Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mega Construx Future Revealed at Power-Con 2018

Mega Construx Future Revealed at Power-Con 2018

During the panel, it was noted that Mattel has taken notice to how quickly the MOTU figures sell out of the current waves. They said that almost every figure from He-Man and She-Ra has a prototype already done. They also mentioned that Castle Grayskull is going to happen, and it's everything that the fans want to see. They have a Comic-Con exclusive plan for next year, and he hinted that it's some sort of case.

WAVE 1: He-man and Skeletor
    WAVE 2: Teela and Beastman
    WAVE3: Faker

Not released yet, but announced:

WAVE 4: Man-At-Arms and Evil-Lyn
    WAVE 5: Stratos and Scareglow

There is also the wind raider with He-Man and Skeletor and a 5 pack with the first three wave characters coming soon too.

Heroic Warrior
    Castle grayskull alright that’s awesome news !!

If only I could find these in the stores! Haha. But cant wait for the future!
    It always takes me 10 minutes to figure out how to edit this signature

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    If that Castle Grayskull happens, I'm definitely in! And if it sells well, who knows? Snake Mountain?
    Shop DC Collectibles for Pop Culture Entertainment -
    Hot Toys, Action Figures, Game & Hobby, Comic Book, Retro / Vintage & More!
    https://DCCollect.com • #24Tuesday • Free Shipping • More!

Get Social for the latest news and reviews, product updates and sale announcements:
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Pinterest

Thanks for posting this news, Dormann!!

It's great to hear that the MOTU figures sell out fast. It would be awesome if we could find them at retail, but as I've stated countless times...."I gave up on finding toys at retail about a decade ago". It would be easier to find a lost earring in the Grand Canyon!!

Anyway, when it's all said and done, I hope we end up with at least 30 MOTU MCX figures, if not more!
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; August 28, 2018 at 02:36am.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    During the panel, it was noted that Mattel has taken notice to how quickly the MOTU figures sell out of the current waves. They said that almost every figure from He-Man and She-Ra has a prototype already done. They also mentioned that Castle Grayskull is going to happen, and it's everything that the fans want to see. They have a Comic-Con exclusive plan for next year, and he hinted that it's some sort of case.
    Here is hoping for a battle bones!!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

This is fantastic news! I really love this line.

This line is amazing! and I am glad to see it grow....but Mattel needs to have a talk with Walmart about restocking and carrying these. maybe get Target on board too.

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    And all that while Mega Construx has been cancelled in Germany.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

I can't find Man-at-arms and Evil-Lyn figure yet. When will they be available?
    Follow me and my creations on Facebook:
    search Orsogranito GraniteBear !

I am so glad Mattel is getting behind MOTU Mega Construx. I really love the Mega Construx figures as a whole.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Now if only I could find these in the UK, or was at least able to buy them online somewhere.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.lukespicer.com

With Mattel claiming they realize how quickly the MOTU figures sell out, I hope they re-release them or continue the multi packs like what’s available for preorder at Entertainment Earth. I so want to collect these, but nothing since wave 1 has appeared in Canada, and even then it was only a single case of wave 1 without a single refresh at the stores I frequent. I was lucky enough to get the only He-man and Skeletor left at the TRU I was at, but there’s been nothing ever since. And that was back in January/February.
    I really hope they’re serious about fixing the distribution and not just paying us lip service....

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post
    With Mattel claiming they realize how quickly the MOTU figures sell out, I hope they re-release them or continue the multi packs like what’s available for preorder at Entertainment Earth. I so want to collect these, but nothing since wave 1 has appeared in Canada, and even then it was only a single case of wave 1 without a single refresh at the stores I frequent. I was lucky enough to get the only He-man and Skeletor left at the TRU I was at, but there’s been nothing ever since. And that was back in January/February.
    I really hope they’re serious about fixing the distribution and not just paying us lip service....
    Is Entertainment Earth any good these days? I saw the Mega Construx on their site, but I was very leery of ordering from them. I had a couple of rotten experiences with them back in the 90s, but I didn't know if they'd gotten any better.

I would love a CG and Scareglow! Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post
    I live in Atlantic Canada and I was able to pick up wave 2 at Toys R Us about 2 weeks ago. No Teelas left now but still a few Beast Man.
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

I'm genuinely delighted to hear this news! Great to think of how all the characters will be imagined in this format.

I really hope Mattel organise some international (specifically UK!) distribution for these mini-figures. I've pre-ordered the 5-pack and the Wind Raider from Entertainment Earth, but the shipping costs are high, and it would be great to be able to just buy these in shops.
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Has anyone seen series 4 in the stores yet? Looking for that evil Lyn and man at arms to go with my others

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by aca1raven2002; September 1, 2018 at 09:11pm.
    I must possess all, or I possess nothing.

Bump for info?
    I must possess all, or I possess nothing.

Hollywood Warrior InspectorZartan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Salamandra View Post
    Is Entertainment Earth any good these days? I saw the Mega Construx on their site, but I was very leery of ordering from them. I had a couple of rotten experiences with them back in the 90s, but I didn't know if they'd gotten any better.
    I don’t recall ever having any problems with Entertainment Earth and I’ve ordered a fair number of items from them over the years.
    TOP WANTS
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Malektha/Twiggets/RedKnight
    200X:Miro/Hawke/Illumina/BoneWarrior/ABCGiants
    NA:Nocturna/Sagitar/Kayo/Lizzor/Hoove/Vizar/
    Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    JETLAG:Sebrian/Andros/Drissi/Gleep/UR
    MISC:Delora/MOPDemons/LtAndre/EvilRobot/Damon
    BEASTS:Clawdeen/Storm/Bionotops/Mantisaur/
    TyrantisaurousRex/Moonbeam/Sundancer

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aca1raven2002 View Post
    Has anyone seen series 4 in the stores yet? Looking for that evil Lyn and man at arms to go with my others

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
    As far as I know, series 4 is not out yet.
    Changed my blog Alexis' Treasures!/

I'm Bacccck!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    It will be "everything that the fans want to see"? I highly doubt they will actually make a full and fully three-dimensional CG (rather than the usual clamshell). They should also care about making the releases available worldwide rather than just as US-exclusives; there are lots of fans outside of the US and Mattel is a global company.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Well said.

Not to make light of our MCX-less friends across the pond, but many of us in America can't even find these blasted things, so distribution ABSOLUTELY needs improved.

I'm going to assume that these ( the MOTU ones ) ended up being much more popular than anyone imagined.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; September 2, 2018 at 03:41pm.
    Odd Man Out

They did not sell well in my area. Last I checked wave one is still on the shelves. We never even got wave two
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

I wish we could send back all the unsold Picards, so they could be melted down and turned into characters we actually want!
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; September 2, 2018 at 03:58pm.
    Odd Man Out