Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Mega Construx Future Revealed at Power-Con 2018

It's gonna be a while, but I can't wait to see the next wave of MCX Heroes. It kind of looks like they aren't coming out in the same order as the original line, so who knows what characters are next??

Also, I enjoying seeing the non-MOTU characters.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Good point about HE-MAN and SKELETOR being 2 of the GRAYSKULL pack-ins. Maybe it will be the Battle Armor versions. And the SORCERESS certainly makes sense.

I'm also wondering about a potential BATTLE RAM down the road.
    As everyone has said, the next time they release He-Man and Skeletor, they really need to be a variant. My vote for the next vehicles are the Battle Ram and the Land Shark. Also, they should do a mounts pack with He-Man/Battle Cat, Skeletor/Panthor, and Fisto/Stridor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess5482 View Post
    As everyone has said, the next time they release He-Man and Skeletor, they really need to be a variant. My vote for the next vehicles are the Battle Ram and the Land Shark. Also, they should do a mounts pack with He-Man/Battle Cat, Skeletor/Panthor, and Fisto/Stridor.
    that would be GREAT!!!
    we need land shark, stridor and more in small scale type of collectibles
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    I'd love to see them release small scenery sets, taken from the cartoon and comics. Just imagine something like a set including in-scale Colossus!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Court Magician
    GameStop just charged my card for Grayskull! I went to their website and the release date has been changed to 05/15.

Widget
    Spotted Scareglow on eBay!!

Quote Originally Posted by 829racer View Post
    ooohhhhhh, it begins!!! Get in my collection now!

Quote Originally Posted by aca1raven2002 View Post
    So any news on series 5 yet? any sightings on Stratos or Scareglow?
    Found both in Northern Nevada today. The pegs were well stocked as if they were just put out. Looks like at least 3 of each per case. Also glad to see they are continuing with the classic Ninja Turtles. I thought they had lost the license. No sign of Castle Grayskull but I doubt Walmart will carry such a high priced toy on shelves. Anyway I will probably pass on that. Ive been stockpiling sand green Lego brick in various sizes with plans to build my own Castle someday. And Lego will hold up better over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    I'd love to see them release small scenery sets, taken from the cartoon and comics. Just imagine something like a set including in-scale Colossus!
    Yes! Lego always had those small boxes with two minifigs and a small building or so. I think 1 figure + a small building (that can be combined with others to make a bigger one) would be amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by 829racer View Post
    But Stratos?
    Follow me and my creations on Facebook:
    search Orsogranito GraniteBear !

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    My ideas for easy Mega Construx MOTU Sets:

Set 1: Battle Armor He-Man, Battle Cat, and Orko.

New Torso for He-Man, arms, legs, head, and waist reuse. Power Sword and Axe
    Battle Cat made from torso of WOW cat beasts that I have seen made by MC other than that head legs and saddle new molds
    Orko with wand and small flight stand all new

Set 2: Battle Armor Skeletor, Panthor, and Screeech

Skeletor gets new torso, head arms legs sword and Havoc Staff reused
    Panthor similar to BC with World of Warcraft cat steed body. New saddle and head different from BC. Legs will be same as BC though. Also include the helmet we got in Classics
    Screeech new mold, includes armor and perch

Set 3: Teela, Charger, and Dre-El
    Teela mostly same as original release but get Snake Head Dress and 200X sword plus 1st release shield
    Charger Teela's Golden Unicorn mostly new mold but I think MC has done horse before
    Dre-El reuses some of Orko's body comes with unique wand and flight stand

Set 4: She-Ra Swift Wind and Madame Razz with Broom
    She-Ra would be new mold maybe use Sunburst or Bubble Power and have Standard released on card but can reuse some of Teela's parts, sword and shield
    Swift Wind reuses some of Chargers parts plus wings and unicorn helmet
    Madame Razz with Broom made from bricks. New mold in several parts also include flight stand for flying poses

Set 5: Bow Arrow and Kowl
    Bow would be some new parts but come with bow and arrows plus quiver. Arms legs torso can be reused from male buck
    Arrow reuse part from Charger and Swift Wind with option of wings or no wings. Probably go with same design as we got in MOTUC
    Kowl new mold with moveable ears/wings and flight stand probably toy colors with repaint saved for down the road

Set 6: Glimmer Crystal Moonbeam Loo-Kee
    Glimmer would be toy design so cartoon version can be release on card later. Reuse most of female parts includes staff and energy ball
    Crystal Moonbeam reuse Swift Wind and Charger parts maybe unique saddle
    Loo-Kee new mold but include a colorful bush for him to hide in

Set 6: Beast Man Griffin and Hover Robot
    Beast Man done with some kind of difference from 1st release
    Griffen reuse BC part but have unique saddle and reuse SW wings
    Hover Robots new mold but have saw blade hands and pinching hands also flight stand

Set 7: Evil-Lyn evil version of Charger and robot version from Screeech from cartoon
    Evil-Lyn 200X colors with staff and dagger easy repaint
    Robot version of Screeech could reuse regular Screeech parts at least wings and claws and stand
    Evil demon horse thing made up use some kind of monster steed mold from WOW parts maybe an Evil version of Charger but with a monster head

Set 8: Sorceress Zoar and Weapons Rack and maybe her Filmation Throne
    Sorceress would probably use the TOD colors but mostly same mold
    Zoar would be straight repaint of Screeech that comes with Skeletor with armor and stand
    Include the weapons rack since the CG set doesn't have it(i think) loaded with lots of weapons that can be reused for later figures
    Additional option would be her throne from the Filmation series but minus the tall staircase

Set 9: Fisto Stridor and Uncle Montork
    Fisto reuses most of the obvious male buck parts 1 arm legs torso new head and fist plus swords preferably 200X and/or Vintage
    Stridor new mold with helmet and blasters
    Uncle Montork reuses Orko's body flight stand and unique wand

Set 10: Jitsu Nightstalker and Shadow beast
    Jitsu reuses most of the male buck like Fisto include his chopping hand sword and Kame new head
    Nightstalker gets smaller version of his MOTUC helmet but mostly Stridor repaint
    Shadow Beast made from bricks and maybe some of Beast-Man's parts but is a 1/2 taller then the standard figures
    This set would not include any scenery pieces

Set 11: Catra Clawdeen and cat form
    Catra would reuse most of female buck with whip probably toy colors but cartoon design so carded figure can be cartoon colors
    Clawdeen would reuse BC/Panthor buck but have unique saddle but no rooted hair due to size and probably cost
    Catra's cat form which would be Filmation design but toy colors since the regular Catra might include this on card in cartoon colors

Set 12: Hordak Mantisaur and Imp
    Hordak would be Filmation Colors with arm cannon and regular for swap out
    Mantisaur is a new mold
    Imp is a new mold
    Toy color Hordak will probably be the on card regular release

Some of these would include small scenery pieces to pad out the part count in some cases like pieces of Whispering Woods, Castle Greyskull or Snake Mountain; similar to the MOTUC figure stands we got in the start of that line. Some smaller characters could get slight tweak to be released on card like Kowl and Orko. Probably $10 USD price point but no more than $12 USD. Also some of these figures give us options for later parts reuse like BA Faker and Anti-Eternia He-Man with AE Battle Cat.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties. I get comic books, novels, & ViewMaster Reels as well. If you want to discuss this stuff & other things, then PM me here on the .org. I enjoy anime, video games, & sci-fi, too. DC or Marvel, it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post

Battle Cat made from torso of WOW cat beasts that I have seen made by MC other than that head legs and saddle new molds

Panthor similar to BC with World of Warcraft cat steed body. New saddle and head different from BC. Legs will be same as BC though. Also include the helmet we got in Classics

Teela mostly same as original release but get Snake Head Dress and 200X sword plus 1st release shield
    Charger Teela's Golden Unicorn mostly new mold but I think MC has done horse before

She-Ra would be new mold maybe use Sunburst or Bubble Power and have Standard released on card but can reuse some of Teela's parts, sword and shield
    Madame Razz with Broom made from bricks. New mold in several parts also include flight stand for flying poses

Bow would be some new parts but come with bow and arrows plus quiver. Arms legs torso can be reused from male buck
    Arrow reuse part from Charger and Swift Wind with option of wings or no wings. Probably go with same design as we got in MOTUC
    Kowl new mold with moveable ears/wings and flight stand probably toy colors with repaint saved for down the road

Glimmer would be toy design so cartoon version can be release on card later. Reuse most of female parts includes staff and energy ball

Hover Robots new mold but have saw blade hands and pinching hands also flight stand

Set 7: Evil-Lyn evil version of Charger and robot version from Screeech from cartoon
    Robot version of Screeech could reuse regular Screeech parts at least wings and claws and stand
    Evil demon horse thing made up use some kind of monster steed mold from WOW parts maybe an Evil version of Charger but with a monster head

Zoar would be straight repaint of Screeech that comes with Skeletor with armor and stand
    Include the weapons rack since the CG set doesn't have it(i think) loaded with lots of weapons that can be reused for later figures
    Additional option would be her throne from the Filmation series but minus the tall staircase

Fisto reuses most of the obvious male buck parts 1 arm legs torso new head and fist plus swords preferably 200X and/or Vintage

Jitsu reuses most of the male buck like Fisto include his chopping hand sword and Kame new head
    Nightstalker gets smaller version of his MOTUC helmet but mostly Stridor repaint
    Shadow Beast made from bricks and maybe some of Beast-Man's parts but is a 1/2 taller then the standard figures

Catra would reuse most of female buck with whip probably toy colors but cartoon design so carded figure can be cartoon colors
    Clawdeen would reuse BC/Panthor buck but have unique saddle but no rooted hair due to size and probably cost
    Catra's cat form which would be Filmation design but toy colors since the regular Catra might include this on card in cartoon colors

Mantisaur is a new mold
    Imp is a new mold

Some of these would include small scenery pieces to pad out the part count in some cases like pieces of Whispering Woods, Castle Greyskull or Snake Mountain; similar to the MOTUC figure stands we got in the start of that line. Some smaller characters could get slight tweak to be released on card like Kowl and Orko. Probably $10 USD price point but no more than $12 USD. Also some of these figures give us options for later parts reuse like BA Faker and Anti-Eternia He-Man with AE Battle Cat.
    Some great thought gone into this, griffen - I like a lot of these ideas!

One point though - would you envisage these sets being parallel to the single fingle releases like we're getting atm? I'm really keen for them to do more of the "core" characters e.g. Trapjaw, Ram-Man, Prince Adam, Clawful, Trip-Klops, etc, before we move on to figures like Uncle Montork and Dree Elle... I do like the idea of being able to buy multiple figures in one set though, I got the 5-pack to start my collection off. I guess we all have our ideas of which characters are most important to release first!!

I'm well up for the line being extended to She-Ra too!
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Quote Originally Posted by OwenMorton View Post
    Some great thought gone into this, griffen - I like a lot of these ideas!

One point though - would you envisage these sets being parallel to the single fingle releases like we're getting atm? I'm really keen for them to do more of the "core" characters e.g. Trapjaw, Ram-Man, Prince Adam, Clawful, Trip-Klops, etc, before we move on to figures like Uncle Montork and Dree Elle... I do like the idea of being able to buy multiple figures in one set though, I got the 5-pack to start my collection off. I guess we all have our ideas of which characters are most important to release first!!

I'm well up for the line being extended to She-Ra too!
    Yes these would run parallel to the regular carded figures. Example: my set would use the blue skin Filmation Hordak but we would still get Hordak on the single figure cards but in toy colors. These would be a way to variants or alternative looks for some characters that have or will have a carded figure in the main run. The main run I feel will use there most familiar look while these sets can cover and unique toy/cartoon/minicomic looks. Again examples

He-Man we have carded already
    My set would use his Battle Armor look so you are not getting another copy of standard He-Man plus this mimics a classic gift set

Skeletor we also already have carded
    This set would Also be his Battle Armor version and also mimic a vintage gift set

Teela we got carded but
    This set would give us her snake headdress and 200X sword and throw in the 200X tunic for good measure. If you have the 1st release and this one you can then mix and match to get your ideal Teela look

Evil-Lyn was her toy version on the card
    This would be her 200X look

Beast-Man we have the standard look carded but I couldn't come up with much of an alternate for him. We have the Red Beast version with CG so that was out but maybe put him in the Weapons Pak yellow armor to get a slightly different look. The real purpose of this set was to army build hover robots and griffins.

The Sorceress is to get an alternate paint job and her "Temple of Darkness" look was a big hit. Plus we have her with CG anyway. Though the Zoar would be the orange toy of cartoon colors. Plus this gives us the weapons rack and her throne so you could potentially use this to arm a bunch of figures

I figure She-Ra's cartoon look would be on the single cards but the Sunburst Armor or Bubble Armor are her equivalent to He-Man's Battle Armor. Plus you can get so many other horses by reusing Swift Wind's mold.

Bow was more of a way to get Kowl as are some of these are just an easy way to get some of the smaller characters. His toy and cartoon look weren't to different but still people will want him and Arrow

Glimmer was easier, Filmation look on card and toy look is this box set. Since the 2 looks are so different the toy look could be called Magic Armor Glimmer or something like that.

Fisto was because of the classic gift set but I have rethought this a little. Give us vintage Fisto carded and 200X Fisto in this set add a Battle Armor tag and you have something. This was also sort of meant as an easy army builder for those who want multiples of Stridor

Jitsu was also another one I took a second thought to. His vintage look on the single card while this set could be his 200X look. Plus again another classic gift set homage. Plus with the Shadow Beasts you could use this to army build both them and Nightstalker. Keep in mind that the hover bots could go here instead and the Shadow Beast packed with Beast-Man instead

Hordak like I said give us the gray toy version on the card and then use this set to give us his Blue Filmation look plus an easy way to get Mantisaur and Imp

Catra has such different looks between her toy and cartoon look that this was an easy pack out as well. Give us the cartoon look on the single card and use this set for the toy look but the set gives us the cat form with the cartoon color scheme

And here are 2 more to add the 1st 13 (i miss count in the previous post)

1st King Hssss Tyrantsaurus Rex and snake form. We get the vintage look for Hssss on the single card with "lighter" snake form packed in. Lighter means just the classic 3 head snake look. Staff and shield here

But this set would be his 200X look but with the "heavier" snake form packed in. Heavier would be the 5+ head look we got from MOTUC. gets his staff and "Ring of Serpos" here. Mix and match for your ideal look. Given the Tyrantsaurus Rex with the Attack Drone and you have a very good set. The vintage Snakemen didn't have any "Imp" like mini character to work with.

2nd new set idea:

Prince Adam Cringer Road Ripper

Prince Adam carded will most likely be his classic pink tunic and maroon Power Sword

My set would use the blue tunic from the Power-Con set and the Power Sword in classic silver. Cringer can reuse most of Catra's cat form mold since he is supposed to be smaller than Battle Cat. Add in the Road Ripper as the vehicle since it is small enough and that is another great set.

2 Last items but these would be Power-Con exclusives:

PC SET 1: Anti-Eternia He-Man AE Battle Cat and AE Orko

Just Straight repaints of the original carded He-Man plus straight repaints of Battle Cat and Orko from my 1st set. Same exact accessories just repainted with special box art

PC Set 2: Battle Armor Faker on single figure card. Reuse Battle Armor Skeletor Torso but give us He-Man head arms and legs in Faker Blue. Include orange versions of the Power Sword, Battle Axe, and Shield maybe an alternate battle damaged head for good measure

The great thing is a lot of this is parts reuse so Mattel wouldn't have a fit over production costs

Male Buck reused mostly for BA He-Man, Prince Adam, BA Skeletor, Fisto, Jitsu, Hordak, Bow, BA Faker and AE He-Man

Female buck reuse mostly Teela The Sorceress, Catra, She-Ra, and Glimmer

Reuse Cat Bodies for Battle Cat, AE Battle Cat, Panthor, Clawdeen, and Griffen

Small cat body for Catra cat form and Cringer

Trollan body for Orko, AE Orko, Uncle Montork, and Dre-El

Falcon body for Zoar Screeech and Robot Bird Cartoon Screeech

Horse bodies used for Charger, Swift Wind, Arrow, and Crystal Moonbeam

Robot Horse body reused for Stridor and Nightstalker

There would only be minimal retooling on some and very few new molds to make here and there. Again also gives us most of the beast or small vehicles, some scenery and any elements left out of the bigger sets. Plus army building and give an easy way to get the smaller figures.

This list is getting long and I will stop here for now but I may have more ideas later.
    Last edited by griffen112182; May 20, 2019 at 12:51pm.

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties. I get comic books, novels, & ViewMaster Reels as well. If you want to discuss this stuff & other things, then PM me here on the .org. I enjoy anime, video games, & sci-fi, too. DC or Marvel, it's all good.

Mantisaur is a new mold
    Imp is a new mold

All of these are excellent ideas.

I'd love to see a few more vehicles too, like Battle Ram and Roton.

Heroic Warrior
    For those of you that live near a Kroger Marketplace, I spotted the MOTU 5-pack there for 50% off ($9.99). I almost bought it, but I already have doubles of everyone. I did not see the Wind Raider.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

Yes these would run parallel to the regular carded figures. Example: my set would use the blue skin Filmation Hordak but we would still get Hordak on the single figure cards but in toy colors. These would be a way to variants or alternative looks for some characters that have or will have a carded figure in the main run. The main run I feel will use there most familiar look while these sets can cover and unique toy/cartoon/minicomic looks.
    Got it! In that case, I'm fully behind your plan!
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    All of these are excellent ideas.

I'd love to see a few more vehicles too, like Battle Ram and Roton.
    Ideas for 2 more sets

Set 1 Adora Spirit Sprag Spiritina
    Adora in her classic look with sword and laser blaster.
    Spirit with crown and saddle w/ holder for sword
    Sprag and Spiritina are the 2 smaller of the Twiggets and would have Sprag's crossbow and Spiritina's "Leaf" Umbrella

Set 2 Sweet Bee Crystal Sunbeam Sprocker
    Sweet Bee would come with space helmet and sting blaster. I can't remember if her toy and cartoon were much different but her cartoon look would be here while her toy look would be on the single card
    Crystal Sunbeam to complete the pair of Crystal Horses that aren't SW, plus this would mimic a vintage gift set
    Sprocker here to round out the Twiggets trio and maybe include his sled from the cartoon