Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funko Savage World

Funko Savage World

What do you think of Funkos new Horror Savage World?

https://www.funko.com/blog/article/c...r-savage-world

These are very obviously based on original MOTU, which is a cool thing. I have a feeling they may be superior in quality to what Super7 is doing currently with the vintage figures. (In fact, I have cancelled all my remaining preorders after receiving the Epic Battles set.)

The downside with Funko is their nasty habit to artificially creating scarcity. At least these aren´t Pops.
    Last edited by ToyCulture; August 16, 2018 at 03:30pm.

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    These are not something I plan to get, but I think they are a neat idea. Kudos to Funko.

Is this the first time these slasher villains have all been in the same line and wave?

I like them but I probably won't get them. I really don't collect anything horror related. And Freddy just doesn't look like Freddy Krueger to me at all. What is up with that hood instead of his iconic hat? Otherwise the others for the most part look like themselves.

Widget
    If the dream world is a dimension unto itself, then Freddy can reach into the dreams of anyone, anywhere, even Eternia or any of its knockoff worlds. A barbarian look would let him terrorize them with something familiar or maybe to even mock them. That being said, I figure that Jason's mask should look more like a skull, with the same markings as some kind of war paint. Anyhoo, I still plan to get these. Alongside the Masters, Realm of the Underworld, Mortal Kombat and the upcoming Thundercats, they'll all look great together. The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny.

I'll get these, I have no interest in anything else at this scale or style though.

I have Kitana and Sub-zero from this line. They're well-done with really detailed sculpting, but it's a line I can pick and choose from without regret.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Is this the first time these slasher villains have all been in the same line and wave?
    Not the same wave, but McFarlane's Movie Maniacs released all of these characters as part of that line... some had multiple offerings.

As for these Savage World figures, I will definitely get them! I have the MK series, and they are incredibly cool figures... and they bring back that ol'MotU feeling.

I can't wait to set up a display with Conan vs. Zorn, Freddy vs. Scorpion, Lion-O vs. Liu Kang, Kitana vs. Cheetara etc. etc.. it's going to be EPIC!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the NEW ADVENTURES lineup !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    As for these Savage World figures, I will definitely get them! I have the MK series, and they are incredibly cool figures... and they bring back that ol'MotU feeling.

I can't wait to set up a display with Conan vs. Zorn, Freddy vs. Scorpion, Lion-O vs. Liu Kang, Kitana vs. Cheetara etc. etc.. it's going to be EPIC!!
    That’s so cool! From the MK line, I’m only missing Raiden to have the complete set. I will obtain him and collect the entire the horror line. Freddy does look more like Cremator from the Lady Death comics though but it’s all good!
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O! Catch my pics on Instagram: countjudas FOR 2018: Kayo, Lizorr, Sagitar, Negator, Hunga the Harpy, Kol Darr, Catra cat form, Leo Faker, Anti Eternia MAA and Orko, Melog, Filmation Ram Man

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Videofox View Post
    If the dream world is a dimension unto itself, then Freddy can reach into the dreams of anyone, anywhere, even Eternia or any of its knockoff worlds. A barbarian look would let him terrorize them with something familiar or maybe to even mock them. That being said, I figure that Jason's mask should look more like a skull, with the same markings as some kind of war paint. Anyhoo, I still plan to get these. Alongside the Masters, Realm of the Underworld, Mortal Kombat and the upcoming Thundercats, they'll all look great together. The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny.

That's way too much over-analyzing to make it work for me. If they looked like they have traditionally for the last 30 years...just in MOTU style?? I'd be all about it. I love the scale and the idea of mixing the lines. As it is the reimagining doesn't come close to working for me.

The thundercats are pretty awesome though.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    That's way too much over-analyzing to make it work for me. If they looked like they have traditionally for the last 30 years...just in MOTU style?? I'd be all about it. I love the scale and the idea of mixing the lines. As it is the reimagining doesn't come close to working for me..
    I absolutely 100% agree. I mean isn't that the whole point? For them to look like them? Freddy doesn't look anything like that.

Widget
    Just saw Funko is doing Thundercats in this line now. They look great.

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezertron View Post
    Just saw Funko is doing Thundercats in this line now. They look great.
    Yep i have been waiting for this ever since they revealed them all the way back at Toyfair! I just hope wave one of Thundercats does well and we get the other 4 that they showed us at TF (Cheetara, JAckalman, Monkian, and Tygra!)

Next year we are getting Conan (also shown at TF), a second wave of Mortal Kombat (line-up not revealed yet) as it was popular enough to get a second wave apparently, and more supposedly!
    Changed my blog Alexis' Treasures!/

I'm Bacccck!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisLasek View Post
    Yep i have been waiting for this ever since they revealed them all the way back at Toyfair! I just hope wave one of Thundercats does well and we get the other 4 that they showed us at TF (Cheetara, JAckalman, Monkian, and Tygra!)

Next year we are getting Conan (also shown at TF), a second wave of Mortal Kombat (line-up not revealed yet) as it was popular enough to get a second wave apparently, and more supposedly!
    They look great and are available for preorder on BBTS for $12.99ea. I think sales will be brilliant and wave 2 should follow next year. I just hope we get a wave or 3 with the kittens, Jaga, Grune, Pumyra, Bengali, LynxO and Vultureman. Of course Snarf and Mamutt too!
    IMG_0225.JPG

i love these... i pre ordered all the horror figures..

so cool!!!
    GIMME TOYS!-

I was trying to resist getting the Thundercats figures, but that price point is just such a sweet spot...
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/
    This one goes up to 11... When Cannons Fade

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderkill View Post
    I was trying to resist getting the Thundercats figures, but that price point is just such a sweet spot...

I don't know where I should order them from lol. Pop in a Box? BBTS? Amazon? The Thundercats are $2.00 more on Amazon but it's free shipping. And the Horror guys are $12.42.

Heroic Warrior
    Love these and will be ordering them but doesn’t make up for the classics line getting canceled

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor68 View Post
    Love these and will be ordering them but doesn’t make up for the classics line getting canceled
    Agree, but at least this sw tcats can jive well with motu vintage just like tc classics with motu classics.

Hope it succeed so classics can be given a 2nd look.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Boom! Just preordered the entire wave!

Call me crazy, but I am WAY more excited for these Funko ThunderCats than I ever was for the Mattel versions...

And at that price?! Yeah, I'm pretty sure this line will be much more successful than Matty's attempt.

Plus, I can't wait for the Conan figs to hit either! I have an entire set of the Remco Conan figures, but with the Funko set, I'll actually be able to buy TWO sets so I can open them!

I'll also reiterate, if you haven't given the Mortal Kombat figures a chance, do yourself a favor and go get them now! They are actually really great figures with tons of detail and classic MOTU articulation - just right to hit that nostalgic sweet spot!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the NEW ADVENTURES lineup !!!

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    So excited about these Funko Savage World Thundercats figures!!!
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man, and SNAKE MOUNTAIN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor68 View Post
    Its not!!! Thundercats Classics is a go!!! But there is another topic for that. Anyways I will be picking up these as well for the Vintage feel. It's just the right thing to do LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Turns out that BBTS is cheaper in the long run. Going with that.
    Last edited by depp76; August 25, 2018 at 01:11am.

I'm still undecided on these, at the minute I'm leaning towards not getting them. There's something off about them, I'm not sure if they're too chunky or too cartoony, but they just don't quite fit with the vintage MOTU well enough for me. They remind me more of the Hasbro WWF figures then the vintage MOTU figures.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    I'm not completely sold either, but for another reason entirely. It's Funko. When have they actually finished what they started (beyond POPS)? Like we need yet another incomplete Thundercats line?

I do like the Remco feel to the packaging. That's a plus :thumbsup:
    Shop DC Collectibles for Pop Culture Entertainment -
    Hot Toys, Action Figures, Game & Hobby, Comic Book, Retro / Vintage & More!
    https://DCCollect.com • #24Tuesday • Free Shipping • More!

Get Social for the latest news and reviews, product updates and sale announcements:
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Pinterest

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    I'm not completely sold either, but for another reason entirely. It's Funko. When have they actually finished what they started (beyond POPS)? Like we need yet another incomplete Thundercats line?

I do like the Remco feel to the packaging. That's a plus :thumbsup:
    If this sells enough that they release the second wave, we will have the core thundercats (minus the kittens and Snarf) as Cheetara, Tygra, Jackalman, and Monkian are all sculpted (we saw them at TF) they just decided to split them into 2 waves!

Also to me they fit well with MOTU. I have Kitana from Mortal Kombat and Zorn from Son of Zorn and think thy look pretty cool with them 13977.
    Changed my blog Alexis' Treasures!/

I'm Bacccck!

I'm pretty hyped up about these. At first, I thought the retro styling was a bit odd, but upon more and more viewings, they really grew on me.
    Odd Man Out