Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did Power-Con attendees receive their figures?

Did Power-Con attendees receive their figures?

What's going on with the Power-Con exclusives? I assume us non-attendees will be waiting a few weeks but what about the attendees? Did you guys pick them up at the con?

I haven't seen any reviews, pics, or complaints about them. In fact, I completely forgot they existed until I was trying to work out what I have on pre-order and realised the forums have been a little quiet on these.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrillhouse View Post
    What's going on with the Power-Con exclusives? I assume us non-attendees will be waiting a few weeks but what about the attendees? Did you guys pick them up at the con?

I haven't seen any reviews, pics, or complaints about them. In fact, I completely forgot they existed until I was trying to work out what I have on pre-order and realised the forums have been a little quiet on these.
    It has been quiet. I did find some quick reviews by grayskullwarrior on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzF0nLMeHAA

Pixel Dan said he'd be reviewing soon as well. Biggest issue seems to be getting the stands in and out of the Trollans,

Heroic Warrior

They are great figures.

Spikor is pointy. Not a kid's toy!

Chopper is...Chopper.

The Trollans are great. The wands' designs aren't very imaginative and a poor derivative of Orko's wand on close inspection. It IS nice that they have them, though. The stands are easy to work with if you have a blow dryer. Just heat up the socket under their robes until the plastic is malleable (a full minute under high heat for me did the trick). The stands pop right in and work securely. The stand is sadly silver, but the base is wider, making them harder to knock over.

Overall, 3 solid entries...or rather, 4. :-).

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Good to hear. Was getting worried that they didn't exist and I had dreamt the whole thing!

Good to hear. Was getting worried that they didn't exist and I had dreamt the whole thing!
    Nerds on a couch did a video while at powercon and said all three figures are solid and well made.

Bcrduke said they are very solid and well made.

So it looks like Super7 is improving on the plastic quality.
    I’m looking forward to my Powercon exclusives and my wave two figures.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

Did everyone already get their Trollan 2-pack?

I can't even remember where I ordered mine from

Quote Originally Posted by Artistix View Post
    Did everyone already get their Trollan 2-pack?
    If they were an Attendee at the show, they would have gotten theirs.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    If they were an Attendee at the show, they would have gotten theirs.
    Ah right. I just found my post back on page 65, I ordered them from BBTS.

Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Attachment 117686

Attachment 117687

Attachment 117688

Attachment 117689

I had a friendly orger pick me up a set when he went to power con and they arrived today. I couldn’t wait a couple months to go the non attendees route. I’m crazy for filmation and had to have them now. I’ll post some pics later. He also—I didn’t even ask—was nice enough to pick me up the power con program which is gorgeous with its artwork

- - - Updated - - -

I can confirm—on mine at least—the qc is excellent. No derp eye on spikor clean lines. Nicely painted eyes on dree-Elle in fact her eyes are gorgeous I’m really happy with these. All are outstanding. And unlike Motuc Orko NO paint bleed on the Trollans’ ears And spikor teeyh nice and clean and uniform

I also like that S7 is doing away with an crunch and sculpting armor into buck. It definitely makes it more aesthetically pleasing
    I’m so jelly right now! They look fabulous. Wish I had a friend like that too! Congrats on your new arrivals. Can’t wait (but have to!) to get mine some time next month or November...

Pixel Dan has reviewed spikor , chopper and Montork and Dree-Elle

- - - Updated - - -

Filmation Chopper He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Figure Video Review

- - - Updated - - -

Filmation Spikor He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Figure Video Review

Filmation Dre Elle & Uncle Montork Masters of the Universe Figures Video Review

Last edited by mjw41; September 15, 2018 at 11:49am.

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

Heroic Warrior

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, roboto, shadow weaver, entrapta , adora, moss man, stratos, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Pixel Dan has so far reviewed spikor and chopper

- - - Updated - - -

Filmation Chopper He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Figure Video Review

- - - Updated - - -

Filmation Spikor He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Figure Video Review
    I just watched PIXEL DANs Chopper review. It was the first time i saw him out of the package as iīm not the target audience for Club Grayskull and i didnīt paid much attention to the exclusives i have to admit.

PIXEL DANs video introduced me to MOTUC in 2009 and even my boyfriend knows who PIXEL DAN is by now and when ever he hears his voice he asks what figure is arriving soon to our home. PIXEL DAN sold me on figures like Draego Man who i didnīt wanted in the beginning or Whiplash whom i didnīt cared for but thanks to the review i had to get.

This video proofs to me why Club Grayskull doesīt work for me. SUPER7 is making the figures taller and slimmer. All of them appear to be skinnier-females and males. The bio on the back of Chopper calls him stocky and he looks anything but stocky in his figure form.
    It says cartoon accurate but thatīs not true. You canīt take Tri-Klops long legs and use it for Chopper...i mean you shouldīt if you want to stay true to the source material.

His torso is to long, his legs are to long and this has nothing to do with the cartoon style but he would need a different bug similar to the 200X figures.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Warrior

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, roboto, shadow weaver, entrapta , adora, moss man, stratos, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Got this reply from Power Con early this morning regarding our address/collecting preference:

Thank you for your reply!
    Your will-open / will-not-open preference has been noted, and your current shipping address verified.
    Pending no delays at customs, our plan is to begin shipping Non-Attendee orders in mid-October; possibly early October if we're lucky. It will take a few weeks to get everything shipped once we begin, and you will be automatically e-mailed a tracking number.
    Thank you so much for your support of Power-Con, and we hope you will be able to make it to a future show! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Got this reply from Power Con early this morning regarding our address/collecting preference:

Your will-open / will-not-open preference has been noted, and your current shipping address verified.
    Pending no delays at customs, our plan is to begin shipping Non-Attendee orders in mid-October; possibly early October if we're lucky. It will take a few weeks to get everything shipped once we begin, and you will be automatically e-mailed a tracking number.
    Thank you so much for your support of Power-Con, and we hope you will be able to make it to a future show! :-)
    Thanks for the head’s up! I will wait for mine to come. I guess there is quite a number to do so I’ll give mine a day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
    Thanks for the head’s up! I will wait for mine to come. I guess there is quite a number to do so I’ll give mine a day or two.
    Sure thing! Just wanted everyone to know that they should get a verified reply email from Power-Con to our initial reply about their question.

Sure thing! Just wanted everyone to know that they should get a verified reply email from Power-Con to our initial reply about their question.
    It really helps a lot when fans share this info. So today two helpful hints came up which means this coming week will be real exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
    It really helps a lot when fans share this info. So today two helpful hints came up which means this coming week will be real exciting!
    Definitely!!!

Yeah I got that too

Court Magician
    I just received an email from BBTS that the Power Con exclusive Spikor is expected to ship in about 10 days, so anyone who ordered the Power Con exclusives through BBTS looks like they are arriving soon!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by 80sboy4 View Post
    I just received an email from BBTS that the Power Con exclusive Spikor is expected to ship in about 10 days, so anyone who ordered the Power Con exclusives through BBTS looks like they are arriving soon!
    Yes I got a similar email from BBTS. A pleasant surprise, I wasn't expecting them so soon!

Court Magician
    Me neither, a very pleasant surprise. Thought these would ship in the next month or so.

Heroic Warrior
    7E88C51A-3FB0-43E9-A8B8-097220A980D4.jpg
    Here is a pic with proper motuc orko instead of the vintage one

They are processing them and charging cards today at BBTS. I had ordered as soon as they went up on their site. Make sure you have funds available.

BBTS just debited me for the PowerCon figures. Shipping soon.
    Last edited by Spikor1982; September 24, 2018 at 02:45pm.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."