Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NYCC 2018- Reveals + Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedpsyche View Post
    I guess secret Identities are sooooo 1980.
    IKR

This Netflix cartoon is a huge pass for me, its just too sailor Moon for my taste.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushmonster31 View Post
    https://toynewsi.com/345-31871

She-ra Cartoon figures are up!
    Weird. I don't understand these. At the price point (plus shipping), surely no parent will buy these. And yet they appear to be designed for children, not adult collectors.

Hopefully Mattel are still planning on releasing their own toys for the She-Ra reboot at retail.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    My thoughts are that She-Ra looks like a freaking Twiggit compared to the rest--like the majority of the female characters since S7 took over. I said that the Sorceress would be the last short female I (unwittingly) bought, and unless S7 puts a hold on She-Ra and addresses this issue now, this is one completist who is ready to give up that title.

43078658_10160999766375258_5380576982222241792_o copy.jpg
    Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Facebook

To the Powers that Be: Give me a proper King Miro figure, please!!

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Hopefully more gets shown, this weekend.
    Does Galactus fart?

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmonster31 View Post
    https://toynewsi.com/345-31871

She-ra Cartoon figures are up!
    Wow... 5 points of articulation? Terrible sculpts? Is this where our CC money is going to??

These figures look plain awful! Why didn't they just add them to the existing ReAction line?

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Definitely a joke. There's no way Super7 is working on a New Adventures playset when Snake Mountain isn't even off the ground yet. Sorry, folks. Ornclown was joking. I thought that was pretty clear.
    Yeah... sorry guys.

I want this to happen so badly that my compulsion to post a "wish list" took over...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    Trust a guy with clown in his name...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer_luvr View Post
    Wow... that cartoon looks like it has as many frames of animation as the figures have point of articulation...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the NEW ADVENTURES lineup !!!

The hard-core supporters of S7 are always encouraging us to reach out to Brian directly with our concerns on Facebook, and assuring us of his responsiveness.

I hope he will respond to the message I just sent him about She-Ra's apparent dwarfism:

Hi Brian,

We've never "met," but a fellow member on He-Man.Org has said that you are very open to communicating with fans on Facebook. I hope that's true.

I am a completist, and have purchased every MOTUC and Club Grayskull product since 2008. I also own (near) complete collections of the vintage MOTU and POP lines, the 200X line, and the NA line.

So, please believe me when I say I'm a fan.

I'm not one to get upset over stiff or loose joints, I didn't throw a fit about Tri-Klops' armor color or stuck visor--I'd like to think that I am a reasonable person, who understands that y'all are doing your best.

However, I am frustrated by what I see as the ever-shrinking women in the lines produced by S7. I didn't like how short the Filmation Teela looked, but I could write it off in my mind as her being an adolescent character. But when I saw the dwarfism afflicting the Sorceress it broke my heart--I regretted bothering to invest in a second figure, because she just doesn't look like she goes with the rest (due to her height).

And now I see that it seems like your company's poised to do the same thing with She-Ra.

Are you aware of the fact that many of us are seriously dissatisfied with the handling of the female characters' height? Like--to the point where some of us are considering dropping the line all together? And, if you are aware, is there any intention of correcting the issue somehow?

I hope you will forgive my presumption in writing you, and that you will write me back.

Respectfully,
    xxx
    Dark Legacies

Facebook

She-Ra looks good but the height issue is a big concern of mine too. Thank you for sending that message. I doubt anything will improve....

...and if it does, it'll probably be in time for Filmation Glimmer, so she can tower over the others again *eyeroll/knock on wood*

I think that She-Ra came out phenomenally. But I’m a troll for liking things.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    She-Ra looks good but the height issue is s big concern of mine too. Thank you for sending that message. I doubt anything will improve....

...and if it does, it'll probably be in time for Filmation Glimmer, so she can tower over the others again *eyeroll/knock on wood*
    Unfortunately, I think it's a big concern for many of us, but TPTB aren't hearing our voices because of (a) the myriad other issues seem more pressing; and/or (b) certain users and reviewers drowning out/dismissing such concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I think that She-Ra came out phenomenally. But I’m a troll for liking things.
    In terms of appearance, I agree that she looks phenomenal. But, stood next to the male figures, she'll look like she's from an entirely different line...like Teela and the Sorceress.
    Dark Legacies

Facebook

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    IKR

This Netflix cartoon is a huge pass for me, its just too sailor Moon for my taste.
    Huge pass for me too.

I cannot understand why they changed so much the original characters...
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

That She-Ra looks good, but still inferior to what was done in Classics. And, yes, unacceptably too short. There wasn't any excuse for the other too-short female figures recently, but there really isn't any excuse for She-Ra to be so short.
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

She will surely be shorter than all the other POP figures we bought

WHY Super7 ??

Also, could someone at NYCC please ask Brian exactly how this She-Ra will be able to sit on the MOTUC Swiftwind...cause I have no clue.

Club Grayskull Filmation Wave 3

I think it was the display Case lighting that made Ultimates Filmation He-Man's Face and hands look Glossy
    because they don't look glossy in Toyarks pictures.

Last edited by mjw41; October 5, 2018 at 08:45am.

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

Do u know what I thought...
    Is S7 using a gloss sealant on the faces?
    The plastic lools the same to me, but more matte.
    Did they seal ot with a matte finish instead?
    Or is the plastic actually different...
    The new heads gove a translucent "skin" like feel to them...

Court Magician
    In all the conventions it's the same, ultimates, reactions or products like She-ra and Catra of Netflix, we want Collectors choise, new characters, is the principal line and more 1 year no news, very dissapointed again of super 7.

You might be right.

I'm just thrilled they are going to offer these two Ultimate Filmation releases. This helps everyone who missed out on Mattels release get them without paying the huge secondary market prices plus those of us who got the botched boots/ankles Filmation He-Man from Mattel will now have the style boots The Horsemen originally intended before Brandon at Mattel chose to get creative and change the boot styles from the prototypes.

Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post

In terms of appearance, I agree that she looks phenomenal. But, stood next to the male figures, she'll look like she's from an entirely different line...like Teela and the Sorceress.
    I completely disagree with you. The female figures in the HATMOTU line are all in scale with each other.

I definitely find the somewhat more translucent plastic distracting.

It's like the plastic has been diluted...

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I completely disagree with you. The female figures in the HATMOTU line are all in scale with each other.
    Or not :

*Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

She-Ra has that horrible, shiny flesh coloured plastic. They need to start painting the flesh colour like Matty used to. Its the biggest problem with the Super7 figures and would greatly improve them across the board IMO. The other three figures look really good.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    They have not showed us Snake Mountain yet so there is still a chance they show us CC wave 3 ?
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

According to www.twitter.com/preterniadotcom Filmation figures will be up for preorder at the end of the month.

Very first time Club Grayskull and Collector Choice are available in different preorders. Wonder if this means more figures throughout the year.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    She-Ra looks good but the height issue is a big concern of mine too. Thank you for sending that message. I doubt anything will improve....

Agree that the women are too small. Sorceress height was the biggest let down for the last wave of 8 figures. Granita wasn't as bad. But Sorceress was a good half inch from being acceptable. If She-ra is the same way Super7 needs to increase the size.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

I think the quality looks great, from the pictures at least. It doesn't look like the hard shiny plastic treatment that other figures have gotten in the past.

Why is Grizzlors harness and boots blue theyre supposed to be as black as Mantennas.? And a purple baton?
    Welcome to my Shapeways shop (Filmation inspired heads and accessories)
    http://www.shapeways.com/shops/eternalcustoms
    My facebook page:
    https://m.facebook.com/eternalcustoms
    Most Wanted MOTUC: Melaktha, Kittrina, King Helios, Colossor, Zilora, Dragoon