Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mega Construx Future Revealed at Power-Con 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Greenskull View Post
    I live in Atlantic Canada and I was able to pick up wave 2 at Toys R Us about 2 weeks ago. No Teelas left now but still a few Beast Man.
    Funny enough I just received Faker from eBay and the packaging says Mattel Canada on it, even though it’s pretty hard to find them up here.

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    It will be "everything that the fans want to see"? I highly doubt they will actually make a full and fully three-dimensional CG (rather than the usual clamshell). They should also care about making the releases available worldwide rather than just as US-exclusives; there are lots of fans outside of the US and Mattel is a global company.

They have produced some very large sets for other lines, so it is possible they could go all out with this. If not, it can be expanded upon. Surely they'll also plan for a Point Dread add-on. I don't expect to get the base and surrounding pit, will have to do that with bricks I already have.
    What figures would they include with Grayskull? They could be a big selling point as with some large Lego sets if they're exclusive to it. It would have to include the Sorceress (& Zoar too?), but who else? King Grayskull (maybe as a statue), He-Ro, another He-Man?

I hope this line does well enough to get lots of vehicles and other locations like Snake Mountain and the Fright Zone/Slime Pit.

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    Now if only I could find these in the UK, or was at least able to buy them online somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salamandra View Post
    Is Entertainment Earth any good these days? I saw the Mega Construx on their site, but I was very leery of ordering from them. I had a couple of rotten experiences with them back in the 90s, but I didn't know if they'd gotten any better.
    I've pre-ordered the set and Windraider from them, only used a handful of times but never had a problem, they have pretty decent UK postage prices too.
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nianotreve View Post
    I've pre-ordered the set and Windraider from them, only used a handful of times but never had a problem, they have pretty decent UK postage prices too.
    When was the last time you placed an order with EE? I wanted to order 7-8 Reaction figures from them, but the postage came up to $120 USD!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilJam View Post
    They have produced some very large sets for other lines, so it is possible they could go all out with this. If not, it can be expanded upon. Surely they'll also plan for a Point Dread add-on. I don't expect to get the base and surrounding pit, will have to do that with bricks I already have.
    What figures would they include with Grayskull? They could be a big selling point as with some large Lego sets if they're exclusive to it. It would have to include the Sorceress (& Zoar too?), but who else? King Grayskull (maybe as a statue), He-Ro, another He-Man?
    What about also Castle Grayskullman?

Quote Originally Posted by NeilJam View Post
    I hope this line does well enough to get lots of vehicles and other locations like Snake Mountain and the Fright Zone/Slime Pit.
    Yeah, and let's not forget also about the Royal Palace (maybe even the whole of Eternos? why not dream? ). If there's ever a chance to get a Royal Palace, it will probably be in this smaller scale (since we can count our stars if we ever get past CG + SM in MotUC). Also, the Three Towers of Eternia (somewhat a bit likelier in MotUC, but still well within the realm of "yeah, keep dreaming...").

We could even go total bonks and dream about getting Castle Brightmoon, the Mystic Mountains (Avion on top + Andreenos inside/bottom), the House of Shokoti, or the City of Onnor, as MegaConstrux sets (or else make customs of those ourselves from Megabloks/MCX and Lego bricks).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

I think anything that was part of the original 80s line is possible at this scale. The bigger sets (Grayskull, Snake Mountain) would need to do well if there are hopes for bigger locales like the Royal Palace or Avion. I think they would be several years off in the future of possibilities though, so in the meantime I'll have to see if I can do something with my current collection. Any vehicle can certainly be done, maybe even an Attak Trak that looks like what was normally featured on the show.

If they don't include the tramway, the Three Towers could be split into individual sets (each with an exclusive figure of course). However, then there is the possibility of one set being harder to find than others due to included character popularity or if one is particularly good for parts. For example, one might want parts from the Grayskull tower to modify Castle Grayskull itself.

They could always make...I hate to say it... blind bags for the Minifigures

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
    I must possess all, or I possess nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by aca1raven2002 View Post
    They could always make...I hate to say it... blind bags for the Minifigures

NNnnnooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Seriously though, that would be an awful route to go down.

How do you think they could go about doing Battlecat and Panthor seeing as these are in packaging only big enough to pack in one figure? I know that there is the Wind Raider coming out but seriously doubt they would do a boxset for just those. As of the announced wave 5 figures, the only figures left that I desperately need them to make before cancelling this line is:

Battle Armor He-man with Battlecat
    Orko
    Ram Man
    Man-E-Faces
    Moss Man
    Mekaneck

Sorceress
    Zodac

Battle Armor Skeletor with Panthor
    Tri-Klops
    Trapjaw
    Merman
    Clawful
    Stinkor

I really hope when they do come around to doing Ram Man, that he is the same size as the other guys and not some odd shape. Would love him just like he is in his mini comic. Always annoyed me as a kid that he was so different as a toy.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by CroGoblin View Post
    When was the last time you placed an order with EE? I wanted to order 7-8 Reaction figures from them, but the postage came up to $120 USD!
    A few days ago I pre-ordered the 5-pack as well as the Wind Raider. Shipping was about 43$ for a total of ~85$. A lot of money for those little guys. But its MotU right?

At first, when I was confronted with this line, I wasn't really into it. But the more I looked at it, the more I started to like them. Eventually I went on a shopping spree and got myself the complete TMNT cartoon line...

Quote Originally Posted by Crayfish View Post
    How do you think they could go about doing Battlecat and Panthor seeing as these are in packaging only big enough to pack in one figure? I know that there is the Wind Raider coming out but seriously doubt they would do a boxset for just those. As of the announced wave 5 figures, the only figures left that I desperately need them to make before cancelling this line is:

Battle Armor He-man with Battlecat
    Orko
    Ram Man
    Man-E-Faces
    Moss Man
    Mekaneck

Sorceress
    Zodac

Battle Armor Skeletor with Panthor
    Tri-Klops
    Trapjaw
    Merman
    Clawful
    Stinkor
    I remember them doing a world of Warcraft little box set that came with a mount and rider maybe something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Orko Within View Post
    A few days ago I pre-ordered the 5-pack as well as the Wind Raider. Shipping was about 43$ for a total of ~85$. A lot of money for those little guys. But its MotU right?

At first, when I was confronted with this line, I wasn't really into it. But the more I looked at it, the more I started to like them. Eventually I went on a shopping spree and got myself the complete TMNT cartoon line...
    Yeah, I guess it’s not as bad as the postage EE wanted to charge me for those reaction figures. I was checking Ebay, there’s Wind Raider for around £40, postage included. Seller is from EU, so there shouldn’t be any customs to pay.
    For the 5-pack I’ll probably have to use EE, unless I bump into one somewhere else.
    Last edited by CroGoblin; September 7, 2018 at 11:21am. Reason: grammar

I am glad Mattel sees the interest in their line, but they need to step up with distribution. I have never seen Teela or Faker and only barely found Beast Man thanks to TRU. They're gone now so it's pretty much Walmart or buying a case online, which is absurd to do for only 2-3 characters I would actually want from each wave. I would hate to see Mattel offer an SDCC exclusive for this line since they don't have Matty Collector or even the Mattel Shop online to sell to everyone who can't attend.

I was just wondering whether there would be any chance of Super7 joining forces with Mega Construx/Mattel and produce beast-size Meteorbs for the MOTU Classics toyline. The reusable/buildable/combinable blocks could be relatively cheaper to produce (even for the relatively unknown Meteorbs) and with it's angular geometric pieces fitting for robot-like creatures.
    ... kind of like Lego Bionicle (buildable action-figure/beast), you know.

Thanks for considering this Super7/Mattel.
    Last edited by Sabretooth; September 7, 2018 at 02:10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    What about also Castle Grayskullman?

Good suggestion. If they don't include King Grayskull due to him being from a different time period, they should at least have his Spirit in there. I also hope there is a figure of the spacesuit.

I remember them doing a world of Warcraft little box set that came with a mount and rider maybe something like that http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...35713c6322.jpg

My local Ollie's still has that set. Might get it to add backup characters/creatures to my eventual Brickternia setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer_luvr View Post
    This line is amazing! and I am glad to see it grow....but Mattel needs to have a talk with Walmart about restocking and carrying these. maybe get Target on board too.
    Agreed wholeheartedly.

I'm cautiously optimistic that Mattel seeds in this, all things being equal, a possibility to do everything from the old line. Vehicles. Players. Etc. Due the scale they can make it truly epic. I'm already dreaming of spydor.
    Last edited by baronterror; September 7, 2018 at 04:34pm.

OMG spydor would be epic
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Agreed wholeheartedly.

I'm cautiously optimistic that Mattel seeds in this, all things being equal, a possibility to do everything from the old line. Vehicles. Players. Etc. Due the scale they can make it truly epic. I'm already dreaming of spydor.

Heroic Warrior
    Imagine if they made an enclosed Attacktrack.

OTE=baronterror;3798943]Agreed wholeheartedly.

I'm cautiously optimistic that Mattel seeds in this, all things being equal, a possibility to do everything from the old line. Vehicles. Players. Etc. Due the scale they can make it truly epic. I'm already dreaming of spydor.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by samson View Post
    I really hope when they do come around to doing Ram Man, that he is the same size as the other guys and not some odd shape.
    I like that idea. Maybe he could be slightly bulkier in his torso, but then let it go at that.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; September 9, 2018 at 06:54pm.
    Odd Man Out

So I pre-ordered wave 4 from BBTS back in August. It originally said September it was shipping, and seeing how today is the first of the month its now updated to say October. Any one have any idea when these might actually ship?

So I pre-ordered wave 4 from BBTS back in August. It originally said September it was shipping, and seeing how today is the first of the month its now updated to say October. Any one have any idea when these might actually ship?
    It originally said August when I put in my preorder months ago. Apparently Mattel hasn't shipped them to any retailer yet, given the complete lack of sightings, so BBTS is just updating the estimated arrival date whenever a new month dawns. Hopefully it won't be much longer.

I love this series. They are so well done. I hope there is no end in sight...
    Check out the Masters Of The Galaxy Podcast. And also check out Masters of the Galaxy Facebook page

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Widget
    The only place I've found anything was Toys'R'Us here in Canada East. They only ever got wave 1. The problem is the MOTU stuff sold quick but all the other lines are still there. No wave 2, nothing. I can't find anywhere to get Man-at-arms, Faker, Beastman

Does anyone have a link for a checklist for this collection? Either on this site or another. Although I'm sure I missed it, I couldn't find anything using simple searches.

Update: Looking on ebay it doesn't look like there are many figures, but if anyone has a complete list, I'd still appreciate it.
    Last edited by keithnh72; October 9, 2018 at 02:40pm.
    'By the power of Grayskull, I (kind of) have the power!"