Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Wakko's MOTUC Unofficial Collection Guide

Widget
    I already told you it would be really nice to have your guide as high res PDF. Thanks!

Wakko you have to work again!

Super 7 will ship this february the Club Grayskull wave 3 and the MotUC Ultimate figures !!!!!
    Follow me and my creations on Facebook:
    search Orsogranito GraniteBear !

Widget
    I like all the updates and the pdf versions were great! Thanks for putting this together and maintaining it!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOrko View Post
    I already told you it would be really nice to have your guide as high res PDF. Thanks!
    Your wish is my command.

Quote Originally Posted by orsogranito View Post
    Wakko you have to work again!

Super 7 will ship this february the Club Grayskull wave 3 and the MotUC Ultimate figures !!!!!
    Yup, as soon as those hit I will begin adding new pages to the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I like all the updates and the pdf versions were great! Thanks for putting this together and maintaining it!
    You're welcome and I'm glad you like it.

In the lull between releases, I am going back through the book and fixing some typos, replacing a few images, and fixing a bit of the writing. Sometimes I feel like I'll be making fixes to this project until the day I die! Anyway, all of these changes are reflected in the pdf uploads found here. So far I have made changes to the first three files, covering pages 1-150.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

By the way, for those of you planning to print your own copies, I highly recommend MGX Copy. I ordered my copy through them using 80 lb. Text, Matte paper. The paper has a smooth, magazine-like feel to it, but is thick enough that the images don't show through on the opposite side. The whole thing looks very bright and clean. Total came to just over $100.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Lovely - I've just updated the three files! Thank you so much. If you update any more, let us know

Just an idea more than anything. Is it worth putting a change version number on the filenames or something. Might be easier to manage changes over time?

Either way, it's great that you're putting so much time and effort into this and even more impressive that you're sharing it with the community!

OK gang - as of today (February 15, 2019) I have finished proof-reading the entire book and exporting new files. I found tons of mistakes to fix as well as some images that needed improvement. Every spread in this thread has now been updated, and the high-res pdf files have all been updated as well. Enjoy!

Widget
    Awesome! Thanks!

Heroic Warrior
    will you add the upcoming 1987 film figures to your book?

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootRULES View Post
    will you add the upcoming 1987 film figures to your book?
    Absolutely.

Wow. In all my years lurking around this forum, how have I not seen this?

Amazing work, Wakko. Really. It's not often that I feel proud of a total stranger. You definitely have my respect for the work ethic and passion.

Just curious if you are a graphic designer by trade, or if you were just inspired by other work to guide you in the process of designing your layout/formula.

Also, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, because of all the meticulous fan-boy eyes that have been on this thing, I swear I can't be the first one to spot that Slush Head's entry reads Demo-Man...can I?

Anyway, hats off to you, my friend. Love the work.
    Last edited by Darkstar083; February 22, 2019 at 05:34pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar083 View Post
    Amazing work, Wakko. Really. It's not often that I feel proud of a total stranger. You definitely have my respect for the work ethic and passion.
    Thank you for the very kind words!

Just curious if you are a graphic designer by trade, or if you were just inspired by other work to guide you in the process of designing your layout/formula.
    I have my BA in Graphic Design, but I also was following the design and layout of other Dark Horse MOTU books when I put this together.

Also, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, because of all the meticulous fan-boy eyes that have been on this thing, I swear I can't be the first one to spot that Slush Head's entry reads Demo-Man...can I?
    Thanks for catching that mistake! I have fixed it.

I updated the entry for Stridor to include the newly-released official bio. You can see it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I updated the entry for Stridor to include the newly-released official bio. You can see it here.
    Thanks again!!

Have you updated Stridor also for high-res pdf?

Quote Originally Posted by orsogranito View Post
    Thanks again!!

Have you updated Stridor also for high-res pdf?
    Sure did!

I updated the entry for Uncle Montork to include his newly-revealed Classics bio. You can view it here.

Update is always a welcome sight. Thanks.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Last edited by Wakko; Today at 02:55pm.

One of the most beautiful page you made @Wakko..

Can it be considered that the shield is based on the photanium shield featured on the She Demon of Phantos? Aside from the red paint, it is the same design. O believe it is the shield that will came with CG Filmation Prince Adam..

Definitely my preferred thread on the forum!

I updated the entry for Dree Elle to include her newly-revealed Classics bio. You can view it here.

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Can it be considered that the shield is based on the photanium shield featured on the She Demon of Phantos? Aside from the red paint, it is the same design. O believe it is the shield that will came with CG Filmation Prince Adam..
    Thank you for pointing that out to me! I have fixed it in the guide.

Finally, I contributed☺☺

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Finally, I contributed☺☺
    Your enthusiasm has always been a great contribution!

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Wakko the way things are going this book is going to be bigger than the Encyclopedia Britannica. Glad this thing is digital, I don't think any of us has a shelf that could handle the real thing once it is done once and for all. Though between Penny Dreadful adding to the bios and Super7/Power-Con/Mattel adding new figures every year that may take a while.

Still very awesome dude!
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties. I get comic books, novels, & ViewMaster Reels as well. If you want to discuss this stuff & other things, then PM me here on the .org. I enjoy anime, video games, & sci-fi, too. DC or Marvel, it's all good.