Thread: Super7 please make us some vintage 5.5 vehicles, in vintage art boxes!

Widget

Super7 please make us some vintage 5.5 vehicles, in vintage art boxes!

Please super 7 make us all collectors of the vintage line some retro art style boxed vehicles. I hope the art matches the 80s art and not the new 3d style art. All the collectors of these new 5.5 vintage line will love them! We need love too super 7!!! please!!!! I would love a attack track, the horses, and many, many more!

Heroic Warrior
    I would like a Filmation accurate larger Wind Raider and a Filmation Battle Cat with articulation.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by themodrenman View Post
    I would like a Filmation accurate larger Wind Raider and a Filmation Battle Cat with articulation.
    Oh yes please, all the main vehicles would be all wants! Attack track, Wind raider, Even a new granamyer , Daymar the demon, and all the villains we got for classics that was never made for the vintage line all in vintage artwork boxes.

Why just filmation?!? I want the prototypes as well. Give me GIGANTASAUR, Bubble Carriage, the prototype vehicles, terroar, Lord grasp, snake troopers, and reissues!
    Let's see the Giants and laser figures reissued. And how about Bow and na figures in this style!!!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    Why just filmation?!? I want the prototypes as well. Give me GIGANTASAUR, Bubble Carriage, the prototype vehicles, terroar, Lord grasp, snake troopers, and reissues!
    Let's see the Giants and laser figures reissued. And how about Bow and na figures in this style!!!
    I agree, super 7 you must give us a tons of new things along with the figures in this vintage line! Classics had the love for many years now. Lets make this line just as big and awesome with many of the creatures, villains, vehicles, prototypes, etc.... Would love a vintage granamyer, Daymar the demon, and all the classics stuff in this new line. But please stick to the vintage 80s artwork packages and boxes! Thats what gives these an extra flair!

I agree. The new line needs the same love MOTUC has been receiving for years. I would love to have King Grayskull, Slamurai, Strobo, Snake Trooper, Terroar, Plasmar, Lord Gr’Asp...

Widget
    I agree with all you guys when it comes to getting Filmation vehicles in the vintage scale but also a continuation of the vintage line. My dream creature would be Molkrom! But it would be great to get the lasers at least!!!

I would like this:

Heroic Warrior
    If they do a Battle Cat, do you think he’ll be articulated or static like the original?

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Oh hell yes! I totally forgot about this. Vintage art box as well please!!!!!!

The vehicles and extra beasts would be great but honestly, lets face it, Super7 being a small family company can barely produce the figures on time much less any more extra stuff. I hope they can prove me wrong but I'm not keeping my hopes up. Let's see what happens.

Heroic Warrior
    I hope hes articulated.

If you follow Loyal Subjects, the initial Wave 2 Battlecat action vinyl was super articulated and looked scrawny.

Theyve shared an updated sculpt this week on Instagram with what looks to be 5 POA. If you could just upscale that without upscaling the head entirely, reduce the detail, and mute the colors just a bit, youd have my ideal Vintage Filmation Battlecat.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo2vEr6B...ns_share_sheet

Vintage series Battlecat is probably one of my must-haves. But realistically, it would be a $35-50 ballpark figure from Super 7. For that much, I want 5 POA. Maybe as many as 7 (waist twist and tail twist). Any more and it wouldnt look vintage. Any less than 4-5 and people will balk at the likely price.

For $50, Id expect removable saddle and alternate Cringer head. Id probably take a one piece figure with no articulation or removable bits but youd still need a good deco and sculpt and Id pay no more than $30 for that.

I like the armor bits being two tone red on the LS figure but Id use that deco for a toy release. For Filmation, I think the saddle seat and harness should be a darker red like the cartoon and the eyes shoukd be yellow with pupils.

IMHO, the advantage to a 5-7 POA figure is that they can double dip and do Filmation and non-Filmation releases since even the latter would be an upgrade.

I envision the toy update (as opposed to Filmation) having the same torso and armor but more pronounced sculpted fur (maybe even flocked as an exclusive), toy stripe pattern, and legs positioned more like the vintage toy in their neutral pose (whereas IMHO, Filmation should be posed upright with unbent knees, like his cartoon model tended to stand).

Please no articulated Battle Cat. The unsightly seems and drooping head of the MOTUC Battle Cat ruins the figure IMO.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Khev View Post
    Please no articulated Battle Cat. The unsightly seems and drooping head of the MOTUC Battle Cat ruins the figure IMO.
    So... How would you propose it be any different from a re-release, then? And at what price do you think they could move 10,000 units like that at?

I don't need a ton of seams either (because super-articulation would look out of place) but if it doesn't have the articulation level of a knockoff Barbie or the average Happy Meal sabertooth tiger, I'd be a hard sell for anything over $30.

They could make it more Filmation accurate, a little wider, and give it a slightly different pose without the need for counter-productive articulation.

Battle Cat was always less articulated than the figures in the vintage line so I wouldn't want them to change that. Especially for an adult collectible display where shelf presence trumps play value.

So... something like this for the Battle Ram jet sled? I think something like this could possibly be doable, but as with Mattel, if Super 7 produced vehicles, it would take the place of a wave of figures. Also, the figures are reusing the molds for multiple figures. The vehicle molds are a one shot. I think the only reason we got Stridor was because the Night Stalker tooling had already been made.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    So... something like this for the Battle Ram jet sled? I think something like this could possibly be doable, but as with Mattel, if Super 7 produced vehicles, it would take the place of a wave of figures. Also, the figures are reusing the molds for multiple figures. The vehicle molds are a one shot. I think the only reason we got Stridor was because the Night Stalker tooling had already been made. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...11da7f93f1.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    If they did a standalone sky sled, they might be able to milk it for Filmation (and the evil version with its own colors/hood ornament) as well as a “remastered toy” look. Maybe even a Horde version or another era.

But, in general, with vehicles, I think Super 7 needs to be competitive with eBay’s vintage prices.

The Battleram is cheap to acquire loose. And even a complete Battlecat is under $40.

So you either need a LOT MORE quality (and risk price issues) or a lower price or something fairly comparable with a few flourishes for a similar price +/- $5.

I hope Vintage doesn’t become too much of a premium line because I think the franchise needs people who aren’t Classics/Statue collectors to keep the enthusiasm going. I think that while Vintage probably can’t be a true child safety tested, $10-15 line at Super7’s scale (which I think would be ideal), I think it needs to keep one foot in that world.

I think Sky Sled is a wonderful idea, especially since they can pack it with a figure and do double pack sets (like the vintage He-Man/WindRaider). I'd buy it with every figure good or bad they released it with.

Heroic Warrior
    Oh! And is it just me or are they using the digital head sculpts for Classics on the Vintage bodies?

So if they DID develop a Battlecat. Im guessing it starts as a 3d model that they add articulation to.

Id think they could use the same model, minus articulation, and shrink it down for the Vintage line. Only big thing Id foresee then is that the saddle seat might not fit both size figures as a simple 40% volume downscale (which is what youd get reducing all dimensions by 15%).

So... Heres an idea. How would you feel if they decided they needed vehicles to be shared between 6.5s and 5.5s?

Or I wonder if they could subcontract vehicle production or arrange with DreamWorks/whoever to allow that portion of the license to go elsewhere?

I dont think Mattel is interested. NECA or Funko might be. McFarlane might be.

I figure the big thing you could do to get Funko onboard would be to give them permission to do their own driver figure to go with the vehicle.

So they do Vintage Battlecat but then they get to do a pack-in Battle Armor He-Man off the Savage World buck. They get a complete sale item.

Because of the bundling (vehicle + driver only), S7 could retain its monopoly on either standalone figures or vehicles. And while Funko prices cheaper, that bundling would cost $30-40 which makes it less likely youd have to worry about competition with Super7 single figures.

(I estimate a Funko vehicle + figure pack would be $40 MSRP with many retailers auto-discounting to under $35.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    Oh! And is it just me or are they using the digital head sculpts for Classics on the Vintage bodies?
    I looked at Skeletor and Beastman and there are differences between sculpts. But I'm curious if one is reworked from the other or worked up from the same base. All of them look great.

And really I'd prefer Super7 to handle the vehicles if they were to be made by someone. Their work's aesthetic is more creatively in tune with this stuff, at least based on what I've seen compared to the Savage World/Funko line. I really want to like the Funko figure line, but it kinda feels like someone over there hates color, only has a few minutes to create card art, and the figures kinda suffer from some sort of popsicle neck (there's a bit of lean and posture in the original figures they're based on that gave those figures more life). I feel kinda mean saying it that way, and maybe I'll come around -- I'm going to see if there's a making-of video for the new figures or something. I might be a hop and a skip away from some kinda of appreciation for them if I see an enthusiastic creator on that end of things.

But anyway, I'd really like to see Super7 tackle the vehicle/animal stuff.

Some other stuff I'd like to see them make:
    - small, original vintage-styled playsets, like Fright Zone size or smaller with a gimmick to them.
    - blind box vintage-styled accessories priced at the cost of the Keshi's, with new weapons and items, maybe even props - stuff we haven't seen made before based on the cartoon/comics/whatever.

Heroic Warrior
    I think the SW figures are designed to be a bit closer to Remco Warlord than MOTU. Stiffer neck. Bigger head by a bit. Pale skintones. I figure that was probably part of the anti-lawsuit defense, emulating MOTUs competitors more.

I kinda figured a vintage vehicle is a vintage vehicle. And they seem to draw more MOTU inspiration there because theres no other place to draw from.

These all suggest to me that they COULD do it:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bNbHOjuHl1w

https://youtu.be/7OfzAbAFwDg

https://youtu.be/iDFuT5Mot3Q

The big complaint Id typically have is that SD sculpts can look a bit... soft? But I think that plays well with Filmation style.

My thought was that they could keep vehicle prices down.

The deal as I see it would be:

Figures + Vehicle to keep the price high enough to not outclass S7 while offering a retail friendly total price.

Pilots handpicked by S7 as figures theyd never do. Ie. Monstroid with Hurricane Hordak, Battle Ram with Flying Fists He-Man. Battle Cat with Laser He-Man. But reimagined in a Filmation style. Might be a perfect place for a card art/Loyal Subjects style Faker with magenta armor. Faker with Attak Trak.

Maybe as a sub-condition, hiring S7 to build the bucks (but with SW style articulation; no expensive springloaded punch and using SW style ball jointed legs; designed to be a cheaper figure).

I'll read up on that lawsuit if info is somewhere (can't imagine it wouldn't be!), but I totally get that. I've bought knock-off Transformers, but I've never gotten into the other lines worked up off of Motu figures. Thank you for replying!

Heroic Warrior
    Im not aware of a lawsuit. I just think they might be trying to AVOID one by looking more like the knockoff lines.

Zorn had a much more MOTU style look, I think. Maybe even a bit better. Very Bruce Timm looking IMHO.

The arms and chests all seem based on the same bucks (the finger posing is a giveaway) but it feels like, after Zorn, they mimicked the MOTU KO Remco style more for the head and neck.

They definitely seem to have impressed on Pixel Dan to compare them NOT JUST to MOTU but also Remco. I think by acting like theyre a play on a GENRE of figures done by MULTIPLE companies, they have a parody defense if Mattel ever decided to sue.

If they did a few MOTU figures, Im sure somebody could impress upon them the importance of better heads/postures. And my GUESS is being a 3D model, you could rig and deform the posing.

I DO think the ball joint rather than hinge and socket and the lack of springloaded punch probably bring down the cost a lot. I prefer the balljoint legs honestly because it just pops off rather than breaking and floor polish or clear nail polish will tighten it up when it gets old. S7 Vintage has SLIGHTLY more articulation range but the first batch of twopacks had breakage issues and really needed to be run under a hair dryer before posing. Whereas the Funko stuff is pretty kid-ready out of the package. (A number had legs come off in shipping; bad for mint collectors. But they snapped back on. Good for kids and loose collectors.)

The big thing for me is my concern that a S7 vehicle would cost more than a loose vintage vehicle in excellent shape. It would take Funko or Mattel doing a retail run at 5-10x the volume to get that cost down.

Or a model company! Those vintage vehicle model kits could get a re-release.

For sure if they could make only 2 vintage vehicles the Collector and Gigantisaur would be it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."