Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: He-Man Toys - The JCPenney Christmas Catalogs 1982-86

Widget
    I love how they had Mer-Man riding Battle Cat in the first pic.

When I was a kid, I loved getting these catalogs in the mail. I would use a boxcutter and carefully cut out the pages that interested me, and have my father bind them together at his job and make my own mini-catalog, usually focused around MOTU and GI Joe, and later Nintendo and Ninja Turtles. I would fantasize about having a thousand dollars to just spend on toys. A thousand bucks as a child may as well have been a billion dollars.

Hang in there, Bow! Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalkerē View Post
    When I was a kid, I loved getting these catalogs in the mail. I would use a boxcutter and carefully cut out the pages that interested me, and have my father bind them together at his job and make my own mini-catalog, usually focused around MOTU and GI Joe, and later Nintendo and Ninja Turtles. I would fantasize about having a thousand dollars to just spend on toys. A thousand bucks as a child may as well have been a billion dollars.
    Aww, what a cool memory and a cool dad
    Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

couple things.

my mom usually shopped from JC Pennys so these were always on the kitchen table.

instead of doing my math homework in 1984, i drew the snake mountain photo from the 1984 catalog. i'll try to post the photo cause i still have it

in 1986, i was mad that they didn't have any of the newer figures pictured so i had to borrow my friends sears catalog to order a couple horde troopers.

it was amazing how backordered these figure were. you had to wait weeks
    LOOKING for these MOTU Full Cardbacks:
    -Skeletor w/"original" promo on front
    -Man E Faces w/ "extra weapons" promo on front
    -Trap Jaw w/o Ring Promo on front & newer figures pictured on back
    -Tri Klops w/o Ring Promo on front & newer figures pictured on back
    & Mantisaur Empty Box (USA) Version

Quote Originally Posted by miscus555 View Post
    couple things.

my mom usually shopped from JC Pennys so these were always on the kitchen table.

instead of doing my math homework in 1984, i drew the snake mountain photo from the 1984 catalog. i'll try to post the photo cause i still have it

in 1986, i was mad that they didn't have any of the newer figures pictured so i had to borrow my friends sears catalog to order a couple horde troopers.

it was amazing how backordered these figure were. you had to wait weeks
    Very cool. My mother shopped at JCPenney as well. And the catalogs were always a fixture in our home every fall. As the Christmas of 1982 approached, I wore down my crayons in First Grade art class, repeatedly drawing He-Man and Skeletor from the 1982 catalog picture I'd cut out. I can still remember referring to Skeletor as the 'master death-dealer!'
    MOTU FAN since 1982

Quote Originally Posted by miscus555 View Post

Heehee, cool; would be fun to see that

Quote Originally Posted by rmhart View Post
    As the Christmas of 1982 approached, I wore down my crayons in First Grade art class, repeatedly drawing He-Man and Skeletor from the 1982 catalog picture I'd cut out. I can still remember referring to Skeletor as the 'master death-dealer!'
    In first grade??
    Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

In first grade?? [/QUOTE]

Oh yes. I loved to draw and was obsessed with Skeletor from the 1982 JCPenney catalog. Finally received my first figures that Christmas. Below is pic from Christmas 1982 - that's me in Donkey Kong pajamas, my dog running across my lap, with what would've been an 8-back Skeletor in my hand.

1982 Christmas.jpgSkeletor catalog pic.jpg
    MOTU FAN since 1982

Quote Originally Posted by rmhart View Post
    In first grade??

Oh yes. I loved to draw and was obsessed with Skeletor from the 1982 JCPenney catalog. Finally received my first figures that Christmas. Below is pic from Christmas 1982 - that's me in Donkey Kong pajamas, my dog running across my lap, with what would've been an 8-back Skeletor in my hand.
    lol, that's a great photo :-)

This is a Christmas catalogue included in an Australian magazine in 1984.

0001.jpg