Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Funko Savage World

Quite strange but cool idea.

Now how about Chucky, Jigsaw, Ghostface, The Creeper, Victor Crawley, Captain Splauding etc.?
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Heroic Warrior
    When do the Conan figures come out?

I want Funko Savage world to expand. How about Count Orlock, aka Nosferatu? Game of Thrones? Castlevania?

Personally, I love these!

Mortal Kombat was my thing as a youngen. Much more than Street Fighter. But due to most companies giving us several characters & then giving up, I generally don't collect MK lines unless they release at least 3 sets (& must include at least 1 female). I am also holding off on the Storm MK figures till I see where the line goes.

Conan & Thundercats are very interesting & I can see myself getting both.

I like Horror movies, but not enough to buy toys from them.

Love DC, but doubt I would buy those figures....however, that Batcave....damn that's tempting!

Heroic Warrior
    My biggest beef with the Batcave is that itís such a Grayskull homage that the display options feel limited. It feels very much like a carrying case (I like how the MOTUC Grayskull and Snake Mountain have ledges for figures to interact more with the outside) and is too tall for most shelves, being bigger than Grayskull by a smidge.

I hope it sells well.

What Iíd really like is a medieval tribute to the Super Powers Hall of Justice, same size but opening in landscape orientation. Maybe an outer turret like the Fisher Price Super Powers HoJ. It would fit better on shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by Artistix View Post
    Personally, I love these!

Mortal Kombat was my thing as a youngen. Much more than Street Fighter. But due to most companies giving us several characters & then giving up, I generally don't collect MK lines unless they release at least 3 sets (& must include at least 1 female). I am also holding off on the Storm MK figures till I see where the line goes.

Conan & Thundercats are very interesting & I can see myself getting both.

I like Horror movies, but not enough to buy toys from them.

Love DC, but doubt I would buy those figures....however, that Batcave....damn that's tempting!
    Hey i grew up with MK and SF myself.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Heroic Warrior
    I tracked down the Mortal Kombat figures for $5 each at Target. The ninjas and Raiden are iconic to me even though MKX is not my prefered look (which is why I skipped Kang and Kitana). I picked up Zorn during the last 10% eBay coupon with eBay bucks. I lean towards Jason and/or Freddy.

Meanwhile, I have preordered all the Thundercats. Most of the DC figs and Iím adding the last few as I have spare cash.

I broke down and got all of Super7ís wave 1. Leaning towards Man at Arms, Teela, probably Beast Man. The robot is probably as close as they could get to a distinct, show accurate Faker look but Iíd have bought a Faker thatís Filmation He-Man with magenta instead of orange accessories like Loyal Subjects action vinyl and the fan cartoon did as a mashup of Filmation and Fakerís pre-production colors.

With the total novelty stuff, I kind of want 1-2 for representation.

With Thundercats/DC, I want it all.

With MOTU, I at least want He-Man, She-Ra, Skeletor, Hordak, King Hiss, Battlecat, Orko (Iíll probably use TLS version like how Iím using their Snarf for Lion-O). The big heroes > the big villains > memorable sidekicks > evil twins > supporting heroes > supporting villains > all else.

Kinda tempted to get a second Lion-O to paint red in the Mumm-Ra Lion-O scheme to put next to a Faker.

Heroic Warrior
    Keep your eyes open I found 4 of the Savage world Thudercats at GameStop yesterday. They had lion-o with a busted leg, Mum-at, Pantro and Slythe.

The Ebay seller zweito8 still has the five horror Savage World figures for $19.99 plus $5 shipping. All positive feedback.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cryanmchsi View Post
    Keep your eyes open I found 4 of the Savage world Thudercats at GameStop yesterday. They had lion-o with a busted leg, Mum-at, Pantro and Slythe.
    That's all four of them...I have them on pre-order with BigBadToyStore. How did they look in person? I still have the option to cancel if need be.

Heroic Warrior
    They didn’t look too bad. I think Slythe and Mum-Ra are the nicest looking. As I said Lion-O had his leg detached which came that way.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    The Ebay seller zweito8 still has the five horror Savage World figures for $19.99 plus $5 shipping. All positive feedback.

- - - Updated - - -

That's all four of them...I have them on pre-order with BigBadToyStore. How did they look in person? I still have the option to cancel if need be.

The Thundercats are around $10.50 a piece at DeepDiscount dot com.

She-Ra vintage from Super7 is under $15. The rest are $20.

Free shipping on orders over $25 and a 10% off code for new users.

So I was thinking about these Funko figures and how much I really like them...

I mean, we can finally play with / display ThunderCats and MotU (vintage or 5.5" Super7) figures together - and they look great!

Keeping in mind the bulky style of these figures, this is what I'd like to see in the near future:

Savage World Horror wave 2
    -SCREAM killer
    -Elvira
    -Day of the Dead Zombie
    -Ash Williams

Savage World Mortal Kombat wave 2
    -Johnny Cage
    -Sonya Blade
    -Jax
    -Kano
    -Kung Lao

Savage World ThunderCats wave 3

-Jaga
    -Grune
    -Vulture man
    -Mandora
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Lion-O, Slithe, and Mumm-Ra arrived today via BBTS. (I had grabbed Panthro at Gamestop a few weeks ago.) Mumm-Ra's left arm was detached in the package, and while it popped right back on, it feels like it may fall off again. Lion-O's left leg fell off as soon as I removed him from the package, but it popped back into place, and seems fine now. (The exact same thing happened with Panthro a few weeks ago.) Slithe is the only figure of the four that had no issues whatsoever. Mumm-Ra and Slithe's weapons are way too hard to get into their hands. The plastic is hard as hell, and someone thought it would be a good idea to sculpt their middle fingers angling toward their palms, making it much more tedious that it should be to make them hold anything. Aside from Mumm-Ra's arm, the figures feel solid and sturdy, though. Definitely more so than the couple of DC Primal Age figures I have, which feel a bit cheaper and somewhat fragile in comparison. I'm glad to have these, but I likely won't bite for wave 2 unless they get the QC under control.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    Lion-O, Slithe, and Mumm-Ra arrived today via BBTS. (I had grabbed Panthro at Gamestop a few weeks ago.) Mumm-Ra's left arm was detached in the package, and while it popped right back on, it feels like it may fall off again. Lion-O's left leg fell off as soon as I removed him from the package, but it popped back into place, and seems fine now. (The exact same thing happened with Panthro a few weeks ago.) Slithe is the only figure of the four that had no issues whatsoever. Mumm-Ra and Slithe's weapons are way too hard to get into their hands. The plastic is hard as hell, and someone thought it would be a good idea to sculpt their middle fingers angling toward their palms, making it much more tedious that it should be to make them hold anything. Aside from Mumm-Ra's arm, the figures feel solid and sturdy, though. Definitely more so than the couple of DC Primal Age figures I have, which feel a bit cheaper and somewhat fragile in comparison. I'm glad to have these, but I likely won't bite for wave 2 unless they get the QC under control.
    My GameStop Mumm-Ra was the EXACT same way (consequently, the employee gave me an extra 30% off of the figure). I actually used a hair-dryer to soften the arm before plugging it back in to the torso... and if you look at the sculpt, the line where the shoulder meets the bicep / triceps is really deep - almost as if it folded a bit when coming out of the mold before cooling down... and I agree with you, the TC figures do feel much sturdier than the DC figures, but not as sturdy as the MK figs.

The QC notwithstanding, I adore these figures... and I absolutely love having a Liu Kang, He-Man, Lion-O, Batman, and Jason Voorhees all in the same, bulky style and scale. It just makes for some awesome displays and imaginative play scenarios!

Bring on CONAN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    ... and if you look at the sculpt, the line where the shoulder meets the bicep / triceps is really deep - almost as if it folded a bit when coming out of the mold before cooling down.
    I noticed that on mine, as well. I worked in an injection molding facility for years, and parts can definitely start to stick to the mold as they're coming out, and as hot as they are, they're still pliable and prone to warp if that happens. That could definitely be the issue here, and also explain why it seems to be the same arm on the same figure. With yours, that makes four Mumm-Ras I've seen with that exact issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Bring on CONAN!!!
    Hell yes! Hopefully with the QC the older SW figures have, of course!

More hopes and dreams:

Funko ThunderCats wave four
    -Lynx-O
    -Bengali
    -Ratar-O
    -Ta-She

Funko ThunderCats wave five

-Pumyra
    -Hachiman
    -Demolisher
    -Mongor

Funko ThunderCats wave six
    -Willa
    -Char-Nin
    -Turmagar
    -Captain Cracker

Did the CONAN ones get cancelled? They didn't show them at this year's Toy Fair, & if so that's a bummer (I have the Mortal Kombat ones) but the CONAN ones were the ones I was looking fwd to the most!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

Heroic Warrior
    What I heard last November was that Conan was penciled in for October 2019 and that they were planning it after both Primal Age waves, both Thundercats waves, and some other stuff like Street Fighter.

I suspect they wanted to get their engineering bugs sorted out, which they seem to have with the Target Primal Age release, as Conan is probably one of the bigger sellers and something a lot of people new to Funko would come in for.

^^^ OK THANKS! ^^^
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    What I heard last November was that Conan was penciled in for October 2019 and that they were planning it after both Primal Age waves, both Thundercats waves, and some other stuff like Street Fighter.
    Thank you so much for the info, COBRA. Call me crazy, but I was hoping to see Conan the Destroyer and Zula figures show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    I suspect they wanted to get their engineering bugs sorted out, which they seem to have with the Target Primal Age release, as Conan is probably one of the bigger sellers and something a lot of people new to Funko would come in for.
    Makes sense. I was just chatting with a friend about FUNKO and their way of doing business.
    Odd Man Out

I was wondering about those Conan figures myself. Based on the Primal Age figures I picked up at Target, the production issues are definitely sorted out! I picked up a couple of the worst offenders from the first run, and the Target versions are as sturdy as any figures I own.