Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Wave 2 Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    Well... I just got both my sets of Wave 2...
    Ugh... seriously quality just keeps getting worse... particularly on the Filmation/Grayskull ones

Besides the face and height of Sorceress, the torso and legs are wobbly and loose... it’s bad...

Then Tung Lasher’s head on mine, has some issue as it shows remains of some sort of glue that doesn’t allow the head to freely rotate in the peg... it’s weird because you can interchange heads but it just doesn’t move right, legs are very loose

Man-E-Faces is ok for the most part, but rotating the face is a bit tight and doesn’t move easily... I’m fearing paint will chip off if I change the faces too often...

Finally, this one bummed me so much...
    Merman, loose joints, but the biggest problem in mine are the eyes...
    No pupils... WTF?

Now, as far as Classics go, overall the wave is pretty solid... Granita has some issues but other than that, good figures!
    I actually love Dylamug, great figure and such a crazy character

Not sure if we know this, but feels like all Filmation figures are being manufactured on a different factory, the plastics, designs and engineering feel so different and also qualitywise... not sure what S7s plans are but definitely not improving

I give them Kudos though for sending a replacement TriKlops head where the visor actually works!

Quick and dirty pics
    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d00ec977a6.jpg
    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...2215c9d500.png
    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...aa91d14000.jpg
    Dude.... that is a huge bummer!

I was hoping, against hope, that the QC issues were going to be better (if not resolved), but it seems like another spin of the wheel.

And, seriously, look at how short the Sorceress is!?! Really?? C'mon Super7!

On a side note, maybe along with wave 3 you'll get an envelope with properly painted figures from wave 2 inside!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the NEW ADVENTURES lineup !!!

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    Most folks getting them (or who know they are coming) seem to be mentioning FedEx. Anybody received theirs USPS yet?

No complaints--I was among the first to get my Stridor. Got to take turns, right? Just wondering if the FedEx shipments seem to be going out first..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Wow!! They need to hire someone for the quality control department ASAP!!!

Heroic Warrior
    motubox.jpgmotukarg.jpgmotudylamug.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

For some reason it still is only allowing me a couple pics. I give up My thoughts, though they are currently still MOC

Sorceress- crossed eyes are much worse in photos. She looks fine, just not like Filmation. I will repaint the face and hope that does the trick.
    Man E faces- Looks great
    Tung Lashor- head is a bit bulbous but pretty good
    Merman- yeah he could use a bit of a neck, but it doesn't bother me and he is amazing. My main nit pick is he has fingernails. They simply painted regular hands instead of using gloved hands. But I am still over the moon with him.

Karg-don't get the face paint complaints, mine looks great. Awesome figure.
    Dylamug- he's fun for what he is. Paint matches on all 3 dials on mine.
    Wrap Trap- lots of areas where the green paint is missing and splotchy.
    Granita- looks great to me. Not a character I care much about, so I am not worried about the details much. I hope she is up to par for those excited for her! Execution on mine looks great though.

UPDATED AFTER OPENING:
    QC ISSUES:
    So, my Merman (the one I was soooo excited for) was broken right out of the package. Right arm totally broken at the shoulder. So disappointed. My armless Merman also will not move at the abdomen at all. Now I am awaiting a replacement for God knows how long.

Tung Lashor's torso is made out of very cheap plastic. Making the ab crunch work caused the lower abdomen to split open, and there's glue all over. Also his head does not fit well on the pin. These pins are not made well. The Mattel classics used a pin that had a ball on each end for greater range of motion. These have a circle on the bottom that a pin in the body goes through, so the pin does not actually move. it's a huge design flaw.

Man E Faces ab crunch will only go backwards, not forward. His face is also very hard to turn.

Dylamug could really use some aditional articulation, particular at the wrist. He is pretty limited, and the face plates spin too easily. Still, he is a fun figure.

Everything else I stated above while they were MOC stands. I have to say, Karg is an epic figure. Now, I hate the MOTU movie. It was one of the biggest disappointments of my young life. But they are doing an amazing job with those figures, and Karg may be the best yet. He's pretty stunning.
    Last edited by snake_mole_hill; September 18, 2018 at 12:50am.

Widget
    Every time I see a new picture of the CC figures, I am just overjoyed and super amped up to get mine.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Some disapointments with QC apparently.

Hope that is not very often and for the ones who got bad figures, hope after-sales service will be effective and fast.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Wow - Sorceress looks tiny....

The others look good though.

So everyone who orders wave two gets a tri-klops head, is that one head per set or just one head, are there going to be extras for those that ordered more than one tri-klops in the first place or didn't order wave two, it's nice they've stuck one in there but a bit of communication would be nice as well.

Thanks to everyone posting pics. The figures look pretty good except The Sorceress of course. She is too short and squat. Super 7 needs to make the torsos a big longer. That articulation is not worth short, stubby female figures. Also, the Sorceress costume is too big on the bottom, like too baggy compared to the close fitting feather garb of the first sculpt. She also has the wide leg pins.

Super 7 botched the one figure that should have been a slam dunk (just like they did with Teela).

If there is anybody who ordered both CC and CG PLUS extra figures (lets say 2 or 3) - can you advise what the box was like? I’ve seen the standard box that has both in it but when there are extras on top of that how do they arrive? Taped together or separate?

Man, I had originally put in a Wave 2 order for Club Grayskull thinking the Filmation Sorceress would take the place of my Classics Sorceress. This final figure- between the weird face/eyes and the height issue- doesn't look remotely close to how good the prototype looked. I had cancelled my pre-order for Club Grayskull earlier in the summer after Comic-Con, started to regret it some time later, but overall don't regret my decision seeing in-hand photos now. It seems Club Grayskull's quality control has suffered the most and been all over the place. It's a line I just can't commit money to anymore.
    For some reason though (thankfully?), Collector's Choice seems to be faring better. I know Hawk/Delora was a flub, but looking at in-hand photos of Wave 2 of CC, it seems this batch of four has come out pretty good. The lighting on some of the pictures makes some of them look a little off color-wise, but the sculpts and details seemed to make it through and I like what I've seen so far. I really like whatever paint they used on Karg's arms and legs that give him a shiny metallic sheen... I don't think we've seen that done much in regards to figures' arms & legs. The paint job on Wrap Trap's crossbow is better than all four Club Grayskull wave 2 figures combined
    Last edited by zodak74; September 18, 2018 at 09:03am.

Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    So everyone who orders wave two gets a tri-klops head, is that one head per set or just one head, are there going to be extras for those that ordered more than one tri-klops in the first place or didn't order wave two, it's nice they've stuck one in there but a bit of communication would be nice as well.
    I actually ordered wave 1 with a friend to save on shipping. He now ordered wave 2 with me to save on shipping. Will he now get the new heads sent separately as obviously he does not have an order for wave 2 in his name. Nor do I have one for wave 1! What now?

Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    UPDATED AFTER OPENING:
    QC ISSUES:
    So, my Merman (the one I was soooo excited for) was broken right out of the package. Right arm totally broken at the shoulder. So disappointed. My armless Merman also will not move at the abdomen at all. Now I am awaiting a replacement for God knows how long.

Tung Lashor's torso is made out of very cheap plastic. Making the ab crunch work caused the lower abdomen to split open, and there's glue all over. Also his head does not fit well on the pin. These pins are not made well. The Mattel classics used a pin that had a ball on each end for greater range of motion. These have a circle on the bottom that a pin in the body goes through, so the pin does not actually move. it's a huge design flaw.
    This quoted bit pretty much sums up my wave 1 experience with S7. Plus, it was hell to get them to reply to an email, and they flat out refused to help over the phone. I wish you well with your replacements. I had hoped these types of issues wouldn't plague wave 2.
    "..."

Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    One head per customer. They are just sending it out to everyone not based on how many tri klops you ordered.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    I know no shipping notices are going out (why is that exactly?), but for those receiving their order, does it at least show shipped/delivered in your online order history? Or do we not even get that convenience?
    Shop DC Collectibles for Pop Culture Entertainment -
    Hot Toys, Action Figures, Game & Hobby, Comic Book, Retro / Vintage & More!
    https://DCCollect.com • #24Tuesday • Free Shipping • More!

Get Social for the latest news and reviews, product updates and sale announcements:
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Pinterest

Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    I know no shipping notices are going out (why is that exactly?), but for those receiving their order, does it at least show shipped/delivered in your online order history? Or do we not even get that convenience?
    My Stridor still shows unfulfilled and I’ve had it a month almost!

Glad they're arriving! Now to play the waiting game... where I get ever so slightly more anxious and impatient with every day without an arrival haha.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.lukespicer.com

I got a shipping notice this morning and haven't recieved anything yet

Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    Good to hear about the shipping notice! I have to have these things scheduled, can't just have them showing up out of the blue with all that's going on!
    Last edited by DennyCrane; September 18, 2018 at 10:27pm.
    Shop DC Collectibles for Pop Culture Entertainment -
    Hot Toys, Action Figures, Game & Hobby, Comic Book, Retro / Vintage & More!
    https://DCCollect.com • #24Tuesday • Free Shipping • More!

Get Social for the latest news and reviews, product updates and sale announcements:
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Pinterest

Good to hear about the shipping notice! I have to have these things scheduled, can't just have them showing up out of the blue with all that's going on!

@TigerBlade - What carrier are they using for your order if you don't mind?
    Mine is coming by FedEx
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerBlade View Post
    I got a shipping notice this morning and haven't recieved anything yet
    I posted in the other wave 2 thread that I also got a shipping notification yesterday regarding wave 2.

I've been critical of everything Super 7 has released after the Ultimates. But I really was hoping things would get better. It sounds like wave 2 is more of the same craptastic quality control issues. MOTUC is dead to me. I have a few Mattel released MOTUC figures to pick up and then I'm done.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Totally Dyslexic
    This thread is depressing.

Here are fans and customers who haven´t given up on SUPER7 and seeing them getting disappointed is sad. I really do feel for you guys.

SUPER7 is not doing the best job here and those are characters in a design people wanted for their whole lives and than finally they get what they desire for and the figures fall apart by only touching them or simply look not as promised.

As a MOTUC customer i sometimes didn't got the design i was hoping for but i knew the FOUR HORSEMEN gave their all no matter what and so i trusted them. Mattel botched a few figures as well and i haven´t forgotten that but this feels different.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRandorFacepalm View Post
    Most folks getting them (or who know they are coming) seem to be mentioning FedEx. Anybody received theirs USPS yet?

No complaints--I was among the first to get my Stridor. Got to take turns, right? Just wondering if the FedEx shipments seem to be going out first..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I picked USPS and nothing yet. $45 for shipping for 8 figures was steep too. After what I went through with the 5.5", I don't expect these for a month.

I haven't received a shipping notice or my figures yet, but I'm not worried. However, I am worried about these quality issues. I am (was?) really excited about this group of figures (Merman!) and I liked what I saw at SDCC, but I'm not sure I can rationalize spending more money on the next wave let alone the cost of Snake Mountain if my group has similar issues. Sorceress is so short!?!?!? I also have the Power-Con items coming, but reviews on those haven't been great either. (Montork stand issues?) I will withhold final judgement until I get my items in my hands, but this is certainly taking some air out of the balloon.