack wasn't "identical" to the regular release as this says; the two pack version had much darker bronze color for the boots, bracers, and tiara
    I checked mine and don't see a significant difference in color tones at all. Slight differences yes, like the face being painted a little bit better. But only visible differences when looking really close. Makes me think that they were not done on purpose, but merely caused by the 2-pack figure being produced in a different production run.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Heroic Warrior

Snake Men

“Featured on the Snake Men cardback were Vikor, the Mighty Spector, Zodak, King Grayskull, and King Hssss.”

Capitalize “The” in The Mighty Spector?

That’s if you’re changing it elsewhere.

I seem to remember a discussion about this but can’t remember if Scott chimes in on it or not...

IF you decide to change it, I would do a find and replace

———————————

Castle Grayskullman

I’ve seen it typed as:

“Create-a-Character” elsewhere also typed as:

“Create-A-Character” in other places and used once here in the trivia section typed as:

“Create a Character” when referenced to the white mailer he came in.

I would double check the mailer but that’s probably right. For the others, I would just pick one and Find and Replace the others.

———————————-
    Jitsu

“GIDDY-UP Jitu’s steed, Night Stalker, was released in February of 2017.”

Jitsu misspelled

—————————
    Fang Man

Tag line should read

Evil FANGED Minion of Skeletor

—————————-

Dawg-O-Tor

“Dawg-O-Tor was named after Four Horsemen Studios staff memeber Owen “O-Dawg” Oertling.”

Member is misspelled

——————————

Ditztroyer

Loyalties section:

“While the Fighting Foe Men’s package bio talked only of their Horde affiliation, the expanded, official bio for the Roton vechile later revealed that Ditztroyer eventually became an Evil Warrior.”

Vehicle is misspelled

——————————-

Sorry been home sick. Lots of time on my hands and I LOVE reading these.
    Last edited by yeahthatsme1973; April 19, 2019 at 02:19pm.